5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-06, 13:30   Link #41
Jestersage

Is it just me, or do I get some Big Boss/ocelot/Outer Heaven feeling from this episode?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 13:37   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
All he said was that they were his women and children, and he really just meant that in a family sense. It's not a harem, it's a shelter.

The only one who I would call Naze's real wife is Amida. All the others are just women of his space women's shelter. He keeps both women and children there as well as helps the children get an education and the women, a job.
Still, I won't easily write off most of those babies as not Naze's actual children until someone said so. Who knows? Most (or all) of them could be his own from those women who fancy him . Even someone like Azee said that she won't cheat on him in one preview .

And don't be so sure of anything not-stated or happen yet, Irene. I remembered that you said that you were sure that Ein will not get the AV-system coz no one from his Gjallarhorn side will ever suggest it. And voila! what we have here?: it's none other than McG himself that suggest the surgery .
Old 2016-03-06, 13:40   Link #43
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Another revelation is that Naze actually doesn't really have a harem in as much as he has a floating women's shelter.
The bridge bunnies would object to that adding Amida, Lafter, Azee and the chief mechanic.

He does have children by several women. It started as a women's shelter but a fraction of it did become really his wives.

Etymologically the word harem means forbidden or forbidden part of the palace where women reside. Only those allowed are the Sultan and enuchs. It doesn't mean all the women there are wives only but where female relatives and servants reside as well.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 14:08   Link #44
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Still, I won't easily write off most of those babies as not Naze's actual children until someone said so. Who knows? Most (or all) of them could be his own from those women who fancy him . Even someone like Azee said that she won't cheat on him in one preview .

And don't be so sure of anything not-stated or happen yet, Irene. I remembered that you said that you were sure that Ein will not get the AV-system coz no one from his Gjallarhorn side will ever suggest it. And voila! what we have here?: it's none other than McG himself that suggest the surgery .
I never take the preview stuff seriously, also you can admit that just like Tekkadan, we took Naze's words at face value and just assumed that was what he meant. A women's shelter usually also has children as well, and considering what many of these girls were probably doing before he found them, I would be surprised if there weren't any.

Just as you say, until they actually literally state they are his kids in blood and DNA, then I'll assume otherwise.

As for the A-V stuff, I really just think they are starting to retcon it a bit. We were told in the beginning that it would only work on growing bodies and thus the reason only the Third Group had it and not the First. And I just thought Ein was a bit older, but I can also buy him being about Orga's age or younger.
But now they are trying to extend it to Gaelio too, and I know he's older than 19, so either they are retconning how it works, or McGllis isn't telling Gaelio everything and has other reasons why he wants him to get the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The bridge bunnies would object to that adding Amida, Lafter, Azee and the chief mechanic.

He does have children by several women. It started as a women's shelter but a fraction of it did become really his wives.

Etymologically the word harem means forbidden or forbidden part of the palace where women reside. Only those allowed are the Sultan and enuchs. It doesn't mean all the women there are wives only but where female relatives and servants reside as well.
I think when you say "harem" here, the writers know exactly what the audience's connotation would be, and I wouldn't put it past Naze to use this literal definition to make people assume things.

I don't think any of them are his wives except for probably Amina. She's the only one he actually acts romantically involved with since the beginning. He's a big flirt, but that's really it.

Think about it, the only ones who really started call them his wives was Tekkadan, and Azee just said that they drew their own conclusions that might not have been true. Lafter also just said that Naze calling them "his women" is more of a moniker, and not the way you think.
I know everyone loved the thought of him having all these wives, but I really don't think that's the case, at least in the way people have been thinking it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 14:17   Link #45
Skaddix

To be fair McGillis might have a better A-V system process then what CGS could afford or were willing to pay for on MARS. CGS is probably fine with anything above 50%. And while Ein might be Orgas age now, they got them as kids not teenagers.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 14:43   Link #46
dienrachen

Quote:
As for the A-V stuff, I really just think they are starting to retcon it a bit. We were told in the beginning that it would only work on growing bodies and thus the reason only the Third Group had it and not the First. And I just thought Ein was a bit older, but I can also buy him being about Orga's age or younger.
There's two possibilites, though.

Firstly, this could have been a limitation of tech. It's very possible the available medical equipment is vastly better for Gjallarhorn HQ than a random martian PMC.

Secondarily, this could have been the excuse made up by Maruba. While he was OK with "experimenting" on disposable space rats, he probably couldn't do the same to actual citizens. Then he simply made up a rather reasonable lie to keep said space rats from rebelling too much.
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 15:08   Link #47
Requiem-x
The slacking one

"There's probably an informant within us"

This magnificent bastard Definetly looking forward to see where McGillis' crazy ride takes us and the tekkadan next.

I'm with the people glad the healing process was left to Mika, instead of going "there". On that note, I'm Merribit did try to help, since it shows there's a chance of her taking the spot of voice of reason within the group, and as one of the few adults around, makes sense.

And of course, Kudelia won a lot of points with that big planning scene. Very much needed moment of coolness and confidence for her.

Having said all that... that preview... that title... that Mika face... I'm scared now.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 15:44   Link #48
Irenesharda

I never really though about it until now, but they've been careful to have it be that while Orga gives the orders, it's always Mika who does the dirty work.

In their scene together when Orga told him that he felt guilt and that Biscuit's death was on his hands, Mika basically in his own way, reminded him that Mika's own hands are covered in blood and that it has all been on Orga's order. Orga doesn't have the right to wallow in his own guilt, not when Mika, who is his weapon, has had to basically bathe in it, in order to bring Orga's dreams to fruition.

If Mika doesn't get a chanced to fall into his own sorrow, then neither does Orga. They are together in this pact until they reach their goals.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-06, 15:51   Link #49
Skaddix

Really I dont think MIka is all that burned up about killing people.

The Pact though is more what Mika's Concerned with.
Old 2016-03-06, 16:07   Link #50
Twi

Goddamn, Mika scared me with that vacant look in his eyes.
Old 2016-03-06, 16:54   Link #51
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Really I dont think MIka is all that burned up about killing people.

The Pact though is more what Mika's Concerned with.
I think you're right, but it might be a little bit of both. Mika has been shown to have an emotional reaction to killing as we saw in the Brewers arc, but he seems to quickly internalize everything until it appears and even he thinks, he becomes numb to it all.

But I do think that the fact that it seemed to Orga was slacking on his end of the bargain was what Mika was most concerned about. The two are closer than brothers, but there is a dark side to their relationship, and the fact that they are so close means that whatever fate one has, will intertwine with the other.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-06, 17:18   Link #52
Skaddix

I think Brewers is more killing fellow child soldiers forced to fight against them...but murking Gjhallahorn or their Ex Bosses at CGS yeah no Mika is not feeling bad about that.
Old 2016-03-06, 20:31   Link #53
Shlugo

So Carta managed to escape after all. And she learned nothing. Good for her that her subordinates have a modicum of common sense.

So much sorrow after Biscuit died, especially from Orga. He was just overwhelmed with guilt. Merribit didn't even know what to say to help him.

So as I expected Turbines came from Naze picking up stray girls which explains their loyalty to him.

More history lessons.

Kudelia up her game once again, she's on a roll. That's a very good plan she came up there. She might say to the contrary but she would really make a brilliant leader.

Mika doesn't hold back when kicking Orga back into gear. He won't have any of this, Orga promised him something and he will keep his word dammit. And this brings Orga back on top of things, with renewed conviction. Tekkadan is ready to kick ass even harder than before.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 20:53   Link #54
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I never really though about it until now, but they've been careful to have it be that while Orga gives the orders, it's always Mika who does the dirty work.
I actually noticed it early on. Orga never pulls the trigger himself. Whether those in the 1st Group or Todo. Which made me think Orga can't kill in cold blood but Mika can, thus shoulders that burden.

Todo got spared as Mika was still on Barbatos , chucked out in a lifepod rather spaced out of the airlock.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 20:59   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I actually noticed it early on. Orga never pulls the trigger himself. Whether those in the 1st Group or Todo. Which made me think Orga can't kill in cold blood but Mika can, thus shoulders that burden.
I don’t know about that. In past episodes, he was ready to murder butcher Kabayan & Maruba with his own hands if not for Naze stopping him.
Old 2016-03-06, 21:09   Link #56
Skaddix

Orga is not going to kill just because...I dont think he has any particular problem with killing but Mika is your best Solider and you know he is ice cold.

Should be interesting how this goes...Biscuit was a limiter on Orga and Mika so without him there anymore no suprise tekkadan is going to get more radical.
Old 2016-03-06, 21:10   Link #57
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t know about that. In past episodes, he was ready to murder butcher Kabayan & Maruba with his own hands if not for Naze stopping him.
I don't think he would be an effective leader of a PMC, if he wasn't ready to kill at any moment. And I'm sure that Orga has killed before at some point. But while he's been ready too, and even wanted to, there's always been something stopping him. He's never had to actually kill in cold blood like that. Most of the time, unless he's really angry, he tells Mika that it's a "job only he can do".

Even in battle, Mika and the others are the ones who do all the fighting and killing, Orga is the general who guide and gives the orders from the background. He has taken the field before, but only when absolutely necessary, and even then, it's usually to guide the others of his team more so than actually fighting.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-06, 23:55   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Tekkadan is trekking across Canada . I am ok with this show now .

In a sense I'm not sure how to read Mika. I do think he went that route because it was the only way to get Orga moving. You have to drag him up to his feet and kick his ass forward. If nothing else he needs to be more afraid of what Mika will do if he doesn't get moving than spending time grieving for Biscuit . I think at least part of that scene is genuine. Mika is just a freaking scary person.

Does make you wonder how things will turn out. Losing their moderate will really put this group on the road to being radical. Honestly it will be up to Merribit to force herself into the mix and become that moderate/conservative voice. Otherwise...who knows.

Although to be fair only a few episodes left. A bit of radical activity might not be a bad thing .
Old 2016-03-07, 01:52   Link #59
foxbox360
New Age Badass

This episode marks the iron orphans are going the 300 route, for they're going to dine in hell...
Old 2016-03-07, 03:56   Link #60
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
why do some people wanted grief filled Orga to get 'cheered up' by Merribit by making love with him? ignoring the age difference romance, if Flay Allster was a good example, you know that would not be a good sign for her lifespan flag.
So there are other people who wanted it other than me? Nice. But in the end she didn't do anything (I've yet to see the episode)?!

Seriously speaking, the idea behind it is that if Orga is the father of Tekkadan Biscuits was the mother, so now that Biscuits is gone he needs a voice and a figure to balance him and his "not exactly" healthy relation with Mika.

Also, given the three kind of ages the show portrays, the kids with Mika Aina and such, grow-up boys with Orga, Biscuits and such, and finally the adults with Naze and Merribit and such, it would be a good move to make Orga grow up, "making him a man" and so balance or even step up his relation with Mika by consequence.

Of course "making love" other than physical would be symbolic from a narrative point of view, I mean, the show is almost at its end and it would be the most effective way to accomplish it.

Also, we had a meaningless kiss and BS harem shenanigans, in comparison it would be meaningful for once for some character growth.

But yeah that's if the show cared for character growths

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion