AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-04-28, 15:30   Link #41
Orochiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
That's why I have such a problem with BM being nerfed so badly. It wasn't even the whole SH crew... I get that Luffy shouldn't quite be considered an emperor yet and that the newspaper was kind of fake news lol. But considering BM lost at everything the arc involved to half Luffy's crew, I don't even have a problem officially calling him an emperor at this point. BM's crew lost miserably and in their own territory no less.
To be fair the only reason SH crew even had a chance in this arc was due to their allies (Pedro, Jinbe + his crew, Bege + his crew and even the Germa 66 in the end), of which the most crucial ones were already insiders of Big Mom's crew, giving them huge advantage.
Orochiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 20:44   Link #42
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Though yeah, if the suit is actually customized to fit Sanji's fighting style, that leaves a big gaping hole as well, doesn't it....? Unless Judge just made a more "generic" suit for him with no specific accommodations, perhaps (ie no extra leg enhancements)?
It could be an adaptable or 'learning' suit that fits the user's fighting style over a short period of adjustment time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
To be fair the only reason SH crew even had a chance in this arc was due to their allies (Pedro, Jinbe + his crew, Bege + his crew and even the Germa 66 in the end), of which the most crucial ones were already insiders of Big Mom's crew, giving them huge advantage.
Yea, but it still seems like not enough to me. After what the SHs went through on Dressrosa vs the Mingo crew, the BM pirates just feel like a let down. I'm looking forward to their return though.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 20:52   Link #43
BPD Renegade

Ha! I had a feeling Luffy missed a zero as soon as he said his bounty dropped. These after-arc chapters are always so good. Sanji should revel in his inflated bounty beating Zoro's for now, since Zoro will be on top again once the Wano arc ends.

Great seeing Coby. What a surprise that he was part of the Rocky Port incident, though I doubt we'll learn more about it until Law appears again since he was the instigator behind it. Is it confirmed that the Reverie arc is next? Or is this just an interlude before we're off to Wano? It seems like these two events are going to occur simultaneously, but Oda may just focus on Wano and off-screen most of Reverie and summarize what happens when the Wano arc is finished.

On another note, if Oda had spent less time stretching that dumb cake/arc, we could have had this chapter for 900. What a Chapter 900 that would have been.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 03:27   Link #44
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Well the objective was escape, not defeat.

I think the Kaido arc will bring us a better showing since Law wants to kill Kaido.
Old 2018-04-29, 05:45   Link #45
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Well the objective was escape, not defeat.

I think the Kaido arc will bring us a better showing since Law wants to kill Kaido.
True, the main objective is to rescue Sanji and escape as quickly as possible.

Still, this is interesting considering we need to know how Straw Hats and Heart Pirates are making a team to defeat Strongest of All Creature. But i'm sure if Kaido was defeated, Luffy will take his seat officially.

I still feel bad for Morgan though due he is now being hunted by Big Mom but glad the government got his back but he needs to be aware of assassins dispatched from Big Mom.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 06:30   Link #46
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
BB spotted right Luffy is not time yet for emperor seat.
I think it's pretty hypocritical of BB to say that, considering he got the seat for defeating Whitebeard, a man who was severely weakened, sick and old, and was pretty much 1 foot in the grave, and it took his whole crew to do that.

I wouldn't call it that he earned the spot. Now I know that BB is strong considering that he managed to damage Shanks, but how strong ? We don't know that. But the power he displayed when killing Whitebeard didn't convince me that he was Emperor ready, even after stealing his power.

Note that I'm not saying that Luffy is ready to defeat Emperors at this current state, but I just wanted to point out how Hypocritical BB was.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 06:41   Link #47
rladls2121

I wonder who will Usopp angers next?
And it has to be those beings that are not normal humans.
Arlong, and Donflamingo.
Enel was just annoyed, but Usopp just picked a fight with not so average one.
If Usopp angers Kaido way more than Luffy and Law does, then what would happen that time?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 07:39   Link #48
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I feel like this is a dumb question, but what exactly is the Reverie Arc?
Old 2018-04-29, 09:04   Link #49
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I think it's pretty hypocritical of BB to say that, considering he got the seat for defeating Whitebeard, a man who was severely weakened, sick and old, and was pretty much 1 foot in the grave, and it took his whole crew to do that.

I wouldn't call it that he earned the spot. Now I know that BB is strong considering that he managed to damage Shanks, but how strong ? We don't know that. But the power he displayed when killing Whitebeard didn't convince me that he was Emperor ready, even after stealing his power.

Note that I'm not saying that Luffy is ready to defeat Emperors at this current state, but I just wanted to point out how Hypocritical BB was.
His method may underhanded but in pirate term BlackBeard method is magnificent. He killed WB at right moment and plunder his power then seize the power after obtained absolute power. I think BB deserve yonko seat for this he get the seat because for his craft and cunningness.
Well, from beginning pirate never mean for noble things, its about bunch of people whom wreck the ships and plunders their goods and what BB did is what exactly a pirate did.

As for why Luffy is not ready yet, idk in Zehahaha opinion more likely arrogant reason but Luffy still too young for that. He is practically too young and still dont know sea yet entirely. Something WB and many legends often remarks, BB maybe greenhorn compared other three but compared to Luffy and other supernova he is vastly has experience and knowledge about sea than the rest. Of course that Luffy will developing himself to ready especially after Wano arc.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 11:00   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Great seeing Coby. What a surprise that he was part of the Rocky Port incident, though I doubt we'll learn more about it until Law appears again since he was the instigator behind it. Is it confirmed that the Reverie arc is next? Or is this just an interlude before we're off to Wano? It seems like these two events are going to occur simultaneously, but Oda may just focus on Wano and off-screen most of Reverie and summarize what happens when the Wano arc is finished.
There was a shounen jump page that announced the Reverie arc was next. I don't expect it to last very long though.
Old 2018-04-29, 13:11   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post

BB officially obtained emperor status after he defeated Marco and the remnants of the WB pirates in the payback war (which was during the 2 year time skip). By that point, he already had lots of time to become much stronger and master his DFs. And he wouldn't have been able to claim most of WB's old territories if he was noticeably weaker than his peers. So I don't see any hypocrisy here and would say that he did earn the spot. Even Shanks had the foresight to know he would steal WB's position in the future, which is indicative of BB's strength.
Old 2018-04-29, 13:27   Link #52
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There was a shounen jump page that announced the Reverie arc was next. I don't expect it to last very long though.
Ah, must have missed it. Thanks!
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 13:49   Link #53
marvelB

I see zero reason for Oda to skip or offscreen the Reverie now, not after hyping it throughout the last few arcs. Heck, we even had that chapter right before the BM arc where we saw all those monarchs setting off for the meeting, who weren't just familiar faces like Cobra, Wapol, and Neptune. There were also guys like that king with the clock beard (pretty interested in seeing more of that guy), and the newly appointed king of Goa (aka Luffy's homeland).... Sabo's adoptive brother, Stelly (who technically IS familiar, but not as a king). Still, it's uncertain if Germa will even be able to attend thanks to them getting entangled in the Big Mom business....

But going back to Stelly, I'm really hoping his involvement means that Oda will shed a bit more light on the previous king of Goa (whose face was curiously hidden during Luffy's flashback), and maybe give us a bit more background info on Dragon and Garp. Oda even said a while back that he wanted to focus more on those two (quoted from the SBS thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Quote:
Question: Which characters would you like to go into detail about if you had enough time?

Oda: Well, there is a helpful means named "cover story" in ONE PIECE for that purpose... Anyway, there remain some characters I want to go into detail. It would be interesting if I focus on Marines. I can come up with a magnificent story about Garp. I'd like to draw some relationship and talks between him and Akainu, Aokiji, Smoker, Hina, Coby who joined Marines one after another, Cypher Pol and Roger.

It would also be interesting if I focus on Revolutionary Army, mainly Dragon. Why do they intend to make a revolution? With what belief? How did they meet? The story about Luffy's birth would be interesting. Many of those stories would be serious.

All of the stories about their lives lead to Luffy!! OK!! I'll draw Luffy!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
^Yes, I think the Reverie would be a potentially good point to give us a more in-depth look into the Monkey D. lineage.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 20:04   Link #54
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Man what an awesome chapter and unexpected as I thought we had a break this week, I loved the title they gave Luffy was happy with the bounty on his head HA At people who thought they'd wait till after Wano to give him that one. The reactions, always love them though I was hoping to see Luffy's future wife Princess Snake, maybe next chapter.

Edit;

Forgot to say, loved Sanji getting a higher bounty than Zoro's for once, when they reunite Zoro's reaction will be priceless. I may not have been a fan of his character this arc but that makes me happy and I really want him to rub it in Zoro's face LOL.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 22:24   Link #55
Tuor

I agree with those who have said that Luffy isn't up to Emperor level yet. But Shanks, who knows Luffy, is an Emperor, and has a pretty level head on his shoulders, said that it was *almost* time for him to meet Luffy. I took that to mean that Shanks thinks Luffy is nearing Emperor level now.

As for Morgans, he's obviously trying to set up a spectacle that he can exploit, and he's using Luffy in order to do it (not that Luffy cares). Basically, his main goal is to stir things up, and when you add that to Luffy's natural ability to stir things up without any help, this should lead to some interesting (and chaotic) developments. The Reverie should be pretty interesting.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 15:29   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
I agree with those who have said that Luffy isn't up to Emperor level yet. But Shanks, who knows Luffy, is an Emperor, and has a pretty level head on his shoulders, said that it was *almost* time for him to meet Luffy. I took that to mean that Shanks thinks Luffy is nearing Emperor level now.
Well it's safe to say that Luffy is no longer a pushover for anyone at this point. He does still have a ways to go before reaching the very top, but no one can take him lightly anymore. He's got his eyes set on the admirals and yonkou next.
Old 2018-05-02, 05:13   Link #57
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 903
That was good nice chapter. Amazing what happens when you wait the translation for the stuff rushed and the later ones are totally different in meaning and words. Has for Sanji's bounty its nice that he got one but its more of a running joke then a real bounty. Even Nami was going to say something about it before Luffy interrupted. Has for Koby its nice to see someone carrying on Garps Legacy. I think Koby is stronger then Majority of Vice Admirals including Vice Admiral Smoker. I think Koby can beat someone like Cracker with his abilities right now. Has for Helmeppo he is doing great and nice character development for both. Koby is ready for his moment.

Fifth Emperor? Was Morgan right to do that?
Morgan made a bold statement and i think he was right to do that. Black Beard was never ready and he made the Yonkou title. He is a hypocrite for saying that. Here why.

First off Dog tooth and Marco are in the same rank. If Big Mama fell who do you think would lead the Big Mama crew or whats left of it? Dog tooth.

Second Black Beard never defeated White Beard(It was the Marines), and he was recognized has a Yonkou after he defeated Marco(the newly appointed captain of the white beard Crew). Luffy defeated Dog tooth, cracker, and big mama was alive for it. That is 2/3 of the Sweet commander in the heart of a Yonkou territory. That is pretty bold if I do say so myself.

Lets put this in another perspective, could you imagine if Black Beard went into White Beard territory (when he is still alive),defeated Marco and Jozu, and thumbed his nose at White Beard himself and escaped? What would you guys think?

Reverie
Luffy is worth 1.5 billion and he got it by defeating two big bounties and thumbed his nose has a Yonkou who has not been challenged in decades. The ranks of those that will challenge Luffy have gotten smaller. More importantly other Yonkous will start feeling Luffy's accomplishments. Many new pirates are going to start following Luffy's example whether they succeed or not. The Reverie are going to recognize this has a second coming of a Pirate King and they will be split down the middle on how do deal with it. Why? Because their order(marines,Celetial Dragons, Shicbukai, and Yonkou) is falling apart before their eyes. All pirates(including Yonkous) better be careful because what comes out of this reverie will be an enemy. I predict the Shichibukai system will be dismantled. If Kaidou falls to Luffy the reverie will be pointless. Why? Because chaos will begin if it hasn't started already after the Reverie ends.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 07:55   Link #58
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Fifth Emperor? Was Morgan right to do that?
Morgan made a bold statement and i think he was right to do that. Black Beard was never ready and he made the Yonkou title. He is a hypocrite for saying that. Here why.

First off Dog tooth and Marco are in the same rank. If Big Mama fell who do you think would lead the Big Mama crew or whats left of it? Dog tooth.

Second Black Beard never defeated White Beard(It was the Marines), and he was recognized has a Yonkou after he defeated Marco(the newly appointed captain of the white beard Crew). Luffy defeated Dog tooth, cracker, and big mama was alive for it. That is 2/3 of the Sweet commander in the heart of a Yonkou territory. That is pretty bold if I do say so myself.

Lets put this in another perspective, could you imagine if Black Beard went into White Beard territory (when he is still alive),defeated Marco and Jozu, and thumbed his nose at White Beard himself and escaped? What would you guys think?
Nope, you've got the facts wrong. The BB pirates defeated the remnants of the WB pirates. That is a whole different matter than defeating a mere few people. Secondly, BB conquered all of WB's old territories. It was these things that led to the world recognizing Teach as an emperor.

Realistically, Luffy is still lacking the strength and territory to truly be comparable to his peers (the other emperors). What's happened here is his reputation has been bolstered due to exaggerated and misleading news. And that's part of the humour in this chapter. Nonetheless, it shouldn't be too long before Luffy legitimately claims the spot. Shanks himself even said their meeting is coming soon.
Old 2018-05-02, 11:18   Link #59
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Chapter 820 page 12-14 goes against your response. I got nothing against black beard but his path to Yonkou has not been perfect. His path in many ways is similar to Luffy's path in the sense that its not going to be problem free. Black Beard would have never survived if shanks never stopped the war, Shiru saved Black Beard crew from Impel down, and Marco and the remaining white beard crew defeated in the pay back war for two reasons. One white beard died leaving Marco the strongest and Black Beard was stronger then any of the white Beard crew member. Black Beard has no room to speak.

Strength
If Defeat of Dog tooth, cracker, 1.5 billion bounty, Jinbi joining the crew, Zoro, and large group of followers from Big mama and dressrosa crew arch is not a sign of strength then I don't know what is. Kaidou is the next target what will you say if Luffy pulls it off?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2018-05-02 at 11:36.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 12:19   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
Chapter 820 page 12-14 goes against your response.

Strength
If Defeat of Dog tooth, cracker, 1.5 billion bounty, Jinbi joining the crew, Zoro, and large group of followers from Big mama and dressrosa crew arch is not a sign of strength then I don't know what is. Kaidou is the next target what will you say if Luffy pulls it off?
No it doesn't. It says that Teach was acknowledged as an emperor after the BB pirates emerged victorious in the payback war. It doesn't mention anything about territory, fair enough. But maybe by that point he had already acquired some of WB's former territories? Who knows.

I'm not discrediting any of Luffy's accomplishments. I'm talking about Luffy's power and influence right now in the story. I already said it shouldn't be too long before Luffy legitimately obtains emperor status. He is just simply not on the level of the other emperors as of this moment.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2018-05-02 at 13:09.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote