AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-03-20, 04:29   Link #3541
lord_ragnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
As an Ais fan, this is hilarious to me. For the record, I didn't even vote for her even though I like her the best. Based South Americans if they managed to help Ryuu win this .

Regarding the whole Ais x Bell thing, I think they have a lot of development already, even the romantic front.
  • Ais thinks Bell is soothing, it's something more than just seeing him as a pet or interested in him because of his growth. They hammered in this quite a bit in Oratoria (also in the manga further embellished this, and manga sometimes has more details than the LN)
  • There are also Blu-ray's bonus LN for the final volume and volume 8's last chapter, all of which kinda fuels into her character and why Bell alone potentially can help her "feel better" (in ways that Bete can't personality wise).
  • She also got jealous of Bete for she personally misinterpreted Bell's admiration for the wolfie.
  • Her rivalry with Syr has spanned three volumes now with regarding the whole lap pillow thing; it's especially hilarious in volume 9's SS. As annoying as the SS are, they are all canon.
  • There's also the dance scene as well, which we will soon be able to read from her perspective.
  • Finally, there's also Bell vs. her father's image during the mino fight.

I mean there are tons of things that while some of you disregard as romantically related, but that's just personal interpretation rather than fact. Given volume 10 is confirmed Ais related and Oratoria 6 is released a month after, ON TOP of the interview regarding the where the plot's' heading, I don't think there will be worry about Ais' popularity or Omori's lack of attention given to her (hell she disappeared for like almost 3 volumes and still beat Hestia in reader polls).
I have a few requests for you.
- Do you have access to all of the side stories? Or at least the one that mentioned Ais and Bell being neighbours when they were younger?
- Can you tell me as much as you can about the rivalry between Ais and Syr that has spanned 3 volumes
- and can you tell me the name of the Vol 9 SS and what happened it in with some detail

Thanks
lord_ragnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 04:41   Link #3542
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_ragnos View Post
I have a few requests for you.
- Do you have access to all of the side stories? Or at least the one that mentioned Ais and Bell being neighbours when they were younger?
- Can you tell me as much as you can about the rivalry between Ais and Syr that has spanned 3 volumes
- and can you tell me the name of the Vol 9 SS and what happened it in with some detail

Thanks
There is no such thing.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 04:51   Link #3543
lord_ragnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
INB4 Aiz used to live near a white-haired farmboy and his grandfather, and one day, before her parents took her to Orario, she made a promise to said little boy, but she doesn't remember his face. Also, there was a little Prum girl who she might have heard making a similar promise, and a little gray-haired human girl, and a little elven girl, and a little nearsighted half-elf girl, and a not-yet-so-well-endowed goddess girl...
Was this a joke? Or is this actually Canon? if it is what was it in? SS etc?
Old 2016-03-20, 05:33   Link #3544
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Was this a joke? Or is this actually Canon? if it is what was it in? SS etc?
there is a "in before" so he wasn't saying he read this somewhere, he was jokingly trying to predict what we would see in future volume.
Old 2016-03-20, 05:38   Link #3545
lord_ragnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
there is a "in before" so he wasn't saying he read this somewhere, he was jokingly trying to predict what we would see in future volume.
right thanks.

Can you tell me about this rivalry between Ais and Syr that spans 3 volumes that Kunagisa mentioned?
Old 2016-03-20, 06:15   Link #3546
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
right thanks.

Can you tell me about this rivalry between Ais and Syr that spans 3 volumes that Kunagisa mentioned?
It's in the SS I think so can't tell.
If I understand correctly, from Ais' side that's merely a rivalry to get a soothing cute white bunny on her lap (IE lap pillow) with a "rival" doing the same to Bell (but for a different purpose? )
Old 2016-03-20, 06:27   Link #3547
lord_ragnos

Quote:
It's in the SS I think so can't tell.
If I understand correctly, from Ais' side that's merely a rivalry to get a soothing cute white bunny on her lap (IE lap pillow) with a "rival" doing the same to Bell (but for a different purpose? )
I wish people with access to the SS would translate them and release them for everyone to read. Considering that they are only available in special editions or something, It is unlikely that they will be released in english.
Old 2016-03-20, 06:32   Link #3548
RDNexus

Unfortunately, the license is Title-related, not through specific volumes.
Even if it never gets published in english, it's still within licensing rights.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 10:46   Link #3549
lord_ragnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Unfortunately, the license is Title-related, not through specific volumes.
Even if it never gets published in English, it's still within licensing rights.
Regardless, it sucks missing out on extra parts of the story. If they don't release it in english then it is only inciting piracy, because people want it.
Old 2016-03-20, 10:50   Link #3550
The Green One

Having a "good" reason still shouldn't excuse piracy or be used as an excuse to justify it.
Old 2016-03-20, 11:06   Link #3551
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Having a "good" reason still shouldn't excuse piracy or be used as an excuse to justify it.
it also doesn't excuse subpar translation riddled with localization either... but that aint none of my business . people are honestly better off learning Japanese or at least having a Japanese dictionary on hand so they can read the raws and support the author directly. especially if they want to keep unp with current events. either that or hope the bookwalker trans actually do get off the ground.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 02:02   Link #3552
lord_ragnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
it also doesn't excuse subpar translation riddled with localization either... but that aint none of my business . people are honestly better off learning Japanese or at least having a Japanese dictionary on hand so they can read the raws and support the author directly. especially if they want to keep unp with current events. either that or hope the bookwalker trans actually do get off the ground.
I agree completely, but you can't support the author by buying something that isn't available to you, can you?
Old 2016-03-21, 02:57   Link #3553
Tri-ring

In case you haven't heard "Sword Oratoria" is getting animated this year.

Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 06:13   Link #3554
KnightShade

Quote:
I agree completely, but you can't support the author by buying something that isn't available to you, can you?
Youve never heard of amazon jp?
Old 2016-03-21, 06:43   Link #3555
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
Youve never heard of amazon jp?
note that by buying from amazon you won't be able to get your hands on those SS.

It was the same for me for KyouHora. I own all I can own on the novel side (including all of the prequels and the two SS girls talk), but no way to procure myself in physical form the kimitoasamade volumes since it was only given as part of the limited edition of the anime series dvds (which are out of stock since a long time).
So the only way to read them was to download scan of them. Sad since I prefer to read physical books, but there's no other way. I like to support authors but if the industry doesn't give me any possibility to support on some of the stuff by making it limited edition, then there's no way to support them for this.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-03-21 at 07:03.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 07:26   Link #3556
KnightShade

Quote:
note that by buying from amazon you won't be able to get your hands on those SS.

It was the same for me for KyouHora. I own all I can own on the novel side (including all of the prequels and the two SS girls talk), but no way to procure myself in physical form the kimitoasamade volumes since it was only given as part of the limited edition of the anime series dvds (which are out of stock since a long time).
So the only way to read them was to download scan of them. Sad since I prefer to read physical books, but there's no other way. I like to support authors but if the industry doesn't give me any possibility to support on some of the stuff by making it limited edition, then there's no way to support them for this.
true.

at that point, all you can hope for are side story volumes/ EX volumes.
Old 2016-03-21, 08:34   Link #3557
Zefyris
図書館狼

In KyouHora case that's 1800 pages of content that you cannot get access physically now that the LE are sold out.
As Kunagisa said, there's like 30-40 SS for danmachi now. Those are very short, but still, 30-40...
Index/Railgun keep doing that every new anime series too.

I really hate it when editors do that kind of stuff. Bonus for LE are fine, but don't use side stories for a LE bonus, damn it. That's so rude to fans/readers who cannot access part of the material about characters they like/verse they like.
Old 2016-03-21, 08:39   Link #3558
KnightShade

Its even worse when shorts are considered cannon which when introduced into the main series leaves the reader lost.
Old 2016-03-21, 09:09   Link #3559
RDNexus

It's not rude, so to say, it's a marketing strategy. You wanted those SS, you had to buy the stuff connected to it. It's all the goddamn money's fault.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 09:20   Link #3560
KnightShade

Then thats poor marketing and business strategy unless they plan to realese them in a collection later. These arent collectables, they nessasary info need to understand certain plot points.

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance