Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 19:33   Link #121
Dnous
wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
You forgot.....
Itachi is in there!
Isnt Itachi already be an influence to Sasuke???
Also, Kabuto can command these zombies to shut their mouth....

Also you forgot the word "RELAX"

Kabuto said that TObi should relax.....

Kabuto said "YOU CAN RELAX, I HAVEN'T TOLD A SOUL"

Because TOBI is shaking that Kabuto might reveal the truth to everyone!
It's nice that you're so convinced about your theory, but can you stop using caps to make your point?. It's not pleasant to read.

And I personally hope it isn't related to his identity, but to his secret of surviving a amaterasu in the face. Madara not being Madara doesn't seem that interesting anyway. It's kinda lame to be honest.
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:44   Link #122
Nite-Wing

So now Kabuto has the advantage over Madara and is at the same time betraying him.
I honestly have lost all faith in killerbee
after beating down all of Taka I thought he was smarter than that. Truly a dissapointing turn for the character.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:47   Link #123
Akachou

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I know you couldn't be talking about Obito since he is an unimportant character and he died
He maybe died, but that doesn't make him an unimportant character. In fact, he has influenced Kakashi's life more than anyone else.

Quote:
And, Zetsu's card in the Naruto Shippūden card game shows that he is from Konoha...but that is not exactly canon .
If he were from Konoha, well... that would actually explain why this *cough* fake *cough* Madara is so close to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
So now Kabuto has the advantage over Madara and is at the same time betraying him.
I honestly have lost all faith in killerbee
after beating down all of Taka I thought he was smarter than that. Truly a dissapointing turn for the character.
I think he's just proud of his skills and self-confident. He thinks that this combo of the Hachibi jinchuuriki and his brother, the Raikage, no one could survive, but in fact Kisame is using Killerbee's trick on him. I'd be surprised if he knew it all along and played funny games with Kisame, but then again, Kisame is not the one to play games with.

I hope that he is willing to teach Naruto what he needs to know. Naruto still has a score to settle with Kisame and Naruto+Killerbee vs. Kisame is something we need to see. This will be a battle of epic proportions and who knows - maybe Samehada feels even more attached to the Kyuubi chakras than to the Hachibi's.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:52   Link #124
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

It's time for......

GUESS WHO'S IN THAT BOX!!!!!

no seriously anyone wanna take some fun guesses?

I already got my top 5
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:54   Link #125
Akachou

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK1412 View Post
It's time for......

GUESS WHO'S IN THAT BOX!!!!!

no seriously anyone wanna take some fun guesses?

I already got my top 5
Where's your so-called top 5 now?

The world is yours.
Old 2010-04-07, 19:56   Link #126
kirisute_gomen
Senior Swordsman

1. the real Madara
2. Uchiha Izuna
3. Rikudou Senin

My top 3.

It would be interesting if Madara, old and wounded, switched bodies with Obito (who could be fixed up somehow but was at least younger than his original body) and because of that ritual, the souls would be attached to the respective bodies. Now he thought to have made the better end of the deal, but in fact, Kabuto revived Madara with Obito's soul and the body is new and fresh. That would be weird. (Just taking everything into consideration here)

It would also be interesting if "Madara" was not Madara and Madara was in that coffin.

It would also be interesting if Madara's brother Izuna was in the coffin - now of course stronger than Madara (the shell of his former self) and maybe he did not give his eyes willingly... and of course he is a zombie under Kabuto's control. That would be the same situation as it is for Sasuke once he sees Itachi...

Rikudou Senin of course would be the most powerful ninja - none had ever thought he could be brought back to life.
Old 2010-04-07, 19:57   Link #127
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akachou View Post
He maybe died, but that doesn't make him an unimportant character. In fact, he has influenced Kakashi's life more than anyone else.
Aye Obito mattered to Kakashi, but since Kakashi doesn't really matter anymore (to the story), Obito doesn't either. Think about it for a second, even if this is Obito, what impact would that have on the actual story - Naruto and Sasuke? They could care less about Obito. The war effort? Well, Obito did "die" in battle, but his presence still doesn't actually matter to the war effort. Is there a single reason, besides the secondary character Kakashi, for Obito to still be alive? Hell, Rin still being alive would be a better story than Obito, if only because she would obviously be a secondary plot connected to a secondary character that has no bearing on the overall story.

Quote:
If he were from Konoha, well... that would actually explain why this *cough* fake *cough* Madara is so close to him.
Madara just likes his men planty...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:01   Link #128
antjluc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisute_gomen View Post
1. the real Madara
2. Uchiha Izuna
3. Rikudou Senin

My top 3.
kinda hoping its Madara Uchiha to put this tobi thing to rest
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:06   Link #129
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It's debatable whether or not he can be summoned, I think not since he was sealed away in the death god's tummy when channeling half the kyuubi in Naruto...
He can. Orochimaru tried to do it - the Third stopped him as he was summoning the third coffin during their epic battle.
Old 2010-04-07, 20:08   Link #130
Akachou

Quote:
Aye Obito mattered to Kakashi, but since Kakashi doesn't really matter anymore (to the story), Obito doesn't either. Think about it for a second, even if this is Obito, what impact would that have on the actual story - Naruto and Sasuke? They could care less about Obito. The war effort? Well, Obito did "die" in battle, but his presence still doesn't actually matter to the war effort. Is there a single reason, besides the secondary character Kakashi, for Obito to still be alive? Hell, Rin still being alive would be a better story than Obito, if only because she would obviously be a secondary plot connected to a secondary character that has no bearing on the overall story.
Poor Kakashi. He was one step away from becoming Hokage and then he would have mattered, but he will never make that step.
Yes, in fact Obito does not matter unless he is that Tobi guy. Only that would make him a relevant part of the story once again. You are probably right in saying he was just the by far overestimated explanation for Kakashi's sharingan and a good method to trick some readers to think Tobi is Obito was the similarity concerning the names and the colors used in the anime and of course he seems to have only the one eye that Kakashi did not take. Maybe they would have the same age if Obito had survived.

Quote:
Madara just likes his men planty...
Maybe he likes the smell...

The world is yours.
Old 2010-04-07, 20:13   Link #131
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I think that Danzou is in that coffin. It would actually be pretty mean because he was just killed before. Not to forget he has Shisui's eye.
Madara would probably not act shocked like that, would he? Still, I think the idea is quite nice.
Old 2010-04-07, 20:18   Link #132
kirisute_gomen
Senior Swordsman

What's with that snake behind Kabuto all the time? Orochimaru did not have that...

I have an eye on Kabuto... his words indicate that this is Orochimaru.
"...learning the pure unrelated truth about ninjutsu..." aha...
"...I need Sasuke-kun to answer my questions..." Wasn't it Orochimaru who desired Sasuke that much? Wasn't it Orochimaru who used to address Sasuke as Sasuke-kun?
"... a young, living... Uchiha..." He needs a young Uchiha? Who kept talking about eternal life and that it needs time to learn all the ninjutsu techniques there are?

He was not only fast at developing strength and fully controlling the snake's power, no he was also pretty fast in learning Edo Tensei. Isn't that a bit too much for Kabuto? Wasn't the snake taking over his body? Orochimaru's highest goal was to survive, what if he made it possible... let's say like Cell. He can live by a single cell... he had left his body, yet what Kabuto took was not dead, but living and trying to take control.
Old 2010-04-07, 20:25   Link #133
ThoHell

Hmmm, I wonder what's in that final box. I get the same feeling that many others are having, that it's the real Madara. Can't wait to see!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:43   Link #134
AnbuItachi

i think its the real Madara or his brother! no one else fits...
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:48   Link #135
james0246

Quote:
Poor Kakashi. He was one step away from becoming Hokage and then he would have mattered, but he will never make that step.
You misunderstand, even if Kakashi had become Hokage, he still would not really matter. His story is, more or less, over: his impact as a sensei/mentor is over (Kishimoto refused to actually let him face or even talk to Sasuke); his impact as a fighter is over (he hasn't won a name fight since Zabuza); hell his impact as emotional support is also over. His character died, but Kishimoto simply did not have the balls to keep him dead. In the end, even if he had become Hokage, he would have simply been beaten by whichever big bad appears next, only for Naruto to save the day.

Obito pretending to be Madara is meaningless because Kakashi is not the story, and the connection they share does not really help the story.

Quote:
Yes, in fact Obito does not matter unless he is that Tobi guy.
No, even if Obito is Tobi, he still wouldn't really matter. Specifically, since the reveal would have no connection to the actual story (as lead by the protagonists Naruto and Sasuke), Tobi being Obito would offer up very little actual story development...

Spoiler for silly:

Joking aside, Obito does not matter, so such a reveal would be entirely pointless...

---

I think the key line in this chapter, besides Madara's "How did you do this?!" question, will be "Uchiha Madara...you truly are in your own league".

Last edited by james0246; 2010-04-07 at 21:00.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:48   Link #136
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

It's the real Madara.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:58   Link #137
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I liked this chapter, and not just because of the enticing question of who's in the coffin (hoping Kishi teases for awhile before revealing I'm enjoying the speculation). The Kabuto/Madara interaction is nice. So far, Kabuto's the only person to make Madara lose his cool.

Besides that, I enjoyed the jab Killer Bee took at Naruto's catch phrase, using it as a lyric then dismissing it as lame. I don't know if that in-joke was added by the translation team or what, but it was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I will say this, how is Naruto going to free himself from all the hate in his heart, because the moment he begins to hate anything the Kyuubi could then take over.
He'll probably lose the hate in his heart by deciding just not to hate anymore...

I know that sounds lame, but I'm guessing what it's going to boil down to is Naruto purging himself of any lingering malice buried inside himself (hopefully with a final confrontation with the Kyuubi). When he finally learns to fight without a trace of hate in his heart he'll become the perfect antithesis to Sasuke, who's fueled by nothing but hate.

Hate vs. um,... not Hate. Guess who will be stronger.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:21   Link #138
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I know that sounds lame, but I'm guessing what it's going to boil down to is Naruto purging himself of any lingering malice buried inside himself (hopefully with a final confrontation with the Kyuubi). When he finally learns to fight without a trace of hate in his heart he'll become the perfect antithesis to Sasuke, who's fueled by nothing but hate.

I just had an interesting thought, we have already seen that Sasuke's sharingan can invade the depths of Naruto's mind and the MS can control the Kyuubi. Also the will of the fox's power attaches itself to the hate and Naruto will figure out a way to seperate the will. What if Sasuke enters Naruto's mind and tries to control the chakra, will the will of the kyuubi attach itself to Sasuke?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:29   Link #139
Zek
Eyebrows...

I'm not even sure how Killerbee is supposed to help Naruto with this. He doesn't block out the 8-tails' influence through lack of hate, they're just really good buddies.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:33   Link #140
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

If Naruto wants to rid himself of all hate, that would include his hate towards Kyuubi. Kyuubi, the being responsible for his really crappy childhood and suffering and the bulleye on his back for Akatsuki. Also responsible for hurting Jiraiya and Sakura. Not gonna be easy to forgive a whole lifetime of hate.

But really, you can't eliminate all the hate in your heart and still be called human...or sane. You can control your hate, push it down deep and stop it from controlling your life if your strong enough sure. But killing it? I don't think so, but you know he is the main character so plot armour will make it possible. Doing that sort of thing would make him the Jesus of the ninja world.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion