AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-06-28, 14:21   Link #221
Theowne
耳をすませば

I am amused though, at the hypocrisy of the media through this whole thing. For all the past years that I remember, Jackson was portrayed as a nutjob, a weirdo, a messed up delusional freak, and now that he has died everyone is ignoring what they called him and honoring him as a music legend.

Personally I've always felt sorry for Jackson, pity rather then loathing. I've seen his interviews and particularly some of his personal songs and it's obvious that he suffered terribly from his lack of a proper childhood and abuse. Everything he did in his later years, creating his own "amusement park" just for himself, inviting children, etc, was because of his need to live the childhood he never had. But in the modern world we're so obsessed with two things - homosexuality and pedophelia, so it was inevitable, how he was portrayed, and of course parents jumped at the chance to sue. I certainly think Jackson had issues, but I don't think he was a pedophile. He was practically a child himself.

It's a very sad life story.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 14:37   Link #222
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I am amused though, at the hypocrisy of the media through this whole thing. For all the past years that I remember, Jackson was portrayed as a nutjob, a weirdo, a messed up delusional freak, and now that he has died everyone is ignoring what they called him and honoring him as a music legend.
Well that's not neccessarily hypocritical. Maybe they're saying that even nutjobs, weirdos, and messed up delusional freaks deserve a good respectful obituary. That's kinda nice in a weird sorta way.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 14:42   Link #223
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:

Personally I've always felt sorry for Jackson, pity rather then loathing. I've seen his interviews and particularly some of his personal songs and it's obvious that he suffered terribly from his lack of a proper childhood and abuse. Everything he did in his later years, creating his own "amusement park" just for himself, inviting children, etc, was because of his need to live the childhood he never had. But in the modern world we're so obsessed with two things - homosexuality and pedophelia, so it was inevitable, how he was portrayed, and of course parents jumped at the chance to sue. I certainly think Jackson had issues, but I don't think he was a pedophile. He was practically a child himself.

I can't agree more. You have said almost exactly what I feel and think about MJ off the stage. Most of the youngsters below 20 know MJ only from the media, basically with some very negative descriptions, without knowing much (or anything at all) about his achievements in the music world. How many people ever try to really understand him?

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

Last edited by AnimeTheme; 2009-06-28 at 15:25.
AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 15:41   Link #224
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

That's the media for ya...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 16:25   Link #225
iLney

Quote:
No, they're talking about MJ's personal doctor. Apparently he was administering CPR to MJ while he was on a bed. How does a doctor not know these kind of basic things? Even the 911 hotline guy knew right away "get him on the floor".
Hmm, really? I didn't remember so. Oh well, I was watering the garden anyway
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 16:30   Link #226
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

Yep, that is the gist of it. It is just the way it goes, media are so "any way the wind blows". It was sickening seeing everyone back then making fun/mocking of Michael Jackson, for something that was never proven, opposite pretty much.
And now, they are all "dandy and sad". Oh well, hello society.

And yes i have to agree with you again, about what you said being a kid himself. From certain interviews and natural reactions, he seemed like a kid in heart. He did suffer from depression and all this stuff {himself had said so} because of his early childhood life, but honestly, this guy was totally harmless to the others. He was only hurting himself through certain actions, but not others.
Instead, with his music and generous actions, inspired people. Dammit, he will be really missed.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 16:37   Link #227
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
R.I.P Michael Jackson, I shall remember what you have done for music and pop culture.

Hopefully people will only remember the good about you and realize that you were acquitted of your crimes instead of acting as if you were found guilty.
Old 2009-06-28, 16:58   Link #228
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
It definitely makes people feel bad for occasionally ripping on Michael Jackson's troubles in the past.

With everything bad he might have done, could have don;t, didn't do etc. it's important to remember what he was foremostly, he was a great musician.

There were definitely too many people jumping him on something he was proven to not to have committed.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 17:23   Link #229
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

Yes the media and a lot of people have probably "flipped" the script when it comes to Jackson with his recent passing. But in America at least, that is how it works. Everyone is quick to judge without knowing all of the facts first.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 17:27   Link #230
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Most people do operate under the assumption of "Guilty until proven Innocent", such that even when said person is cleared of his crimes, the fact that he was charged and accused in the first place still remains. It's like being accused of a crime is a crime in and of itself.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 18:58   Link #231
BanishingBook

I agree with Theowne and AnimeTheme, the media, it's always teh media.

How many days has it been? I don't think I'm still okay with this sudden exit from the living. I wake up and think Michael is not dead.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 20:54   Link #232
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
I agree with Theowne and AnimeTheme, the media, it's always teh media.

How many days has it been? I don't think I'm still okay with this sudden exit from the living. I wake up and think Michael is not dead.
Three days since his death.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 22:22   Link #233
ani_d

Wow, Heath Ledger didn't get this kind of treatment when he passed away. I think it's a bit ironic that Michael Jackson is receiving this much attention now when it seemed as if everybody has forgotten about him before he died--and could only see him as a child molester if I may add.

*reads posts above* Seems like I'm not the only one who noticed. =/
Old 2009-06-29, 03:02   Link #234
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, as sad as Heath Ledger's death may have been, the influence of his career on an entire industry isn't even on the same league as Michael Jackson's. An entire generation (even two) grew up with his songs and their images, and inspired alot of the people that would become this generation's crop of artists and musicians. At the height of his career, MJ was undeniably a legend by all definition.

Yes MJ did fade into obscurity following all the scandals and all, but his music endures even after that. And I think part of the irony is that he died just on the eve of a series of comeback tours that would've promoted his music more for this generation.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 03:50   Link #235
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
I can't agree more. You have said almost exactly what I feel and think about MJ off the stage. Most of the youngsters below 20 know MJ only from the media, basically with some very negative descriptions, without knowing much (or anything at all) about his achievements in the music world. How many people ever try to really understand him?
Worse still, certain tabloid "news"papers (hello The Sun) are brewing up even more scandal, with a story about him allegedly having a gay relationship with some waitor and actor.

Looking at Michael's relationships with women and the coincidental timing this story has come out, it's not seeming very likely. Maybe being married doesn't automatically prove that you're straight, but it is a damn good indicator.

Also, I'm sure a nice big fat cheque helped persuade these people to suddenly remember sleeping with MJ.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 08:07   Link #236
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Money is the root of all evil?
Perhaps...

I'm still keeping low out of the debate circle for a spell, but sure have seen some interesting theories and opinions from both sides of the coin (pple who don't care for him and those who do) in terms of analysing his part in the world and how he was more or less chewed up and spat out by the media and by those who use his raw talent to make a buck or two.
Lots going about but will consildate some topics here later.

Speaking of money, the sales of his albums have gone off the roof!
Which is weird, it makes me thinking who or why people are suddenly buying his albums when he's been idle for so long and these albums have been in stores for the 8 quiet years, it's not like it'll suddenly "disappear", any new material he had for the concerts, maybe they'll release later like they did for Tupac otherwise the mad rush to grab albums, makes me think 'what for? If you're already a fan, you'd have most of them, if you're new and now wanna appreciate his music then cool"

But the stats are insane, in this digital, pirate age, it's weird to see people actually buying physical media again on such a large scale *amused*
And just to brighten up things a little (any Americans catch the BET awards recently, I wanna get a download) ><;;;

I think Jamie was doing this for laughs as well as a tribute but this got me chuckling ^^
(Man... this instrumental rocks my world...)

And one from Ciara (her voice is actually isn't bad at all with this MJ tune)

Ah... found Janet's speech

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-06-29 at 08:23.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 09:18   Link #237
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

have to correct myself here...while it was a fun question, I guess the biggest difference between OJ and Michael is that Michael never wrote a book where he hypothetically snitches on himself and was never taken to civil court and found guilty.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2009-07-02 at 07:27. Reason: correcting myself
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 12:05   Link #238
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
At the end of the day the naysayers are throwing rocks at a ghost now. They do it either because it's part of their job description or they're just your typical "haterz". The rest of us can just appreciate the music and the talent for itself, which in some ways is a very positive thing.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 12:16   Link #239
AnimeFan188

Hope this isn't true, but if it is, it's a damning indictment of MJ's entourage &
hangers-on:

http://pajamasmedia.com/richardferna...e-living-dead/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 12:33   Link #240
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Hope this isn't true, but if it is, it's a damning indictment of MJ's entourage &
hangers-on:

http://pajamasmedia.com/richardferna...e-living-dead/
The circumstances surrounding the death of Michael Jackson remind me of the circumstances surrounding the death of Howard Hughes. Both men were incredibly wealthy and were surrounded by "yes" men and women who catered to Jacksons every wish, even if those wishes were clearly destructive and potentially lethal. It takes a while to become emaciated, bruised, scarred and addicted. Where were the people who supposedly cared so much about Jackson?

I'm astounded that any medical professional would begin CPR on a bed, or perform "gentle" chest compressions during a cardiac arrest. Even first year nursing students know that CPR is initiated only on a hard surface. And whats up with all those who wrote the numerous prescriptions for the potent narcotics, tranquilizers and antidepressants that he ingested. The staff that surrounded him daily did nothing to help this obviously very ill man.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music