AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 16:32   Link #1381
lightbringer
M9000

Citizens can still own shotguns and rifles for hunting in Japan, although regulations are very strict. So naturally there are stores selling these.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 16:33   Link #1382
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I was reading again the manga and stop at some panel about the lack of ammo for their weapons. I know that guns/sword are forbidden in Japan so i'm curious about a "weapon store" they mentioned where they could find some ammo.

So... if guns are banned in Japan still exists weapon stores?.

thanks in advance!
I'm positive that store smuggled the weapons and ammo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Citizens can still own shotguns and rifles for hunting in Japan, although regulations are very strict. So naturally there are stores selling these.
So the only weapon and ammo that store would have is consisting of rifles and shotguns? Nothing else our gun-otaku will find fitting?
Old 2011-01-23, 17:48   Link #1383
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So the only weapon and ammo that store would have is consisting of rifles and shotguns? Nothing else our gun-otaku will find fitting?
The AR-10 he uses fires 7.62x51mm NATO rounds whhich are the same as the civillian .308 Winchester so granted they could find that particular round in Japan he'll be laughing.

As for other wapons, Japan makes the Howa, Miroku and some Browning hunting rifles which are good kit and granted ammunition was available they'd also do fine.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 20:56   Link #1384
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Ok, i understand that, but then the only useful ammo they could get is for the Ithaca, i don't think they could get 7.62 for both the M-1 and the AR-10.

Quote:
I'm positive that store smuggled the weapons and ammo...
Don't think so... regulations are very strict about guns/ammo, even more with ammo like 7.62.

Quote:
Gun-otaku are more into airsoft guns than real ones and if i'm not mistaken, even those guns are regulated under some law which i don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
The AR-10 he uses fires 7.62x51mm NATO rounds whhich are the same as the civillian .308 Winchester so granted they could find that particular round in Japan he'll be laughing.
I'm not an expert so i'm not sure, both look the same but i understand that they aren't the same. It isn't the same the chamber of a assault rifle from the chamber of a hunting rifle, IIRC, the first is larger than the second. In short, the civilian .308 winchester could not fit an assault rifle's chamber.

Quote:
As for other wapons, Japan makes the Howa, Miroku and some Browning hunting rifles which are good kit and granted ammunition was available they'd also do fine.
I was thinking that even some gun in .22lr would do the trick, what do you think?.
Old 2011-01-23, 21:24   Link #1385
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
I would imagine so. Granted I've never been to a gun shop in Japan, I only know they exist because they were on the news last year protesting increased gun control laws. Handguns and such seem to be limited to JSDF/police in Japan so I imagine they are ordered directly from manufacturers.

Quote:
Ok, i understand that, but then the only useful ammo they could get is for the Ithaca, i don't think they could get 7.62 for both the M-1 and the AR-10.
If they can't pick up enough ammo for their weapons, they can pick up new weapons for their ammo. Shotguns are preferable against zombies anyway , although for specific situations having a sniper rifle is handy.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 21:45   Link #1386
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
I'm not an expert so i'm not sure, both look the same but i understand that they aren't the same. It isn't the same the chamber of a assault rifle from the chamber of a hunting rifle, IIRC, the first is larger than the second. In short, the civilian .308 winchester could not fit an assault rifle's chamber.
The 7.62x51mm NATO round came first, Winchester was the first company to acknowledge this before the actual NATO designation so they dubbed the round .308 Winchester for their own production.

The two are virtually identical. Varying only that military rounds have thicker brass for greater durability and storage. There are numerous versions of each round, bullet weights, projectile type, velocity, etc. but you can use the rounds in either weapon.

However caution must be used with commercial loads being used in military actions since commercial tend to have higher chamber pressure but this isn't usually a problem.

Military loads in commercial rifles are no worry since commercial actions are made to greater tolerances than most military weapons.

The only problem Hirono would have would be trying to get a round with the same weight and ballistics coefficient as those the rifle was sighted in for to preserve the point of impact.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 22:25   Link #1387
Fran~
floating away...

Thanks!...

BTW, i only want to see Saya using the MP-5 and Saeko using the beretta... Saeko was the hottest thing i ever saw with that holster in her leg.
Old 2011-02-06, 01:00   Link #1388
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

my god, that full page panel of Asami in the crosshairs broke my heart.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 11:16   Link #1389
Simonsy

when does this manga come out in full color again?
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 12:08   Link #1390
dfens

Volumes 1 and 2 for the color edition have a street date of 02-26-11 and volumes 3 and 4 are 03-25-11

My copies are already on order.

Too bad the just released american version of the manga is only black and white.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:40   Link #1391
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
my god, that full page panel of Asami in the crosshairs broke my heart.
It's one of the most depressing panels ever!!!... it almost made forget the panel when Asami asked the guy's name who went with her and the boys to get the plasma for the granny...
Old 2011-02-28, 02:46   Link #1392
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
uhm? guys?, chapter 28 appear to read online site, dunno if I'm the one that late enough to notice it.

hmm..after all of this ended, what will those student will become?, military trainer?, or psychologist? or may be a producer?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 03:23   Link #1393
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
uhm? guys?, chapter 28 appear to read online site, dunno if I'm the one that late enough to notice it.

hmm..after all of this ended, what will those student will become?, military trainer?, or psychologist? or may be a producer?
It's an old chapter

Ch.29 will be released on 8th of March(maybe -_-)
Old 2011-02-28, 12:17   Link #1394
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Volumes 1 and 2 for the color edition have a street date of 02-26-11 and volumes 3 and 4 are 03-25-11

My copies are already on order.

Too bad the just released american version of the manga is only black and white.
so anyone got the volume 1 and 2 yet? seeing how it shows street date of 2/26/11

how do they look?
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 14:23   Link #1395
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
so anyone got the volume 1 and 2 yet? seeing how it shows street date of 2/26/11

how do they look?
some one from same forum with this surerman account (which I stole) original owner buy it. here's the pic:
Spoiler:

that guy buy the box, containing manga, mouse pad, etc
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 14:59   Link #1396
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
some one from same forum with this surerman account (which I stole) original owner buy it. here's the pic:
Spoiler:

that guy buy the box, containing manga, mouse pad, etc
Eh! the last two pics.

It can't be, can it?
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 15:15   Link #1397
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

thats disgusting if I think thats what it is.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 15:41   Link #1398
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I need that Sako pic in high res. Stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
thats disgusting if I think thats what it is.
It's a bukkake passcase. It's obviously not real semen inside but it's what it's intended to be.
Old 2011-03-01, 01:53   Link #1399
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It's been long since I read the December issue (correct me if I wrong). So, is this year's issue available already at net?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 13:51   Link #1400
dfens

My copies of the color edition haven't arrived yet. They just hit stores in Japan about 2 days ago or less. It usually takes at least 1 week or more after Japan gets it for the Japanese book store I use to get it for me even though I ordered them months in advance.

What I really want is the limited Saeko figure you can send away for if you buy all 4 color volumes. Don't think you can qualify if you live outside of Japan but I will try my best if not I'll get it off Ebay for probably a rip off price.

I did get the US version of volume 1 and it looks like shit, I may stop buying it in english if this is the quality they are putting out for licensed manga.

Wow maybe I should finally open my Secret Box too.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies