2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-10, 12:07   Link #381
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Makes sense the bomb going off had everyone fleeing for their lives and distracted Kallen long enough for him to escape.

Point of the matter is in one move he escaped death to live another day
How did he know Kallen wouldn't simply let him go if he retreated? How did he know the FREIJA was his sole chance to survival?

There's a reason why I said I wouldn't mind so much if Suzaku was forced to use the FREIJA because he was either already grabbed by Kallen, or chased down until it was inevitable he has to use FREIJA to survive. The way the scene looks to me, he still had a chance to escape without using FREIJA, and since we have never seen the Live Geass act in a way such that Suzaku would immediately go for the overkill method...

EDIT: @Majek,

Again, it did not look like he ABSOLUTELY had to use FREIJA.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:07   Link #382
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
ok let me correct that, all of Tokyp except Ashford Academy and beyond
http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/CO...Large%2041.jpg
wow. Tokyo really is small if its fits into this crater. I guess that's Yokohama behind it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
How did he know Kallen wouldn't simply let him go if he retreated? How did he know the FREIJA was his sole chance to survival?

There's a reason why I said I wouldn't mind so much if Suzaku was forced to use the FREIJA because he was either already grabbed by Kallen, or chased down until it was inevitable he has to use FREIJA to survive. The way the scene looks to me, he still had a chance to escape without using FREIJA, and since we have never seen the Live Geass act in a way such that Suzaku would immediately go for the overkill method...
She was ordered to kill him. She was doing exactly that. WTF gave you the idea she'd let him to get away? o.O

Freya was the only weapon left. And you're really seeing Live geass as something minor. It takes over your mind with only one thought. You do everything to survive. On a battlefield, that means using the only weapon left.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:09   Link #383
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

[QUOTE=Ascaloth;1792756]How did he know Kallen wouldn't simply let him go if he retreated? How did he know the FREIJA was his sole chance to survival?

[QUOTE]

Lelouch gave a kill order.. And after she blew off every last bits of you and aimed for your chest? If you are in a life and death situation in a war, I'd say you wouldn't be thinking of that.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:09   Link #384
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHHH

WHY DONT DIE NINA????

I wonder know what will say Milly and Kallen about her.

BTW, I AM ANGRY THAT ANDREAS "DARLTON JR" IS STILL ALIVE, I HATE HIM.
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:10   Link #385
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:

I don't think the live geass is asking him to actually live. I mean that's like Lelouch asking Shirley to Live when he she's bleeding to death. I think it's asking him to "fight" to live. To just not roll over and die. Which ironically what Suzaku haters are hating him for not doing.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:12   Link #386
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHHH

WHY DONT DIE NINA????

I wonder know what will say Milly and Kallen about her.

BTW, I AM ANGRY THAT ANDREAS "DARLTON JR" IS STILL ALIVE, I HATE HIM.
Er...what has Claudio ever done that has made anybodi vilify him?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:17   Link #387
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Lelouch gave a kill order.. And after she blew off every last bits of you and aimed for your chest? If you are in a life and death situation in a war, I'd say you wouldn't be thinking of that.
So we're going to go with the assumption that Suzaku heard Lelouch condemn him? Not unlikely considering the world Code Geass works in, but still...

And the point is it didn't LOOK to me like a life and death situation for Suzaku as yet. The only reason he thought he was going to die was because he basically gave up until the Live Geass kicked in, and we all saw him dodge clear of Kallen once it did. Simply retreating was still a perfectly viable option at this point.
Old 2008-08-10, 12:18   Link #388
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

You see only what you want to see. This is really not going anywhere.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:20   Link #389
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
You see only what you want to see. This is really not going anywhere.
And your point is that I don't have a right to form an opinion other than your own?

Zzzz, I guess not everyone is as convincing a debater as KS. I'll just wait for him to have a go at me...
Old 2008-08-10, 12:21   Link #390
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

hey, do you thinks that Nina can be Happy after of watch that her bomb is very efective?
Old 2008-08-10, 12:23   Link #391
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN View Post
hey, do you thinks that Nina can be Happy after of watch that her bomb is very efective?
Why she didn't kill any Japanese or OotBK. She should be pissed.
Old 2008-08-10, 12:24   Link #392
UFO888
CC The Moe

Does anyone see the similar between Suzaku nukes tokyo and Shirley incident? Zero keeps rollo alive to work for him even though knowing how dangrous he is and accidently cause shirley death. Suzaku on the other hand, pilot the lancelot with the nuke even though he knows he powerful it is and geass kicks in forcing him to fire the nuke off. As someone who is not blame zero for the shirley incident, I will see suzaku as not guilty too. But I see someone still blames zero for shirley death, so I will assume they will curse suzaku for this too.
UFO888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:27   Link #393
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
And the point is it didn't LOOK to me like a life and death situation for Suzaku as yet.

Let's see...Lancelot was damaged and without weapons...
Kallen said :"Sayonara, Suzaku" and she was going to hit him....
I think it was a life and death situation!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:28   Link #394
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

I just hope that Nina dont suicide, she deserve dies with a misserable B*TCH

Even more, is NECESARY that Nina and Zero meet, dont you?
Old 2008-08-10, 12:30   Link #395
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO888 View Post
Does anyone see the similar between Suzaku nukes tokyo and Shirley incident? Zero keeps rollo alive to work for him even though knowing how dangrous he is and accidently cause shirley death. Suzaku on the other hand, pilot the lancelot with the nuke even though he knows he powerful it is and geass kicks in forcing him to fire the nuke off. As someone who is not blame zero for the shirley incident, I will see suzaku as not guilty too. But I see someone still blames zero for shirley death, so I will assume they will curse suzaku for this too.
Well no one blamed Zero for Shirley's death except Suzaku so not really. But Suzaku will probably definitely get blamed. If anything this incident is similar to the Euphie incident. Accidental massacring of Brit and Japs, the people they loved most in the world died, and all because of geass.
Old 2008-08-10, 12:30   Link #396
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Sigh.

The Live Geass just enforces Suzaku with the forceful mindset of survival beyond anything else. It doesn't reconfigure his characterization or personality to adapt to the most rational and simple mindset of how to survive in that situation.

When we take that into account with how Suzaku had been mentally refusing to actually use Freija as his get-out card in all situations where he's forced or in the position to use it, alongside Nina's constant hoaxing, then it'd make sense on why Suzaku used Freija even if conditionally, it may had not been completely necessary. His conscious that he held on to broke upon the Geass, and there was only one code there. Don't use Freija. He didn't even think of running away or surrendering or any other options.

If Nina wasn't there constantly bitching Suzaku to use it unlike Lloyd and Cecile who asked him to run away instead, maybe the Live Geass would've made him run instead of shoot.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:32   Link #397
UFO888
CC The Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Well no one blamed Zero for Shirley's death except Suzaku so not really. But Suzaku will probably definitely get blamed. If anything this incident is similar to the Euphie incident. Accidental massacring of Brit and Japs, the people they loved most in the world died, and all because of geass.
Well, there are quite alot of people try to put the blame on zero after the incident and in the confrontation between suzaku and zero. So It is just a reminder for them.
And I would pity suzaku one bit, he gets the curse of live in battle. What can he complain? The enemies just dont sit there and do nothing while I am killing them? Zero should just let suzaku kill him with a suicde? Then dont join the army in the first place!
UFO888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:38   Link #398
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Let's see...Lancelot was damaged and without weapons...
Kallen said :"Sayonara, Suzaku" and she was going to hit him....
I think it was a life and death situation!
He dodged and got clear. There was no reason why he couldn't make a run for it. It wasn't a "use FREIJA and live, or die" situation, at least the way it looked to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Sigh.

The Live Geass just enforces Suzaku with the forceful mindset of survival beyond anything else. It doesn't reconfigure his characterization or personality to adapt to the most rational mindset and simple of how to survive in that situation.

When we take that into account with how Suzaku had been mentally refusing to actually use Freija as his get-out card in all situations where he's forced or in the position to use it, alongside Nina's constant hoaxing, then it'd make sense on why Suzaku used Freija even if conditionally, it may had not been completely necessary.

If Nina wasn't there constantly bitching Suzaku to use it unlike Lloyd and Cecile who asked him to run away instead, maybe the Live Geass would've made him run instead of shoot.
Perhaps. That somewhat makes sense. Another strike against Nina, perhaps?
Old 2008-08-10, 12:40   Link #399
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
So we're going to go with the assumption that Suzaku heard Lelouch condemn him? Not unlikely considering the world Code Geass works in, but still...

And the point is it didn't LOOK to me like a life and death situation for Suzaku as yet. The only reason he thought he was going to die was because he basically gave up until the Live Geass kicked in, and we all saw him dodge clear of Kallen once it did. Simply retreating was still a perfectly viable option at this point.

You made it seem like Kallen was the only one fighting him. Note that it is a war. Meaning that everybody has guns. If he were to run away, he would still have to "run" from the barrage of gun fire coming from ships, bots, etc. Guilford and Orange-kun is as equal of a threat. Suzaku's bass ship was being assaulted by Toudo too. He is in a pinch.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:45   Link #400
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO888 View Post
Well, there are quite alot of people try to put the blame on zero after the incident and in the confrontation between suzaku and zero. So It is just a reminder for them.
And I would pity suzaku one bit, he gets the curse of live in battle. What can he complain? The enemies just dont sit there and do nothing while I am killing them? Zero should just let suzaku kill him with a suicde? Then dont join the army in the first place!
Name one person other than Suzaku who didn't think Shirley's death was suicide? Also Suzaku has a rite to complain because he used a bomb against his will to kill Nunally no less. His dream of being Knight of One is all but crushed. He's gonna have to live the rest of his life knowing he didn't make life for the Japanese any better and in the end, he has gotten as many people killed as Lelouch. He's complaining because he to go against his beliefs. He doesn't hate that his enemies for trying to kill him but rather that he has to put himself first above the people he wants to protect. He needs the army to change the world so it's not like he can go back or do nothing. That would be a cop out response.