Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 02:06   Link #6161
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I haven't actually purchased the M103 yet, and I want to free XP a bit more to unlock the gun before I get slaughtered at Tier 9, so the existing crew will have a little more time to work up.
Yes, this is the best idea for the M103: You really do not want to be caught using the 105mm T5E1 at Tier IX, unless you're a true masochist.

Some people I know swear by the 120mm T122 gun, to the point where some people actually suggest getting the 120mm M58 gun for free (by a given definition of "free") by unlocking and purchasing the T110E5. Personally, just grind up to the M58 gun to truly make the M103 the awesome (if fickle) fighting machine it's meant to be. The M103 actually has a playstyle more akin to a medium tank than the T32: fully upgraded and with 100% crew you can outturn some mediums, allowing you to keep your front armor and gun on them at all times, and despite the 35kph speed cap you're agile enough to flank, which you can combine with your powerful gun for massive damage

Another point to remember: You can get the tracks on the M103 dead last, since you can mount all of the other modules without it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 02:25   Link #6162
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yes, this is the best idea for the M103: You really do not want to be caught using the 105mm T5E1 at Tier IX, unless you're a true masochist.

Some people I know swear by the 120mm T122 gun, to the point where some people actually suggest getting the 120mm M58 gun for free (by a given definition of "free") by unlocking and purchasing the T110E5. Personally, just grind up to the M58 gun to truly make the M103 the awesome (if fickle) fighting machine it's meant to be. The M103 actually has a playstyle more akin to a medium tank than the T32: fully upgraded and with 100% crew you can outturn some mediums, allowing you to keep your front armor and gun on them at all times, and despite the 35kph speed cap you're agile enough to flank, which you can combine with your powerful gun for massive damage

Another point to remember: You can get the tracks on the M103 dead last, since you can mount all of the other modules without it.
IMO, if you enjoy the M103 already, it's not a bad idea to skip the M58 to get it for free when you research the T110E5, especially if you plan on keeping the M103. You'll save about 60,000 exp. Though the grind at tier 9/10 is more about credits than exp...
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 02:28   Link #6163
Sumeragi
Banned

If someone's in the game right now, can they check my Löwe's battles, kill count, and total damages? Thanks.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 02:46   Link #6164
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
If someone's in the game right now, can they check my Löwe's battles, kill count, and total damages? Thanks.
Battles: 276 (51.41%, 3 to 51.5%)
Kills: 202 (0.73)
Damage: 278,844 (1010)

btw, what does "Kankou" mean?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 02:56   Link #6165
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
btw, what does "Kankou" mean?
桓皇

Heavenly Sovereign.
Old 2013-05-10, 03:06   Link #6166
LeoXiao
思想工作

I see. Couldn't get the idea that it had something to do with "Kankoku" out of my head despite the ridiculousness of such a notion
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 03:14   Link #6167
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I see. Couldn't get the idea that it had something to do with "Kankoku" out of my head despite the ridiculousness of such a notion
What the hell is that suppose to mean?
Old 2013-05-10, 03:16   Link #6168
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
What the hell is that suppose to mean?
South Korea

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 03:49   Link #6169
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
During the platoon this morning Pen3 asked a weird question (for me at least): why was I at 53% and rising, while he was stuck at 52% (though with a whole lot more battle experience). If you look through my stats, I think the answer would be very obvious to see: per tank, I have far less matches than, say, Sumeragi, on the same tank or tier (see her Ipanzer battles to mine).

In short, I choose my battles, and I don't really push my luck. When I get a win on a tank, that's it for the day for that tank, then I move on to the next. Also I'm very streak-averse, which was why prior to the recent Derp tier-V rampages over the past week or so, I literally played only in 3-game bursts. And when I win two games, I take a break. Rinse and repeat.

All those 2-wins over 1 loss in 3 games started to add up, really.

Oh, and unrelated. Yet another low-percentage match that somehow pulled through, because the other team literally got careless and rushed the middle hill area one at a time... to the team already there. Collectively, they were low-percentile players, but when focusing-fire, they're still several guns trained on one target. Then the next. Then the NEXT. Incidentally, the Type 58 that finally got me somehow bounced several APCR shots, from the side. It's a mystery, really.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-10, 06:01   Link #6170
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
IMO, if you enjoy the M103 already, it's not a bad idea to skip the M58 to get it for free when you research the T110E5, especially if you plan on keeping the M103. You'll save about 60,000 exp. Though the grind at tier 9/10 is more about credits than exp...
I enjoyed the M103 best once I got the M58 gun though, and I normally don't grind to the next tank in a configuration I don't enjoy, especially in high tier tanks

Though I've been playing the M103 less often due to the simple fact that doing so would bankrupt me with my current credit amount

(Damn, still a week to go till I can tank again. Missed two weekend events already ;-; )

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-05-10, 09:20   Link #6171
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

My first Tier X, the IS-7, has been acquired;

Images
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 09:21   Link #6172
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Images
Congrats! The old classic tier 10
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 10:26   Link #6173
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Images
Classic Tier 10. Tested and tried. Soviet Rugged, Reliable & Scary... will only get buffed and never nerfed. Good choice, good insurance. Now get your behind ready, for we must do a IS-7 platoon!

Quote:
桓皇

Heavenly Sovereign.
Huh!?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-05-10 at 10:37.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 10:26   Link #6174
Gravitas Free Zone

So yeah, I sent WG some more of my money...

Images

Aside from the KV-5, which they keep dangling at us, the Tier 8 premium sale appears to be a better deal, if you have the gold, than buying the same vehicles through the gift shop... because the gift shop is usually a money trap.

Also, even before noon on a Friday on the East Coast, things have already gotten really weird because of the event weekend.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:13   Link #6175
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Speaking of XVM saying doom and gloom, yet pulling through:

14% prediction!

Images

Won this one because their highest-scorers (the DB and the two T-43s) were nice enough to stand under the bridge in plain sight for me to help derp them to death.

42%!

Images

Another one. Funny how our team's T-62a actually gave up at this point, but we won because the hill was undefended (we took out the T57 Heavy and the T-62A there in short order, then plunged down to kill their arty. When me and 3 other tanks capped, the other team panicked just as they were close to our own flag, and were focused fired to death by the guys still close to tank alley.
Old 2013-05-10, 11:53   Link #6176
willx
Nyaaan~~

Interesting, chance for people to get a Tetrarch .. but you have to buy other things for it:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....8#entry4329688
Old 2013-05-10, 12:06   Link #6177
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
will only get buffed and never nerfed.
AFAIK the recent changes to armor mechanics in 8.0 actually nerfed the IS-7's lower plate strength, making it weaker. Also, the IS-7 hasn't been the preferred tank in clan wars since the T110 (E5) was introduced.

Old 2013-05-10, 12:07   Link #6178
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

M103 best tier 9 in my disposal of tanks, the 120mm has the same pen as it t10 counterpart. the down sideside is the turret cheeks are its massive weak pt therefore hull down isn't an option since the hull is actually better. the reload i think is 9.41 or somewhere above 9. overall a good tank despite ppl dislike its vulnerabilities... I can make it work.
Old 2013-05-10, 12:18   Link #6179
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
AFAIK the recent changes to armor mechanics in 8.0 actually nerfed the IS-7's lower plate strength, making it weaker. Also, the IS-7 hasn't been the preferred tank in clan wars since the T110 (E5) was introduced.
Funny thing, the IS-7's lower plate is never as revealing as German tanks, and pretty easy to hide. Trying to shoot the lower from range is not an easy endeavor.

People kept on stating the E5's CW status, but I prefer the handling of the IS-7. It is tested & tried with Soviet ruggedness. Personally, I see very little not to like on the IS-7. It does everything quite well.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 12:24   Link #6180
12ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Funny thing, the IS-7's lower plate is never as revealing as German tanks, and pretty easy to hide. Trying to shoot the lower from range is not an easy endeavor.

People kept on stating the E5's CW status, but I prefer the handling of the IS-7. It is tested & tried with Soviet ruggedness. Personally, I see very little not to like on the IS-7. It does everything quite well.

- Tak
Most likely because the T110E5 has greatly superior gunnery characteristic than the IS-7: .5 better accuracy, 1s lower aim-time, -2 more depression, better rof.

The IS-7 is definitely the hardier of the two, though, and better-suited for brawling due to higher alpha, thicker sides, wicked slope, and smaller lower glacis. They're both good heavies, imo. I know I'll be getting at least one of them after I get my two German meds.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks