AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 11:19   Link #1
JokerD

Anime Festival Asia

Making another thread of 2012, this can be the consolidated threat if needed.

Well looks like they are expending with Anime Festival Asia 2012 Malaysia in June and Singapore in Nov. Details on either are non-existent, which is a concern since June is 2 1/2 months away. Anyone thinking of going to either?

I'm thinking of heading to the Malaysia one just to get an excuse to go out of the country.

AFA Malaysia
AFA Singapore

Last edited by JokerD; 2012-03-23 at 11:20. Reason: Added link
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:19   Link #2
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Making another thread of 2012, this can be the consolidated threat if needed.

Well looks like they are expending with Anime Festival Asia 2012 Malaysia in June and Singapore in Nov. Details on either are non-existent, which is a concern since June is 2 1/2 months away. Anyone thinking of going to either?

I'm thinking of heading to the Malaysia one just to get an excuse to go out of the country.

AFA Malaysia
AFA Singapore
I'll see how much I can save....currently I am surviving on savings as I take on a new job.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 02:23   Link #3
Pokaru

So is there any details on the Singapore one? I may be able to visit it considering I'm about to make a trip to Singapore.
Pokaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:04   Link #4
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokaru View Post
So is there any details on the Singapore one? I may be able to visit it considering I'm about to make a trip to Singapore.
Other than it being in Nov, not a clue
Old 2012-03-28, 05:44   Link #5
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Will pass on the events this time...
Not enough money...

Unless Marina Inoue is present in Singapore...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 06:32   Link #6
JokerD

A bit more details, the Malaysian event is taking place on 9 and 10 June, at Putra World Trade Centre
Old 2012-03-28, 07:37   Link #7
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
A bit more details, the Malaysian event is taking place on 9 and 10 June, at Putra World Trade Centre
Holy shit it is in KL, looks like a pretty rough ride from Singapore towards the inland.

I should be able to save enough to cosplay.....though I need to decide which character before I go.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-03-28, 11:02   Link #8
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Holy shit it is in KL, looks like a pretty rough ride from Singapore towards the inland.

I should be able to save enough to cosplay.....though I need to decide which character before I go.
Please post a pic of your cosplay later in this thread...
Old 2012-03-29, 07:48   Link #9
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
How would he be able to take pictures of himself while cosplaying...

Anyway, it would be nice to see what it is like over there, and if the stuff is cheaper...
Old 2012-03-29, 08:11   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Suggestion for character please.

Old 2012-03-29, 08:52   Link #11
JokerD

Please do not repeat the trama of the A Laugh a Day Thread...

Maybe Keima Katsuragi from TWOGK
Old 2012-04-05, 03:57   Link #12
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Suggestion for character please.
Keimako from TWGOK...

Btw, the date in SG has been set...
9-10-11 November 2012 in Singapore Expo...

Any insider info why the venue changed?
Is it because many complaints for cosplayer last year??
Old 2012-04-05, 04:06   Link #13
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Keimako from TWGOK...
No. Crossdressing without a license is illegal here.

Besides I only need 1 more prop before my character is complete.....maybe I'll go vegan for a month to lose that bacon around my waist.....wished the SAF called me so I can find a reason to lose weight.

Quote:
Btw, the date in SG has been set...
9-10-11 November 2012 in Singapore Expo...

Any insider info why the venue changed?
Is it because many complaints for cosplayer last year??
There can only be 3 reasons :

1. Ballooning attendance. Too many people. EOY used to be held at expo until the number of cosplayers shrunk in 2007-2008.

2. The megachurch owning the property didn't like the cosplayers. Damn I should have dressed as Sasha from Seikon no Qwaser to troll them during the Sunday last year. Come to think of it Putra Tower houses UMNO HQ, so it might be the last time such an event is hosted in M'sia.

3. The pedobear cosplayers resulting in the unsuspecting parents complaining.

Any Malaysians here willing to be our tour guides?

Old 2012-04-06, 02:25   Link #14
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
No. Crossdressing without a license is illegal here.

Besides I only need 1 more prop before my character is complete.....maybe I'll go vegan for a month to lose that bacon around my waist.....wished the SAF called me so I can find a reason to lose weight.

There can only be 3 reasons :

1. Ballooning attendance. Too many people. EOY used to be held at expo until the number of cosplayers shrunk in 2007-2008.

2. The megachurch owning the property didn't like the cosplayers. Damn I should have dressed as Sasha from Seikon no Qwaser to troll them during the Sunday last year. Come to think of it Putra Tower houses UMNO HQ, so it might be the last time such an event is hosted in M'sia.

3. The pedobear cosplayers resulting in the unsuspecting parents complaining.

Any Malaysians here willing to be our tour guides?
Hmm...
I thought you already get license from Sumeragi to cross-dress?

About that reason...
Wait, is there any pedobear cosplay in AFA last year??
*checking my photo collection of loli first...

Anyway...
One month prior before Malaysia AFA, and there is still no announcement on event or artiste...
Are the event in Malaysia is organized directly by AFA team of Singapore (if i'm not wrong, SOHO isnt it??)
Old 2012-04-06, 14:05   Link #15
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Hmm...
It appears to be less of a license and more of a commandment.

Ahh SaintessHeart, you poor guy.

Endless "Glad it's not me" Soul
Old 2012-04-06, 14:59   Link #16
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Hmm...
Sume-nee Sumeragi does not have any right to license or command others to crossdress.

Quote:
About that reason...
Wait, is there any pedobear cosplay in AFA last year??
*checking my photo collection of loli first...
Check the AFA2011 thread. JokerD immortalised it with his camera.

Quote:
Anyway...
One month prior before Malaysia AFA, and there is still no announcement on event or artiste...
Are the event in Malaysia is organized directly by AFA team of Singapore (if i'm not wrong, SOHO isnt it??)
I think so. But it is organised at the site of the UMNO headquarters, which recently ordered a ban on our local ballet team. Most likely they are going to ban cosplayers too....unless we name all of our prop weapons Zulqifar *sarcastic*.

Old 2012-04-16, 09:57   Link #17
JokerD

While I am interested in AFAM, with nothing being confirmed other than location, I'm still not willing to take a leap of faith.

Still a drive up to KL sounds nice...
Old 2012-04-16, 10:06   Link #18
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

What? It's going to be held in Putra World Trade Centre? I hate that place, not to mention limited parking space, though the place is reachable by public transport. The exhibition should be held in KL Convention Centre.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-04-16 at 10:25.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:04   Link #19
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
What? It's going to be held in Putra World Trade Centre? I hate that place, not to mention limited parking space, though the place is reachable by public transport. The exhibition should be held in KL Convention Centre.
The rent is low, and besides with the UMNO headquarters there, they are betting on it to deter pickpocketing and other crime.

Still, it is better to get travel insurance for those who are crossing the causeway. Who wants a quote?

Quote:
While I am interested in AFAM, with nothing being confirmed other than location, I'm still not willing to take a leap of faith.

Still a drive up to KL sounds nice...
It is 3 hours. If you drive, the rest of us Sinkies are counting on you......

Old 2012-04-17, 06:51   Link #20
JokerD

Quote:
The rent is low, and besides with the UMNO headquarters there, they are betting on it to deter pickpocketing and other crime.

Still, it is better to get travel insurance for those who are crossing the causeway. Who wants a quote?

It is 3 hours. If you drive, the rest of us Sinkies are counting on you......
Let's see whose coming to the event first. My plan is to drive to the hotel and take public transport (or taxi) to get around