AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-01, 12:21   Link #1461
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffo View Post
My friends overheard the music on the new Ever17 site and said Karma sounds peaceful and relaxing. Obviously, they never played the game. >_>
LOL. Yeah, it does sound peaceful and relaxing when you hear it on the title screen at first... but that all changes once you get Tsugumi's Good Ending.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 12:22   Link #1462
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
No, though I'll keep an eye out on Amazon JP (which is finally back up). I'll be pre-ordering the Limited Edition, that's for sure.
Why amazon.jp? They don't ship outside the country, right?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 12:24   Link #1463
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

There's this service called Tenso.com. If you use it, you can buy from Amazon.jp, and it will be delivered to Tenso. They will then ship it to you. Actually, this applies to any Japanese store that only ships within the country.

It's a very useful service. I've used it in the past, and they're really fast at it.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:25   Link #1464
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
No, though I'll keep an eye out on Amazon JP (which is finally back up). I'll be pre-ordering the Limited Edition, that's for sure.

There are pre-orders up for the new ED CD, however.
I'm not too keen on the ED, at least not till I've heard it.

Amazon JP doesn't ship overseas, right? What proxy shipping service do you use? I've read about them but haven't used one myself. (EDIT: Will check out Tenso)
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 13:40   Link #1465
winkel

I've always just used amiami.com myself. You can even place order for the pre-order goods.
Old 2011-04-02, 21:27   Link #1466
LostHanyou

This is boring me to death... Maybe the fact I do not care about anyone except You by Day 2 makes me a bad person?

I'm running off of "I'm sure it gets better" fuel but I do not think I will last much longer.

Was interested in reading the original since I heard the remake was being made. It does get better, right?
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:59   Link #1467
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
This is boring me to death... Maybe the fact I do not care about anyone except You by Day 2 makes me a bad person?

I'm running off of "I'm sure it gets better" fuel but I do not think I will last much longer.

Was interested in reading the original since I heard the remake was being made. It does get better, right?
Much, much better. Keep on playing. Which protagonist did you start as, initially? It's generally best to start with Takeshi and go with Tsugumi's Route first.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:30   Link #1468
winkel

Quite simply, there is a very valid reason why they've re-written and streamlined the remake: the original does drag on a lot in the beginning.

Fortunately, once the hits and twists start, they don't stop. Unfortunately, it takes a while to get there.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:48   Link #1469
VDZ

Quote:

Yes.

Almost half of the players who played it gave it a 10/10. Another 25% gave it 9/10. From what I can tell from the VN lists on vndb (very incomplete information, since most people don't fill in their lists), people who gave it a low rating tend to be people who dropped the game at some point (except for the lowest votes, those are just trollvotes). I think most players who have finished the game will agree with me that the final route of Ever17 is the best route in any VN, ever. It gets better. Better than anything you've ever read.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 00:57   Link #1470
LostHanyou

Quote:
Much, much better. Keep on playing. Which protagonist did you start as, initially? It's generally best to start with Takeshi and go with Tsugumi's Route first.
I wasn't aware you could read it from Takeshi's perspective. I feel like he is a buttmonkey anyway. I just started reading without looking up any prior information so I wouldn't get spoiled like I have for most VN's I've read.

I'm on day 6 - You's route - and while it's certainly getting a lot more interesting I haven't been blown away yet. I'm not dying of boredom anymore and am generally interested in what's going on now, at least.
Old 2011-04-03, 01:17   Link #1471
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
I wasn't aware you could read it from Takeshi's perspective. I feel like he is a buttmonkey anyway. I just started reading without looking up any prior information so I wouldn't get spoiled like I have for most VN's I've read.

I'm on day 6 - You's route - and while it's certainly getting a lot more interesting I haven't been blown away yet. I'm not dying of boredom anymore and am generally interested in what's going on now, at least.
You get to interact with most characters, as either protagonist. Your respect for Takeshi might increase after you get one of his good ends (or you might think he's an even bigger idiot than you thought. Myself, I couldn't decide.)

Quick tip: try to remember the small details that You tells you, and try to piece them together with other info that you glean from other routes. (Actually, do that with what everyone tells you) Challenge yourself to figure out the answers to the questions raised, before the game reveals them!
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:03   Link #1472
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Then don't play a Takeshi route yet. Finish the other Kid route first. It's better if you do it that way but I can't say why.

The choice in protagonist comes near the beginning, it's between "I've got to find my friends" (Takeshi) and "Who am I?" (Kid)
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 23:34   Link #1473
LostHanyou

Just finished Sara route. I unexpectedly liked this route a lot more than the previous, even though I initially wasn't too fond of Sara. I think the relation between Kid (Is that what the fanbase calls him?) and her was a bit obvious with all the hints. I'm still a bit confused about the stuff that wasn't revealed in You's route; I thought it'd go more into detail in this one.

<3 the lullaby

Will go through as buttmonkey next weekend.
Old 2011-04-04, 04:09   Link #1474
VDZ

Takeshi, like Kid, has two routes: Tsugumi and Sora. Unlike Kid's routes, though, both of Takeshi's routes share a common bad end which you get if you're too indecisive about one or the other.
Just saying it in advance so you don't get confused if you hit the bad end.
Old 2011-04-04, 04:56   Link #1475
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Takeshi, like Kid, has two routes: Tsugumi and Sora. Unlike Kid's routes, though, both of Takeshi's routes share a common bad end which you get if you're too indecisive about one or the other.
Just saying it in advance so you don't get confused if you hit the bad end.
I liked Tsugumi route the most. (Excluding the True End)

Tsugumi <3

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2011-04-04 at 10:50.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 10:19   Link #1476
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I like Tsugumi route the most. (Excluding the True End)

Tsugumi <3
Agreed, I liked Tsugumi's route the best next to the True Route.

If anything, I'd say that Takeshi's routes have a bit more drama, while the Kid's routes are more about mystery.
Old 2011-04-04, 11:06   Link #1477
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
My friend wants to play Ever17 but he also read that it may not be a good starting visual novel. Any recommendations for more typical ones for him to play so he gets used to what is normal before trying Ever17?
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 11:23   Link #1478
VDZ

For a 'typical VN' I always recommend Clannad. It's pretty much a perfect example of an average VN, except it's really well made.
Old 2011-04-04, 12:18   Link #1479
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I'd recommend Tsukihime, which was my first VN ever. It's got a good story, average playing time, gives you a good idea of what the route system is like, and has a standard number of routes. In short, it has pretty much all of the standards you would get out of a VN.

Clannad's good, but it may be too long for a first VN. Even I'm not done with it yet.
Old 2011-04-04, 15:02   Link #1480
winkel

I think Tsukihime would even be too extreme for a good first time. First time should be something simple in genre, pretty and presentable, and short and more ADV-like, imo.

Tags
visual novel