AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-09-05, 12:30   Link #1
Tranhieu

Simple manga for learning Japanese (N4~N3 level)

My apologies if this has been answered before, the search function didn't come up with anything usable.

Long story short, I've been studying Japanese (on my own) for about a year, and though I haven't sat any serious exam my level should be somewhere around N4 or N3 (about to finish Genki 2 book).

I'm currently searching for some simple manga that's easy to read, with straightforward Kanjis and phrases, something like Yotsuba&! would do. I have no problem with looking up dictionary but it will kill the joy if there're around 10 kanjis or so in a bubble that I don't know (gave Toaru Kagaku no Choudenjihou a try and it scared me ever since, even though that's one of my top 5).

Most of my favorite (translated) ones have either school life or slice of life elements in it, sometime both. Actually I can read pretty much everything (even shoujo, but I'd stay away from that for now), but I like those 2 the best, as long it has cute/moe girls/lolis and a good story.

I know lots of you guys here are very fluent in Japanese, so which series did you start with in the beginning? Oh and btw it will help a lot if there're furiganas for the kanjis, though I know that's only limited to shounen series.

Thanks in advance.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:03   Link #2
Kirihara_R

uhm i don't know if you will like this manga, but try some of them:

Golden Time
Evergreen
Baby Step
My wife is Wagatsuma-San
Area no Kishi
Denpa Kyoushi
Again
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
Tonari no Seki-kun
(actually there's a lot)
though some them are sport and romance manga ,it can be a good practice( for me though)

Last edited by Kirihara_R; 2013-09-05 at 13:16.
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:16   Link #3
Tranhieu

Thanks. Except for Baby Step I already read the translated version of the rest lol but I will give their raw a try
Old 2013-09-05, 21:03   Link #4
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Manga is generally...pretty easy for any level actually.

Personally, I enjoy Tasogare x Otome and Blood Alone the most although I'm now reading DYN FREAKS. That one's Lovecraftian by the writer of Demonbane

You could try Upotte though ww
Old 2013-09-05, 21:34   Link #5
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
My apologies if this has been answered before, the search function didn't come up with anything usable.

Long story short, I've been studying Japanese (on my own) for about a year, and though I haven't sat any serious exam my level should be somewhere around N4 or N3 (about to finish Genki 2 book).

I'm currently searching for some simple manga that's easy to read, with straightforward Kanjis and phrases, something like Yotsuba&! would do. I have no problem with looking up dictionary but it will kill the joy if there're around 10 kanjis or so in a bubble that I don't know (gave Toaru Kagaku no Choudenjihou a try and it scared me ever since, even though that's one of my top 5).

Most of my favorite (translated) ones have either school life or slice of life elements in it, sometime both. Actually I can read pretty much everything (even shoujo, but I'd stay away from that for now), but I like those 2 the best, as long it has cute/moe girls/lolis and a good story.

I know lots of you guys here are very fluent in Japanese, so which series did you start with in the beginning? Oh and btw it will help a lot if there're furiganas for the kanjis, though I know that's only limited to shounen series.

Thanks in advance.
keep to slice-of-life/romcoms
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 03:06   Link #6
Tranhieu

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm giving Minami-ke a try and it's pretty enjoyable so far