2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-01, 07:22   Link #1041
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Then he would be last place of ALL existing Rounds because his number is so huge... duh... XD
That's why I said Infinity Plus One. Haven't you heard of the Plus One exception of 1994?
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 07:30   Link #1042
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
With a little more time to rethink about the eps i really didnt like it, except the part where LL rubbed Charles and Marianne's nose into the truth. Charles and Marianne's motivation and pseudo plan to protect LL was just so facepalmingly stupid it made me question the revelance of these 2 whole season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

Was that really Kallen in the first preview?
KALULU WINS!
I m not pointing you in particular but mostely commenting on those who think that Kallen x LL is settled.
How can you be so sure? What LL did is exactely what Kallen hate. He is now siding with Suzaku as his personal knight (role wich was hers up to now) and we know how she feels about Suzaku.
Kallen walking with LL could easely be their final meeting where all the remaining bridge are burn. She ll want answers and as we know LL is not the kind of person to explain his motive and actions to others and even if it means becoming the epicenter of all the hate, he ll shoulder the blame or be as evasive as one can be.
LL admited that lying was necessary for this world to go round and that truth was not the solution i m guessing he ll lie to her and that ll be their last straw.
I m kinda guessing he is going to appear like a demon to stand against Schneizel and noone will ever really know beside a selected few why he did such a thing and everyone will think he was an ass when he would have just did them all a huge favor.
I hope i m wrong as if there is to be a pairing i prefer the pairing LL x Kallen to LL x CC.
On a general note in 99% of the story the 2 main characters end up with each other reguardless of the past or the other characters that appeared during the story. The apparition of a potential love rival is there just to supposdly spice things up but the majority of the audience knows that there is nothing to expect from said rival.
There is so many example of this that it s really getting old so i really that CG is going to be in the 1% and pull an innovative ending or a Kallen x LL end instead of the 2 predictables one : single or LL x CC.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 07:32   Link #1043
Finre

Lelouch obtained Mangekyou Geass from killing his parents
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 07:34   Link #1044
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Kallen doesn't really hate Britannia, she hates the Britannian occupation. Though, I'm not saying she hasn't tried to hate Britannia and Britannians. She did, fortunately for her she became friends with the student council and fell in love with a Britannian prince. She won't have much to hate about Lelouch if he frees Japan.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 07:45   Link #1045
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Kallen doesn't really hate Britannia, she hates the Britannian occupation. Though, I'm not saying she hasn't tried to hate Britannia and Britannians. She did, fortunately for her she became friends with the student council and fell in love with a Britannian prince. She won't have much to hate about Lelouch if he frees Japan.
Or gives it to Suzaku as his Ko0 (0=zero)
Then she would be pissed
Old 2008-09-01, 07:51   Link #1046
Bloodseeker

Why is Marianne such a sexy hyper slut?
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 08:22   Link #1047
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Why is Marianne such a sexy hyper slut?
I bet Charles had an awesome time with her given how energetic she was this episode. Charles, you picked a lovely wife. XD
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 09:45   Link #1048
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
ALL HAIL LELOUCH BABY!!

He's the king of the world, Huh? You know what i mean?

Finally, Next up:- SHENEIZEL!

9 out of 10!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:07   Link #1049
mashimaro_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
He geassed them into accepting him as the new Emperor. I don't remember the exact sentence.
Can he Geass through the broadcast to everyone watching television?????

To all Britannians ?
mashimaro_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:07   Link #1050
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finre View Post
Lelouch obtained Mangekyou Geass from killing his parents
That just made me lol
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:12   Link #1051
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimaro_boy View Post
Can he Geass through the broadcast to everyone watching television?????

To all Britannians ?
No, he can't
since Schneizel was watching TV as well, and he was not affected.
Old 2008-09-01, 10:26   Link #1052
Ashura Shamshir
The Violin The Poets Hand

This episode was awesomeness 10/10.
Ashura Shamshir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:39   Link #1053
Baixinho

This Episode was just too much epic for me.

I mean sure, there were some plot weirdness (come on... ONE MONTH time skip???), and some deus ex machina (lol at the Geassing God ), but the pacing was actually very good, the Marianne / Charles / Lelouch speech confrontation awesome, with Lelouch gaining even more respect that might have already had for him, C.C. and Lelouch interaction just perfect, just like good old times, and Lelouch ans Suzaku freaking ruling the Britanian Empire together. While I can't say this really made me like Suzaku more, I am so looking forward to see some full power Lelouch/Suzaku epicness in the upcoming episodes

All in all, even if there was some downsides considering the plot, this episode is still a 10/10 for me, and I just can't wait for 22 !!!
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:56   Link #1054
Franckisted

Quote:
C.C. and Lelouch interaction just perfect, just like good old times,
That I can not understand.
Just were did you see that it was "like good old times"?

For Lelouch/Suzaku... I personnaly think it's a temporary truce, and once they "win" against Shneizel, the truce will be gone.
(that is if they win against him and nobody dies before of course. ^^ )
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 11:04   Link #1055
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
That I can not understand.
Just were did you see that it was "like good old times"?

For Lelouch/Suzaku... I personnaly think it's a temporary truce, and once they "win" against Shneizel, the truce will be gone.
(that is if they win against him and nobody dies before of course. ^^ )
I mean, understanding each other with only a few words. That was what I liked the most between the 2 of them.
Even if I recon that their fate looks a lot darker now.

About Suzaku/Lelouch, I actually don't really care the reasons and the outcome of their partnership, but I am just very excited to see what they can achieve together.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 11:29   Link #1056
Scion

Was Kallen walking with Lelouch in the promo for the next episode or is it somebody else?
Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 11:29   Link #1057
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
Was Kallen walking with Lelouch in the promo for the next episode or is it somebody else?
that's lelouch
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 11:45   Link #1058
Yorae_paladin1

Nice ep. As for Kallen she was kinda like this when in her mind when lulu made suzaku his knight.

"What the fuck Lelouch I am your knight why the hell did you pick that bastard Kururugi! I hate you Suzaku i really hate you!"
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 11:50   Link #1059
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Nice ep. As for Kallen she was kinda like this when in her mind when lulu made suzaku his knight.

"What the fuck Lelouch I am your knight why the hell did you pick that bastard Kururugi! I hate you Suzaku i really hate you!"
Meh, Kallen has no one to blame but herself if she doesn't join Lelouch's forces next week.

There's a Knight of Seven position open and everything.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 11:54   Link #1060
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

After watching the sub, I decided to give this episode 8/10. I actually thought this episode was quite good, and offered a good conclusion for one of the most important storylines in the show.

The part that I liked most about the episode was how many of the things Lelouch has done seemed to be reflected in Marianne and Charles. Marianne words all hint to the theme of ''the ends justify the means'' with using Nunnally and Lelouch as an excuse to her action while not caring if they lived or died because in the end they would have all became ''one''. The difference being that Marianne never lied for the sake of the person she loves over the world, but rather for herself and to make the world in her image. In the end, both her and Charles were wrong for abandoning Nunnally and Lelouch for the sake of their world and received their punishment for doing so, in a manner similar to how Lelouch abandoned the Black Knights for the sake of Nunnally and then betrayed by them later on.

The part about Ragnarok got me thinking. The gods in Code Geass are basically all of the human’s souls that have died in the past gathered together in one place, and whenever a new human is born a soul is returned back to life to take a human shape. So when Charles said he wanted to slay the gods, he meant that he wanted to stop the cycle and stop the flow of death and rebirth, or time. So The Sword of Akasha would have most likely ‘’killed’’ the collective consciousness and would then return all those who died back to life and no one would then be able to die, and thus making all humans immortal. However, if the collective consciousness is where all human souls exist and is necessary to give life to new humans, once it is gone, there wouldn’t be any souls for new humans to be born. So had Ragnarok happened humanity would have been unable to give birth and it would be stuck in an infinite cycle where all human are forced to simply relive their memories, in other words, trapped in the past.

I also liked how V.V. and Charles was paralleled into Rolo and Lelouch. Both V.V. and Rolo killed the women who might have taken their brothers form them. It is just a shame that V.V. was not developed enough and had to die in one episode. (I also liked how the alluded to the first episode when Lelouch was reading The Divine Comedy only to flash a line from it in this episode).

About the whole Lelouch uses geass on Jupiter I don’t think that was actually Jupiter, but rather the collective appearing as Jupiter. V is after all usually referred to as the god of gods in ancient mythology, so it is not that hard to believe that the director thought it would be a good idea to include that bit of symbolism. As for using the geass on it, Lelouch said that he wasn’t giving it a command but making a wish (in a since, praying to God) that there would be a tomorrow, and used his geass to create a ‘’bridge’’ for his wish.

I wonder if Ōkouchi is a fan of Aonuma?

The thing I didn’t like about this episode is how they seem to be introducing new characters when some of the development of the old ones (Li Xing) haven’t been finished yet. Seriously, if there is any fault with code geass it would have to be the character overloud they have. Also, I am starting to get annoyed when ever Gino shows up or says even a word. It just seems as if this guy is just there so he can eat someone else’s screen time since the beginning.

Other than that, it was a really good episode, especially with the cliff hanger. It gave the impression that from this point onwards it will truly be a start of a new era for the world. I know that I should be more supprised about what happened, but it could be because I got used how the show works that all of these things just seemed normal to me by now.

I think that is the longest thing I wrote on AnimeSuki ever XD.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote