Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-05-21, 23:06   Link #81
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Yet it has no counter to CT... as its basically a black whole which draws in all the mass around it, seeing as there is nothing to block, how can one keep themselves from being pulled into it? Its like i mentioned if it was able to form something as unfathomably overboard as The Moon, what exactly is susanoo which also drains the life force of the user going to do against that?... It would also make the Kyuubi redundant, as Minato stated it was given to his son, as a special power was needed to defeat someone like Madara... Then a few chapters after, wait forget the Kyuubi here's the strongest Doujutsu in existence.. It's potential is basically limitless seeing as it literally invented Ninjutsu... Maybe rinnegan + Kyuubi = Jupiter, you never know

EDIT: BTW The Utility belt would just make an anti kryptonite ray which obliterates the gloves.. its essentially the chuck norris of Super hero attire...
-Not quite; right now its "assume that Chibaku Tensei and the other gravity based jutsu can overpower the Susano-O". Of what we have seen we can take an educated guess that Susano-O can block anything that can cause physical damage to its user. Essentially, direct damage is negated. I cannot speak much for Bansho Tenin and Shinra Tensei, but doesn't Chibaku Tensei create a big rock-cluster prison? Even if it was meant to crush the opponent in the long run Susano-O should be able to shield the user from being crushed/compressed since rocks are "physical matter". From there the user just has to blast his way out and according to Kishimoto's logic, Lightning>Rock/earth. Also, even if he were to get the Rin'nengan the Kyuubi is still going to play a "helping hand". After all, it is because of it that Naruto is such a chakra fiend. Just because it was sealed by Minato as a gift and then later on Nagato grants another one it does not mean the former is redundant. Its use will come into play when needed. Mind you though, this is still just a theory and speculation. We need more facts to draw more accurate conclusions, right ?

-And that is what we call: "Plot no Jutsu" .
Old 2009-05-22, 00:00   Link #82
filthydani

very intense chapter, very well written, i think nagato will give him some of his Rinnegan power just like what itachi did.
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:04   Link #83
SeanQ

No, nothing is going to happen, Nagato will cough out blood when saying the jutsu and die.
________
Coach purses

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:48.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:08   Link #84
Fran~
floating away...

Well... i read the chapter and is good... nice one Kishi... you're pretty consistent... nice move on the book aswell. Pulling Nagato in Naruto's shoes... just today i came with an idea about the names:
Na-ru-to: ナ-ル-ト
Na-ga-to: ナ-ガ-ト

Lol... i think that Kishi shared with us how he get names for his works... think in a name from people he knows... look at the ramen cup and voila!...

Toriyama was eaten when he thought in Kakarotto, Vegeta, Gohan, Raditz, Nappa, lol...

What seal was doing Nagato?... it's like the same that Naruto use for the KB...
Old 2009-05-22, 00:16   Link #85
james0246

^It looks like the Hijutsu (Ram) seal. But, the last time we saw Naruto start a technique with the Ram seal it was his Sexy no Jutsu technique...so unless Nagato is going to perform a Sexy no Jutsu, I expect it is some other technique. Joking aside, the Ram seal is used quite a bit throughout the series; some known techniques that start with the Ram seal are: Kawarimi, Bushin (regular Kage Bushin is formed with a Tiger seal), Karyu Endan, Doryudan, and Shuriken Kage Bushin. (Then again, whenever you thouroughly master a technique, it is possible to reduce the number of hand seals, so it is almost impossible to know what Nagato si doing with just one seal.)

Last edited by james0246; 2009-05-22 at 00:28.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:19   Link #86
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well... i read the chapter and is good... nice one Kishi... you're pretty consistent... nice move on the book aswell. Pulling Nagato in Naruto's shoes... just today i came with an idea about the names:
Na-ru-to: ナ-ル-ト
Na-ga-to: ナ-ガ-ト

Lol... i think that Kishi shared with us how he get names for his works... think in a name from people he knows... look at the ramen cup and voila!...

Toriyama was eaten when he thought in Kakarotto, Vegeta, Gohan, Raditz, Nappa, lol...

What seal was doing Nagato?... it's like the same that Naruto use for the KB...
its just a seal, however i would imagine he is going to transfer the rinnegan to naruto. now he has 3 eyes and the complete ability to control the nine tails..some how? lol
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:21   Link #87
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
I agree Susano is a very strong jutsu, It can block any attack, the sword has insane sealing abilities (whether the items are apart of susanoo is another discussion entirely)

Ahhhhh ... again you cite the song I've been singing, my pervy friend.

IMO, there's too much emphasis on raw power.

If the first Hokage beat Madara, then the EMS isn't as hax'd as some might believe. There is obviously a way to defeat Madara, and I'm sure that someone in the village knows how. Why would the First not pass that information down if his greatest desire was the longevity of the Leaf Village? The Hidden Leaf have scrolls about everything! So I highly doubt that they wouldn't have a scroll describing what a shinobi would have to do to combat Madara's and other techniques like it.

Madara, Pain .... even the 4th Hokage had "gimmicks" to their techniques(with the possible exception of the rasengan ... I'll talk about that in a minute). That's why the 4th said that "the masked ninja saw through everything he tried the night he fought the fox". Their seems to always be some "chink" in the armor of each shinobi technique used in the manga, and that's how akatsuki were able to defeat seemingly much more powerful adversaries. Once a ninja reaches a certain level of power they seem to completely depend on that raw power alone, making them vulnerable to superior strategy or clever maneuvers. In Naruto's case, its always his "3 card monty" strategy that wins the day. In Shikamaru's case, its his ability to assess, process and then formulate a solid course of action in a fraction of the time that it would take most highly trained combatants.

That's why the 4th made the rasengan: its a technique that doesn't have any hidden stipulations or require any cleverness for it to be effective. It is what it is. A force of nature being wielded by whichever ninja has the ability to do so. In its complete form, Naruto doesn't have to rely as heavily on the KB and confront an enemy outright. That's the real strength of the FRS. Its doesn't require that you look into the user's eyes. It doesn't require that you sit around gathering natural energy. It doesn't require that you get a drop of your enemy's blood. Its simply just a force of nature in the palm of the user's hand free of gimmicks.

I hope Naruto doesn't receive anymore abilities, as he still has a way to go in regards of perfecting the abilities he's got(fox chakra, sage mode). Too many powers will make him a god, and then he will turn out no different than Pain once the conditions are right.

I think Naruto has the ability to beat Madara right now, just like he was able to defeat Pain. Its all in finding out the source of his power. Itachi himself said that Madara is just a shell of his former self. I'm not sure if Itachi was referring to Madara's integrity or the power that he commands, but either way I still believe that Madara isn't as powerful as he is manipulative.

Not every leader has to be the strongest or most powerful. Sometimes they just have to be the smartest, or simply have leverage over those who they command.

Lex Luther was hardly the most powerful villain, but he was a brilliant leader.

The Kingpin wasn't the most powerful bad guy, but he was a feared and formidable leader of super-powered criminals.

Makato Shishio was both a great and powerful leader, but I don't think he was as powerful as Seta Sojiro.

-Theory-

Since one of the underlying themes of Naruto is that youth will surpass the old, I truly believe that Itachi at some point was powerful enough to have defeated Madara. I believe that its just too convenient that Itachi was dying from some debilitating disease. I believe that Madara is responsible for Itachi's illness much like Apocalypse was responsible for Cable's debilitating infection in X-Men. Madara probably knew that Itachi had the potential to become greater than himself, but Itachi also had his wits about himself and was not the type to be a pawn. So, Madara crippled Itachi with the intent on manipulating the 2nd string eye jockey: Sasuke.

That's not to say that Madara isn't formidable. He did go toe to toe with the 1st Hokage and was able to avoid sustaining any injury in his encounter with the Leaf shinobi. Still, I think that the EMS probably has more to do with either Madara's longevity or his ability to control tailed beasts.

If Madara were as Uber powerful as some believe, why play the games of using akatsuki to do his bidding when he could have destroyed the entire Fire Nation alone or at least with just the help of Pain. There had to be a reason why they were operating in secret and using underlings to carry out tasks. All out destruction requires raw power like we saw from Pain, not cunning and finesse which Madara is known for.

My hope is that Nagato's hand signs are an attempt for seppuku to both end his misery and also to save Naruto from having to do the killing himself. That would effectively break the cycle of hate and killing. The killing would die with Nagato if he killed himself, leaving Naruto free to pursue Jiraya's dream without the burden of that cycle on his shoulders.

Also, that would set Naruto up on high moral ground for his confrontation with Sasuke. Naruto has now experienced great loss and grief, but he will get to say that he confronted it without giving into the hate the way that Sasuke selfishly did.

Undoubtedly there will be a lot of speech giving at that point.
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:24   Link #88
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
the last time we saw Naruto start a technique with the Ram seal it was his Sexy no Jutsu technique...so unless Nagato is going to perform a Sexy no Jutsu.
I would pay for see a woman who would be like an anorexic model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
its just a seal, however i would imagine he is going to transfer the rinnegan to naruto. now he has 3 eyes and the complete ability to control the nine tails..some how? lol
Naw... i dont think in that... i mean, Kishi already did that with Naruto and Itachi.

How about some release jutsu to free himself of the rods?
Old 2009-05-22, 00:27   Link #89
naruske

great chapter. but this is becoming so unpredictable. i dont know whats gonna happen
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:29   Link #90
Alchemist007
*Author

Looks like Nagato is about to shadow bind O_o

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2009-05-22 at 02:43. Reason: correctness
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:31   Link #91
Lendial

suicide would be a fitting end for nagato.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:40   Link #92
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I would pay for see a woman who would be like an anorexic model

Naw... i dont think in that... i mean, Kishi already did that with Naruto and Itachi.

How about some release jutsu to free himself of the rods?
Think he's gonna ditch the rods in Naruto and then Naruto will have control over...5 more narutos?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 01:13   Link #93
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Nice chapter indeed. I must say I am pleasantely surprised between the comparison of Naruto/Nagato. Going by Kishimoto's previous 3-man formula Naruto should have mirrored Yahiko (big dreams, the drive to be the best and so on) and Sasuke should have mirrored Nagato (calm, collected, uses a doujutsu). But, Naruto is the very representation of Nagato's young self and the living entity of "faith" that he threw away. You know, I guess this is now one of the core themes in the seies: "belief and faith". Tsunade stated that the 2 advisors lacked faith in their own people, Jiraiya believed that peace can be achieved and now Naruto told Nagato to believe that he can change the world. I don't know how Kishimoto came up with this but I am liking it. Super-ninja battles are exciting and all but this is satisfying regardless.
Old 2009-05-22, 01:41   Link #94
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
ha yea its unlikely he will get the rinnegan.. however, perhaps Nagato will awaken narutos 2nd element?
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 02:08   Link #95
taco

He really could say anything.
Chapter 449:
Nagato: I will believe in you.
Nagato: But you're in my way so gtfo.
*uses some binding jutsu on Naruto*

Anywho, hopefully the flashbacks are over soon. I'm not saying I don't like them but I believe Kishi could've sped flashbacks a lot.
taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 03:04   Link #96
TRU
Here but isn't here.

I believe Nagato is about to do what Itachi did. Which is give Naruto some of his powers since Nagato doesn't seem like he has much time left to live..
TRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 03:13   Link #97
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... Why do I get this sinking feeling that Nagato is going to pull some lolz technique that restores Konoha to what it was before?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 03:24   Link #98
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, use over 1,000 localised basho tenshins and stitch everything back up! I would prefer a doujutsu where he tells Naruto everything he knows about Akatsuki and Madara, that would lead to an interesting little chapter of how exactly they met...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 04:21   Link #99
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yeah, use over 1,000 localised basho tenshins and stitch everything back up! I would prefer a doujutsu where he tells Naruto everything he knows about Akatsuki and Madara, that would lead to an interesting little chapter of how exactly they met...
That would be cool. It's not unlikely either because... afterall Nagato has shown the ability of telepathy. He communicated with the other Akatsuki members like that.

Really though... i think he'll plug out the rods from his own body..which will most likely lead to a negative effect. Either he'll die (slowly) or.... his powers are greatly reduced... it's seems extremely likely now that Nagato will die somehow.
But once again...i really like to see him as an ally of Konoha.

It would be sooo sweet if Konan replaces Kurenai as (temporary stand-in) sensei and Nagato who would (temporary) replace Kakashi. Naruto should either lie and make up a story to see them as new assests...victims of Akatsuki or... tell the truth... and give them the chance to prove themselves. But...that's like asking for Michael Jorden to fly from one basket to the other...
Old 2009-05-22, 04:48   Link #100
Alchemist007
*Author

Kage bunshin is the plus sign with fingers. This one is Shikamaru's shadow bind (with some variation probably).