Wow, ep 10 is just.. awesome!
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 08:46   Link #282
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Yeah it was a very good episode. Easily the best of the series. Here's hoping episode 11 can carry that on.
Old 2009-12-05, 09:59   Link #283
kemal_1915

I love Mokkania's arc most so I am biased.
I will have a higher standard.

And I am not happy

They changed a lot here and those changes decreased the depth and its ingenuity.
That mock man is one of the smartest guy in this series. His plan should be more detail but they have changed it.
Spoiler for His plan:

They have also missed a lot of Mokkania's eccentric behaviors. Those behaviors should give hints about Mokkania's personality.
Spoiler for His behavior:

The action was okay though I expected more.
The major problem was the pacing. It was too fast, really too fast
And I don't want them to finish this arc in 2 eps. I hope they can slow it down and span it into 3 eps.

Last edited by kemal_1915; 2009-12-05 at 10:46.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 20:01   Link #284
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

@kemal_1915

Hey, since you seem to be familiar with the story in general, I wanted to ask you based on the current pace of the series, how much material would get covered by this season (since I doubt there will be a second one)?

Specifically, is anything going to be resolved regarding Hamutz Meseta and her general story? So far all we have to go on is that she wants someone to challenge her, but is her character going to develop anymore than that?

I would at least like some kind of resolution regarding her, since she does seem to be the main character (and to be fair, she is also my favorite character).

More than anything though, I'm wondering if this series has a natural conclusion and whether the anime is building to that conclusion or is it just going to be a series of semi-related story arcs?

Anyhow, thanks in advance; I appreciate you answering people's questions.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 20:34   Link #285
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
Specifically, is anything going to be resolved regarding Hamutz Meseta and her general story? So far all we have to go on is that she wants someone to challenge her, but is her character going to develop anymore than that?

I would at least like some kind of resolution regarding her, since she does seem to be the main character (and to be fair, she is also my favorite character).
I wonder if the concept of "main character" would exist in the series at all but I'm another who finds the weakness of this series would be that the regularly-appearing characters feel rather simplistic and I am wondering if there are possibilities they, especially, Hamutz, can be developed into something interesting or at least convincing.

Quote:
More than anything though, I'm wondering if this series has a natural conclusion and whether the anime is building to that conclusion or is it just going to be a series of semi-related story arcs?
About clear-cut conclusions, I wonder...outside of each episode, it seems to be designed to be never-ending stories which are interwoven each other, which, personally find the charm of this series. At least, if someone expects typical anime formats from this series, he/she will be most likely disappointed.

Last edited by Tale; 2009-12-05 at 20:47.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 22:21   Link #286
Minamino_Yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
They have also missed a lot of Mokkania's eccentric behaviors. Those behaviors should give hints about Mokkania's personality.
Spoiler for His behavior:
Kemal-san, could you please give us some information about Mokkania? I liked him very much. Since he's supposed to be as powerful as Meseta I was also expecting they would spend 3 or 4 chapters on his arc
Please spoil us about his personality, I really want to know more.
Thanks in advance.
Minamino_Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 22:22   Link #287
kemal_1915

Quote:
@kemal_1915

Hey, since you seem to be familiar with the story in general, I wanted to ask you based on the current pace of the series, how much material would get covered by this season (since I doubt there will be a second one)?

Anyhow, thanks in advance; I appreciate you answering people's questions.
I thought it would stop at volume 6. However, after this ep, I don't know how far they want to go.
Actually, the first 6 volumes are focused on characters so it looks like a series of short story. But starting from volume 7, it begins to reveal the main plot of the whole story and put less focus on depicting characters.
So I think volume 6 is a good place to stop. Moreover, in the last 9 eps, 3 eps + 1 bridging ep combined into an arc. 6 times 4 is 24 which is the possible length.

I would like to have season 2, too. However, according to its reception, I don't think it is possible.

Hamyuts is the mystery. We will know a little bit of her past in the following volumes. But the real deal is in volume 10 which will be published in Jan 2010. So, we don't know her whole story until now.

The general story is clear now and it is far beyond your imagination. I can say Yamagata-san created a new world in every volume after volume 6. Every time you think you understand their world, the next volume totally overthrow that understanding. And it is awesome! I can't wait to see the conclusion in volume 10. Its name is "Armed Librarian and the power of the world".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
I wonder if the concept of "main character" would exist in the series at all but I'm another who finds the weakness of this series would be that the regularly-appearing characters feel rather simplistic and I am wondering if there are possibilities they, especially, Hamutz, can be developed into something interesting or at least convincing.

About clear-cut conclusions, I wonder...outside of each episode, it seems to be designed to be never-ending stories which are interwoven each other, which, personally find the charm of this series. At least, if someone expects typical anime formats from this series, he/she will be most likely disappointed.
Before those regularly-appearing characters' arc comes (e.g. Mirepoc), they will not be the focus. So they have so little development.
I also think this is Yamagata-san's weak point. He is too focus on telling story. If any character or anything doesn't relate to the main plot, he gives them minimal appearance and development.
Actually, those unrelated stuff can make the story fun. This is what other animes, mangas and light novels excels in, i.e. characters go crazy and do some silly things, isn't it fun? And this one of the reason why this series isn't popular.
Old 2009-12-06, 02:06   Link #288
kyouray
2D > 3D

Nice episode indeed, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to watch the next episode with a promising fight and info about Mokkania's past.
Spoiler for episode 10:

I've found some nice pictures on a random japanese board (It may interest some people so I uploaded the pictures)

Are these eyecatchs ? It seems Crunchyroll cut them.
Old 2009-12-06, 04:53   Link #289
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
+1

before she only battle weaksauce and stuff but finally a damn strong opponent, she is gonna have so much fun.

and Feekie is such a useless character, waste of time lol, poof he is gone just like that lulz
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 06:17   Link #290
Anomandaris

Quote:
That mock man is one of the smartest guy in this series ...
Just wondering ... exactly how does one 'advance' from being a Mock Man to being a True Man? 'cos based on this episode, it doesn't seem to be based on ability ...

Are True Men simply arbitrarily appointed by the Governor of Paradise? And if, True Men only exist to fufil their desires ... I'm beginning to suspect that Hamy might be a 'True Women', who lives only for the thrill of battle, which might explain her link to the governor
Anomandaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 06:55   Link #291
kuru moon

Wow! really entertaining episode.

Mockman plan would failed easily, if Mokkania refused to ate Argax... well, eating something from stranger was not a good thing, even a child know that.
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 08:57   Link #292
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Nice episode indeed, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to watch the next episode with a promising fight and info about Mokkania's past.
Spoiler for episode 10:

Are these eyecatchs ? It seems Crunchyroll cut them.
Spoiler for Winkeny's ability:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
Feekie is such a useless character, waste of time lol, poof he is gone just like that lulz
He is not weak but his opponent is much stronger than him. His ability is suitable for assassination only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomandaris View Post
Just wondering ... exactly how does one 'advance' from being a Mock Man to being a True Man? 'cos based on this episode, it doesn't seem to be based on ability ...

Are True Men simply arbitrarily appointed by the Governor of Paradise? And if, True Men only exist to fufil their desires ... I'm beginning to suspect that Hamy might be a 'True Women', who lives only for the thrill of battle, which might explain her link to the governor
Mock Men can't turn himself into True Men. The Governor of Paradise goes around the world and finds people who dedicate on their own desire whole-heartedly. He appoints them as the True Men. For those who join the Chruch without this dedication could become Mock Men only.
Hamyuts thinks like a True Man but she is not. It's because......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru moon View Post
Wow! really entertaining episode.

Mockman plan would failed easily, if Mokkania refused to ate Argax... well, eating something from stranger was not a good thing, even a child know that.
Winkeny's plan is smarter than this.
Spoiler for His plan:
Old 2009-12-06, 18:55   Link #293
Minamino_Yuki

Thanks a lot, Kemal for your explanings and spoilers!!
Minamino_Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 19:10   Link #294
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow ep 10 ! Rofl the maid !!! I knew that she was strong maybe the 2nd boss , because she give orders to the others except Hamyut .
That was fast for Feekie . Ants own
And , Hamyut who took the spider sword .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:55   Link #295
Tale

Thank you for your reply, kemal.

Quote:
The general story is clear now and it is far beyond your imagination. I can say Yamagata-san created a new world in every volume after volume 6. Every time you think you understand their world, the next volume totally overthrow that understanding. And it is awesome! I can't wait to see the conclusion in volume 10. Its name is "Armed Librarian and the power of the world".
It seems to be quite a fun to follow the series.

Quote:
Before those regularly-appearing characters' arc comes (e.g. Mirepoc), they will not be the focus. So they have so little development.
I also think this is Yamagata-san's weak point. He is too focus on telling story. If any character or anything doesn't relate to the main plot, he gives them minimal appearance and development.
That's not only that. For example, in this story arch, although it's only started, the character of Winkeny seems to be more "realistic" than that of Mokkania... I know describing "realistic" something in an imaginary world is rather odd but I found some characters are exaggeratedly unrealistic...(well, I know it's usual in anime/manga but...) For example, Noloty and Volken are extremely pure while Hamuts is rather psycho. I agree with you that madness is an important factor in drama but I'd like it to be more convincing. A good writer can make us the readers think that they might do the same thing if they were in the shoes of his/her imaginary characters...

That said, after reading your replies to other people here, I began to think that I'd better wait till the story advances a little... I find it one of the charms of this series...like an mystery novel, it makes the audiences want to advance in a maze and look into the next corner, where a surprise waits...
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 11:37   Link #296
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ow ep 10 ! Rofl the maid !!! I knew that she was strong maybe the 2nd boss , because she give orders to the others except Hamyut .
That was fast for Feekie . Ants own
And , Hamyut who took the spider sword .
Actually, other Armed Librarians trust her more than Hamyuts. The reason is very obivous - Hamyuts' personality

She couldn't fight Mokkania without Schlamuffen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
That's not only that. For example, in this story arch, although it's only started, the character of Winkeny seems to be more "realistic" than that of Mokkania... I know describing "realistic" something in an imaginary world is rather odd but I found some characters are exaggeratedly unrealistic...(well, I know it's usual in anime/manga but...) For example, Noloty and Volken are extremely pure while Hamuts is rather psycho. I agree with you that madness is an important factor in drama but I'd like it to be more convincing. A good writer can make us the readers think that they might do the same thing if they were in the shoes of his/her imaginary characters...

That said, after reading your replies to other people here, I began to think that I'd better wait till the story advances a little... I find it one of the charms of this series...like an mystery novel, it makes the audiences want to advance in a maze and look into the next corner, where a surprise waits...
I have to admit that the adaptation and execution of the anime is bad. The control of pace, the monologue of character and the action sequences didn't persent well. So, it make you feel unrealistic.
In fact, the character depiction in the first two arcs is the weakest. Mokkania, Volken and Noloty's back story will make them more realistic. They are the purest people in that world but that is a harsh and ruthless world. You will learn to cherish their pureness later after you learn the truth of their world.
Old 2009-12-12, 00:51   Link #297
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
eps 11 is awesome

but how was the fight compare to the novel? i personally think it is a bit lackluster

how did hamut meseta survive from being drown anyway :-/

also why didn;t Hamrut meseta throw rock with her left hand and Schlamuffen with her right hand? more deadly that way.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 02:34   Link #298
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

The preview looks interesting. We're gonna get some background story about Hamyuts and her relationship with the other Armed Librarian. Is it me, or I get a feeling she was some sort of klutz in the past?
Old 2009-12-12, 08:13   Link #299
kuru moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
The preview looks interesting. We're gonna get some background story about Hamyuts and her relationship with the other Armed Librarian. Is it me, or I get a feeling she was some sort of klutz in the past?
I think so, but it may be anime original.

EP11 pace was too rush. We don't even know what will happen with the imposter, and many things about Mokkania need more clarification.
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 08:20   Link #300
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru moon View Post
EP11 pace was too rush. We don't even know what will happen with the imposter, and many things about Mokkania need more clarification.
I don't think we needed to know the fate of the imposter Mother, and i found that we were told everything we needed to know about Mokkania.

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen