AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-10, 11:20   Link #18281
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
It isn't time to us have 'our' own TVtrope entry yet?
(well, not really 'our' since it should include any seitenkan doujin)
If anyone is actually going to do this, I'd like to mention that currently TVTropes has a lot of "regular editors" going on a backlash against anime. Including one of the site founders and maintainers (who locked a page against edits because he didn't like that the example image was from anime: the justification was, and I quote, "It was the mood that was on me. If you don't like it, take off.").

The Seitenkan project has gotten even more flak because it is both altering the canon too much (for being fanfiction) and not altering the canon enough (for being based around rewrites).

I'm not saying that You Should Not Do It, but more that if you do want to do it, be prepared to defend yourselves.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 11:34   Link #18282
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
If anyone is actually going to do this, I'd like to mention that currently TVTropes has a lot of "regular editors" going on a backlash against anime. Including one of the site founders and maintainers (who locked a page against edits because he didn't like that the example image was from anime: the justification was, and I quote, "It was the mood that was on me. If you don't like it, take off.").

The Seitenkan project has gotten even more flak because it is both altering the canon too much (for being fanfiction) and not altering the canon enough (for being based around rewrites).

I'm not saying that You Should Not Do It, but more that if you do want to do it, be prepared to defend yourselves.
Yeah, lets then come! We can handle that!!

Well, I was kinda joking. My thinking process was: "If some cheep genderbend F?SN web comic has a page, why we not?"

I would find awesome though. The seitenkan already has a handfull exemples in the site, anyway (has even a quote from Kaisos edit!). I would help to defend it, if necessery.

I just don't vonlunteer myself because my writing is not good. English is not even my native language.

PP:
Don't intent to talk ill about F/SN REverse. But I felt strange a small web comic (only 17 pages) having it own page on TVtropes.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-08-10 at 11:50.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 13:50   Link #18283
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Because if I have to use an inanimate possession of Kyonko's to make a tracking device, I'd ask for her panties.
One, you're a pervert. Two, she wouldn't take off her panties in front of a couple of guys and a girl that acts a little too friendly towards her for that. Three, you're a pervert. Four, it had to be something of value to her, and that she's worn for a long time. Five... have I mentioned you're a pervert?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 14:12   Link #18284
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
God I hate that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
The more heavy hitting theories should be saved for later, I think. Maybe this is a good time to discuss the odds of someone being born in he opposite gender. Or born intersexual. Mendellian odds say 50%, I think? And the odds for a large group of people is very large.
Now that Itsuko has had time to think about it, and that I know that you guys seem to want it, I'll probably have her pull out some stuff for Day 4 during their impromptu meeting and for Day 5 if Kyon ends up talking to her...

Man I know nothing about stuff like this. Please, everyone, suggest more half-baked theories you want to hear from Itsuko.

Quote:
As you said, nothing Itsuki says mean anything. He clarelly make it up on spot. Itsuko should do something similar. Like mentioning "cogito ergo sum" when theorysing they might not be real. Even if this was the case, the fact they think proves they exist, or something similar. She also could babble her original theorys, from novel1, about Haruki being god, when she says he might created another universe (obviusly, don't mean she would belive what she is saying). There are probably some other things she could say here, but I haven't had any idea for now.
Itsuko has taken up the side that they're not the real ones, thus they don't exist.

If anyone was going to say that, it'd be Mitsuuru, but I doubt he'd know that particular quote.

Quote:
Unrelated from the current discussion, but how would be the endless eight restaurant scene genderbended? Kyon proves he can be very similar to Haruki when he want. This mean Kyonko would enter in geki mode and act similar to Haruhi? I am curious now to see how it would work.
Most likely, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Four, it had to be something of value to her, and that she's worn for a long time.
Could also apply to panties.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 14:20   Link #18285
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
... Does anyone really value their underwear all that much? Besides, I doubt she wears the same pair on a regular basis.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-10, 14:23   Link #18286
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Cool story bro.
Quote:
Most likely, yes.
That makes Haruki kind of hard to work with. Since it won't work with him going angry the same way Haruhi did.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 14:32   Link #18287
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
That makes Haruki kind of hard to work with. Since it won't work with him going angry the same way Haruhi did.
This is why I make little reference to the rewrites in the script here... some scenes just don't work without a lot of weirdness sometimes...

Actually I can use that, too.
Old 2009-08-10, 14:45   Link #18288
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Since I don't know who to quote, I'll just say what I was thinking. Perhaps Itsuko, like Kyonko, felt rather terrified at the thought that they did not exist, thus leading to her being unable to come up with any philosophy/SF metaphysics ramblings. Or perhaps she felt the direness of the situation and refrained from making such theories?
Old 2009-08-10, 15:19   Link #18289
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

On this one page, there's a discussion about what kind of science fictiony, possibly physics-related and probably mildly confusing theories a character should ramble about. Also on the same page, there's a discussion about another character's panties, and how much that character values said panties.

...God, I love this thread.
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 15:24   Link #18290
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

It is fairly amusing how that sort of thing can happen, isn't it?
Old 2009-08-10, 15:38   Link #18291
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

And then next we're talking about what would be an appropriate masculine substitute for Haruhi's Tsun Tsun moe moe rage.
Old 2009-08-10, 15:45   Link #18292
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
And then next we're talking about what would be an appropriate masculine substitute for Haruhi's Tsun Tsun moe moe rage.
Them novel rewrites are still on the backburner. Of course that's only if no one's willing to take a shot at them. The option's always there.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 18:13   Link #18293
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

An alternative for Itsuko might be fashion analogies mixed with philosophical metaphor.

No I don't know any, but Itsuko always seems stylish rather than scientific.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:16   Link #18294
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I don't really like that idea. While it wasn't your intention, it could come across as a bit sexist.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:18   Link #18295
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
An alternative for Itsuko might be fashion analogies mixed with philosophical metaphor.

No I don't know any, but Itsuko always seems stylish rather than scientific.
I know nothing of fashion, either. And I don't want to make Itsuko stereotypically female, that's boring too.

Anyway, new writeup.

WARNING: DESCRIPTIVE IMAGERY. NOT TOO BAD THOUGH, I HOPE.

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe A: Clubroom- Separation:

Slight warning, I'm splitting The Grass is Always Greener into two parts, the second entitled "The Newborn" because it works better for my purposes that way.

Enjoy.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:27   Link #18296
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Tsuruya is awesome... we really should consider using him more
Old 2009-08-10, 18:31   Link #18297
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Things got really fucking creepy.

Also, Tsuruya is awesome.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:32   Link #18298
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Just be glad I'm not writing this stuff.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:57   Link #18299
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
I know nothing of fashion, either. And I don't want to make Itsuko stereotypically female, that's boring too.

Anyway, new writeup.

Slight warning, I'm splitting The Grass is Always Greener into two parts, the second entitled "The Newborn" because it works better for my purposes that way.

Enjoy.
Creepy.

Eh, I guess sometime you should go for that "dark" feeling you are aiming. Everything was just too 'normal'

I don't know, I think it was too sudden. First time Kyon-chan hear the greentext and she is already wanting to kill people. Shouldn't be a litle more gradual?

Also the "I’m dangerous." and "telling me to do horrible things to people." is a kind 'narm'. I mean, trying to be serious be being a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, Tsuruya is awesome. Also, Poor Kyonko.

Another thing, the The Grass is Always Greener should appear on screen as green right? It should have the same effect ass the greentext? Also, I guess you said early that some words would always be green, no matter who says it. I should assume that that words use the same effects as well?

PP:
It was early today eh? It isn't even night where you live (contrasting to the 4am posts).
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 18:59   Link #18300
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:

Anyway, new writeup.

Enjoy.
I loved this scene best out of all the scenes thus far. Ah~ I can imagine it now... Kyonko standing in the middle of the room, her body covered head to toe in the blood of those she had been so close to while the blood slowly and silently drips off the ends of her hair and the tips of her fingers... and at the same time, she's laughing... laughing without restraint, laughing without any to stop her, and no reason to stop... standing there with such a crazed and gleeful expression that gives one the feeling that she's reached nirvana... Ah~

-

-

-

-

-

EDIT: Oops.

EDIT2: That should be a bad end.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan