AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-08, 05:31   Link #21
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I guess someone actually take up the task and translate this manga... I haven't had the chance to read it yet though.

edit+
Had just read ch 2... poor ogre was destroyed by Wendigo's bufu I wonder if they can revive back just like in the game and doesn't stay dead...

Also, next chapter should be about Amane

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2012-08-08 at 05:45.
Old 2012-08-08, 10:12   Link #22
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i'm still rooting for an avalanche of yuzu H manga to start rolling =/
Old 2012-08-08, 12:43   Link #23
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko

I was checking out Yuzu outfit and it remind me of something, then I remember that they got that set for SMT: IMAGINE (Good Game BTW, needs to get push further)

But I think that this series might be turn into Anime really soon with the popularity that the SMT series getting right now.
Old 2012-08-08, 13:28   Link #24
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post

I was checking out Yuzu outfit and it remind me of something, then I remember that they got that set for SMT: IMAGINE (Good Game BTW, needs to get push further)

But I think that this series might be turn into Anime really soon with the popularity that the SMT series getting right now.
I don't know about that. Was Devil Survivor really that popular compared to the rest of the SMT series?
Old 2012-08-08, 14:50   Link #25
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't know about that. Was Devil Survivor really that popular compared to the rest of the SMT series?
I mean with all the SMT series being popular, with Devil Survivor DS game (really good), P4A, P4G, and others. I dont know if Devil Survivor is popular like Persona, but I think its on the right direction, heck Devil Summoner manga is coming out as well.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:17   Link #26
hyl
reading #hikaributts

It was popular enough to get a 3ds remake and a sequel though.
Old 2012-08-08, 18:24   Link #27
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It was popular enough to get a 3ds remake and a sequel though.
You could say the same about the Persona series, but 1 and 2 didn't get an anime either.
Old 2012-08-08, 18:31   Link #28
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
You could say the same about the Persona series, but 1 and 2 didn't get an anime either.
Haven't you noticed how risk averse the producers are?

It took "Persona 4" 4 years to get it's own anime, regardless how immensely popular it was and how many copies of it were sold.
Persona 3 got it's own movie only after the succes of the persona 4 anime.

Also there is a huge difference of getting it's own manga compared to it's own anime. Even less popular series like manga adaptations of visual novels and eroge have their own manga, because it's much cheaper to produce them and there are less risks if it bombs.
Old 2012-08-08, 18:37   Link #29
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Haven't you noticed how risk averse the producers are?

It took "Persona 4" 4 years to get it's own anime, regardless how immensely popular it was and how many copies of it were sold.

Also there is a huge difference of getting it's own manga compared to it's own anime. Even less popular series like manga adaptations of visual novels and eroge have their own manga, because it's much cheaper to produce them and there are less risks if it bombs.
Of course. My point was that I disagree with Neki Echo who thinks the series has a good shot of getting an anime.
Old 2012-08-08, 18:42   Link #30
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Of course. My point was that I disagree with Neki Echo who thinks the series has a good shot of getting an anime.
While i don't think that devil survivor has a chance of an anime now, there have been instances of series (games, light novels etc.) that have a bigger chance of anime adaptation after it got something like a drama cd. Devil survivor did get a drama cd a few years ago but it ended up being used to get the 3ds remake voiced.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:56   Link #31
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I mean with all the SMT series being popular, with Devil Survivor DS game (really good), P4A, P4G, and others. I dont know if Devil Survivor is popular like Persona, but I think its on the right direction, heck Devil Summoner manga is coming out as well.
Actually Devil Survivor is not part of the Shin Megami Tensei series but the Megami Ibunroku series, though the MI bit's been dropped from the title in Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2. It only has the SMT title in the US for all versions.

Quote:
While i don't think that devil survivor has a chance of an anime now, there have been instances of series (games, light novels etc.) that have a bigger chance of anime adaptation after it got something like a drama cd. Devil survivor did get a drama cd a few years ago but it ended up being used to get the 3ds remake voiced.
Only Atsurou retained his voice actor from the drama cd though.
Old 2012-08-13, 23:19   Link #32
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Chapter 3 is up.. and goddamn that Amane o.o;

After reading that Laplace mail in the last page... I thought there's supposed to be another Laplace Mail that told them there's going to be an incident where 3 people died because of Blizzard? Or was it for the next day?

Also, what happened to those numbers that indicate their remaining days?

Old 2012-08-13, 23:46   Link #33
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

After reading that Laplace mail in the last page... I thought there's supposed to be another Laplace Mail that told them there's going to be an incident where 3 people died because of Blizzard? Or was it for the next day?

Also, what happened to those numbers that indicate their remaining days?
The incident where three people die because of a blizzard was actually supposed to be them getting killed by Wendigo, which they averted.

You're right that it was missing from the Laplace Mail though.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-08-14 at 00:13.
Old 2012-08-14, 07:03   Link #34
Soji

Let's hope they show us the number thing next ch ,no to mention the Laplace Mail that they not show us this ch. i mean that Laplace Mail it's really Important.

Quote:
Agree. She really beautiful in this manga. I already like her the most in game but after I see her in the manga i like her even more.
Not offense for Yuzu fan but .....from my POV Amane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yuzu.(but maybe it's just me).
I'm really curios to see how many thing they will change from the game in this manga .
Old 2012-08-14, 07:17   Link #35
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Haven't you noticed
huh whats this??? is there a thread here about that?
Old 2012-08-14, 07:25   Link #36
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
There is..check the upcoming series section

Quote:
Not offense for Yuzu fan but .....from my POV Amane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yuzu.(but maybe it's just me).
I'm really curios to see how many thing they will change from the game in this manga .
..There's Yuzu fans out there? But I've heard in the 3DS version, Yuzu's epilogue is pretty good enough to regain her popularity.

Since only the leader that can see the numbers.. maybe the reason why the three of them haven't seen them yet is because that they haven't established leadership to Kazuya? It's still pretty weird though.. I wonder how the mangaka will do this and that missing laplace mail to for the next future chapters.

Old 2012-08-14, 12:55   Link #37
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
There is..check the upcoming series section

..There's Yuzu fans out there? But I've heard in the 3DS version, Yuzu's epilogue is pretty good enough to regain her popularity.

Since only the leader that can see the numbers.. maybe the reason why the three of them haven't seen them yet is because that they haven't established leadership to Kazuya? It's still pretty weird though.. I wonder how the mangaka will do this and that missing laplace mail to for the next future chapters.
Yuzu was a pretty strong character on any route not her own. She stopped complaining and started fighting more.

Of course, this manga doesn't seem to be giving her any slack. Even in the intro fight they changed it from the trio each beating their own demons to form the contract to the MC beating his own then beating Atsuro's and Yuzu's demons for them while those two just get beat down.
Old 2012-09-07, 20:53   Link #38
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

New chapter is out. I guess the manga didn't use auction system to get a new demon but instead use their macca to buy demons by using default bid lol. Oh also, the laplace mail was shown in this chapter. The reason why they didn't show in the previous chapter was because of a 'bug' that delayed their message...

...and I didn't expect that he'll get Flaemis. I never really used him except when trying to farm mitamas at the end of the game.

Old 2012-09-07, 22:07   Link #39
Shadow5YA

If the Persona 4 anime is anything to go by, I don't think the writers care about demon/persona level. The plot related ones will stay in place, but other than that, anything goes.
Old 2012-09-08, 01:10   Link #40
waffler

Does anyone know what kind of endings there are in the game? is it like multiple endings or do you choose a route or something?
Closed Thread