Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-13, 00:37   Link #1
Lex
Banned

Acount Problems

I would like to apologise before hand for making this thread using a second acount that I'm not supposed to have.

I had some questions about my Lexander acount.

When I log in for some reason all the forums say they have 0 posts in them ... 0 threads show up. The only ones that show up are the ones that I created ... and I have no permission to post in them.

I thought I'd go in the pm box and contact a mod about this ... only to find that my box is full so I can't send any pms... I clean the box but the bar is still orange ...

Any thoughts on this?
Old 2004-06-13, 00:55   Link #2
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lexander, did you really get banned? Check your public profile,

http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?userid=8322

Not sure what's going on. but I think that could be the reason why you cannot post anymore.
Old 2004-06-13, 01:00   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I don't think being banned would stop him from reading the forum...

Its probably a bug or gliche of some sort. "Banned" is just his title thing, its been like that for a while now.
Old 2004-06-13, 01:02   Link #4
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
Actaually when i was banned I could ONLY see the threads I created.
Old 2004-06-13, 02:12   Link #5
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
oh no! it seems you are really banned why? I thought that it was just a bug, It has happened to me, weird behaviour of the forums, like half loaded pages or unintentional double posts...
Old 2004-06-13, 02:48   Link #6
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Platnum685
Actaually when i was banned I could ONLY see the threads I created.
thats so you could see how many were locked.

during my ban, i couldnt see any threads.

i didnt have permission- you just have to delete a bunch of PMs to get under the 50 limit (why reduce mail #s to 50. why???)
Old 2004-06-13, 03:29   Link #7
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Well LEX I wonder why you were banned I mean isn't the mods supposed to give you any reason for it in the thread you've gone wild? Or trough Private message or e-Mail ?? And did you changed you IP adress to create that account ? Anyway we got unfinished buizness here so hurry up and try to get unbanned or something ^^

Edit:// I just took a look to your recent posting history.. No bad behaviour or reason to get ban in sight. Must be a mistake or something trough Private-Messaging.

Last edited by JOJOS'STAR; 2004-06-13 at 03:40.
Old 2004-06-13, 03:37   Link #8
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
i didnt have permission- you just have to delete a bunch of PMs to get under the 50 limit (why reduce mail #s to 50. why???)
I have a 100 message mail limit. Does your mail quota get havled everytime you are banned?

Also the creation of this thread prompts a question. I've seen a fair handful of people who get banned create new accounts and post the typical "why was I banned?" thread here. Why not allow banned members enough permission to PM mods or post a single (ie only one) thread in the feedback forum? I think this way we'd avoid the problem of people creating new accounts in response to being banned. Just wanted to share my idea
Old 2004-06-13, 03:46   Link #9
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I have a 100 message mail limit. Does your mail quota get havled everytime you are banned?

Also the creation of this thread prompts a question. I've seen a fair handful of people who get banned create new accounts and post the typical "why was I banned?" thread here. Why not allow banned members enough permission to PM mods or post a single (ie only one) thread in the feedback forum? I think this way we'd avoid the problem of people creating new accounts in response to being banned. Just wanted to share my idea
lol I guess banned people aren't supposed to come back to the forum even to ask why! I agree they should be allowed a PM to the Mod who made the move. BTW I think the mod is the one who's supposed to PM the ban member about the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Paper
Its probably a bug or gliche of some sort. "Banned" is just his title thing, its been like that for a while now.
No banned is what the mods wright in the user's profile everytime they ban someone. Lexander is realy ban from the forum. What I'd like to know is why?
Old 2004-06-13, 03:59   Link #10
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Well LEX I wonder why you were banned I mean isn't the mods supposed to give you any reason for it in the thread you've gone wild? Or trough Private message or e-Mail ?? And did you changed you IP adress to create that account ? Anyway we got unfinished buizness here so hurry up and try to get unbanned or something ^^

Edit:// I just took a look to your recent posting history.. No bad behaviour or reason to get ban in sight. Must be a mistake or something trough Private-Messaging.
I don't think they ban the IP when they ban someone but more like the username only.
That's why when you've been banned you can still logg with another username (even though you shouldn't).
Even if they were to ban the IP, most people nowadays have a dinamic IP that changes everytime they connect.

Last edited by Thany; 2004-06-13 at 04:37.
Old 2004-06-13, 06:40   Link #11
Lex
Banned

Well ... this is fun and all ... but an email or a pm would really be nice right about now saying why I've been banned
Old 2004-06-13, 06:59   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
Well ... this is fun and all ... but an email or a pm would really be nice right about now saying why I've been banned
I didn't post the ban but I'm looking at removing it two days early.

My limited understanding is that you were banned for posting inappropriate STFU images in the Naruto forum. If so, then I can understand the ban, I'm getting rather fed up of people posting those, they may be funny the first time but they get pretty tedious after seeing them a hundred times.

And normally PMs do still work after a ban, but it seems that maybe there's a bug only highlighted under a specific set of circumstances which has arisen in this case.

As for the other suggestions, sorry but they are mostly no-goes. No intention of hacking the vB software for a problem that isn't exactly common.
Old 2004-06-13, 10:16   Link #13
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Isn't that like undermining the authority of the mod who banned him for some reason?
Old 2004-06-13, 10:31   Link #14
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
My limited understanding is that you were banned for posting inappropriate STFU images in the Naruto forum. If so, then I can understand the ban, I'm getting rather fed up of people posting those, they may be funny the first time but they get pretty tedious after seeing them a hundred times.
Does this mean that if we find a whole new image to use that has never ever been posted we should post it?
Well, I'm just joking of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Isn't that like undermining the authority of the mod who banned him for some reason?
Well, that's up to him, perhaps he thought the ban was too long for what Lexander had done?
There's always a reason to what you are going to do
Old 2004-06-13, 11:11   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:

And normally PMs do still work after a ban, but it seems that maybe there's a bug only highlighted under a specific set of circumstances which has arisen in this case.
you have to send the PM before the ban... unless the user doesnt use the PM function.

xris- why does the pm limit change? i mean... it effectifly cuts off communication to the whole community...

Quote:
xris thinks lex learned his lesson

Quote:
YES! the question is Why?
Old 2004-06-13, 12:23   Link #16
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
I would like to apologise before hand for making this thread using a second acount that I'm not supposed to have.

I had some questions about my Lexander acount.

When I log in for some reason all the forums say they have 0 posts in them ... 0 threads show up. The only ones that show up are the ones that I created ... and I have no permission to post in them.

I thought I'd go in the pm box and contact a mod about this ... only to find that my box is full so I can't send any pms... I clean the box but the bar is still orange ...

Any thoughts on this?
Hah hah. i just talked to ElvenPath and thigns have finally cleared up. It's actually a pretty funny story of miscommunication. ElvenPath and I had a discussion about a picture Lexander posted in the Naruto forum. I didn't find it offensive because the picture just said "l'll argue with you on the internet", and then I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Good thing it wasn't an offensive picture. If it WAS an offensive picture I would've banned Lexander for 5 days because he's a long time member. He should know better.
ElvenPath obviously mistook me wanting to ban Lexander for 5 days because earlier I also told him that I was having trouble with accessing the ban function for some reason and I asked him to ban someone for me. ElevnPath must've thought I was talking about Lexander.

So sorry Lexander for the trouble we caused you.

Hah hah hah...but you gotta admit this is pretty funny (no offense of course).
Old 2004-06-13, 13:11   Link #17
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:

Thank you, you kind-hearted man! ^_^ It was getting a little dull here. I was wondering why he was banned in the first place.......
Old 2004-06-13, 14:36   Link #18
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
So is the problem solved yet?

Last edited by K9Platnum685; 2004-06-13 at 15:07.
Old 2004-06-13, 14:58   Link #19
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
ElvenPath obviously mistook me wanting to ban Lexander for 5 days because earlier I also told him that I was having trouble with accessing the ban function for some reason and I asked him to ban someone for me. ElevnPath must've thought I was talking about Lexander.

So sorry Lexander for the trouble we caused you.

Hah hah hah...but you gotta admit this is pretty funny (no offense of course).
Bahh, so it was just a mistake?
I was wondering what he had done for the ban actually, but now that I know it's a mistake, I know I wasn't blind or anything
It also shows that moderators aren't god and that they can do mistakes sometimes too

Quote:
Razor good to see I am in your livejournal. You obiously get mad too easily. In the real world that will get you killed right away.
How is this message on topic?
If you want to flam/spam, please try somewhere else
Old 2004-06-13, 15:31   Link #20
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Quote:
Razor good to see I am in your livejournal. You obiously get mad too easily. In the real world that will get you killed right away.
How is this message on topic?
If you want to flam/spam, please try somewhere else
He did soam and flame somewhere else, there being my lj.

Yes, this solves my problem. I had to delete pots after post in my lj of nudity, and I will report you for this. It's just too bad that there will be no full ban due to me deleing all of his comments made. Not to meanting the flames. I had to edit one so no mare posts can be made and one for friends only.

And spell my name right you (long string of explisives not shown.)

Now he needs to be banned. You're lucky it's all gone, showing a mans penis and his butt crack. Good God, K9Platnum685, you were annoying back then, now you're just evil.

P.S. You have been reported.
Closed Thread