AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-14, 10:10   Link #21
KBTKaiser

Sadly, I dunno how to field that one since I don't use wtfast. I think the fix for that was mentioned in the archives of /m/ when they had a general thread, which sorta died out in the past 2 months. Try using the search term MSGO or the full game name.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 10:17   Link #22
Tiberium Wolf

Even without the wtfast on the shortcut gives the same error... nothing appear in google search... I think I'll give up. Too much wasted BW.
Old 2014-04-01, 01:08   Link #23
AgentOrange91

IGN - Skarin
AgentOrange91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 17:41   Link #24
ViralFate

IGN - VFate
ViralFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 03:28   Link #25
VFX2vajra

InGameName - VFX
VFX2vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 19:22   Link #26
DapperBMarrs

Greetings! I'm interested in playing this game but the launcher refuses to open the game :,( I was hoping someone could help me by reviewing the video I uploaded to see if I did anything wrong! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJYK...ature=youtu.be This game looks awesome, and I hope to play one day
DapperBMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 19:24   Link #27
Lariandark

Hello i just found about the game a day ago and landed here somehow...

Is there still an english comunity playing Gundam online and is there still a mumble working (the one linked don't work for me) ?

If there is ,i may try it and see as well did the game evolve a lot in the past year ?

Thanks a lot ^_^
Lariandark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:02   Link #28
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariandark View Post
Hello i just found about the game a day ago and landed here somehow...

Is there still an english comunity playing Gundam online and is there still a mumble working (the one linked don't work for me) ?

If there is ,i may try it and see as well did the game evolve a lot in the past year ?

Thanks a lot ^_^
Gundam Online is a pretty neat game. I loved playing it a couple months back, but the problem I ran in to is that I'm far too stingy on money to spend it on a VPN/Proxy service like WTFast (which is basically a perfect program for playing games like this with region IP bans). All things considered, it ranks among my favorite MMOs.

All of the Goonsquad information that was posted is pretty much dead and out of date. The translation is about 90% accurate at this point, as some things have changed and so there's a weapon type or two with a stat that's not listed, so you'll have to figure it out some other way (for the most part it's pretty straightforward).

The in-game clan is 'active'. There are some people who were playing the game still when I joined it. Occasionally they would invite me and we would engage in our respective duties wordlessly. The fact that they mysteriously invited me and we never actually talked a single time was fine by me, so I don't even know if those members actually spoke English.

So I guess the answer to your question is that there is no longer an active English-speaking community. I suspect the VPN/Proxy problem is the biggest cause of this. The game has evolved though, with new suits and maps, and the game is still very active in Japan with them having plenty of players and running events.

If you start playing Gundam Online, hopefully it works out nicely for you. I know I enjoyed it. Expect to be a loner though.
Old 2014-04-28, 13:12   Link #29
Lariandark

Thanks

Hello Traece thanks a lot for the reply .

Sems i have a strange problem here ..... after all the steps are done account creation,download the instaler it give me a strange screen and don't instal anything .

Wtfast running in tokyo,japaness time zone on my clock and unicode japaness on computer nothing sems to affect it the game don't sems to wana update itself.

From the loock of it i woud say it may be an error not enouth space left on disk to instal the game ,but i have no idea about japaness at all .

So here's the link to a screenshot of the error all help you can provide will be amazing ^_^

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/7715/12cu.png
Old 2014-04-28, 15:13   Link #30
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariandark View Post
*snip*
Sadly, I don't know the game well enough to be able to answer your question, and I know Japanese even less than I know the answer. There's a pretty good chance that you need to clear up at least 1 GB of space on your hard drive though if you're intending to install this game, as it's a full-sized game with a large number of assets.

/m/ has an active board for MSGO, and so I recommend taking a look at their board for questions like this. As abrasive as 4chan users can often be, it's the only active English community I'm aware of. http://boards.4chan.org/m/thread/107...-gundam-online
Old 2014-04-28, 15:41   Link #31
Lariandark

Ok thanks a lot i'll try that tomorow ^_^

And for size i try installing it on another hard drive i have six each has at least 400 giga free ... hope it's not they'r remaining size detection that's messed up
Old 2014-05-04, 19:41   Link #32
anova620

Hello, I made an account in order to repond to this forum. This seems to be the best guide for this game that I've found online. So, first of all, thank you so, so much!

I am massive Gundam fan, and just recently came upon this game. At least a year late, of course, but anyway.

I have the game running and I've been shortening the life of my PC (and myself) with binge-sessions. I had a couple of questions...

On the subject of stat upgrades, when you say the maximum amount is 110%, does that mean you can increase the stat an additional 10%? Or that you can eventually more than double it? The latter would make sense considering how strong everyone online seems, but that might be my extreme inexperience with the genre :P

What do you consider the most important MS stats? The first three? Armor, Movement, Boost Cap?

I thought I had more, and I'm sure they'll come to me as I play. Again, thank you so much for the excellent work!

Edit:
Any idea on some of these tickets and how to use them?
Seasonal Ticket, Play Bonus Ticket, Deck-Cost Ticket
I'm just reading the katakana off of these, but I just can't find anywhere to use them!
anova620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 00:04   Link #33
KBTKaiser

It's an extra 10% of the base stat, so something with a stat of 1500 will max out at 1650.

The Most important stat of an MS in this game is the Capacity/Carry Weight, followed by Speed.

There's a hidden stat called balance, which is used to determine stagger/knockdown. Having excess carry weight space increases your balance as well as your boost speed. I believe the current trend is if you have around 100-150 extra balance from space not used for weapons, only a Bazooka weapon rated for 7000 damage rating will be able to knock you down, for example.

As for the tickets...

Seasonal Ticket: You use these to unlock pilot appearance options from the main menu.

Play Bonus Ticket: This is the "thank you for playing every day" currency for the trading post in the shop. You need 30 or 50 tickets to buy a gold blueprint of some rare units like South Burning's GM Custom or Shiro Amada's Ez8, to give an example from the Fed list.

Deck Cost Ticket: These are used in the main customization menu, near your overall deployment cost indicator(somewhere in the numbers of like 600 of 800 cost used and such). For 10 tickets, you can increase your deployment cost limit by 300 for 30 battles.
Old 2014-05-05, 03:23   Link #34
anova620

Wow, incredible. Thank you Kaiser. I'd have never guessed the importance of capacity, but I've noticed it making a huge difference. Also, it looks like the "Balance" stat isn't hidden anymore; it's displayed with the bonus to boost
It looks like you can only get "Module" parts and color-spray from the item-draw after combat? Modules look like they provide good bonuses in exchange for deck-cost and respawn time.
On weapons: What is the most important stat for them? For any given weapon type, say a machine-gun, is it a matter of preference for which one you choose or is the last one in the tree always best?
Like I said, I know I'm way behind, but is there any translation for the challenges/daily challenge requirements? It looks like it rewards 50k GP and 10 EX gachapon tickets a day. That'd really help a noob out :3
Thank you so much for all the help! Any other tips or links would be greatly appreciated, although this has been the only still-standing source I've found.
I mostly play a healer, though I love my Gelgoog-Cannon. IGN: マルカム
anova620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 03:58   Link #35
KBTKaiser

each weapon variant has its pros and cons. say, the H, has higher overall stats, but lower damage, the M which has more shots, but much lower damage, or the F which trades everything for damage.

Also, for the challenges, it's faster to ask in the 4chan /m/ thread of the game, they help translate that stuff regularly since it varies for everyone.
Old 2014-05-15, 13:40   Link #36
onesun

Soy u know u can cope all gundamonline folder from ur friend and DL to ur pc is gonna work .If u got same problems us im [internet crashes]. Is there manual updater? cus i dont wanna cope files from my friend all time
onesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 19:05   Link #37
KBTKaiser

if you're getting the update loop, set your windows clock to Japan time when patching.
Old 2014-05-21, 03:03   Link #38
shaniji

IGN - Shaniji
shaniji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 21:00   Link #39
shikage

Perhaps someone here can help me get this game running once more...

I played this game back when it initially came out and was able to get it to run without too much trouble. I stopped playing for quite awhile and have now decided to try playing once more but the game will no longer start. I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game with no luck. I have installed the game with my region settings and unicode language set to Japan as well as my clock set for Tokyo time. The patcher runs great and tries to launch the game but at this point nothing happens. I get the busy pointer for a few seconds then it goes away and the game never even hits a title screen or attempts to load.

I am running on Windows 8 but this hadn't been a problem when I first started playing so I don't think it is a compatibility issue. Anyone have any suggestions?
shikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 01:17   Link #40
KBTKaiser

there was a compatibility patch for 8.1 half a year back, so that shouldn't be the issue...

And you say you wait for only a few seconds? I think you may need to wait longer. I'm running a a 5.5 year old laptop on Windows 7 and it takes up to 10 seconds for the client window to pop up depending on how clogged my comp is.

Tags
game, gundam online, msgo