AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-14, 08:58   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Chrome Shelled Regios Manga Discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the manga of Chrome Shelled Regios by Shūsuke Amagi, drawn by Miyuu.

First published April 2007 in Dragon Age Pure.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 18:10   Link #2
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
So, because no one comment this, i bump this thread

Spoiler for Vol.01:

I found this first vol. really good and funny, this is a side story of the chara, that remember me the side story of Mikoto and Judgment stuff for To aru, i like the artist, that remember me the style design of the novels, so i prefer this over Missing Mail (i don't saw Secret Side), and surely i prefer see sidestory and other things instead of a different story as for Missing Mail or Secret Side.
This first vol. tells we more of Nina and her development as platoon's leader (probably is around 6-7 episode of the anime), we see a school lesson and a rescue for a kidnapping (no other scans for now, i think missing 2-3 chapter); I love the expressions that have the chara in this manga, deformed too, and because the author of Regios has decided to include more aspects of the characters that probably omitted in the novels (we saw a different story instead on Missing Mail and Secret Side, because probably he want give to Layfon a different spot in the story, with different situations)

Spoiler for Vol.02:

Many people told that this manga probably is a side story focuses more on Nina, but after I saw this cover I'm starting to think that each volume will deal with different stories for any chara, so probably the second vol, which is released on 9 April, probably is a side story focuses more on Felli, but this are only speculations
Old 2009-06-22, 08:28   Link #3
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

As Tjaard said, I enjoyed this manga more than Missing Mail as new side-story was pretty entertaining (hilarious exchanges with super-deformed FTW!) and the artist is the same with those of the novels, which were based upon for the anime as well. Also it's good to see unexplored pasts of the characters, I enjoyed Nina's flashbacks.

Is there any knowledge if the second volume will be translated anytime soon? Felli focused or not, I'm certainly enjoying this manga.

Oh and the note by the artist Miyuu on the cover was hilarious: "Who the hell designed this pain in the ass uniform?" "You did!" Awesome uniforms indeed but I can sympathize with her, looks tough to draw them.
Spoiler for Sharnid questioning the child's origin and Chapter 3:
Ultramarinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 11:52   Link #4
AFreak

Question Secret Side question?

I’ve seen the anime Chrome Shelled Regios and loved it. But there was an inconclusive ending, and I would like get more in to the story and read the manga’s Chrome Shelled Regios and Chrome Shelled Regios: Missing Mail. Missing mail was a shoujo version (not really that good after my opinion) and the other was a side story (quit good). I then found out about Chrome Shelled Regions: Secret Side. This looked like what I was looking for but, it’s impossible to find! Can someone please help me! Anyone knows where to read or download it?

Ps.
In Missing Mail I found everything to be from a more girlish kind of view, I guess that’s only natural in a shoujo, and Layfon to both more weak and feminine! Now that’s taking it too far.
Chrome Shelled Regios was a lot better and quiet entertaining even do I don’t think they would fit in the main story (like the whole kidnapping of that kid before their first mach).
In the end no one of them was close to being as god as the anime.
AFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 05:15   Link #5
Morzhul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFreak View Post
I’ve seen the anime Chrome Shelled Regios and loved it. But there was an inconclusive ending, and I would like get more in to the story and read the manga’s Chrome Shelled Regios and Chrome Shelled Regios: Missing Mail. Missing mail was a shoujo version (not really that good after my opinion) and the other was a side story (quit good). I then found out about Chrome Shelled Regions: Secret Side. This looked like what I was looking for but, it’s impossible to find! Can someone please help me! Anyone knows where to read or download it?

Ps.
In Missing Mail I found everything to be from a more girlish kind of view, I guess that’s only natural in a shoujo, and Layfon to both more weak and feminine! Now that’s taking it too far.
Chrome Shelled Regios was a lot better and quiet entertaining even do I don’t think they would fit in the main story (like the whole kidnapping of that kid before their first mach).
In the end no one of them was close to being as god as the anime.
I am also quite curious to know where one finds the anime's for CSR... I have spent hours trolling through the internet and not even amazon.com or ebay have any english versions of CSR... sad day.. I really liked the story, and since it seems they won't be finishing the anime i decided i wanted to read the manga so i can finish it.. Really holding out for layfon and felli to get together :3 If anyone knows where i can buy the entire series IN ENGLISH pretty please... then please let me know.
Morzhul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 05:28   Link #6
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's on Netflix if you have a subscription. Although I personally think the dubbed version is shit. Sounds like one person voicing all the characters and when a female voice is needed someone kicks him in the balls to voice it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 22:51   Link #7
Morzhul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It's on Netflix if you have a subscription. Although I personally think the dubbed version is shit. Sounds like one person voicing all the characters and when a female voice is needed someone kicks him in the balls to voice it...
LOL you must be referring to the ditae tech's voice actor Yung Bosh. Yeah Funimation uses a set crew for their dub's but personally I like them. and though the anime is there, the ending was such a massive cliffhanger you thought there would be more to the anime... but 4 years later and no announcement of a season 2 thus the obvious desire for the manga so I can finish the series..
Morzhul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 00:03   Link #8
Nilsmarten

Hey I have just been watching chrome shelled Regios on animax and was wondering exactly which of the manga's was it based on. Since the wikipedia seems to mention like 3 different chrome shelled Regios mangas.
Nilsmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 05:46   Link #9
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsmarten View Post
Hey I have just been watching chrome shelled Regios on animax and was wondering exactly which of the manga's was it based on. Since the wikipedia seems to mention like 3 different chrome shelled Regios mangas.
from what i know.. there are two main light novel series... the original time line "chrome shelled regios" and the prequel of the original that gives back story "legend of regios"

the anime would most likely be the original as i have heard no news of an anime adaption for the prequel

as for the manga, i believe 2 of them would most likely be side stories (which should be "missing mail" and "secret side")

edit..

my msitake.. there is an 3 epsiode anime adaption for the prequel "legend of regios"
Old 2012-08-25, 23:56   Link #10
Nilsmarten

Amazing

Hey I love the manga and the anime. I have been reading and watching it. But now I'm looking for something good that is about the same as this manga. you know action sci fi.
Nilsmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 00:08   Link #11
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

In that case I recommend you look up the novels on bakatsuki.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 11:26   Link #12
-Id-

Hi! chrome shelled Regios is active here?
-Id- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 13:23   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally! Another group has continue scanlating this version of the manga.

Spoiler for c07:
Old 2013-11-06, 22:37   Link #14
diane_cheeze
Social Sipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Finally! Another group has continue scanlating this version of the manga.

Spoiler for c07:
Awesome! Been waiting for it to continue!
Old 2013-11-06, 22:38   Link #15
cloud04
Scanlator

uhh you guys know the manga ended right?

Tags
fantasy, shounen