AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-04-08, 13:00   Link #1
duckroll
綺羅星★!

sCRYed Alteration

http://www.s-cry-ed.net/event/
http://www.presepe.jp/m44/show/id/xdzV-g8h1KQ=

For the 10th anniversary of the sCRYed series, Sunrise has announced that they will produce two re-edit movies covering the entire series. It will be based on digital remastered footage from the 26 episode TV series, along with newly created footage, and the movies will be redubbed from scratch. The same original core staff are supervising the process.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 13:04   Link #2
delirium
Banned

I remember when sCRYed and Mars Daybreak were airing in Japan. Maaaan, that was so long ago. Thanks so much for making me feel old. :<
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 14:33   Link #3
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

The first though I had

''sCRYed is 10 years old!?''

but yeah, nice to see that were getting something relatively new here. Hopefully they actually end on a better note lol
Old 2011-04-09, 02:50   Link #4
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
As if it was ever a good enough show to deserve an anniversary...
Time for a Mars of Destruction movie.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 03:17   Link #5
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
i wonder if it can squeeze the episodes in those two movies though as stated it will be done from scratch...

time flies by haha
Old 2011-04-09, 03:57   Link #6
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

jeez how i wish this is entirely animated from scratch again and not just re-edits an re-mastering like dragon ball kai did, but oh well at least Scryed is gonna be shown again
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 08:32   Link #7
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I'm looking forward to it. Always liked sCRYed just hoping for a better ending in some way.
Old 2011-04-09, 08:40   Link #8
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Whoa, sCRYed is ten years old? No wonder they're coming out with those posable figures.

I'm kinda surprised they'd do this, really. Don't get me wrong, I thought the show was awesome, but I didn't think sCRYed was popular enough to be remembered after so long.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 13:42   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I must admit I know next to nothing about sCRYed, but the promo art looks strangely like that Sacred Seven project they announced.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 16:06   Link #10
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Yeah, I know! I couldn't stand watching sCRYed beyond the first episode.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 16:24   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Time for a Mars of Destruction movie.
It was very popular in Newtype polls back in the day... and it's a better action show than most that preceded and followed it. I love how the last episode is just complete fighting fanservice.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 16:28   Link #12
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I remember sCRYed!

... Wow 10 years already? owo;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 17:17   Link #13
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It was very popular in Newtype polls back in the day... and it's a better action show than most that preceded and followed it. I love how the last episode is just complete fighting fanservice.
I remember how so many people hated the ending battle between Kazuma and Ryuhou, because it "didn't make any sense why they would fight." I thought it was quite possibly the most fitting ending to just about any series I have ever seen. I mean, seriously, if you get two late-adolescent guys with enough power to face-stomp entire armies, they are going to have a fight at some point just to pointlessly kick each other's asses for fun. It would have been out of character for them to not have a pointless fight.
Old 2011-04-09, 17:23   Link #14
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
I remember how so many people hated the ending battle between Kazuma and Ryuhou, because it "didn't make any sense why they would fight." I thought it was quite possibly the most fitting ending to just about any series I have ever seen. I mean, seriously, if you get two late-adolescent guys with enough power to face-stomp entire armies, they are going to have a fight at some point just to pointlessly kick each other's asses for fun. It would have been out of character for them to not have a pointless fight.
Yeah I remember the reactions from lots of people lol, "but but but they understand each other now, why are they fighting?" Well yeah they understand each other, and were far more similar than they would've thought possible, but it doesn't mean they like each other. Also Kazuma probably wanted a rubber match since Ryuhou stomped his ass so many times in the series.

Best part of last episode fight was when the altars were gone and it went to hand to hand...
Old 2011-04-10, 21:08   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'm with everybody else...........sCYed is 10 years old??? Thanks for making us feel old now. I remember when a buddy of mine from college was passing on the episodes to me.

Usually a "reboot/remake" = new ending, which is what I'm hoping for; I'm not that big on open endings.
Old 2011-04-10, 21:27   Link #16
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I dont know why there remastering this just because it 10 years old what they should of done is remake this to be 50+ episodes there so much they can do with this story

Here to hope they release it in the US to
Old 2011-04-11, 01:38   Link #17
Used Can

Ah... maaan. I really wanted them to animate the manga.
Old 2011-04-11, 10:34   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

The manga was good? I heard from a few people it was another one of those trash made at the same time as the anime manga series that run for a few volumes. But that was a long time ago...

Anyway I wonder if they're gearing up for a sequel or spinoff of sorts after these comp movies come out, similar to how Kiddy Grade did it.
Old 2011-04-11, 11:24   Link #19
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

The manga was... I just... don't even know. It was completely different in every way.

The manga had some really cool and creative alters, and gave off more of a "Mad-Max / hell on Earth" kind of vibe, with battles typically ending in a blood bath, rather than a nice, clean KO which seemed to happen in the anime more often than not. It was a good atmosphere, and I thought the anime could have used a little more of it.

The characters were awful, though. It seemed like 9/10 of the characters were simply there to walk in, trash-talk, demonstrate how insane and sadistic they were, and then get bashed to death. The other 1/10 were the main characters, so they didn't die, but were still insane and sadistic, and more linear than a mechanical rabbit on a dog track.

Now, if they could merge the characters from the anime with the alter and world designs of the manga, that would be amazing.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:38   Link #20
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Best part of the manga was the alters, I agree absolutely. That being said, I thought that the anime had a more visible passion about it that the manga failed to capture fully, so I still consider the anime the superior story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I must admit I know next to nothing about sCRYed, but the promo art looks strangely like that Sacred Seven project they announced.

...this thread is just full of surprises ...

Sacred Seven is most likely the spiritual successor of sCRYed, just with more appealing art style. Though it remains to be seen if it can be as hotblooded as sCRYed was.

I do admit that there's an uncanny similarity between the two (SUnrise recyling ideas and repacking them as new?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah I remember the reactions from lots of people lol, "but but but they understand each other now, why are they fighting?" Well yeah they understand each other, and were far more similar than they would've thought possible, but it doesn't mean they like each other. Also Kazuma probably wanted a rubber match since Ryuhou stomped his ass so many times in the series.

Best part of last episode fight was when the altars were gone and it went to hand to hand...
Lol, I didn't mind that they fought again in the last episode, it was admittedly, the most fitting ending for the show. My problem was how it felt like the show sort of dragged on to give us that ending (admittedly. I might need to rewatch the show to remember what was it I felt that made it drag)