AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-12-22, 10:31   Link #9261
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
As for the Manziel injury, if you use that logic, I certainly hope you'd also apply that to Clowney. Two significant injuries in his rookie year? I hope he still gets to have a career but this is beginning to pile up for Clowney.
There's two differences.

1) Right after being drafted, a LOT of people pointed out that Manziel's style would get him eaten alive and destroyed (physically) by Baltimore and Pittsburgh. He didn't even make it to them before getting torn up, so how is he supposed to survive against them in the years to come?

2) The Texans don't have a revolving door of scapegoated defensive players. Cleveland does that to their QBs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 10:48   Link #9262
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's two differences.

1) Right after being drafted, a LOT of people pointed out that Manziel's style would get him eaten alive and destroyed (physically) by Baltimore and Pittsburgh. He didn't even make it to them before getting torn up, so how is he supposed to survive against them in the years to come?

2) The Texans don't have a revolving door of scapegoated defensive players. Cleveland does that to their QBs.
That is true about the Texans, defense has always been they specialty even as a fan of the rival team, I have much respect. However, this may not be an ideal situation for Clowney after this year. Bill O'Brien has a knack for developing players. One can easily say Clowney will have his chance to shine, but if he keeps on getting inured, Bill will most likely develop a player to replace him. He may not get another chance he doesn't show it next year with how the Texans are progressing in defense.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 20:28   Link #9263
Yye1
Wide Right

Manziel also had a huge target on his back due to the nature of the QB position and his behavior during college and in the pros.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 23:53   Link #9264
GDB

Just lost my fantasy football league championships by 0.68 points. I blame the Colts 100%.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-12-23, 00:19   Link #9265
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Ouch....

And Cincy beat Denver to get their playoff berth.

Yep, who knows what on earth will happen at this rate? This season is making next to no sense unless Seattle repeat.
Old 2014-12-23, 00:26   Link #9266
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It's quite exciting when the season is this hectic. Hope it continues, and GBD, sorry for your lost. Sounds like you had a lot of money invested in it.
Old 2014-12-23, 15:35   Link #9267
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yup, that Colts game sunk my brother-in-law too. He also gets bonus salt in the wound for having Romo on his bench.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 22:53   Link #9268
Yye1
Wide Right

Won my league... Thank you Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham Jr! No thanks to my QBs, aka Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer, Kyle Orton and the Sanchize

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 15:59   Link #9269
GDB

Woo, Baltimore makes the playoffs! Not that they'll go very far, considering how inconsistently they've played, but they made it!

Looks like the Buccs tanked it despite being ahead by like 20 points at one point, so they'll get the first overall pick in 2015, with Titans getting the 2nd.
Old 2014-12-28, 20:53   Link #9270
sky black swordman

So, I hear that Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers have mutually parted ways. Your thoughts on this @Samari?
Old 2014-12-28, 21:21   Link #9271
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Anyone heard of the suspension of Josh Gordon? Some have speculated as a way to ensure Josh Gordon does not become a unrestricted free agent due to not playing enough games.
Old 2014-12-28, 22:29   Link #9272
VTHokiePride

I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped him altogether. He's like Justin Blackmon. Lot of talent, but can't stay out of trouble.

Pretty sure Harbaugh is going back to Michigan. He leaves San Francisco a winner and returns to his alma mater with an $8 million salary.
Old 2014-12-29, 00:20   Link #9273
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Were there any notable QBs worth tanking that hard for? Pretty sure Tampa Bay and Tennessee both want one.

Well, 49ers - I hope you know what you're doing...letting go a coach that was 49-22-1 in his tenure. (heh, 49 wins, go figure) It pretty much looks like it's a done deal Harbaugh is off to Michigan. Which makes me wonder - who on earth are the 49ers going to be able to get? I'm seeing some 49ers places demanding Mike Holgrem.

Got what I wanted out of who made it through. NFC is the exact order I feel it should be. AFC also decent. Time to see what insanity the playoffs can throw up.

Interesting thing to note, GDB - Le'Veon Bell is looking unlikely to play in that first week match against your Ravens. You may stand a chance to win that one.

If Dallas can take out Detroit right away next week, I will be very content with the state of the playoffs.

And honestly...Suh stomps on someone again....Rodgers of all people...
Old 2014-12-29, 03:30   Link #9274
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Anyone heard of the suspension of Josh Gordon? Some have speculated as a way to ensure Josh Gordon does not become a unrestricted free agent due to not playing enough games.
Right here. Honestly I wouldn't put passed the Browns to that.
Quote:
Were there any notable QBs worth tanking that hard for? Pretty sure Tampa Bay and Tennessee both want one.
Just Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston. However, the latter comes with a lot of off-field issues and concerns.
Quote:
Which makes me wonder - who on earth are the 49ers going to be able to get? I'm seeing some 49ers places demanding Mike Holgrem.
Whoever they get has to believe in Kaepernick and want him as his QB. After all new Head Coaches usually want their own QB. Mike Holmgren? Well, I have seen reports that have said he is interested in the job, but then I have seen his name in other reports connected with other possible Head Coaching vacancies.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2014-12-29 at 03:52.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 10:01   Link #9275
GDB

Quote:
Interesting thing to note, GDB - Le'Veon Bell is looking unlikely to play in that first week match against your Ravens. You may stand a chance to win that one.
It's definitely helpful, but we're still likely to get torched in the air. Our CBs are like 5th string due to constant injuries.

And yeah, Suh needs to get a long suspension for that crap. It was definitely intentional, though it didn't seem especially malicious.
Old 2014-12-29, 15:41   Link #9276
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Pittsburgh and Carolina are also operating on the last legs of their secondaries but have managed to make it work. Hopefully Baltimore can too.

Few big announcements just came through:

- Rex Ryan and GM John Izdik let go from the NY Jets
- Mike Smith let go from the Atlanta Falcons (wow, they FINALLY did it!)
- Marc Trestman and GM Phil Emery let go from the Chicago Bears

- Pettine publically critical of Johnny Manziel's performance on and off the field (no surprise...also warranted)

- Confirmation Jim Harbaugh has agreed to sign with Michigan.

The most immediate impacting news though:

- Suh is suspended for the upcoming match versus Green Bay.

Good....He deserves it. One wonders how that will affect Detroit's willingness to resign him. The guy never learns....he's doing it on purpose and thinks it's all justified.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2014-12-29 at 15:51.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 16:54   Link #9277
GDB

Quote:
- Suh is suspended for the upcoming match versus Green Bay.
Dallas. Green Bay has a bye.
Old 2014-12-29, 17:45   Link #9278
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
- Marc Trestman and GM Phil Emery let go from the Chicago Bears
I got to feel for Trestman. He had pieces in place, and his coaching is pretty good. However, things didn't happen for some reason. I don't feel like he has a big part of why the Bears struggled.
Old 2014-12-30, 14:28   Link #9279
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Jedd Fisch fired. Trestman heavy favorite to be our new OC.
Old 2014-12-30, 15:39   Link #9280
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Dallas win the NFC East (good on them). DJ, things have finally gone your way.
The best record they've had since...fuck, their Super Bowl years I'm happy, but not going to get myself over excited just yet

Also, I'm surprised Suh still has a job with all his bs he's done. I ripped into people calling Rodgers a pussy. You really gonna call someone a pussy when a 300lb guy just fucking walks on your leg/ankle with both feet, with fucking football cleats!?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports