AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-02-09, 02:45   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

DBZ HD is also rumored to be 100 episodes, good bye horrible filler if that's the case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
RAINBOW Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - this one has some serious potential based on the brief summary. I'm curious to know who's behind the wheel for this project.
I'm hoping for Madhouse to be behind that project personally.

Quote:
Tears to Tiara - I don't know about this one. Tales of the Abyss has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth as far as RPG/game anime goes.
Have you seen Utawarerumono? The Tears to Tiara game was made by the Leaf who also did Utawarerumono, Tears has the same director as Uta as well as other staff. Watch Uta if you haven't seen it!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 02:58   Link #22
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Have you seen Utawarerumono? The Tears to Tiara game was made by the Leaf who also did Utawarerumono, Tears has the same director as Uta as well as other staff. Watch Uta if you haven't seen it!
Utawarerumono is one of my favourite animes, so I'll probably take a look... however, I don't think Tears will have UtaMono's best feature: the heaps of cute catgirl moments. Hopefully it has an interesting design motif like Uta did.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 20:39   Link #23
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
DBZ HD is also rumored to be 100 episodes, good bye horrible filler if that's the case!
There aren't 191 episodes of filler....

Unless you mean that they are pretty much reworking all the screenplays and shortening the series to 1/3 of the original, which indeed would remove filler content of every legit episode, which would pretty much mess up the whole series and I really doubt the long-time fans would wish for that.

I don't know where did you get that rumor from, got any source for that? However the number 100, 106 more exactly is the last episode of the Frieza saga, so if what you say is true they are just remastering those 2 sagas and not doing, leaving for later the Cell and Buu saga.

Either way, I'll wait until seing the source of your rumor.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 20:47   Link #24
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
FMA 2, oh yay.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 16:26   Link #25
NDK
ArtRodriguez

I only look forward to the Hayate OVA's and second season sadly.
NDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 17:06   Link #26
Oppius
Banned

I forgot to put my own first impression in the OP so don't mind I put here. It takes lot of time to figure each series.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist (Will never watch)

Even they remake it again, there still no guarantee for me to watch it. Who cares about it anyway. The 2005 version failed with me and I rater smash my PC than watch it.

2. Shangri-La (May not watch it)

I just don't like its premise. Turning Japan into a tropical country is bad idea. You can do better than Gonzo.

3. K-ON (May watch it)

Well, I don't know how to begin with but KyoAni was rumored behind it. So far this might be a choice even I do not appreciate J-Pop songs that much.

4. Eden of the East (Reserved)

No screenshots available as I typing this. I bet this show just too 'heavy' for most casual anime fans like me. I also don't like using terrorists as bad guys because I afraid of some bad stereotypes might happen.

5. Guin Saga (May not watch it)

Its not I living in in 1990's, the last time I saw a poster like that, like a SNES game. Everything else doesn't hook me either.

6. Winter Sonata (Will never watch it)

Are Japanese crazy? Winter Sonata is the worst K-Drama I ever seen in my life and now some Japanese wants it anime-ted? After South Korea enraged with Hetalia and now they try to improve their relationship with that country by turning this crap into anime. I doubt it.

7. Sengoku BASARA (May watch it)

The first entry of video game adaptations cornucopia. Even though Devil May Cry was Capcom's failure but I hope this show will be quite decent to watch. Maybe I shouldn't put too many hope in it too.

8. Konnichi wa Anne (Will never watch it)

I don't to start anything bad about this show.

9. Senjou no Valkryia: Gallian Chronicle (May watch it)

Another video game adaptation. I like its premises even though I think this show will be better if its use proper WW2 setting instead. Let's hope it wouldn't suck.

10. Pandora Hearts (May not watch it)

A shouta boy, a tsundere girl and fujiyoshi young man. I start to have some bad feelings about this show right now. Another bad thing is XEBEC made this show, my least favorite anime studio. This also another shoujo show in this year which makes me stay away from it even further. I wish I was wrong on this one.

11. Saki (May not watch it)

Another loli jailbat show by GONZO after Strike Witches. I have feeling that this show may an Azumanga Daioh and Hikaru no Go ripoffs, just like its premises. Teaching kids to gamble huh?

12. Cross Game (Will never watch it)

Craps from 1980's should stay at 1980's, not 2009.

13. Queen Blade (May watch it)

A brutal version of Koihime Musou? I doubt it. The guilty pleasure of this season even though not the best one. Let's hope this show may not gain weight of its fanservices.

14. Hayate no Gotoku 2 (Will never watch it)

It may the best show in this season but unfortunately for I never seen the first one which this show will never get into my watch list, unless I get some access to the first one.

15. COBRA (Will never watch it)

I already have bad experience with Golgo 13 and I don't want it to happen again.

16. RAINBOW Nisha: Rokubo no Shichinin (Will never watch it)

By looking at its title I thought this will an anime adaptation of Rainbow Warrior conspiracy but unfortunate I was wrong. Better left this one in the darkness alone.

17. Asuka Cryin' (May not watch it)

Another harem shows in this season. Even though it sounds promising but I don't want my list filled with too many harem shows, which makes me like a pervert towards casual female anime fans. Unless someone else prove this one a good show then I may give it a try.

18. Hatsuko Gentei (May not watch it)

Very much like Asuka Cryin' up there, I also let someone else give better impression before I do. Maybe I should choose between Asuka Cryin' and this show to see which one is better. The only weird thing is the only known male character in this show is a very large and intimidating fella. I just don't want to think about making him as a hero.

19. 07-Ghost (Will never watch it)

Even though its not a yaoi show but I'm pretty sure that this one will appeal yaoi fangirls alike. Maybe there is lack of 'true' shows like last year's Junjou Romantica
and such. I rather castrate myself than watching this show even for few minutes.

20. Tears to Tiara (May not watch it)

A Druaga clone? Not really but it has some similarities like its premises. I know I shouldn't compare these two but the similarities between them just uncanny. Let's hope it wasn't like that.

21. Hanasekeru Seishounen (Will never watch it)

The horror! THE HORROR!!! Yet another reverse harem show with some politics. Very much like Colorcloud Palace(I forgot its Japanese title), another show which I don't like. Even falling from 20 storey height is not as painful as watching such shows.

22. Shinkyoku Soukai: Polyphonica Crimson S (Will never watch it)

Another sequel of an anime that I never watch before. The probability that I watch this show is 0.0000000001%.

23. Kiniro no Corda ~second passo~ (Will never watch it)

ARGHHH!!! Another reverse harem. Kill me now if I insane enough to watch it.

24. Tayutama -Kiss on My Deity- (May not watch it)

AH! My Goddess ripoff? Even though that was one of my favorites but I really don't like to see human fall in love with a god/goddess/deity/whatever so better let someone give better impression of it first.

25. Basquash (Will nver watch it)

The only shounen in this season, unless you count the harem shows as 'shounen' too. I don't to fill too many shounen shows in list again.

26. Fight Ippasu Juuden-chan (Will never watch it)

Just looking at its promotional poster will give you a bad feeling. This show may turn into a ecchi mess. Even me, a casual male anime fan will stay away from it as far as possible.

27. Phantom : Requiem for the Phantom (May not watch it)

I'm tired with this Mafia stuff. That's all I can say for it right now unless someone prove me that I was wrong.

28. Natsu no Arashi (May watch it)

It is too early to say this one is either comedy or harem show. I think it may both at same time. I think I should try it.

29. Beybalde, Bakugan, Mainichi Kaa-san, Sugar Bunnies and Jewel Pets (Will never watch it)

(Un)fortunately I am too old for this shows. Better let kids decide about it.

Honestly this season kinda uninteresting to me and I hope Summer will be better.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 17:17   Link #27
Nosauz

Will be watching
FMA Remake
Tears to Tiara
Cross game-> I'm an adachi nut, I've read pretty much everything though haven't started this one yet because I like to read his stuff in one sitting
Asura Cryin'

likely to watch
k-on
hatsukoi gentei
natsu no arashi
phantom

I'll probably check all of these out for 2-3 episodes then make my final list, but I'm kind of worried about any gonzo productions because the current resturturing

Last edited by Nosauz; 2009-02-14 at 17:22. Reason: its not like what i say will change the aboves opinions
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 19:09   Link #28
Falkor

@Amex_Yohko

You sure have the wrong impressions in a handful of shows right there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Pandora Hearts

A shouta boy, a tsundere girl and fujiyoshi young man. I start to have some bad feelings about this show right now. Another bad thing is XEBEC made this show, my least favorite anime studio. This also another shoujo show in this year which makes me stay away from it even further. I wish I was wrong on this one.
I'm not sure if your shoujo comment is directed towards this show, but Pandora Hearts is not shoujo, really. I do understand why people would distrust Xebec as much as they distrust Gonzo, but maybe you should take a closer look to the staff and the seiyuu cast. They are the people who are actually going to make the show, not the Studio. I'm not sure about you, but the trailer is giving me the right impression with Kajiura's music playing in the background.

Quote:
Saki

Another loli jailbat show by GONZO after Strike Witches. I have feeling that this show may an Azumanga Daioh and Hikaru no Go ripoffs, just like its premises. Teaching kids to gamble huh?
if anything, this show is going to be as far away from Strike Witches based on the general impression I'm getting from the trailer. As a manga reader, I would love to say that this show has nothing to do with gambling. Although I'm aware that mahjong is in itself a gambling game, Saki approaches the game in a different way, more akin to a sports anime/manga with lots of girls (try to imagine something like Bamboo Blade).

I do share some of your Gonzo bias, but comparing it to Strike Witches right off the bat is a bit far-fetched, don't you think? (that goes without including your loli comment, which is even more far-fetched).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 20:45   Link #29
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
14 - Will never watch
7 - May not watch
5 - May watch
1 - Reserved

So in short Amex, you're not gonna watch anything this spring for all the bashing you're doing above, may give a chance to 5, but end up hating from ep 1, instead of giving it a few eps so give the series a chance, thus results in nada.
Point taken

Febuary 10th for some magical cosmic reason happened to be the day when all Spring Anime series got their japanese websites updated with the first batch of news and trailers so check out the websites of all.
Eden of the East got their updated 5 days ago too, so screenshots and character designs are available.

My watches:
FMAFA (as it's called in japan now, for some reason they're calling it, 鋼の錬金術FA)
It'll always be 'hagaren' to me tho <3
Eden of the East

Maybe:
Senjou no Valkryia: Gallian Chronicle

I still will have Tale of Genji, Rideback and Kurokami to watch from the Winter season, they're all 11-13 eps I believe, so easy to marathon during the spring time

The rest don't look too appealing to me. Add on top the usual never ending shounen shows, i'll have about 6 series going, so it's quite enough

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 03:57   Link #30
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i know for sure i'll watch winter sonata. i have no idea why i do that to myself, but its like perfectly my type of show. the word ANGST is even in the description..

for a more detailed list, i'll wait for THAT to do their preview.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 05:51   Link #31
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Fullmetal alchemist :- Is it possibly a REBOOT @ SEQUEL? I was finished watchin the series plus the movie (posibbly already ended the series) since 2006 but now what?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 09:15   Link #32
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Denizen has issued the V2 of his overview so I add it here. I also take the opportunity to add my own compilation of new anime (excluding movies).

Series
OVAs
Sources are the upcoming anime lists of the fansubs wiki, anidb, ANN, neosam, and moonpase. I'm posting it as it was, without crosscheck with denizen's overview, but the one thing I seem to have missed is the Spice and Wolf OVA. Please PM me if you find errors, mere rumors, or broken links.
Old 2009-02-15, 16:42   Link #33
equinox

La corda d'oro <3
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 00:17   Link #34
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

I'll watch the FMA remake and maybe Winter Sonata because of the good comments I've been hearing from the original drama.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 02:01   Link #35
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Picking up:

Fullmetal Alchemist (Like this isn't on everybody's list already)
Shangri-La (Only if you-know-who stops the fan-services)
K-on (We'll see about this one)
Higashi no Eden (Very promising staffs)
Winter Sonata (I loved the original series)
Sengoku BASARA (The games were fun)
Valkyria Chronicles (The game seems to be very good)
Pandora Hearts (Pretty gothic costumes sold me)
Saki (Cute girls playing Mahjong? Good enough for me)
Asura Cryin' (Good character designs, but nothing seems interesting beyond that)
Hatsukoi Limited (The author have the greatest art style, hopefully the story don't dissapoint)
Tears to Tiara (The main character looks more interesting than his harem)
Natsu no arashi (SR author + Shinbou)
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 12:58   Link #36
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
6. Winter Sonata (Will never watch it)

Are Japanese crazy? Winter Sonata is the worst K-Drama I ever seen in my life and now some Japanese wants it anime-ted? After South Korea enraged with Hetalia and now they try to improve their relationship with that country by turning this crap into anime. I doubt it.
Actually Winter Sonata was incredibly popular in Japan. And really the only reason why they are making this into anime is money and that is it. Don't make some kind of weird speculation. Personally though this drama wasn't that good but lot of people did love it.

Anyhow I am really interested in FMA for now, just going to wait and see the how the other shows will be like.
Old 2009-02-16, 13:25   Link #37
Nosauz

duh clearly bakugan is going to be the sleeper hit of the spring season!!! here's my i told you so face :P

on a more serious note, If they upscale haruhi, I might actually watch that again, and i wish they would add continuing series from the winter so I could plan out my watching habits, because I still need to finish up some series from the fall that I just never got around to. Oh well the only thing I would probably add to the list is conan special though I haven't seen any new eps above 300, heres hoping for an entertaining self contained adventure.

@amex, if your gonna make snap judgements about anime/manga that you have never read then don't bother commenting or at least don't try to come off as if you know everything because clearly from your comments you have invested very little any of these series. I don't mind if you don't like this stuff, but have not even looked at the work and basically judge the works by the cover so to speak is pretty frivilous and not beneficial to people who are trying to shape up their viewing choices for the next season.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 18:45   Link #38
xia

My eyes were immediatly drawn to the prequel to Ann of Green Gables. I love Master Theater anime so thats a definate.

I'm having trouble reading it really so right now the only other things i'm looking forward to are Fullmetal Alchemist and Eden of the East.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 22:48   Link #39
zalem

I'm not very impressed with spring season this year. The only things I'm sure to watch are FMA, Eden of the East and 07 Ghost. Maybe Sengoku Basara, but given that I usually hate anime based on video games I'm kind of wary of that one.
Old 2009-02-17, 00:16   Link #40
blue skies
noch einmal?

I'm not really turning cartwheels over this spring season either. I'll definitely be watching Pandora Hearts because I love the manga like nothing else (even though they've done something bizarre with Alice's hair for the anime and she looks like a catgirl), and Eden of the East is a definite yes. I'll probably try the second season of La Corda d'Oro too, just for kicks and giggles.

But honestly, I'm looking forward to DOGS: Bullets & Carnage the most. Awesome manga is awesome, and I want to see some blood. Here's hoping the OVAs do it justice.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
japan