AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-12, 19:08   Link #281
sikvod00

^ Well, the meme wasn't played well, so it was cliched IMO.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 19:38   Link #282
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

The episode felt very cliched and quite rushed in my opinion. While watching I'm thinking "okay, so she has amnesia, why is that such a big deal again?" This story seems like it really could have benefited from some time to build up the idea that they formed very precious memories during that year so the loss of those memories would actually be meaningful rather than just a fact with no real background to it. The ending was sweet but in a that's nice, but I've seen this before kind of way rather than anything actually groundbreaking. Hopefully this doesn't mean the entire plot will be rushed like ep6 was.
Old 2010-11-12, 20:03   Link #283
Arya

I agree, a really cliched story. I 'd say boring episode. Or better, it is not the story to be boring, but the way they presented it and this "stand alone" way to keep all the story inside one episode, moreover with a fast pace, cutting out everybody but the sisters and kouhei. after 5 minutes you could foresee the ending. But it could be me that I dont like when an episode is dedicated to a single character or substory.
I hope they don't mean to do it with the other characters. I guess i could not even stand a kiriha's episode
edit: forgot to say that mr perfect kouhei didn't help the episode.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 23:47   Link #284
larethian

hmm, notice when Haruna talked about her loss of memories from the accident publicly, Erika flinched?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 01:10   Link #285
Zexas

Ep 6

Hmm what can I say - pretty standard?

I started to wonder if the the creator even got an inch of passion in creating this series . They got an excellent source of material but the presentation is just bland - a Fucking waste!

Time constraint are not excuses since even Yosuga No Sora despite having the same limitation still manage to pull it off

Seriously I just couldn't feel the effort
Old 2010-11-14, 14:47   Link #286
Seihai
スマイリウム

OK, so... an average episode for me. Not much to say, there was a problem which got solved. The end.
Maa~ The maids scene added some good entertainment. And I wonder if Haruna's memory loss was really just an accident?
Erika seemed suspicious going from her reaction.
Oh well, it seems like Shiro-chan will be centred next episode. That hair colour, figure and twintails just can't go wrong.
Old 2010-11-14, 22:03   Link #287
wingman32x

I really liked this episode. Haruna is my favorite character so it was good to see an episode based around her. Yeah, it was cliche, but it was a lot less cliche than that crappy sports festival episode we got last week IMO. Overall, a good episode that was a step up from last week IMO.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 07:50   Link #288
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Oooooooh, did anybody hear about the special OAD coming packaged with the 6th manga volume on December 26th?

PleasebeaKirihaepisodepleasebeaKirihaepisodeplease beaKirihaepisode.....
Old 2010-11-16, 16:55   Link #289
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
OK, so... an average episode for me. Not much to say, there was a problem which got solved. The end.
Maa~ The maids scene added some good entertainment. And I wonder if Haruna's memory loss was really just an accident?
Erika seemed suspicious going from her reaction.
Oh well, it seems like Shiro-chan will be centred next episode. That hair colour, figure and twintails just can't go wrong.
Unless they fastfoward everything, and destroy all the plots that make Shiro's episode boring...
Old 2010-11-17, 01:11   Link #290
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

At least kiddy Hina was effing cute

*demands plushie*
Old 2010-11-19, 13:38   Link #291
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for FA 07 - Swimsuit + Vampire:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 16:01   Link #292
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nice ep.

Kiriha is awesome.
Old 2010-11-19, 16:17   Link #293
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This week's episode is a good example that not going extreme in term of execution can just work fine.
Although I still think the blatant flags between Erika and Kouhei are really way too rampant to my tastes, it was fairly good and they finally go back to business I should say.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:43   Link #294
Seihai
スマイリウム

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Unless they fastfoward everything, and destroy all the plots that make Shiro's episode boring...
Alright, so this episode was very enjoyable and good in different aspects but it didn't focus on Shiro. Still, her moments were glorious.
The bust size scene was really cute, her reaction to Erika's size wasn't as jealous as many would react and partly showed admiration.
Then when she asked Iori about the coupling with Yukimaru... hilarious. And she looked so serious when saying it!
Lastly, the part in the pool was just the best. If it was me, I would have hugged her and then back away, not just back away from that ultimate cute plead.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:36   Link #295
relentlessflame

*Administrator

@Vanish:
We can't answer your spoiler question in this thread because it's very likely the anime will cover it in future episodes. If you really want to know, you could ask in the game thread.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:14   Link #296
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
@Vanish:
We can't answer your spoiler question in this thread because it's very likely the anime will cover it in future episodes. If you really want to know, you could ask in the game thread.
What if we answered it as a guess? From what I saw in episode 1, it seemed it was only Kohei that Erika had some sort of problem with (when her brother said something about him that seemed unnatural) also in episode 5 where Erika's brother, and Shiro's brother were at what it seems a roof discussing a "plan"...
Old 2010-11-20, 03:40   Link #297
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I reckon half of ep 7 was fanservice, and teh other half was actually serious. XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 05:01   Link #298
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think they went a bit too far when they threw the poor nun in the swimming pool. DX
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:20   Link #299
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
What if we answered it as a guess? From what I saw in episode 1, it seemed it was only Kohei that Erika had some sort of problem with (when her brother said something about him that seemed unnatural) also in episode 5 where Erika's brother, and Shiro's brother were at what it seems a roof discussing a "plan"...
There really isn't any way to answer a question as a "guess" - if one has game knowledge, those become hints or nods in the right direction. Suffice to say, the anime is surely going to touch upon Erika's "blood sucking" tendencies, so VN readers shouldn't be in any hurry to elaborate. As relentless said, if one really wants to know, there is the game thread for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish
She seemed to be in a rather life threatening pain (slightly ironic when I think of Iori having said that they don't die anyway) and I always wondered what lead to them not resorting to biting people anymore. Do the victims die? What's changed then if not?
Well, if you recall one of the earlier episodes, Erika stated she considers it inelegant to suck blood from people, so it could be just that (And this sudden pain seems like a new issue, since she is surprised by it herself). Iori obviously has no issues with sucking blood, but he seems pretty content to use Bloodpacks as well. Whatever else, it certainly helps in keeping a low profile to keep the number of students with bite marks to a minimum, i suppose

On to the actual episode, myself is quite pleased. Animation quality was nice (especially liked the parts with Erika in her "blood surge" moments, especially the second one), pacing and character interactions were handled well, and it touched upon some of the more serious matters. They did change some things slightly, most notably how Erika's "blood surge" moment at the pool played out, but nothing to complain about overall. I am finding myself with not much to say on the episode, as most of the events that unfolded were quite self-evident, and execution was largely agreeable.

I will not, however, forgive them for scrapping the almighty "toilet brush" incident. The way it went originally left me in stitches and was one of the funniest moments of the VN, so it's a real shame they scrapped the comedy from it. Why!!

A rough recap of the original event (Been more than a year since i played this, and can't re-read at the moment, so going by pure memory here, so some parts are bound to be slightly off, but heh ... coupled with an image i managed to dig up)

Spoiler for toilet brush:
Old 2010-11-20, 10:10   Link #300
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. Iori cracks me up with his gay jokes.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire