AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 04:50   Link #5861
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'm using Windows 7 Starter on a netbook around two years old.
A few days ago, said netbook started closing on me without warning whenever the battery went down to around 10%.

What should I do?
Old 2012-06-15, 07:24   Link #5862
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I'm using Windows 7 Starter on a netbook around two years old.
A few days ago, said netbook started closing on me without warning whenever the battery went down to around 10%.

What should I do?

Probably is the battery..try the calibration

This a guide that can help you

http://batterycare.net/en/guide.html#descTot
Old 2012-06-15, 07:54   Link #5863
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Kids these days with their modern technology.

Well I guess it's to be expected, there's rarely ever a day when I'm not using this for hours on end.
Old 2012-06-15, 17:49   Link #5864
Solafighter
Hige

Another thing, im curious about. Google couldnt help me, so far.

In BIOS, i changed the HPET value from 32 to 64 bit (since i have a 64 bit system, that makes sense). After i made the change, do i have to format and re-install Windows? Or is it ok to leave it be and it will use 64 bit?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 2012-06-15, 19:28   Link #5865
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ Kids these days with their modern technology.

Well I guess it's to be expected, there's rarely ever a day when I'm not using this for hours on end.
As a word of advice, it's generally better to keep your laptop/notebook/netbook plugged into the power supply whenever you can.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 21:24   Link #5866
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Another thing, im curious about. Google couldnt help me, so far.

In BIOS, i changed the HPET value from 32 to 64 bit (since i have a 64 bit system, that makes sense). After i made the change, do i have to format and re-install Windows? Or is it ok to leave it be and it will use 64 bit?

Thanks a lot in advance.
HPET seems to be a timer. So switching it to 64 bit will only increase the precision (it counts up in much smaller/shorter steps, or it can count up for a longer time span). It's purpose seems to be, to get interrupt events into the right order, via precise timestamps. I have no idea, what good 64bit precision will do you. My guess is, you'd need this setting only if you were planning to use your PC to measure the speed of neutrinos... something like that.

This has nothing to do with a 32bit, or 64bit OS. That's about address space.

Your Windows OS (the software you bought) is either 32bit, or 64bit to begin with. It will not switch between the two, ever. Those are two different pieces of software. If you got the 32bit version, you will have to stick with that, or buy the 64bit version.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 03:08   Link #5867
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
As a word of advice, it's generally better to keep your laptop/notebook/netbook plugged into the power supply whenever you can.
Really? I remember reading in one battery help site that it's better to just use the battery.
Old 2012-06-16, 05:38   Link #5868
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

a person still remember his mother language after he lost his memory, but what about 2nd and 3rd language? will he also remember them if he reached the fluent level?
Old 2012-06-16, 11:24   Link #5869
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
a person still remember his mother language after he lost his memory, but what about 2nd and 3rd language? will he also remember them if he reached the fluent level?
Possibly. Language is locked in the brain's subconscious because reactions to speech are largely controlled by your motor movements of mouth and vocal cords - although the brain processes the speech into logic, often the language AND tone which the person was spoken to in is usually replied in the same language and tone directly from reflex.

With regards to fluency, it is dependent on which format which he/she projects it in more, read/write or listen/speak. I remember once my GP teacher told me that being a vulgarity-and-insult spewing 17-year-old in school, they didn't expect me to write 7-8 pages for essays drawing content like most of the other members do on the threads under General Chat - the same writing style I have had here and everywhere else.

Of course, what people who can't accept those who speak their mind call it "verbal diarrhoea". No wonder they are so full of shit because they don't clean out their insides often.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 20:29   Link #5870
Seitsuki
Onee!

It's important to remember that your brain is very compartmentalised. Things like memory, skills, personality, etc are housed in different areas and depending on what areas are subject to abuse different outcomes will occur.

Audial language comprehension is housed primarily in Broca's area of the brain. Long term memory is generally associated with the hippocampus.
Old 2012-06-18, 20:01   Link #5871
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Since somebody has opened a UFO thread... I always wanted to ask this...

Why does UFO has to round in shape? Any scientific or theoretical explanation?

The only reason in my mind are about, easier space travel or atmospheric decent..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 20:04   Link #5872
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Since somebody has opened a UFO thread... I always wanted to ask this...

Why does UFO has to round in shape?
Actually, a lot of the "UFOs of the supposedly alien kind" are other shapes. Cylinders, boxes, pie plates, triangles have all been reported or photographed.

If you meant "flying saucers" ... those are just the more media popularized ones. UFO simply means "Unidentified Flying Object" in aviation speak, it does not automatically mean "I think I've seen a flying device piloted by creatures from another planet". Another word often used is "bogey" which derives from an old term for legendary ghostlike creatures with no specific appearance.
Old 2012-06-18, 20:05   Link #5873
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Oh there are many different types of UFO's but the disc shape gained popularity due to science fiction books of the 40s - 60s. Though there are many shapes of UFOs claimed to be seen in sightings such as: diskoid / saucer, spheroid, ovoid, conical, cylindrical / cigar, triangular, and the boomerang to name a few~
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 20:08   Link #5874
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, a lot of the "UFOs of the supposedly alien kind" are other shapes. Cylinders, boxes, pie plates, triangles have all been reported or photographed.
I'll search pics like this.. It interest me more...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 02:30   Link #5875
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

What exactly is the point of an argument?

I used to get into a lot of arguments, but a thought crossed my mind that maybe it was just pointless. Think of it this way: how often is it that you or the other person walks away with different beliefs? If you're not convincing each other no matter what, then what is the point other than maybe making yourself seem more intelligent, ridiculing the other person, or passive-aggressive venting?

Maybe it can be thought of as a way to keep your mind sharp, but at the cost of stressing out? What is the point?

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 02:33   Link #5876
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawarimi View Post

I used to get into a lot of arguments, but a thought crossed my mind that maybe it was just pointless. Think of it this way: how often is it that you or the other person walks away with different beliefs? If you're not convincing each other no matter what, then what is the point other than maybe making yourself seem more intelligent, ridiculing the other person, or passive-aggressive venting?

Maybe it can be thought of as a way to keep your mind sharp, but at the cost of stressing out? What is the point?
You point out the very scenario that the author of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" made in the book. Great book, hasn't worked for me though, but makes a ton of sense~ To answer your question, I often wonder about that too. A lot of times I surrender and say "You're right" because I can't be bothered. Arguing usually leads to two unhappy people. If it's my love and he isn't an abusive jerk, I don't see reasons to argue either. Talking yes, compromise yes, arguing no.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 02:44   Link #5877
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawarimi View Post

I'd say the point would basically try to present a fact or reason that the other party might be unaware, or to point out some flaw or weakness in their reasoning/logic/defense that they may have over looked previously in order to persuade them or some outside 3rd party.

Though obviously some issues for arguments will fall into more gray or vague areas which causes both sides to continue because they feel or believe they are right, or that the other side is wrong for some reason, even if neither will back down, then they might at least be able to see some validity or insight in the other side after hearing all they have to say in the argument, even if they still disagree. It depends how you define "argument" exactly though, because I don't think an "argument" has to be disrespectful by default anyways.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 02:44   Link #5878
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuno View Post
You point out the very scenario that the author of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" made in the book. Great book, hasn't worked for me though, but makes a ton of sense~ To answer your question, I often wonder about that too. A lot of times I surrender and say "You're right" because I can't be bothered. Arguing usually leads to two unhappy people. If it's my love and he isn't an abusive jerk, I don't see reasons to argue either. Talking yes, compromise yes, arguing no.
^ Yeah, it does feel like wasted effort, especially if it's with a person you care about. One bad argument could jeopardize your relationship with them, is proving yourself right, saving face, or just plain stubbornness worth more than them? I'd like to think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I'd say the point would basically try to present a fact or reason that the other party might be unaware, or to point out some flaw or weakness in their reasoning/logic/defense that they may have over looked previously in order to persuade them or some outside 3rd party.

Though obviously some issues for arguments will fall into more gray or vague areas which causes both sides to continue because they feel or believe they are right, or that the other side is wrong for some reason, even if neither will back down, then they might at least be able to see some validity or insight in the other side after hearing all they have to say in the argument, even if they still disagree. It depends how you define "argument" exactly though, because I don't think an "argument" has to be disrespectful by default anyways.
Oh yes I'm certainly not saying that it's always 4chan level, but you don't have to hear them shouting at you to know it's stressing them out.

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Old 2012-06-19, 04:30   Link #5879
Zakoo

Convincing each others is generally impossible in the case of an argument, things are never black or white as such there are a multitudes point of view possible on one question. The goal then is simply to convince people who have no POV on the question. That s why people argue and rarely they argue when there is nobody around to read their arguments (be it on TV or internet).

There s also the fact of non sensical argumants, those most used nowadays as authority or ad personam. Same for some rhetoric figures, to point the fallacy of those who use it is the very essence of an argument. That s what did Socrate back then.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 04:32   Link #5880
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

^ Oh right I forgot about public debates, the objective is pretty clear in that case.

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD

Tags
problem, q&a, serious