AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 13:16   Link #121
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
-Not liking unnecessary fanservice
There are a TON of anime with stupid ass fanservice galore, stop nitpicking over a petty 5 frames in this one (all of which was in context no less).
Old 2013-04-05, 13:18   Link #122
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That wasn't as good as i was hoping it would be, but there is still a lot of potential in this show. And I really hate those God damn character designs...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:25   Link #123
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
stop nitpicking over a petty 5 frames in this one
In my defense he asked how, all I did was answer.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:34   Link #124
Folenfant
Banned

I found the cast pretty damn insufferable to start for various reasons. The episode was alright though whenever nobody was talking and they just focused on mecha combat but still not a good sign.

Also DuelGundam I am a mecha fan and currently puzzling over how that was supposed to be anything like Gundam or how it entered the discussion on this thread as a comparison. I guess it really only can be because there are a lot of non mecha fans watching this and that is there only frame of reference but I can safely say this did not give me any gundam vibes aside from having the same designer as the Seed franchise.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:41   Link #125
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Don't like chara designs, but mecha designs are cool. They better not gattai though (like having 5 different units is like shouting out... COMBINE ME!), since this isn't a super robot show. Didn't have high expectation of the show, and I'm glad I didn't because this didn't wow me at all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:55   Link #126
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
I found the cast pretty damn insufferable to start for various reasons. The episode was alright though whenever nobody was talking and they just focused on mecha combat but still not a good sign.
Well for one thing, the pacing and execution were a bit off. Some of the scenes seemed forced when they shoudn't be and things seemed like they were happening all at the same time. While the episode itself wasn't exactly fast-paced, it did suffer from some much needed exposition e.g. what the heck are those various groups with their acronyms fighting the aliens? What's that place where the "misfits" hail from? Are they taking their new assignment just a tad nonchalantly without questioning the logic behind it, esp. when they KNOW they're the bottom of the pack?

While I'm sure these will be answered (probably) in future episodes, it'd be awful hard to make a good impression with a lackluster first episode such as this.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:57   Link #127
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
They better not gattai though (like having 5 different units is like shouting out... COMBINE ME!), since this isn't a super robot show.
I kind of wish it was. And that they combined. But if we can have a real robot show with super robot ideals, I'm okay with that too.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:15   Link #128
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Don't like chara designs, but mecha designs are cool. They better not gattai though (like having 5 different units is like shouting out... COMBINE ME!), since this isn't a super robot show.
That's just what you think. On the other hand, the director himself confirms that Majestic Prince isn't any specific "type" of mecha show and is intentionally a mix, especially in the designs. The main robots -are- intentionally designed to be super robots, while the other GDF mechs are designed to be more like real robots to show the more militaristic side of the army and the larger gap between conventional weaponry and the main mechs. The enemy mechs are all designed to look like organic beasts to enhance the alien feel of the threat.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:24   Link #129
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Well for one thing, the pacing and execution were a bit off. Some of the scenes seemed forced when they shoudn't be and things seemed like they were happening all at the same time. While the episode itself wasn't exactly fast-paced, it did suffer from some much needed exposition e.g. what the heck are those various groups with their acronyms fighting the aliens? What's that place where the "misfits" hail from? Are they taking their new assignment just a tad nonchalantly without questioning the logic behind it, esp. when they KNOW they're the bottom of the pack?

While I'm sure these will be answered (probably) in future episodes, it'd be awful hard to make a good impression with a lackluster first episode such as this.
Its a little of that but mostly that l the characterization we got for the cast in the first ep was them being more or less moronic about things and lame ecchi style gags that added neither intrigue nor comedic value to their interactions. Its a terrible first impression to make even if they get less annoying later on.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:52   Link #130
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I actually enjoyed the comedy.

I'll probably keep watching if this series continues to be funny.

From the aliens' design and style I don't really think this show is to be taken with the same level of seriousness you'd do with other mecha shows.

I wouldn't be surprised if everything happens in the series for a reason so stupid I'd exhaust myself laughing non-stop.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:06   Link #131
Crontica

I've always disliked Hirai's character designs, they always look like something out of microsoft paint.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:31   Link #132
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Lol, new PV too! Full length, and in HD this time. Awesome.

I'm late to the party(like always), but this video was pretty cool. Downloading the first episode now.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:34   Link #133
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

how many episode?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:44   Link #134
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
how many episode?
It's a 2-cour anime, so 24-26 episodes.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:51   Link #135
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Seeing the similarities of the character designs from Gundam Seed.. the funny faces seem to be "forced" for me...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 20:18   Link #136
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I think this is going to be a 24 episode series unless I am thinking of Valvrave.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 21:14   Link #137
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well anther want to be hero fight jock who most likely going to get some one killed or at less hurt
Old 2013-04-05, 21:42   Link #138
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I was entertained but I am toning down my expectations a bit. In it for the music and some decent space combat. i don't expect to get much more out of this series.
Old 2013-04-06, 03:20   Link #139
Entravity

Entertaining and I enjoy the space combat. However, I'm not sure about everything else as it's fairly typical.
Old 2013-04-06, 03:48   Link #140
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I'll take any mecha anime even if it's typical...
The action in this serie is not that bad...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction