AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 15:21   Link #101
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Lol, I thought Amata and Mikono had perfectly good chemistry cuz of what Mikono said in the first episode "We're a pair of useless people".
Two horribly written characters getting together is good cuz i dont want that Amata to taint dear Zessica. Zessica should be with Kagura, hell those two were the stars of this episode.
I'm speaking about chemistry here. Chemistry = endearing interactions to watch.

But I agree that in a way they deserve each other . Just don't make their boring romance such a central piece of the show.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:23   Link #102
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post

But I agree that in a way they deserve each other . Just don't make their boring romance such a central piece of the show.
I apologize for that misinterpretation. I was thinking about chemistry as in how well they go together rather than endearing interactions to watch.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:27   Link #103
koalatea

Quote:

I found their interactions endearing to watch. :/
Old 2012-06-24, 15:29   Link #104
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalatea View Post
I found their interactions endearing to watch. :/
The blushyblush I can understand even if I'm not into vanilla.

But Mikono going tsun on Amata and his acting like a miserable doormat. It's horrible.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:30   Link #105
mayumi

All they needed to show was Zessica can get over Amata but they didn't. She is only 17, for god's sake it should be easy to get over someone like Amata. He is not worth Zessica' love for eternity.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:31   Link #106
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
I don't think so SkullFaerie. Just remove Zessica from the show, making her fall for Kagura (who doesn't even talk to her until the final ep and only appears once every 6 episodes) would ruin her character totally.

I'd much rather a forever alone end then this KaguraxZessica pairing. This is ridiculous.
It would have been so, if they had squeezed it into this last episode, or even if they had squeezed it into this show as it is.
I meant it would've done wonders for the appeal of the show if it had been written into the show from the beginning instead of having Kagura and Zessica be interested in respectively Mikono and Amata.
Why? Because the show was set up for these two to never have a chance in hell with their love interests in the first place. The inclusion of it was completely pointless, dragged the plot out and ruined everyone's character in the process. By removing this element, you get a better show.
However, by making Zessica a friend, she gets a boring role, wasting her potential.
Same by having Kagura be only an enemy/ the other half.
By giving her a love interest of her own, you give her a deserving plot. By making it Kagura, he gets a good ending too- which he very much deserves. You also add an actually interesting love story to your protagonists (enemies, both are pilots, both have strong personalities, one had a bad life and is messed up etc. a lot of potential), since the main one falls flat.
Amata and Mikono can explore their feelings without becoming jerks, Mikono may get a chance to become awesome in the process and they might actually end up decent characters. The show becomes memorable by having a boring but stable and a hot headed and tortured main couple.

Or you could take Zessica out of the show completely and have a bland story about a creepy clingy dude and his dry damsel. You choose
(That said, taking her and Kagura out of the show would leave Evol as a generic, slightly boring but overall palatable offering. Nothing memorable, but maybe entertaining enough. Would still be an improvement.)
Old 2012-06-24, 15:37   Link #107
Destined_Fate

So they went with the Worst Ending Possible huh?
Old 2012-06-24, 15:42   Link #108
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So they went with the Worst Ending Possible huh?
At least Mikage and Kagura got a good end.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:44   Link #109
ZetaAEUG

Not touching the 'pairing' with Kagura, but as I see it, she didn't look very interested in him at all. I think it was hinted at in there to appeal to the Kagura and Zessica fanbases but to me it comes off as cheap. Zessica can be alone and move on like Cayenne or Yunoha.

I did find it funny that Kagura is totally absent from the group photo though, seems like nobody forgot about his murderous rampage. So at least there's some consistency there. His character is probably the worst followed by Mikono, hopefully the subs will explain his sudden change in personality but knowing EVOL's writing they probably won't.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:44   Link #110
Thess

Mykage got a good end! Kinda. I was happy for him.

No comment about the randomness of the Kagura-related things. Maybe they cut content.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-24, 15:48   Link #111
Zuul

I think Zessica not being shown to move on was made to not hurt the otakus and their purity obssession. It's not necesserally Okada/Kawamori being cruel for the heck of it.

I recently read about the kannagi incident and went full facepalm.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:48   Link #112
mayumi

IF they did the Kagura change in personality 4 eps back and make him realize that "smell" is not the way to love someone I might take him seriously over the last minute twist. I would have also appreacaited it if he told mikono that she is a weak ass bitch compared to silvia
Old 2012-06-24, 15:49   Link #113
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
It wouldn't solve AmataxMikono bad chemistry problem, but at least you wouldn't have to see the worst option winning, because there wouldn't be any other option to begin with. And without Kagura, Amata's creepy side wouldn't have been made so blatantly obvious.
well no, nothing can really solve that, unless you redo their personalities: Have Mikono actually do something and become more confident and mature in the process. Just because she's bland doesn't mean she can't grow into a fine young woman. Give Amata something real to mention in his ep 23 speech.
And without Kagura to pounce on, Amata could either act normal, or be an obsessive creeper without people noticing. It doesn't make them compelling, but at least likeable or cute- even though I don't like these vanilla couples personally.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:50   Link #114
Destined_Fate

Quote:
At least Mikage and Kagura got a good end.
Eh, I would still have preferred Mykage killing Amata and "useless" Mikono. Besides, Zessica got no happy ending. After all she went through she got... Nothing. What was the point of torturing her for so many episodes than at the big finale she gets nothing but sadness while the two heathens responsible for all the bad things in EVOL get a happy ending.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:51   Link #115
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

So they said they were gonna go for an ending that wouldn't leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths? Going by the discussions on this thread I would say they failed.

I can't really complain about Zessica getting the shaft, since it's been going on for a long time now.

Kagura, I know I've called you a walking plot device in the past, but now you rank up there with Shrade and Andy as the best dudes in this series.

Anyone else rooted for Mykage during the final battle, cause I know I was.

Yay, Crea did something. Flash steps FTW!

Fudo actually got off his ass and did something.

I really got nothing to say about Amata and Mikono. We knew that this is what they were going for from the jump. The useless pair. Funny Kagura went against destiny, like he was the hero of the show or something.

So does this end the cycle?

Production values were good, action was strong. Story showed potential at times but never capitalized on it, end result was blah. No needless deaths final episode though. No emotional attachment to the main couple. It felt like the writers didn't care about them enough to develop them properly so why should I care?
Old 2012-06-24, 15:53   Link #116
crayven

Quote:
Moving on is a normal thing.

I know it kinda crushes the otaku ideal of forever love, but I just want an happy Zessica, someone who won't end up as a lone angry woman with 54 cats.
She'll move on eventually, I think everyone would agree that's the best thing for her. What I wanted to discuss about is stuff that happened in the final episode specifically. Perhaps I should have worded it better.

The show has written her love for Amata to be so pure and deep it would make her getting over Amata in just one episode seem ridiculous. See how fast Kagura dropped his "obsession" over Mikono this ep and how that ruined his character. Not that he was anything more than a plot device anyway.

This has nothing to do with the "otaku ideal" of "true love". You don't build up a character's love for over half the show and then let him/her get over it in the first 10 minutes of the final episode. That's bad writing. If Zessica started to move on from ep 18/19 it would look more reasonable.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:56   Link #117
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well they tried and I give them credit for trying, but all in all they failed in this series. I personally thought that the original didn't need a squeal and this series proved this point.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:01   Link #118
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well they tried and I give them credit for trying, but all in all they failed in this series. I personally thought that the original didn't need a squeal and this series proved this point.
It's kinda reminiscent of Gundam Seed Destiny. So much promise, but in the end it was a let down
Old 2012-06-24, 16:05   Link #119
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post

Spoiler for group photo:

I could care less about all this reincarnation nonsense, what I really want to know is, is that girl on the left covering her face the one that always wears a bag over her head? Who is she? why were we not given an episode to explain her bag wearing over head backstory. So mysterious she is...
Old 2012-06-24, 16:09   Link #120
Destined_Fate

She was just a filler character to make the cast look larger. Her role was never important nor was her identity. Besides, they had more pressing matters to try and attend to. Such as Amata and Mikono that needed a lot of help yet never got it. Instead we just got a last episode that forced them together without resolving any of the issues in a satisfying manner.
Closed Thread