AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 01:53   Link #3301
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^ So the crusader don't get the typical tier 5 scout treatment? Oh boy then i'll get myself a crusader (have the covenanter researched but haven't bought it yet)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 02:02   Link #3302
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Notice: Until further notice, I am effectively retiring from active duty. My equipment (5-year-old laptop going at 6 fps) and schedule (work work work) are hindering my efficiency on the battlefield. Until conditions become better, I'll not be on active duty.

Please contact me on the forums if there are things you need. I'll do my best to help you out.
what are the specs on your rig Sume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It's amusing how far many of us have come in just three months. Monsters like Sume aside of course...

Incidentally I unlocked both the T21 and the Wolverine last night, so just in case I feel the urge to advance through the turreted US TD or the US autoloader line, I can do so.
I would recommend the Hellcat over the Jackson after the M10, becuz its got mobility to relocate faster. I haven't tried the autoloader line yet, idk I'm interested the US autoloaders.

I'm kinda annoyed at Tier 9 pubs. I was on an about 5 streak loss or more before i got the daily done. Most of the matches were mainly tier 10.
Old 2013-02-26, 02:05   Link #3303
Gravitas Free Zone

The Crusader gets normal Tier 5 matchmaking, but since it is not that fast or sturdy for a Tier 5, it needs the help.
Well, it is tolerably fast, it just is not fast enough to completely offset its thin armor.
Other topics: I already have a Cromwell. The Matilda is for amusement purposes, and maybe if I want a proper British Churchill later.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 02:05   Link #3304
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Why did you do the Russian medium and not the US medium? Kimi..... you get a better gun depression on the US lines. So wouldn't that suit your play style more?

I might go the US medium line too, since I have the T20 unlocked. Or continue the turret TD line for the E4 since I unlocked everything for the T25/2.
Old 2013-02-26, 02:07   Link #3305
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The Crusader gets normal Tier 5 matchmaking, but since it is not that fast or sturdy for a Tier 5, it needs the help.

Other topics: I already have a Cromwell. The Matilda is for amusement purposes, and maybe if I want a proper British Churchill later.
I would suggest by passing the church I and VII and get the BP.
Old 2013-02-26, 03:03   Link #3306
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Why did you do the Russian medium and not the US medium? Kimi..... you get a better gun depression on the US lines. So wouldn't that suit your play style more?
there are some reasons I don't like US med, especially the high tiers.

1. big fat while not having much armor and speed, rush with it like Crusader and Crom then you are dead.

2. guns have horrible accuracy with low pen for its tier, they also have long reload.

3. while Pershing turret is solid, M46 turret have a lot of weak point and M48 turret is soft.

4. M48 Patton: that tank bigger than US t10 heavy T110E5, have no armor, weak turret, low accuracy, huge crosshair boom while moving or rotating turret, the speed not really good. worst t10 med IMO, I have kill 1 of those 1v1 in my Cent 7

5. Brit high tier med pretty much outclass US med, having the same gun depression, solid turret. but brit med guns is a lot better than US med guns, high pen + laser accuracy. the only thing US med have over brit med is speed, which they not have that much.

gun comparison:

Cent 7/M46 Patton

Pen: 268/218

Dmg: 390/390

Accuracy: 0.32/0.42 (lol)

also, I go with USSR med line cause T-54 and T-62A play like Crusader and Crom, at high tier.
Old 2013-02-26, 09:25   Link #3307
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

LOL Pen, your message got deleted. Well that's good that you found out your router was faulty.

Anyways, so what about the gun depression comparison on the Russian, Brit, and US mediums. Surely the US has the best out of the 3. Sure the Patton is under classed at high tiers, but it would be fun to have a challenge right...

if not the US mediums then what about the Chinese tree? Those things are pretty similar to the Brit mediums, but the only thing they have are slope armor and spd.
Old 2013-02-26, 09:50   Link #3308
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Anyways, so what about the gun depression comparison on the Russian, Brit, and US mediums. Surely the US has the best out of the 3. Sure the Patton is under classed at high tiers, but it would be fun to have a challenge right...
let compare the gun depression of brit med and US med

Tier 8:
Centurion: -10
Pershing: -10

Tier 9:
Centurion 7/1: -10
M46 Patton: -10

Tier 10:
FV4202: -10
M48 Patton: -9

so brit med actually have better gun depression at tier 10.

Quote:
if not the US mediums then what about the Chinese tree? Those things are pretty similar to the Brit mediums, but the only thing they have are slope armor and spd.
Chinese tree is the one tech tree that I will never do no matter how OP they are, I don't like those knock-off tanks, even if someone offer me a free Type 59 I will refuse.
Old 2013-02-26, 09:51   Link #3309
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Chinese tree is the one tech tree that I will never do no matter how OP they are, I don't like those tanks, even if someone who offer me a free Type 59 I will refuse.
If the offer ever comes, please refer it over to me..
Old 2013-02-26, 10:08   Link #3310
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

LOL wil.

no give it to me, I want an OP tank for once.

Now this is how a T29 should be played.

My OP T29. If you can pull this off then you better off play the Russian or German heavies.
Old 2013-02-26, 10:41   Link #3311
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Finally got my 2nd perks for my T29

Old 2013-02-26, 10:52   Link #3312
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Finally got my 2nd perks for my T29

I suggest you to drop all crew skill you have now and pick new ones

first, if you train Brother in Arms, you must do it for all the crew at once, 1 Crew member have Brother in Arms have no effect at all. same go for repair, fire fighting and Camo, those do have an effect if only 1 have it trained, but the effect are so small that it doesn't matter at all, so you should train it for all the crew at once.

sencond, Firefighting and Camo is almost useless for a T29, it rarely catch fire, if it do just use fire ext, T29 Camo is already bad, trainning it won't help it much, Camo skill is mean for tanks with good Camo to be even more hideous, not for tank with bad Camo, A T29 have all Camo skill trained still have worse Camo than most mediums.

also, remember that the xp needed to 100% skill double each time. IIRC, the first skill need 180k xp, second need 360k xp, third need 720k xp and so on.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:06   Link #3313
Gravitas Free Zone

I had the Matilda fully researched before I purchased it. I went for vents, EGLD, rammer, but maybe I'll swap the rammer for a spall liner...

Anyway, the benefits of full research before purchasing (which is another joy of low tiers):

This was my first game with the Matilda.

Images
Covered for size and pewpew.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...the AMX38's managing to make it to the enemy capture point totally unscathed does amuse me.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:11   Link #3314
Sumeragi
Banned

You used some premium ammo, I see.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 12:15   Link #3315
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I was thinking of getting the 'tilda as my niche tank... but it looks like I must get it now since you are having one heck of a time with it

OTOH, I might actually be getting the French T5 heavy...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-02-26 at 12:57.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 12:25   Link #3316
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You used some premium ammo, I see.
It turned out to be totally irrelevant in this match, because none of the enemy tanks had enough armor to reliably resist a gun with an average 121mm penetration. I did load it for the Pz B2... but ended up shooting it in the frontal hull weakspot anyway.

As it is, though, the Matilda's final gun penetration, by the book, is not significantly improved by loading APCR.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:55   Link #3317
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I suggest you to drop all crew skill you have now and pick new ones

first, if you train Brother in Arms, you must do it for all the crew at once, 1 Crew member have Brother in Arms have no effect at all. same go for repair, fire fighting and Camo, those do have an effect if only 1 have it trained, but the effect are so small that it doesn't matter at all, so you should train it for all the crew at once.

sencond, Firefighting and Camo is almost useless for a T29, it rarely catch fire, if it do just use fire ext, T29 Camo is already bad, trainning it won't help it much, Camo skill is mean for tanks with good Camo to be even more hideous, not for tank with bad Camo, A T29 have all Camo skill trained still have worse Camo than most mediums.

also, remember that the xp needed to 100% skill double each time. IIRC, the first skill need 180k xp, second need 360k xp, third need 720k xp and so on.
I would do that Kimi, but I can't be bothered by it, I only play T29 to have fun at lower tiers.

As for my SP, T32, T34, M103, I went all repairs for the crew, so when someone trax me I get repaired almost instantly, since I have repair tool mod, Rammer, and Vents on all 4 of them, it will take awhile before i get the 2nd perks for them. Anyways I'll prolly do that all repairs on the 3rd perk for my T29, I only did those perks to test the water, I fairly still seem to do well, with or without perks.

Quote:
I had the Matilda fully researched before I purchased it. I went for vents, EGLD, rammer, but maybe I'll swap the rammer for a spall liner...

Anyway, the benefits of full research before purchasing (which is another joy of low tiers):

Images
Covered for size and pewpew.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...the AMX38's managing to make it to the enemy capture point totally unscathed does amuse me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I was thinking of getting the 'tilda as my niche tank... but it looks like I must get it now since you are having one heck of a time with it

OTOH, I might actually be getting the French T5 medium...

- Tak
Quote:
It turned out to be totally irrelevant in this match, because none of the enemy tanks had enough armor to reliably resist a gun with an average 121mm penetration. I did load it for the Pz B2... but ended up shooting it in the frontal hull weakspot anyway.

As it is, though, the Matilda's final gun penetration, by the book, is not significantly improved by loading APCR.
Matilda platoon, its much more amusing than KV 2, you want to know why. The reason is that its frontal armor is freaking hilarious and 2 pdr gun, I sit and quack out in the open while I laugh so hard at ppl trying to pen me in the front. Most tanks in the same there can't pen me. I also laugh how I punk a KV 1 group and still manage to do fairly well. The first set of perks I have on it is repairs, you'll need it if you want to quickly move after repairing from being tracked. My mods are Repair Tool, Vents, and Rammer. If I get my 3rd perk of BiA i could get 1.7 sec reload or 1.67 sec reload. As for spall liner I don't think its worth it, you'll still be a big target for arty because you move like a slug or tortoise. If you get that It would only just give you extra time, I screwed that, I would just sit there and quack and taunt players than can't damage me.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:58   Link #3318
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So, anyone with experience playing the BDR G1B? I am planning to get it eventually. It looks like its got a great gun and adequate mobility compared to other heavies.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 13:05   Link #3319
Sumeragi
Banned

The tier 5 heavy I fear the most when in my StuH 42.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 13:14   Link #3320
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

btw Kimi does it reset the XP if you drop the perk? If it does then i'm not gonna drop it since i'm the 2nd set of perks.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks