AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-02, 02:15   Link #41
xizro345
King's Justice

Well, it was certainly a better first episode than DokiDoki.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 05:08   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Pretty energetic first episode.
Oh, and the ED's CG is fantastic.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 08:15   Link #43
FireChick

Out of impulse, I finally got to watch the first episode.

Pros:
-God, I'm SO glad they didn't play up Hime's brattiness. It came off more like venting than being a brat, which, for a girl in her position, I can totally understand. I have those days too, and I tend to act like that too.
-I'm quite pleasantly surprised by Cure Fortune's attitude. But I find it refreshing, as it might create some well needed tension when she actually joins the group.
-Is it just me, or does the Phantom Empire look like Candyland?
-I love how genre savvy everybody is and the fact that even normal people know about Pretty Cure now.
-Megumi seems like a sweet character. I'd like to see more of her.
-The voice acting is quite subdued so far. Other than Hime, nobody sounds squeaky or overly moe.
-The transformation scenes are very gorgeous and well animated!
-I LOVE Glasan so far! Her voice sounds cool!

Cons:
-The art style looks really cloudy and cartoony, and the exaggerated facial expressions don't seem to sit well with me for some reason. It worked in Heartcatch though. Maybe it'll grow on me.
-Some of the character designs bother me too. Why does Queen Mirage look like a combination of Regina and a bug type Pokemon? And why does her outfit look really round and childish? For a queen, you'd think she'd look more regal and elegant and threatening a la Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.
-Ribbon is kind of annoying so far. But to be fair, I like how she's a bit more competent than Hime.
-The mascots SNEEZE in order for the PreCards to come out? That's new. But why does the whole process look a LOT like the Heart Seed making from Heartcatch? I know they share the same director and all, but can't you come up with your own ideas instead of ripping off from other parts of the franchise?
-I didn't like the whole "Master" thing with Megumi and Hime. Better yet, I don't like how some of the conversations were handled. They don't seem like things real kids their age would talk about. Splash Star handled that aspect great.

But it IS the first episode, so I'll watch more to see what it's like. So far, it's plain, but good.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 20:07   Link #44
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, after watching ep 1 I gotta admit that I enjoyed it more than i thought I would.

Classic mahou shoujo... and I almost always enjoy mahou shoujo stories.

Interested to see where things go from here.... Gotta love the bad guys being called "terribads" this time around.

The transformation sequences were flashy as always and well done. ^^
Old 2014-02-02, 22:20   Link #45
Sol Falling

Man, it's been too long since I've watched a Precure episode. That was really enjoyable; I can't tell if it's just first episode syndrome though and I might get burnt out like I did with DokiDoki. I hope that Hime's plot importance prevents her from getting pushed too far out of the way by Megumi in terms of spotlight; with all the moralizing these shows do about things like teamwork and the power of friendship, it always bothers me when the shows portray one character as more "special" than the others.

Also man, it's been like months since I've watched a show that doesn't have official simulcasts and requires actually downloading fansubs, lol. Feels kinda weird. We'll see if I get back into the habit with this season, I guess.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 01:17   Link #46
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Interested to see where things go from here.... Gotta love the bad guys being called "terribads" this time around.
That's more a strange fansubber choice when they could of easily just called them "The Worst", Saiaaku, or even the Saiark romanizations.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 01:19   Link #47
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
That's more a strange fansubber choice when they could of easily just called them "The Worst", Saiaaku, or even the Saiark romanizations.
Yeah, but I still giggled at the choice of words. I felt it was perfect for this style of mahou shoujo series.
Old 2014-02-03, 04:14   Link #48
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I like how the show is going a little more into Heartcatch territory.

We have some awesome faces and I always like it when Cures have more energy attacks available aside thier "finishing moves".

Interesting to see Cures as something that is part of the daily lifes of people.
Also: Himelda Window Cure Queen of the Blue Sky... k xD
Old 2014-02-03, 09:08   Link #49
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Man, it's been too long since I've watched a Precure episode. That was really enjoyable; I can't tell if it's just first episode syndrome though and I might get burnt out like I did with DokiDoki. I hope that Hime's plot importance prevents her from getting pushed too far out of the way by Megumi in terms of spotlight; with all the moralizing these shows do about things like teamwork and the power of friendship, it always bothers me when the shows portray one character as more "special" than the others.
I hated that about Doki Doki... all of the focus on Mana, it was too much for my tastes (it's not that bad of a case compared to other anime either, but I still didn't like that aspect of Doki Doki).

I liked the first episode, but I do not like Megumi very much... she's such a generic lead, there's literally nothing about her that stands out from any other PreCure leader to me. So I'm especially hoping she doesn't steal the spotlight like how Mana did. Hime is okay, her name is weird though... not a huge fan of Cure Fortune's character though, and I don't like Yuuko's design and she seems rather boring to me so I'm not really impressed by the characters so far, I'll give it more time. So far I'm more impressed by the villains' designs... mainly Queen Mirage and her female subordinate who's name I don't know. Oh, I also like Ribbon... I like her voice.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 09:53   Link #50
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Dear Toei: I think you got some Kamen Rider Decade in my Heartcatch Precure

Overall good first episode, even withe homages/ direct rips from Heartcatch. Also, isn't this the first time Precure as done form changes ala Kamen Rider? I would love to see what other capabilities the other forms have. Seem very similar to the abilities the heart seeds the fairies pooped up in HCP but are very Decade/Ryuki-ish in the fact they are trading cards. So glad they don't use them for actual attacks as well as transformation; that'd be tedious (like spinning the thingomajig on their wrist doodlydoo isn't tedious enough).

Also. Fortune's attack is so this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTq1bEqNk_Q
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 17:40   Link #51
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

I got one thing to say... SUGOI!
I love Happiness Charge now, so mix up both of Heartcatch and Dokidoki.
It is so nice to see Cureblack again to speak before start of the show.
Old 2014-02-03, 20:20   Link #52
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDCOne View Post
I got one thing to say... SUGOI!
I love Happiness Charge now, so mix up both of Heartcatch and Dokidoki.
It is so nice to see Cureblack again to speak before start of the show.
Speaking of which, the Cure introductions are going to take like 33 episodes if they do one an episode. My god.

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2014-02-03 at 23:45.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 19:03   Link #53
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
At least the transformation is nice
Spoiler for Transformation:
I think this is the first time in quite some time that I've replayed watching those sequences. It's a definite step up from Doki Doki.
Old 2014-02-09, 01:50   Link #54
elior

Spoiler for episode 2:
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 09:04   Link #55
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Well, let's say i'm not disappointed, since I didn't expect much from this new show.

It basically Heartcatch with so-so art.
Heck, the chara-design is so much alike that it's just meh...

Also : Why does the purple one always have to be so bitchy in the beginning...

Think I'll drop this season.
It's been 10 years, I got bored.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 11:43   Link #56
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Also : Why does the purple one always have to be so bitchy in the beginning..
I hate that too, I always like the purple cures' designs but their attitudes are always so unpleasant and hard for me to relate to. I'd like to have a purple cure who varies more and (if she fills the role of the more experienced cure... which has always been the case so far) be a kind nurturing mentor sort of character... or just make her like your typical pink, blue, or yellow cure... there just seems to be a very strict model that purple cures follow that white, yellow, blue, red, green, and even pink don't as far as their attitudes go. I dunno, maybe Cure Fortune will grow on me, but I doubt it... her character seems very strict and rough around the edges which honestly isn't my taste.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 15:29   Link #57
FireChick

Got to see episode 2!

Pros:
1. I'm liking Hime more and more, surprisingly.
2. Wow! They actually DON'T defeat the Saiark right off? They run away from it and come back to fight it later on?! Wow! I never saw this coming! But I'm glad Megumi didn't forget about Mao and called Hime out on it.
3. Snow White and Seven Dwarfs reference! I'm interested to know more about Dream Mirror.
4. The fight scenes looked cool!

Cons:
1. I don't know about you, but all the excessive talk about love and happiness is making me just a bit nauseous.
2. I saw some distorted faces after the girls finished their title drop in their catchphrase.
3. Ribbon's constant "Desu wa"-ing is annoying, and her voice isn't helping matters.

A good episode, better than the first one! I especially can't wait for next week's episode!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 05:01   Link #58
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Dat Cure Dream! <3

I agree, it felt better then the first one.
Our sub-villian doesn't seem very serious about his job, doesn't he?
Battle was good. Having one Cure actually holding the "Terribad" with an attack while the other charges her finisher was nice.
Old 2014-02-10, 05:09   Link #59
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Got to see episode 2!

Pros:
1. I'm liking Hime more and more, surprisingly.
2. Wow! They actually DON'T defeat the Saiark right off? They run away from it and come back to fight it later on?! Wow! I never saw this coming! But I'm glad Megumi didn't forget about Mao and called Hime out on it.
3. Snow White and Seven Dwarfs reference! I'm interested to know more about Dream Mirror.
4. The fight scenes looked cool!

Cons:
1. I don't know about you, but all the excessive talk about love and happiness is making me just a bit nauseous.
2. I saw some distorted faces after the girls finished their title drop in their catchphrase.
3. Ribbon's constant "Desu wa"-ing is annoying, and her voice isn't helping matters.

A good episode, better than the first one! I especially can't wait for next week's episode!
Awww... I liked all the talk about love and happiness! xD

I must admit though, that I also liked the 'ole strategic withdrawl thing and the way they used teamwork to defeat the terribad. ^^

I am wondering when number three will pop up though. Fortune will (eventually) prolly join Lovely and Hime, but I am curious about the final member.... Hmm.
Old 2014-02-10, 06:17   Link #60
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Awww... I liked all the talk about love and happiness! xD

I must admit though, that I also liked the 'ole strategic withdrawl thing and the way they used teamwork to defeat the terribad. ^^

I am wondering when number three will pop up though. Fortune will (eventually) prolly join Lovely and Hime, but I am curious about the final member.... Hmm.
i don't know if you seen they was revealed who will be the final member before the season started
elior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, magical girl