AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-06-04, 14:55   Link #241
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
What happened to Chapters 42 and 43? But yeah, thanks for that either way.
To my knowledge, there are only raws of those two at the moment.

That said. Damn, 44 is looking to be a good read.
Old 2017-06-09, 16:39   Link #242
konart

Chapter 42 is out (translated).

I wonder who Subaru was talking about? (Benio? *her brother obviously)

Last edited by konart; 2017-06-09 at 17:02.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 09:36   Link #243
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The person she wants Mayura to beat? Yeah, could be Benio's brother. But beating him should be up to the Twin Stars, shouldn't it? Mayura could help out, I guess.

Either way, yeah, Subaru training Mayura sounds great. I want it to happen, too, so that Mayura can get even stronger like Subaru said she can.

I wonder what the deal with that profit guy and Rokurou's upcoming opponent is? And why does he mean by "make him get serious"? That guy never gets serious?

By the way, who else is hoping for Benio's breasts to get bigger somehow (I just hope Rokurou would still like her (more, if possible) even despite that)? Every time I see Mayura with her big boobs, I always get reminded of how Benio's aren't big.
Old 2017-06-10, 09:56   Link #244
Kazu-kun

I doubt Benio can't do anything against her brother. She's not strong enough. She would probably get her ass handed to her even with her guarding released.

Not that it mattes since she's not coming back any time soon.
Old 2017-06-10, 12:22   Link #245
DragonOsman
Dragon King

She'll have to come back at some point before they go to fight him. [And I'm sorry for being a Grammar Nazi again, but saying, "I doubt Benio can't do anything..." is contradictory. You should be able to see why if you read again what you said. You're basically saying you think she can do something against him with the way you worded it.]

And Benio's probably going to get a power-up since she's going to meet the strongest Basara and probably get its power (the same way she got her legs powered up - forgot what the process is called) and/or train under it (if that can be done for an exorcist). If you think she'll remain a weakling after that, well....

Anyway, I'm looking forward to how Mayura will be with Subaru's training. Subaru said she can get a lot stronger, so I can't wait to see it.

But I also want Rokurou to get some power-ups. Higher number of chained Enchanted Gear equips would be a good start, as well as a really strong shikigami (hopefully the one he made is it - though it'd be a waste if it's too powerful for him to control (he was warned about that, too)). I wish someone would take him in for training, though. He also needs it, especially so he can get stronger even without the power of his right arm but also overall. Would be nice if a really strong Heavenly Emperor (is that what they're called?) took him in.
Old 2017-06-10, 14:42   Link #246
Kazu-kun

You're going overboard over a typo.

Anyway, I'm sure Benio's gonna show up at some point, yeah. Probably at the very end. Someone has to give birth to Rokuro's babies after all.
Old 2017-06-10, 15:47   Link #247
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Uh, no, she has to be there for the fight too because Rokurou needs her and she needs him (for the Twin Star Exorcist team attacks, of course). If she becomes strong enough, she'll make him that much stronger when they're together.

And I'm sorry, but no, a typo that makes your sentence sound like the opposite of what you intended isn't just a small typo.
Old 2017-06-10, 16:28   Link #248
Kazu-kun

Benio's never gonna be strong enough to make an effective team with Rokuro. All she ever did to help him was provide resonance. She failed at everything else she tried to do.

The title Twin Start Exorcists lost its meaning a long time ago. Almost a year has passed in real time since Benio was put on a bus. This is just Rokuro's story now.
Old 2017-06-10, 17:08   Link #249
James Rye

I fear that Benio will fall behind further and further and that she similar to her brother will give in into dark whispers of powers beyond her and everyone's imagination. We do see to have a theme here with Rokuro being white Ying and Benio being black Yang. Their child easily would be the strongest human ever with those powers combined but who knows what else could happen till then.
Old 2017-06-10, 17:37   Link #250
Kazu-kun

That's another possibility. If Benio does get power from the strongest Basara, she might get possessed by the power and come back at the end as an enemy.

Then Rokuro would beat her ass, snap her out, and later impregnate her. Happy Ending.
Old 2017-06-10, 20:01   Link #251
OmegaWeaponZ

^ Bias much? Its not uncommon for a story that has multiple protags to focus on one for a period of time, whats more, the basara's powers aren't inherently bad, just the opposite of what exorcists use, so its not set in stone that she would return as a villain (not that her powers corrupting her wouldn't be a part of her development, considering that its the opposite of what she was taught while growing up). Remember her guardian is said to be the equal of Seimei, with the only reason Kuzunoha vanquished her was due to a combination of Benio's inexperience using it, and the ability which Kuzunoha possess(removing unworthy guardians)

There's definitely proof that's she going to return before the half way point, considering where the story is at currently. Whats more, not only that her brother doesn't give of the last boss vibe (that belongs to the king of corruption, or even Seimei herself), there is still the treat of the majority of the basara.
Old 2017-06-10, 20:18   Link #252
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Exactly what I think, except for the part about Abe no Seimei possibly being the last boss. I mean, she's the one they're trying to save, right? And she's apparently Rokuro's mother. Why would she be the last boss? They main point is to end the 1,000 year war by defeating the King of Impurities and saving Abe no Seimei. It makes more sense for the King of Impurities to be the last boss in that case.

And also, when I mentioned Rokuro and Benio forming a team, I was referring mainly to Resonance itself in case no one noticed. If Benio's upcoming power-up makes the Resonance stronger as well, with Rokuro's power-ups also factored in, that's even better.
Old 2017-06-10, 20:30   Link #253
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Its not uncommon for a story that has multiple protags to focus on one for a period of time, whats more, the basara's powers aren't inherently bad, just the opposite of what exorcists use, so its not set in stone that she would return as a villain
Did I say it was set in stone? No, I said it is a possibility. And it is, whether you like it or not. Also, Rokuro's the only protagonist in this story. Benio wasn't a protagonist even when she was still in the story. She was a supporting character to Rokuro. The story never really focused on her the way it focuses on him.

Quote:
Remember her guardian is said to be the equal of Seimei
No, no one ever said her guardian is that powerful in the manga. And Seimei has no equal anyway. Seimei never lost to his rivals in any of the tales about him.

Quote:
with the only reason Kuzunoha vanquished her was due to a combination of Benio's inexperience using it, and the ability which Kuzunoha possess(removing unworthy guardians)
That's a theory. We don't know what happened.

Quote:
There's definitely proof that's she going to return before the half way point
No, that doesn't prove anything. We don't know when she's gonna come back. You have your theory, I have mine. And I think she's gonna come back at the very end, after Rokuro beats her brother. She's not gonna fight him imo. And if she does show up before that point, it's gonna be at the end of the fight to provide resonance for Rokuro's finishing attack, just like she did when he was fighting Hijirimaru. Providing resonance is about the only think Benio is useful for. Alternatively, she'll come back as an antagonist, also after Rokuro beats her brother.
Old 2017-06-10, 21:46   Link #254
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Why would she be the last boss? They main point is to end the 1,000 year war by defeating the King of Impurities and saving Abe no Seimei. It makes more sense for the King of Impurities to be the last boss in that case.
I say that because of how much importance the concept of yin and yang, and balance plays in the story. If they do defeat the king and she is freed, it feels to me that there would be too much of an imbalance created thereafter. Well, this is pretty much a wild theory on my part, hence the need for placing them in parenthesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Did I say it was set in stone? No, I said it is a possibility. And it is, whether you like it or not. Also, Rokuro's the only protagonist in this story. Benio wasn't a protagonist even when she was still in the story. She was a supporting character to Rokuro. The story never really focused on her the way it focuses on him.
My apologies, should have properly worded that part to indicate that was a response to the post before yours. That said, I can can never agree less in you stance that Benio is not a protagonist. Every plot/event that has taken place from the start had both of them taking the center stage(well, obviously except this current plot). At the very least, she would be the deurtagonist (with Mayura being trieragonist). Also, if Rokuro really was the sole focus of the manga, I'm pretty sure that the name of this series would be something much different.

Quote:
No, no one ever said her guardian is that powerful in the manga. And Seimei has no equal anyway. Seimei never lost to his rivals in any of the tales about him.
Indeed, it wasn't out right said so in the manga, but, what was implied was that she was off comparable strength, considering, like i mentioned before, the way in which the concept of yin and yang are used in this manga, combined with the fact that it was mentioned that Basara get stronger with time, which should be centuries by the time of the story.

Quote:
That's a theory. We don't know what happened.
True, but considering what was presented to us thus far, that is the most likeliest of scenarios, no?

Quote:
No, that doesn't prove anything. We don't know when she's gonna come back. You have your theory, I have mine. And I think she's gonna come back at the very end, after Rokuro beats her brother. She's not gonna fight him imo. And if she does show up before that point, it's gonna be at the end of the fight to provide resonance for Rokuro's finishing attack, just like she did when he was fighting Hijirimaru. Providing resonance is about the only think Benio is useful for. Alternatively, she'll come back as an antagonist, also after Rokuro beats her brother.
Two things I would like to point out. Firstly, while Rokuro's growth dealt mostly with him overcoming past trauma and accepting himself, thus finding the strength to persevere, Benio's has been about accepting her powerlessness and trying to move on, hence her constantly being remind of how weak she is. Those in turn, again, add to the them of yin and yang, since Rokuro's growth has been used a device to make him seek a more noble method of gaining strength (becoming a stronger exorcist), while, as seen of her last appearance, Benio's seems to going for the opposite.

Secondly, recall that the fight against Benio's brother was dubbed by the narrator as "the first fight of my parent, the twin star exorcists" (pardon if I'm not correctly quoting what was said), since then, the only other fight was against the two Basara that came to the mainland. Now, considering that amount of enemies remaining, and who the most likely suspects for the last boss appear to be, I doubt that those two events (Yuto and the two basara fights) would be the only fight of his/her parents that he will retell, otherwise, that would make them a poor narrator (and the strength of the story in the manga would fall even more )

But ultimately, you are right in these are purely my theories, just as you have stated your own, so I guess we can agree to disagree, no?
Old 2017-06-10, 22:35   Link #255
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
My apologies, should have properly worded that part to indicate that was a response to the post before yours. That said, I can can never agree less in you stance that Benio is not a protagonist. Every plot/event that has taken place from the start had both of them taking the center stage(well, obviously except this current plot). At the very least, she would be the deurtagonist (with Mayura being trieragonist). Also, if Rokuro really was the sole focus of the manga, I'm pretty sure that the name of this series would be something much different.
I actually think Mayura gets more focus than Benio. Benio has plenty of issues the story could have focused on and developed her, but she has been neglected. So as far as I'm concerned, she's not even a deuteragonist. She's just a supporting character and the main love interest imo.

Quote:
Indeed, it wasn't out right said so in the manga, but, what was implied was that she was off comparable strength, considering, like i mentioned before, the way in which the concept of yin and yang are used in this manga, combined with the fact that it was mentioned that Basara get stronger with time, which should be centuries by the time of the story.
The yin and yan is about the nature of their powers, not the among of power. They're clearly not at the same level.

Quote:
True, but considering what was presented to us thus far, that is the most likeliest of scenarios, no?
Maybe her guarding was just too weak. She could barely fight Higano even with her guardian released. And Sayo's guardian is much stronger, even if she can't use it to fight.

Quote:
Two things I would like to point out. Firstly, while Rokuro's growth dealt mostly with him overcoming past trauma and accepting himself, thus finding the strength to persevere, Benio's has been about accepting her powerlessness and trying to move on, hence her constantly being remind of how weak she is. Those in turn, again, add to the them of yin and yang, since Rokuro's growth has been used a device to make him seek a more noble method of gaining strength (becoming a stronger exorcist), while, as seen of her last appearance, Benio's seems to going for the opposite.
Which makes her comeback as an antagonist the more likely.

Quote:
But ultimately, you are right in these are purely my theories, just as you have stated your own, so I guess we can agree to disagree, no?
Sure. We'll know who got it right soon enough anyway.
Old 2017-06-11, 05:28   Link #256
Windsgrace

Quote:
^Exactly what I think, except for the part about Abe no Seimei possibly being the last boss. I mean, she's the one they're trying to save, right? And she's apparently Rokuro's mother. Why would she be the last boss? They main point is to end the 1,000 year war by defeating the King of Impurities and saving Abe no Seimei. It makes more sense for the King of Impurities to be the last boss in that case.
Some how I feel its more like the "miko" will be Abe no Seimei with some of the powers from the king of impurities after being reincarnated as Rokuro and Benio's child.
The way I see it is

(After Yukio is defeated near the mid to end) Roukou will snatch his mother away from the King of Impurities. After sealing the King for so long she is "contaminated" and gains some of the powers from the king. (She should be long dead anyways) Her power goes out of control she soon dies. (Its unstable) Rokoru and Benio absorb that power. Rokuro gains a power up as an exorcist when Benio gains some of the King of Impurities power. after absorbing some of Abe no Seimei unstable power. ____happens (drama) then 10 years later a child is born (the Miko) Both Benio and Rokuro grew stronger through out the years and stabilized the power they previously gained. Both are now formidable. The child is born. Soon after being born the Miko (Abe no Seimei) reabsorbs the previously unstable power from her parents. The miko now has an insane amount of power. After being taught by her parents she is lead on a crusade to not just seal the King of Impurities but kill him. The end.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Windsgrace; 2017-06-11 at 05:41.
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 06:45   Link #257
OmegaWeaponZ

Call me crazy, but I actually like that Rokuro is Abe no Seimei' son, effectively being the child of the 'chosen one' that is usually the main character of a series, so its an unusual take on the concept. It would be interesting if the Twin Stars were to end the whole situation by themselves. Honestly speaking though, I think the whole concept of he twin stars seems to be a fallacy that is merely used to give hope to the exorcists that the battle with the impurities will end one day. If you consider this act of trickery/manipulation, Yuto may not be the only non impurity enemy that may appear in the future (more so if you consider the politics that take place on the island).
Old 2017-06-11, 14:02   Link #258
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Benio's never gonna be strong enough to make an effective team with Rokuro. All she ever did to help him was provide resonance. She failed at everything else she tried to do.

The title Twin Start Exorcists lost its meaning a long time ago. Almost a year has passed in real time since Benio was put on a bus. This is just Rokuro's story now.
This is a shounen manga, jeez. She will be strong enough when it's needed.

>All she ever did to help him was provide resonance.

Before this she was doing pretty much all the work though, Rokuro couldn't do anything that was beyond typically stupid "okay, demon-hand mode on, I'm gonna beat the shit out of the X bastard". Which is also pretty common in that type of story.

Some time from now she will just appear in her semen-demon form to save the day and have a kiss with her hubby.
Old 2017-06-11, 14:53   Link #259
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
This is a shounen manga, jeez. She will be strong enough when it's needed.
It was always needed, but she never had that power.

Quote:
Before this she was doing pretty much all the work though
Resonance aside, she's been useless since they started to fight high level enemies. She was useless against her brother, even after her power up. She was defeated in one hit by Higano (one fucking hit), and when she released her guardian a draw was pretty much the best she could manage against him.
Old 2017-06-11, 15:05   Link #260
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@konart: Yep.

And Kazu-kun, Benio is supposed to be better than Rokuro as an exorcist as well, even able to do a greater number of chained Enchanted Gear equips than him which does make her better than him because this is one of they ways that they gauge the skill level of an exorcist. She can chain equip seven or so. His is way less than that. Heck, even Mayura can do more than him and hers is only three. If you want to ignore all of this just to make Benio out to be a weakling, be my guest, but I for one could never do that.

The problem is that most of the opponents Benio has to fight now are much stronger. She herself isn't the one who's weak. But she'll get stronger starting now. And no, just because she and Rokuro have a Yin and Yang theme going on doesn't mean she's mean to be an antagonist all of a sudden.

And yeah, I also think that the war needs to be taken care of in the current generation. The Miko will probably have other enemies to beat.

Edit: One post late.
@Kazu-kun: She never had the power until now, but she can still get it. And I think she will.

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen