AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-04, 03:52   Link #1
amuy

Ane Doki

by Kawashita Mizuki
So the first chapter is out!

The two main characters (so far) remind me a bit of Yamamoto and Kusuda from HL!
Hopefully Kawashita is able to finally make a decent manga this time around...

Anyone an idea what the manga will be about and what the release schedule is (weekly, monthly ect.)?
it is about a 13 year guy that meets a 17 year old girl. he see her panties and is surprised at how adult she looks. She see him and asked him for some ice cream he was eating. she promised to pay him for the favor as he runs away from her. He drops his student id, and when she comes to return it she finds that his dad is going to be gone on a reassigment for a while (the father is a single parent) . the girl invites herself to stay in the house and take care of him till the father returns.

Last edited by monir; 2009-07-06 at 01:03. Reason: synopsis added... thanks goes to Golthin
Old 2009-07-04, 06:43   Link #2
NeoSam

Since its serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump, it should be a 1 chapter per week. Well, unless the mangaka/publisher decide otherwise...
Old 2009-07-04, 11:20   Link #3
Side-streetdog

Well, I think i saw Manaka from Ichigo 100% and Misaki from Hatsukoi Limited.
This serie has a lot of fan services even just for one episode. Maybe it will be like to-love-ru.
But... I still hope this serie will have a good plot like this Ichigo 100% and Hatsukoi Limited
Old 2009-07-04, 17:10   Link #4
Kieru

Anyone know if a scanlation group will pick this up?
Old 2009-07-04, 20:07   Link #5
Freeter
beyond

I really don't see this one surviving. The fanservice is awesome (especially since it's the Toujo/Misaki design, which I love), but without a Nishino-esque character for the fans to latch onto, it's going to sink fast.

Unless Kawashita has something crazy in store, I give it 20-25 chapters at the most. Not trying to be a pessimist here, but HL had a much better chance of surviving with its larger cast and look how that turned out.

Oh well, I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts

Quote:
Maybe it will be like to-love-ru
I want Yabuki and Kawashita to do a one-shot together. Their designs could make the most incredible fanservice chapter ever
Old 2009-07-04, 20:17   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Unless Kawashita has something crazy in store, I give it 20-25 chapters at the most. Not trying to be a pessimist here, but HL had a much better chance of surviving with its larger cast and look how that turned out.
Actually I think the large cast is the main reason HL wasn't popular enough to survive. Having 6 intertwined love triangles was probably too confusing for the majority of the target audience... also some characters weren't as interesting as the others which didn't help.
Old 2009-07-04, 20:27   Link #7
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieru View Post
Anyone know if a scanlation group will pick this up?
Looks like imangascans did the translation for it and it's marked for their use only. Maybe they'll keep it going...
Old 2009-07-04, 20:31   Link #8
Kieru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
I really don't see this one surviving. The fanservice is awesome (especially since it's the Toujo/Misaki design, which I love), but without a Nishino-esque character for the fans to latch onto, it's going to sink fast.

Oh well, I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts

I want Yabuki and Kawashita to do a one-shot together. Their designs could make the most incredible fanservice chapter ever
The series just started, I'm sure more characters will be introduced in the coming chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Looks like imangascans did the translation for it and it's marked for their use only. Maybe they'll keep it going...
Link?
Old 2009-07-04, 22:01   Link #9
Who

Well, will be giving this a shot. I liked her previous works although slightly disappointed in HL (once again for the most part, know it's not entirely her fault). But since we're talking about WSJ, I'm gonna be on my guard a bit; I don't want to go wtf at WSJ announcing that they were going to cut it short, just like with HL.
Old 2009-07-05, 00:17   Link #10
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I believe this was on the cover, and the girl looked pretty cute... I'm giving it a try

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-07-05, 01:50   Link #11
golthin

I read the first chapter and i think Kawashita paid attention about the things that were right with HL. The heroine in this manga is just a Perfect copy of Misaki. I think this manga should do better than HL.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:29   Link #12
LCeh

Not a bad first chap. Not spectacular, but not bad either. I can't see how there will be much "romance" between the two main characters though, since the boy is not even a teenager yet, so I am gonna guess it will be more like a sis-bro relationship, which I am not too excited about.
Old 2009-07-05, 10:46   Link #13
Kieru

^ It wouldn't be the first manga to have shotacon love you know.
Old 2009-07-05, 12:57   Link #14
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Not a bad first chap. Not spectacular, but not bad either. I can't see how there will be much "romance" between the two main characters though, since the boy is not even a teenager yet, so I am gonna guess it will be more like a sis-bro relationship, which I am not too excited about.
what are you talking about? he is 13, that is when you become a teenager, he is already in middle school.
Old 2009-07-05, 13:21   Link #15
NeoSam

Guh, one older sister is definitely not enough, twin older sisters would be better >_<

Sorry for my pervertedness (I blame it on Kiss x Sis >_>)
Old 2009-07-05, 13:26   Link #16
oDin01

I'm hopeful Ane Doki is an improvement over Hatsukoi Limited. I disliked the series. Concept sounded good but execution wasn't. Too many characters all of them I couldn't care for.
Old 2009-07-05, 14:39   Link #17
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01 View Post
I'm hopeful Ane Doki is an improvement over Hatsukoi Limited. I disliked the series. Concept sounded good but execution wasn't. Too many characters all of them I couldn't care for.
yes, i think the mangaka learned from HL. Really, HL was more like a seinen manga instead of shonen. the attention span of the people that manga was aimed is very low.
Old 2009-07-05, 19:34   Link #18
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well I'm going to call Kouta, Haruto jr from Kimi no Iru Machi for this chapter. All the bitching and moaning about some hot chick so called pestering him nailed Haruto's character spot on...Other than that it wasn't that bad of a start...
Old 2009-07-05, 20:36   Link #19
ZODDGUTS

Decent first chapter but the concept isn't anything new. Hopefully the manga-ka will thrown a few curve balls to make it more interesting.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2009-07-05 at 20:53.
Old 2009-07-05, 22:38   Link #20
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Well I'm going to call Kouta, Haruto jr from Kimi no Iru Machi for this chapter. All the bitching and moaning about some hot chick so called pestering him nailed Haruto's character spot on...Other than that it wasn't that bad of a start...
lol that's exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully he won't keep the attitude as long as Haruto has.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen