AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-11-26, 23:09   Link #761
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by index87 View Post
so does this mean the Daihaseisai arc is going to be 3 episodes instead of 6 / the first episode into the arc is certainly fast paced
All those titles are related to the Daihaseisai arc. And if you look closely, they're for 11, 12, and 13. You know, 3 episodes after 10.
Old 2010-11-27, 00:56   Link #762
tsunade666

the number of episode for index would still be the same 24 but the thing they are doing now is really in a fast pace one.
Old 2010-11-27, 03:23   Link #763
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

It isn't really fast-paced when you consider that JC staff's trying to focus more on action here. If we're going to focus on details, people would be complaining about it being too slow.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 10:46   Link #764
index87

yeah your right anime and light novels are different not that i know enough about anime to make the distinction
index87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 12:54   Link #765
Dr. Casey

I think there should be a story arc about the spinning loli maid and her many adventures.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 12:04   Link #766
Miraluka
Banned

I found Oriana's seiyuu, Yuzuki Ryoka, voiced Yanagisako Aomi in Railgun.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 08:56   Link #767
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, this is dissapointing.

Ranking for the shows of the season in Amazon

***,*32位 Ore no Imouto 1 【完全生産限定版】 [Blu-ray]
***,*57位 Index 2Ⅱ 第1巻〈初回限定版〉 [Blu-ray]
***,*73位 Milky Holmes 第1 [Blu-ray]

***,113位 Ika Musume1【初回限定特典(1分の1スケール触手切り落とし&缶バッジ)付き】
[Blu-ray]
***,160位 Hakuōki s2 第1 〈初回限定版〉 [DVD]
***,185位 Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt 特装版 第1巻 [Blu-ray]

***,215位 Yosuga no Sora Blu-ray 渚一葉
***,246位 Sora no Otoshimono S2 (フォルテ)第1巻 [Blu-ray]

***,327位 STAR DRIVER 輝きのタクト 1 【完全生産限定版】 [Blu-ray]
***,348位 Soredemo 1 [Blu-ray]

***,562位 World God only knows ROUTE 1.0 〈初回限定版〉 [Blu-ray]
***,593位 FORTUNE ARTERIAL フォーチュンアテリアル 赤い約束 Blu-ray 第1巻
***,844位 Arakawa under the bridge VOL.1(初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
**1,040位 MM! 第1巻 [Blu-ray]
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 10:13   Link #768
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So... Is there a reason some numbers are blanked out ? At least... That's what it looks like.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 14:11   Link #769
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, this is dissapointing.

Ranking for the shows of the season in Amazon

***,*32位 Ore no Imouto 1 【完全生産限定版】 [Blu-ray]
***,*57位 Index 2Ⅱ 第1巻〈初回限定版〉 [Blu-ray]
***,*73位 Milky Holmes 第1 [Blu-ray]

[...]
Is there a reason you find this disappointing? It's rank 57th out of all the DVDs/Blu-Rays at Amazon... that doesn't seem bad to me...? Unless you're saying it's disappointing because it's lower than OreImo (which isn't surprising -- it probably wasn't going to sell much more than the first season, which was a hit, but not a chart-topper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So... Is there a reason some numbers are blanked out ? At least... That's what it looks like.
The asterisks are just placeholders to keep things in alignment.
Old 2010-12-03, 14:33   Link #770
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Isell much more than the first season, which was a hit, but not a chart-topper).
Which sales more. The first or the second season? in terms of dvd sales per volume. Because season II is still ongoing.
Old 2010-12-03, 16:41   Link #771
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Which sales more. The first or the second season? in terms of dvd sales per volume. Because season II is still ongoing.
Huh? We're looking here at pre-orders of the first volume of Index II, which won't be released until January. I'm not sure what it'll sell yet, obviously, but Marcus H. said the pre-order ranking was "disappointing", but I'm not sure why. If you want a random guess, I suspect Index II will probably sell about the same as Index I in terms of sales/volume, but we'll see... it may have gotten a few additional fans coming off of Railgun.
Old 2010-12-03, 16:54   Link #772
tsunade666

ah so it's pre-order. I'm not familiar with that stuff to begin with. And I'm a bit confuse. On pre-order and the total sales of dvd because they don't seem to be the same for other shows and the dvd sales they had.
Old 2010-12-03, 17:01   Link #773
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And I'm a bit confuse. On pre-order and the total sales of dvd because they don't seem to be the same for other shows and the dvd sales they had.
Well, these are just pre-order rankings (placement) at one online store (Amazon), so isn't indicative of total sales yet. We don't know the actual number of pre-orders either -- just the relative rank. We should have an actual total sales number in early-February, and then we'll know.
Old 2010-12-03, 19:30   Link #774
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm actually expecting it to be higher than Oreimo. :P
Actually, I misread the information and thought that the rank value is actually how many copies sold. My bad.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-12-03, 20:13   Link #775
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Actually, I misread the information and thought that the rank value is actually how many copies sold. My bad.
well quality of both series is very different, not that indexII is not(generally)bad, oreimo id pure high quality,... well that argument goes to the trash seeing milky homes as 3rd ...i quess index II is too much action and too little moe for otakus nowadays.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:23   Link #776
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well quality of both series is very different, not that indexII is not(generally)bad, oreimo id pure high quality,... well that argument goes to the trash seeing milky homes as 3rd ...i quess index II is too much action and too little moe for otakus nowadays.
LOL
Is very well know these days the generic and cliche sells more in the right context, mind K-on! and OreImo.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 00:27   Link #777
TJR

Quote:
Oreimo was kinda primed to be the season favorite even before broadcast. With all the hype, we saw light novel sales explode (again, before broadcast already), and momentum has only increased. Furthermore, it's a new show and not a sequel, so there's serious potential for a massive hit.

Nevertheless, I like both shows a lot, so I'm happy as long as they both do well.

On another note, is anyone else bothered by the animation of Index this season? I love the image quality, and I think the show looks fabulous in general, particularly in terms of key animation and post production work. However, the motion seems to be less smooth than I normally expect from anime (first two episodes were fine), as if there's a lack of in-between frames (?).

I'm probably more sensitive to frame rates than most people though. Even with games, I'm easily distracted by lower rates (yet I'm unable to discern individual frames, such as in fighting games, and off-model in-between frames escape my notice completely).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 00:48   Link #778
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
On another note, is anyone else bothered by the animation of Index this season? I love the image quality, and I think the show looks fabulous in general, particularly in terms of key animation and post production work. However, the motion seems to be less smooth than I normally expect from anime (first two episodes were fine), as if there's a lack of in-between frames (?).

I'm probably more sensitive to frame rates than most people though. Even with games, I'm easily distracted by lower rates (yet I'm unable to discern individual frames, such as in fighting games, and off-model in-between frames escape my notice completely).
I notice that the animation qualities are strongest at the start and end of the arcs, and weakest in the middle of them. In a way I guess it makes sense.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 01:01   Link #779
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, they do suffer from a lack of production focus because of multiple releases for this season. Otome Youkai Zakuro and Milky Holmes tend to suck away some of the animation quality, with the latter more "visual entertainment" and comedy than Zakuro and Index II.

Old 2010-12-04, 01:37   Link #780
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Which reminds me that even though I don't watch OYZ (Otome Youkai Zakuro) and Milky Holmes I do sense that the former is quite well-produced even if the art style is not my kind of thing (shoujo-ish).

Speaking of that, I doubt OYZ will end at 12 episodes, if it is that means Index have an opportunity to improve their animation quality from there. And it seems that OYZ have quite the considerable budget spent on them as well, what with the big names... Nakahara Mai, Sakurai Takahiro, Hanazawa Kana etc.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, sci-fi, shounen