AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-10, 14:36   Link #61
7Th
Mixtape

Good too know I wasn't the only one who noticed how good Yasako looked in the school uniform...

As for the quality of the scans... do they look equally "rough" on the original? I like how this illustration doesn't seems to be going for the clean-line look most magazines spreads go through, it's lovable how much "hand-drawn" does it look. I don't remember a lot of promotional images like this other than Sushio's to be honest.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 19:28   Link #62
wao
OK.

Yes! Can't wait for Inoue's novel illustrations I'm really excited.

Haven't gotten Animage yet (prolly on Friday...) but from the previous spreads I've seen, yes, they're that sketch-like. I like it, it's so different from the usual spread...

But you know, if you've ever taken a look at spreads at full magnification you'd notice that about >50% of them appear to be drawn a bit hastily - the lines aren't actually solid, they're like pencil or half-dried-up marker pens or something. I do remember Nobuteru Yuki's one had solidish lines but he's different...

The point is those spreads usually try to get the lines smooth and stuff, here Honda evidently doesn't really care

P.S. On my computer I have a You're Under Arrest mag spread drawn by none other than Norio Matsumoto, it looks a bit skilfully off
Old 2007-04-15, 10:42   Link #63
manuloz

I reuploaded the preview from TAF 2007 on youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X96NAV5_S0k

There was a better scan of the february 2007 Animage on AnimePaper... here it is :

(thx to trismugistus)

[edit] Slightly better quality videos from TAf 2007

http://stage6.divx.com/Anime-PV/vide...-CHILDREN---OP
http://stage6.divx.com/Anime-PV/vide...-CHILDREN---PV

Last edited by manuloz; 2007-04-15 at 13:55.
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 11:28   Link #64
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Cool, thanks for the scans I saw the video was pulled from Youtube the other day. I'm was glad I saved the .FLV but it's good to know it's back online for everyone else.

I read (via Google) on the Denno Coil website that there was a press conference on the 12th for the first episode. There's two tiny photos of the cast holding those adorable Densuke and Oyaji plushies (and a whopping great life-size model of Sacchi looming in the bg). I think, if the translation was correct, that Iso wasn't in attendance due to exhaustion (not a good sign!), but he sent a message of thanks all the same. I wonder if there was any press feedback on the first episode online...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 09:06   Link #65
wao
OK.

Firstly, THANK YOU SO MUCH MANULOZ I'm sorry I had to put that in caps but I was dying to read that! Thank you for finding it and uploading it... if there's any way I could repay you... orz

Secondly, there's more reports of that screening session, and I'll paste all the links brought up by the folks over at 2ch here:

Spoiler for save space:

However, Iso's comment on the official site is both worrying and touching at once. It does seem he was exhausted (本日体調を崩し) and thus could not attend...

But there's one line in there that really confirms that he's the type of director I respect after all: "監督自身の100の言葉より1の映像の方が遥かに雄弁だと思います。"

Which roughly means "I believe that one film is far more eloquent than 100 of the directors' words".

It vaguely reminds me of Yuichiro Oguro's* comment from the screening, where he said that while the show has very complicated setting/plot, it's still enjoyable even if you don't understand it: it doesn't turn away people who haven't watched it before.
This wasn't in his entry so it's just expectation on my part, but it seems to me like the kind of anime which would tell the story less through convoluted plot and clunky exposition, but more through the actual things being said and done and through visual cues.
I like.
Now to hope it delivers.

*Web Anime Style's chief editor, I believe he's one of Animage's editors/ex-editors/contributing editors.
Old 2007-04-19, 06:37   Link #66
manuloz

Don't worry aboutit, i should be the one to thx you for the work you have put on translating all the infos on the first scans... so thx

The trailer (OP + PV) is online on the Coil HP :

http://www.tokuma.co.jp/coil/movie.html
Old 2007-04-19, 06:39   Link #67
wao
OK.

Snap, you beat me to posting about it! I noticed it just now too - and damn, you guys have to watch this if you were wondering about the music on the TAF promo video that was floating around.

On one hand, the OP sounds less nice than I thought it was, but on the other I can see why they're going to sell the soudntrack early. It's good stuff!

And it's awesome to see the animation in proper quality - go watch it now.
Old 2007-04-19, 15:51   Link #68
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Yee gods, that trailer is fantastic at a decent quality. The details easily missed in the screener version really come to life - the letters falling out of space as Sacchi appears, the strange fog and of-course the just the lovely way the characters are drawn, their eyes especially.

And the music samples there are wonderful too. I'm quite fond of Tsuneyoshi Saito's music. I've got the Tide Line Blue ost and that's quite amazing. I quite like the OP, it's quite understated and not too bombastic, somehow it fits with the world of Denno Coil.
Old 2007-04-19, 16:17   Link #69
7Th
Mixtape

I really, really love the style Dennou Coil is going with, both in animation and direction. Everything is extremely charming yet still manages to orchestrate a melancholic moody atmosphere behind it, I suppose this is Iso's forte as RahXephon 15 felt pretty much the same but I guess we're getting him completely undiluted this time. The visuals are even more amazing at higher quality, too. As for the song... I liked the mysterious ethereal first seconds better than the upbeat melody we got in the end, but it's anime theme music so I don't know why was I expecting too much.

Also: is there anyone of saving the stream?

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-04-19 at 16:38.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:28   Link #70
rnoise

I was eagerly anticipating this before, but now that I've seen the new opening/trailer from the show's site, I'm completely sold. Could totally geek out about that character animation! Will probably obsess over it every step of the way.

For people who like to download a copy of the video I've it up online elsewhere in a more easily downloadable format:

(removed link)

Just right click and save as.

Totally want to watch this right this moment... since I can't, I think I'll instead go pull Omohide Poro Poro off the shelf and watch it again.

Last edited by rnoise; 2013-08-16 at 11:06.
rnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 01:58   Link #71
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, what can I say... I liked the song. 8)

And the natural movement in the trailer reminded me somewhat of some of the Haibane Renmei scenes.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 04:18   Link #72
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Wow that video really got me pumped about this. I like the blend between the old and the new. I'm also reminded of Abe's works but the overall designs give me a Ghibli vibe too. In any case this is a must watch.
Old 2007-04-20, 05:04   Link #73
issei

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoise View Post
I was eagerly anticipating this before, but now that I've seen the new opening/trailer from the show's site, I'm completely sold. Could totally geek out about that character animation! Will probably obsess over it every step of the way.

For people who like to download a copy of the video I've it up online elsewhere in a more easily downloadable format:

http://rhetoricalnoise.net/coil_pv_official_1m.wmv

Just right click and save as.

Totally want to watch this right this moment... since I can't, I think I'll instead go pull Omohide Poro Poro off the shelf and watch it again.
thanks for the link! the video seems to recall, tonally, the best moments of spirited away with a combination of whimsy and dread, and in doing so, has cemented the series as must-watch -- well, more must-watch than it already was.
Old 2007-04-28, 06:34   Link #74
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

These pics are from an ad for Denno Coil which aired after today's Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, found them on Futaba. Two of them are new I think.

Only 2 weeks to go people!
Old 2007-04-28, 09:18   Link #75
manuloz

Just finished to upload it on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU2pCLOI9ac

source : 2chan.
Old 2007-04-28, 11:29   Link #76
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Nice one Manuloz! That's a great little promo. Love Yasako's introduction. Very cute. Fumiko Orikasa's been great in everything I've seen her in. Some brief shots of the superb animation we're all looking forward to; that one of Isako throwing something was especially cool.

And er, what's up with all the cats?
Old 2007-04-30, 20:57   Link #77
issei

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Just finished to upload it on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU2pCLOI9ac

source : 2chan.
thanks for the link!
Old 2007-04-30, 21:59   Link #78
wao
OK.

So I found something like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrO4sxHkHc8 (no, I didn't make it)

Yay for Coil fans \o/ spread the word!... until the authorities come and take down the video

They upgraded @wiki so maybe I should go and update that too from time to time It's been almost a month since I last did anything!
Old 2007-04-30, 23:55   Link #79
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Thanks to Ureshii for putting up a promo thingy. And like zOMG or something... this looks like that great segment from Animatrix with the kids playing with messed-up VR, except it's Ghiblistyle and Madhouse and >_< hooboy, I think I need to go lie down now. Must.. breathe...
Old 2007-05-03, 06:58   Link #80
manuloz

New 3 minutes preview on stage6

http://stage6.divx.com/user/maquis/v...---NHK-TELEMAP

Tags
science fiction