AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-03-03, 01:52   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 17

This is a thread to discuss High School DxD Light Novel Volume 17.

Please stay on-topic and discuss what happens in this volume.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

NOTE: The novel was released on 20 February 2014.
Old 2014-03-03, 02:23   Link #2
G147

Finally a Volume 17 thread.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 05:07   Link #3
GBFirestorm

To be honest with all the discussions and spoilers we have done to death I do not think this thread will be very active until Volume 17 is translated... However I am looking forward to some intense discussions later when we are able to read it
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 06:18   Link #4
G147

Well the start could be a good discussion like the reaction of the girls when Rose ask Issei to be her boyfriend in the bath. xD
Old 2014-03-03, 06:50   Link #5
GBFirestorm

I honestly can't wait for that! Everything has hit the fan. It might just be Rose asking Issei out as a temporary measure to fool her granny when she comes to visit I think
Old 2014-03-03, 07:12   Link #6
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
I honestly can't wait for that! Everything has hit the fan. It might just be Rose asking Issei out as a temporary measure to fool her granny when she comes to visit I think
Considering the fact that n0m@n's spoilers say that near the end of the volume Rossweisse goes on a date with Ise to a 200 yen shop, I doubt it's something temporary.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 07:30   Link #7
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Considering the fact that n0m@n's spoilers say that near the end of the volume Rossweisse goes on a date with Ise to a 200 yen shop, I doubt it's something temporary.
True but working with the spoilers and seeing as how dumb and dense Issei is he might try to reason it that way and not know she means it seriously. After all he still hasn't worked out that he is engaged to Rias yet...
Old 2014-03-03, 07:37   Link #8
Chris38

Quote:
True but working with the spoilers and seeing as how dumb and dense Issei is he might try to reason it that way and not know she means it seriously. After all he still hasn't worked out that he is engaged to Rias yet...
If you mean it like that ... then I agree that Ise might look at this from that perspective, considering how his character has been portrayed so far.

But, it might also be possible that Ishibumi is going to use this situation to finally have Ise undergo some more character development when it comes to the love / relationship related side of the plot...
Old 2014-03-03, 07:45   Link #9
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
If you mean it like that ... then I agree that Ise might look at this from that perspective, considering how his character has been portrayed so far.

But, it might also be possible that Ishibumi is going to use this situation to finally have Ise undergo some more character development when it comes to the love / relationship related side of the plot...
I really hope so as his relationship and love with the girls is getting a bit stale for my taste. Maybe this will be the sign for everyone to up their game a bit. I am hoping more development with Ravel to be honest as she is my favourite character. Akeno might start acting romantic instead of just flirting as Issei only really sees that as her S side. Then again I think people like Akeno like that so not to sure if Ishibumi will change her too much...
Old 2014-03-03, 07:54   Link #10
Tbolt

Even though it's going to be fun reading nothing is going to change in the harem.

As far as there ranking goes Rose will still be in the bottom three.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-03-03 at 08:04.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 08:00   Link #11
GBFirestorm

Maybe more member will be added to the harem in future? I want to see Tiamat added or at least Tiamat and Ddraig meeting up again to find out why she hates him. Maybe the only thing that he can do with the harem is to make everyone eventually end up officially going out with Issei rather then the current state they are in now.
Old 2014-03-03, 08:09   Link #12
Chris38

^ I think that pretty much every reader of DxD wants to see Tiamat and what her relationship with Ddraig actually is.

Regarding to more members being added to Ise's harem ... personally I think that it would be nicer to see Ise's development of the relationship with the girls that are already in his harem, rather then make another girl join it, reducing the screen time that the previously introduced and more developed girls have ...

After all, the author is only human ... and I think he already has some issues in developing Ise's relationship with the 8 - 9 girls that are already in Ise's harem.
Old 2014-03-03, 08:59   Link #13
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Yay for a Volume 17 thread at last!

Kuroka and Le Fay are pretty close to joining Ise's harem, but how many after them will join is another matter. Regarding Rose, I still think that being Ise's second girlfriend puts her higher up, like above Xenovia and Irina for #5, so it'll be interesting to see if the harem order changes due to v17. That would make for a pretty funny scene, Rias trying to organize the order of her fiance's harem based on how close he is to each of the girls
Old 2014-03-03, 09:02   Link #14
G147

I think Rose isn't Issei's second girlfriend. Rose only asked Issei to pretend as her boyfriend to trick her granny. Still i'm waiting to read the scene when Rose introduces Issei as her "boyfriend".
Old 2014-03-03, 09:52   Link #15
GBFirestorm

Now that Issei has made a pact with Le fay and has Rossweisse as his girlfriend (or at least a closer relationship) will he learn any magic? He has shown an interest in it and Vali is already learning Norse magic so maybe there will be hints in this volume as to this being the next power up?
Old 2014-03-03, 10:20   Link #16
Tbolt

Le Fay told Ise that she could teach him simple magic like heating a cup of coffee and seeing through things. So I don't think you're going to see any big power up from Ise learning magic.
Old 2014-03-03, 10:30   Link #17
GBFirestorm

True I read that as well but guess I got my hopes up. I should think teaching Issei to see through things is the last thing any girl wants...
Old 2014-03-03, 10:33   Link #18
XFire
150% done

Quote:
True I read that as well but guess I got my hopes up. I should think teaching Issei to see through things is the last thing any girl wants...
Not sure why he would need to, the girls sleep half naked next him and have no problem disrobing if he asked them to.
Old 2014-03-03, 10:36   Link #19
G147

Well magic uses something Issei isn't very good at.

Quote:
“If you have to separate them simply, yes, that is correct. Demonic-power requires the power to use imagination and the power to create, and it requires having good sense. Magic is just knowledge to control equations, and you need to use your head and need calculations, so they are different even though it may seem similar.”
Old 2014-03-03, 10:39   Link #20
Crimson Bloodriver
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
I think Rose isn't Issei's second girlfriend. Rose only asked Issei to pretend as her boyfriend to trick her granny. Still i'm waiting to read the scene when Rose introduces Issei as her "boyfriend".
I tend to think that Rose asked Issei to really be her boyfriend. Seeing as she has complained the entire series about not having one. I don't think she would go to the trouble of asking Issei to be her boyfriend to only have him be a fake. She seems to be trying hard for Issei. She even takes him to a 200 yen shop. For such a cheap person thats a big step. Although I suppose we won't know until we all read this volume.
Crimson Bloodriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romance, spoiler