AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-09, 17:06   Link #21
Wandering Soul

This was a pretty interesting premiere. It's the best of the season for me so far.
Old 2018-01-09, 21:57   Link #22
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^It's because all the other animes are 1 Gender Crap
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 00:49   Link #23
Mistyclear

There’s more multigender series than one, though there are a lot particularly the all girl ones.
My favorite is Gintama silver soul, if we’re not including leftovers from previous seasons.
Though I do like this anime so far...just waiting to understand it, this type of show seems like it won’t explain most of what’s going on and why until later. The first few episodes will probably consist of the main characters running about trying to find out what’s happening and who their enemies are.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 01:33   Link #24
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

This one looked promising to me in the anime previews and I wasn't disappointed. It's reminding me of Kite (artwork, especially the ending) and Ajin (the black monster from the other world).

I am intrigued about everything. This is refreshing to me as it's real world people (yay for 22 year old female protagonist) with sci fi mixed into it.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 04:46   Link #25
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^It's because all the other animes are 1 Gender Crap
You mean Moe and Bishounen shows right?!

Well there's a certain charm in those fantastical series. Like those old silly symphonies cartoon. Variety is the spice of life. Of course, nothing beats a well made show with intriguing stories and well rounded characters and this one sure looks promising.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 05:03   Link #26
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The only good anime so far is this, Ryuuou and the new Basilisk
Toji no Miko is great, too bad it's another gay anime
Stop giving us homo stuffs, Japan, what are you, America?
Well, you can, but should be the minority, like 2 per season, not all, sigh

^^Kite my god...
The MC got xxx her whole life

I read the manga so I know that misusing the stasis power would accelerate the incident, but I think it needs to have an arc where they just enjoy that superpower, like Parasyte
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 16:04   Link #27
Mistyclear

So the bad guys are something akin to a cult....driven by greed... Wonder if they don’t know the rule about being devoured (becoming a handler) by the Stasis worlds should you be consumed by greed.
Questions keep building, so far no answers so I’ll keep watching.

Last edited by Mistyclear; 2018-01-14 at 20:29.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 20:28   Link #28
HandofFate

wow, the cliffhangers in this series are pretty mean..
Old 2018-01-14, 22:30   Link #29
Irenesharda

Interesting use of tension so far.

The Handler/Herald is creepy, but him being able protect the Stalled does produce a nice counterbalance and show that people can't just do whatever they want while in Stasis.

I like how the story almost seems to be going in real time, we're only seeing snippets of minutes at a time as this all kind of seems to take place over one day.

This cult is interesting in that it feels as though the cult is only a front for whatever actual operation that the leader and a select few actually know about.

What I'm most interested in is the "jellyfish" and how they work in terms of why they enter people, what they are, and how they work. I seems like after that one guy died, the jellyfish spirit in him that was keeping him in Stasis had no more use for the body and left it, but it also seemed to need to be inside another body while in this Stasis world, so it went for another member of the family bloodline in the brother. What did that family do to be so linked with these creatures I wonder?

We've met our other female character, and she seems to have ties to the main characters. It seems she and Juri were in Stasis together and she got stuck somewhere? Juri is now in quite a pickle, so while we all know she's going to get out, we just have to see how.

A good episode over all, though there was some stalling using recaps in order for the episode to end on the necessary cliffhanger. We'll have to see what happens next.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 15:17   Link #30
Nivek von Beldo

Seems this one will be the sleeper as nobody is watching it...and seems the Cult knew more that the Family and Juri itself have a big bond with the Stasis.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 15:29   Link #31
DemonneoPT

So far, i'm enjoying this one. The creepy atmosphere from the stasis world as well the unknown rules associated with it is really interesting, with tons of potential to make something cool. The mystery elements and the adult characters just makes it even more fun to watch. I'm curious to know how the cult was able to join the same stasis frame as our protagonists given the grandpa explanation of how it works. The only part i disliked in the second episode was the pointless recap at the end just to end in a cliffhanger..lol
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 17:43   Link #32
Wandering Soul

The episode raised a bunch of questions about the cult and ended on quite the cliffhanger. I'm curious as to how the cult entered stasis and how they ended up in the same stasis peroid as the family. According the grandfather, they would had have to started the process and entered at pretty much the same time with no error.
Old 2018-01-15, 18:03   Link #33
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The episode raised a bunch of questions about the cult and ended on quite the cliffhanger. I'm curious as to how the cult entered stasis and how they ended up in the same stasis peroid as the family. According the grandfather, they would had have to started the process and entered at pretty much the same time with no error.
It would be insane if the cult also had to activate their own stone at the exact same time. Grandpa did say that even a 1/1000th of a second difference makes a completely different stasis and the time difference between what they see on a camera feed and what is actually happening would be way more than that.

My guess is that all they have to do is hold the stone and Grandpa's spell automatically pulls them in as well. (Note: This really is a guess. I've only read some of the manga and I don't even remember if what I read explained it yet or not).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 04:35   Link #34
Eater of All
NOM

I love how the dad questioned the physics of stasis. I've gotten used to shows completely ignoring the physical mechanics of time manipulation, so I appreciate this author at least being aware enough to mention it, even if it does get brushed off.
Old 2018-01-21, 15:25   Link #35
Irenesharda

So, Juri has her own pretty OP power in being able to expel Specters from people. The Specters aka the "jellyfish", are some superior being that is able to move through several planes of existence and can merge with a humans nervous system from the looks of it.

They also seem to have an affinity for Juri and her family as the one that left the next guy who was killed by the Herald, went through the city and specifically chose Makoto. Makoto was quite a cute addition and he and his uncle are trying to find their way in the Stasis world.

However, things seem to be going bad as not only is the Herald fading with each kill, which means the bad guys can outlast it. But also it looks like Juri's dad is about to make a pretty bad decision.

And now we are stuck with a new cliffhanger as Juri is going to be attacked again and also, it looked as though, once the brother fell into apathy, the Specter was going to leave his body?
Things are continuing to get interesting.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-01-22, 04:46   Link #36
DemonneoPT

It's beyond me how this anime is not being discussed more or acknowledged. For the ones that enjoy supernatural and sci-fi stuff, this title is definitely delivering in those departments. Having the characters questioning all the stuff happening in the Stasis world is a big plus too. So far, i'm very interested in the Herald and the fact he is fading away everytime he appears and thus becoming smaller. Btw, there is only one Herald protecting the stalled? How did he originate to begin with? Looking forward to it.

Juri's ability is awesome too. For a moment i though she had the byakugan from Naruto..lol. Having the power to remove the creatures from the humans that allows them to walk in the Stasis World is very helpful especially if she combines it with her grandpa's teleportation.
These cliffhangers are killing me. More episodes pls

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2018-01-22 at 14:45.
Old 2018-01-22, 11:20   Link #37
Nivek von Beldo

A Cliffhanger only works without a teaser, but well, what a cliffhanger and seems Juri have a strange power inside Stasis and one that seems exist since that night she tried to save her dog and meet the other girl is working with the cult.

Seems those Jellyfish/Spectre/Energy have an afinity to that family as that one goes directly to Makot and now Uncle and Nephew are moving in Stasis, was funny beliving Makoto would get traumatize(that is real but they pulled it pretty funny) and seems those two, why Tsubasa was losing his energy?

Seems the cult hide a lot of secrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
It's beyond me how this anime is not being discussed more or acknowledged. For the ones that enjoy supernatural and sci-fi stuff, this title is definitely delivering in those departments. Having the characters questioning all the stuff happening in the Stasis world is a big plus too.
Because Modern Otakus have bad taste, they want moe and fanservice galore
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 12:04   Link #38
HandofFate

they should jail whoever is in charge of these cliffhangers
Old 2018-01-28, 16:08   Link #39
DemonneoPT

I wonder what happened between Juri and the other woman when they were kids. It looks like it took place after Grandpa had his specter partially removed by Juri and lost some time. Btw, loved that effect. He literally saw Juri speeding up like the Superman..lol. I'm still amazed by all these details and coherency within the Stasis world. The author created a really interesting concept with this thematic and it's a shame seeing such a cool show being so underappreciated. Just hope studio Geno keep betting on these type of anime. I would be a faithfull follower of them if that happens

We also finally discovered how the villains entered the same time frame as our protagonists. The second stone can't activate the Stasis but allows people to join it when the main stone is working. I hope the origin of these stones are explored later. Kinda curious about it and the Herald creature too. The other woman thinks a member of her family turned into one of the Heralds? Can someone with the special bloodline also turn into one? Next episode is already taking so long to come out
Old 2018-01-28, 18:16   Link #40
Irenesharda

It's a real shame that shows like this and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens don't get more notice. They are really great and a step above the usual seasonal fare... But anyway!

This was another great episode, I love how we kind of have this mystery that we have to reveal more and more of each episode happens.
We see what happened when Juri was a kid, but only some of it. Grandpa should have left her alone for a little longer and the kid would have sought him out in time because of loneliness. He came back and tried to force away too soon.
However, we do see what happens to one who is in Stasis and what its like for them to go back to Stalled.

We learn a little too, about the Herald, and find out they are people who are consumed by Specters and stay as part of Stasis, as the world's walking white blood cell brigade.

The man who has the Herald here, looks like he has been in Stasis for a long time if the hairstyle is any indication. But from what was also indicated, there are probably more Heralds as well.
Also, it now makes more sense how everyone was able to get in Stasis at the exact time as the family because of the relationship between the Master and Servant Stones. The Master stone seems to control all movement in and out of the world, the Servant stone just follows along.

Finally, I like that Juri and Grandpa are finally going on the offensive and using their powers to protect themselves and their family.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Tags
amazon prime