AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-21, 13:15   Link #3881
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And here I thought it was a feature, not a bug.
Yeah, that was more my point -- it's a "feature" of the story's structure. In other words, it's not like they messed up and this happened by accident or due to poor planning or something (which is the way I take it when someone calls something a "flaw") -- as you said, the whole story was pointing to the conclusion, you just had to pick up on it. I suppose, though, that whether you consider it a "strength" or a "weakness" is simply a matter of personal preference.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 13:33   Link #3882
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Instead of the main guy flip flopping between one girl or another for pretty much the entire series, repeatedly destroying whatever build-up they had for any girl by doing so, this show has Kouichi slowly but definitely surely growing towards Mao right till the very end.
Which is why I scratch my head everytime anyone says that the end was sudden (or something similar, like they didn't expect such a thing to happen). Classic quite from me is, "wake up and smell the cheese!"

Abit Kouichi does have some blame to bare, but I still don't see him as a bad male lead. Hoho, there are way worse than him

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 13:36   Link #3883
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
"There are no coincidences; only hitsuzen." Every seemingly tiny and insignificant event points, and leads to, a single inevitable route. Of course, there's red herrings to keep things unrepetitive (ala Kai and Yuumi, and even then they took part in pointing to this inevitable route), but that's pretty much what I have been taught to look/write for in a good plot.
As far as Mao, Yuumi and Kouichi are concerned, I think the three biggest and most obvious indicators or foreshadowing clues to me were the opening itself (lots of Mao in it), Yuumi's preference of romantic stories (tragic or unrequited), and the whole deal with the movie from conception to actual filming (related to the former and then some).

The rest were posited in a more gradual and growing pattern, but these three were the ones that rang the loudest alarm bells in my head as I was watching the series. While they didn't indicate who ends up with whom per se, it was only a matter of time for such developments to cause a few dramatic shake ups later on. I actually found this aspect of the drama particularly done well. The writer(s) certainly had something in mind, built it further, and went with it.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 18:59   Link #3884
Kanzo93

great

i loved the series i got really confused though for the first episode cause i read a part of the various heroines manga and i was confused when i watched the show and mao and kouichi weren't together lol so i figured by the end of the show mao and kouichi would be together so i am so bomb for figuring it out lol but when i was watching it i got pissed when she was going out with Kai-kun sooo yeah loved it though they need to finish various heroines and also make another tv series its so good i cant stop thinking about it i loved it
Kanzo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 19:03   Link #3885
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think in the end - it was some combination of the character, plot, and especially the art style that kept me interested in the series. Very much an ensemble cast effort.

One of the unexpected minor gems of the season.
Old 2008-04-21, 19:35   Link #3886
FuzzyWuzzy

The ending was a disappointment. I wanted a climactic ending but this one is just so-so.
It needed more corny or lame lines and a more passionate lip locking from all the characters.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 19:41   Link #3887
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

I think the anime might have benifited if it was made shorter, some of the conflicts seem repetitive.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 11:23   Link #3888
zetsumei

^ Yeah, I also think this series might have been better if it was like a 13 episodes.

The ending really felt like is was really lacking something...an incomplete feeling to me. Like many have said before I think it need like 1 or 2 more episode...oh well~
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 11:43   Link #3889
gabbytay
Banned

Man my hopes of Kouichi X Futami is crushed but still a fine series 6.5/10
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 05:34   Link #3890
kamikazex

man....i was hoping for an ending like this....and it happened lol damn what a great series
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 10:03   Link #3891
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Man my hopes of Kouichi X Futami is crushed but still a fine series 6.5/10
...what?

They have like, zero interactions. ~_~
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 11:39   Link #3892
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
...what?

They have like, zero interactions. ~_~
Yeah that would have been incredibly odd . Besides liked Kazuki in this series a lot more than Kouichi at any rate.
Old 2008-05-12, 11:48   Link #3893
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

A lot is an understantment.

Kazuki has balls of steel

(Futami can kick as hard as she can but it ain't breaking them ).

Kouichi would have given up on Futami within the first 5 minutes.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-05-12, 12:13   Link #3894
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
A lot is an understatement.

Kazuki has balls of steel

(Futami can kick as hard as she can but it ain't breaking them ).

Kouichi would have given up on Futami within the first 5 minutes.
Well let's hope they don't try to actually test that theory . Kazuki really had to endure and grow as a person before the end. With Kouichi really do think nothing would have happened since it almost never happened with Yumi without the help of Mao.
Old 2008-05-12, 12:18   Link #3895
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

In a "not literal" sense that is what I mean that she already did. All those setbacks (kick in the nuts) but Kazuki still comes back for more (until he actually GETs her). That takes real mental strength, but all in all, it was worth all the trouble imo

Old 2008-05-17, 14:59   Link #3896
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
As far as Mao, Yuumi and Kouichi are concerned, I think the three biggest and most obvious indicators or foreshadowing clues to me were the opening itself (lots of Mao in it), Yuumi's preference of romantic stories (tragic or unrequited), and the whole deal with the movie from conception to actual filming (related to the former and then some).

The rest were posited in a more gradual and growing pattern, but these three were the ones that rang the loudest alarm bells in my head as I was watching the series. While they didn't indicate who ends up with whom per se, it was only a matter of time for such developments to cause a few dramatic shake ups later on. I actually found this aspect of the drama particularly done well. The writer(s) certainly had something in mind, built it further, and went with it.
The most noticeable foreshadowing for me was Kouichi's expression when ever his see Mao and Kai together. That more or less seal the deal who he really likes.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:07   Link #3897
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Hey guys/gals.
Im interested in a new romantic comedy (currently dling itazura na kiss)
but i hear this is also a good one, my only concern is that since the manga is ecchi (well light ecchi amirite?) that the anime will be ecchi.
and honestly I dont really want any ecchi. so is the anime ecchi? or not really? (i've seen to many ecchi romance/comedies in my day lol i need something light ahahah)

also the manga......THEIRS SO MANY? which one's the original and best?
and I wouldn't mind reading it as long as it's not pantsu shotsx10000 galore. I hear it's a good manga and that the ecchi isn't too overwhelming (like Rosario+Vampire anime ahahah). but any truth to this?

(I was looking at a blog and I liked the scans of the manga shown here
http://scrumptious.animeblogger.net/...okawaii-anime/
can anyone tell me which manga that is? thx!!!. Theirs so many different manga's!!! i dunno which one to check out.

any help?
thx!!!!

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-06-20 at 06:24.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 06:42   Link #3898
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The anime is not echi, indeed not even a bit if my brain do not fail me.

About the manga, it was basically like an visual novel game, where each chapter about a different girls but with the same main character (like in alternative universe, if you know what i means)

I haven't read them but ppl mentioned Eriko, Mao and another are the best

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2008-06-20 at 07:07.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 07:30   Link #3899
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
ah I see. i wish i could figure out which manga they were linking too in that story
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 08:11   Link #3900
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Spoiler for end:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen