AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-04-20, 09:36   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Victory Belles (Kickstarter)

Kickstarter page with more info and actual promotional vid.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

As can be seen, this is the latest attempt at cashing in on the Kancolle craze, though I'm not say that derisively.

I am liking how they're trying to get native voice actresses for each country, so each 'Belle' speaks their own language. I am hoping that the actual gameplay itself will try to distinguish itself more from Kancolle, as of now it doesn't really look any different, despite the claims on the project page.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 11:42   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I'm impressed that the studio is using native speakers for each of the countries.
Old 2016-04-20, 13:02   Link #3
BlackChickenStudios

LoweGear;

Thanks for posting this, we really appreciate it!

We prefer to think that we aren't cashing in- instead, we are bringing a much-needed genre to the West. But that may just be us.

For Combat, it's pretty different- since everything is based on the actual physics, you'll find that the composition of your fleet is more important. Racing Destroyers under the long guns of Battleships to get into range of torpedoes can be...disastrous. Armor is critical, because you really, really, really want critical hits. Flooding, fires, turret hits- all make big differences.

The Team is planning to up a campaign update which will be of interest to you, too, I think- shows how you plan your movements, and the importance of carrier operations (or land-based help, if you have it!)

Thanks again for posting, and feel free to ask any questions on the KS page, or here!
BlackChickenStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 17:42   Link #4
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
So, a Kancolle-inspired game with at least a touch of World of Warships-inspired realism? Interesting on general principles; sufficiently so to merit continued observation.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 17:48   Link #5
BlackChickenStudios

@Firefly;

And with a WW2 rpg component, too. Hope to see you in the campaign.
Old 2016-04-20, 19:59   Link #6
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackChickenStudios View Post
LoweGear;

Thanks for posting this, we really appreciate it!

We prefer to think that we aren't cashing in- instead, we are bringing a much-needed genre to the West. But that may just be us.

For Combat, it's pretty different- since everything is based on the actual physics, you'll find that the composition of your fleet is more important. Racing Destroyers under the long guns of Battleships to get into range of torpedoes can be...disastrous. Armor is critical, because you really, really, really want critical hits. Flooding, fires, turret hits- all make big differences.

The Team is planning to up a campaign update which will be of interest to you, too, I think- shows how you plan your movements, and the importance of carrier operations (or land-based help, if you have it!)

Thanks again for posting, and feel free to ask any questions on the KS page, or here!
It seems there's a lot of factors that are going to be put into combat, but how much choice will we actually have in controlling our turns? Is it like Kancolle in that once the battle starts everything just goes auto and ends when the battle is over, or will we have the ability to, for example, target specific enemy ships, determine movement and positioning turn-by-turn, etc...?

I really love the concept behind Kancolle (and Victory Belles!), but in terms of gameplay it doesn't interest me much because there's little to no control I can have during the battles.
Old 2016-04-20, 20:40   Link #7
BlackChickenStudios

Asuras;

The strategy takes place before combat- like Kancolle, the Belles fight by themselves. We are thinking about allowing some interaction- we haven't talked about Flag Commands in the Kickstarter yet, but we might allow Player control there. We might also allow for some interaction in Damage Control.

Still, hope you'll join the campaign!
Old 2016-04-20, 20:42   Link #8
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackChickenStudios View Post
Asuras;

The strategy takes place before combat- like Kancolle, the Belles fight by themselves. We are thinking about allowing some interaction- we haven't talked about Flag Commands in the Kickstarter yet, but we might allow Player control there. We might also allow for some interaction in Damage Control.

Still, hope you'll join the campaign!
Will there at least be more options to select before the battle? (´• ω •`)
Old 2016-04-20, 20:49   Link #9
BlackChickenStudios

Asuras;

On that score, the answer is definitively a yes.

First, regarding your fleet, you'll want to think about your Belles in a different way than Kancolle, so the strategy there is different.

Next, in the campaigns, you can choose how to approach your enemy- especially in terms of early (and continuous) carrier strikes and land-based support.

Finally, your flagship has a set of formations/commands she can use (you can choose these), and they can make a big difference in the battle.

Quite different from 'Line Ahead' formation.

And, here's a Belles tumblr, for fun:

http://victorybelles.tumblr.com/

Aaaaand, Update 1 on Naval Operations for your reading pleasure:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1553070

Last edited by Kotohono; 2016-04-21 at 01:34. Reason: multiple posts
Old 2016-04-21, 04:38   Link #10
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Looks interesting. I might just drop a few dollars on this.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 07:10   Link #11
BlackChickenStudios

Hope to see you in the KS Campaign, @Wild Goose!
Old 2016-04-21, 20:18   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't know, the distinct lack of representation for the grand Canadian navy has me on the fence .

Does seem like a fun setup though. Not a bad idea to get this kind of game out in the west and see what happens. Certainly a fair amount of interest there.

Hopefully the kickstarter goes well. Will take a closer look and decide on throwing some dollars in there.
Old 2016-04-21, 20:33   Link #13
BlackChickenStudios

@FlareKnight - I wouldn't be so sure that the Canadian navy *isn't* represented.

We have both the Australian and Canadian navies in the game, although only a handful of ships, of course.

Hope to see you join the campaign!
Old 2016-04-22, 22:04   Link #14
BlackChickenStudios

And here is Update 2, with an announcement on Belle Exclusivity, as well as a look at R.N. Espero and some of her Story!

Enjoy:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1553741
Old 2016-05-21, 22:17   Link #15
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Congrats to Black Chicken Studios. Victory Belles got funded and reached all of it's Stretch goals.
Old 2016-08-26, 07:20   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser