GDB

Ubel got worfed, poor thing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 06:44   Link #702
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
We don't know exactly how it works yet, but at minimum it's implied that throwing the buildings and the blinding spell was not actually his magic and that it had something to do with what's in those vials instead.
That's why he could still attack even when he was bound by Sorganiel, and why he could've attacked Übel even when she was holding his wand.

We saw Grausam do something similar where he pretended to be the one casting Solitar's magic swords.
Lernen has also proven that you can store magic in bottles for someone else to use.
The three little lights are definitely what enabled him to cast those spells, but I don't get what they could be. It didn't seem like Übel could see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Himmel won. Ubel got her ass kicked. There's no comparison.
She still did pretty well given that she was completely blind and she's not supposed to be a warrior/hero. This makes me think actual warriors/hero could be able to replicate Himmel's feat, though obviously they'd need to be extremely skilled. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to imply Himmel was a fraud or anything, he was definitely the second strongest human after the Hero of the South in his prime. And even as an old man, he still kicked ass. Just saying it may not be something only he could do. Perhaps Stark will do the same in the future.
Old 2024-04-17, 07:53   Link #703
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The three little lights are definitely what enabled him to cast those spells, but I don't get what they could be. It didn't seem like Übel could see them.

She still did pretty well given that she was completely blind and she's not supposed to be a warrior/hero. This makes me think actual warriors/hero could be able to replicate Himmel's feat, though obviously they'd need to be extremely skilled. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to imply Himmel was a fraud or anything, he was definitely the second strongest human after the Hero of the South in his prime. And even as an old man, he still kicked ass. Just saying it may not be something only he could do. Perhaps Stark will do the same in the future.
Except that he wasn't. In Eisen's words, Eisen himself is just a guy who survives and isn't the strongest one of his race. We already know that there are stronger people than Eisen why should we think that is not the case with Himmel? My point is that the members of the Hero Party were strong but not the strongest.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 08:04   Link #704
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, the official twitter account is not even subtle

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-04-17 at 08:14.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 08:24   Link #705
grecefar

soon, ubel and land.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 10:46   Link #706
Shadow5YA

If Übel is permanently blind then I wouldn't be surprised if Land stays with her out of guilt and a sense of obligation like he did with his late grandmother.

There was a silhouette of a short-haired elf when Land brought up the Holy Wand Court magicians, so I wonder if we'll see another elf in this arc.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 13:29   Link #707
TURI123456

Quote:
If Übel is permanently blind then I wouldn't be surprised if Land stays with her out of guilt and a sense of obligation like he did with his late grandmother.

There was a silhouette of a short-haired elf when Land brought up the Holy Wand Court magicians, so I wonder if we'll see another elf in this arc.
Do you think that this is the Elf that defeated Frieren in the past?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 17:27   Link #708
Kazu-kun

Quote:
As Shadow5YA explained, Himmel was fighting while all his senses (not just his eyesight) were immersed in a powerful dream. You can't compare that to fighting while being blinded. Besides the craziness of being able to fight while all his senses are hijacked, there's also the massive amount of will-power required to resist the dream. Himmel was a total beast in every sense of the word. Ubel doesn't even begin to compare.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2024-04-19 at 01:25.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-18, 22:16   Link #709
Shadow5YA

From the sound of Ubel's conversation with Land, it sounded like she just realized that "feeling" the rope was an option, so she was most likely not entirely sure of herself when she was fighting Noi.
Himmel's senses by comparison were so sharp that he could pinpoint Solitar's location.

Not to mention that Grausam's magic didn't just hijack their senses, but it also brainwashed and manipulated their memories so they would believe it's real. The fact that Himmel noticed something was off at all without any divine protection is an accomplishment in of itself.

I'm sure Ubel will get her revenge match somewhere down the line, but right now she's not even close to where Himmel was at yet.
Old 2024-04-19, 18:14   Link #710
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Man, the official twitter account is not even subtle

Frieren's picture is mostly tragic because it can never be. Not like this seems to bug her much if at all, but that illusion they were stuck in makes me think she was not entirely opposed to the idea of marrying him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
soon, ubel and land.
Ubel and Land. He realizes she's a cold-blooded killer who acts on her whims, and she's aware he's overly cautious and incredibly aware of his surroundings despite appearing detached. Neither is fooled by the other's facade, and neither really trusts anybody...

I do question if this is the reason why she became so interested in him (aside from being intrigued by his magic). Maybe Ubel sees him as a challenging mark because she can't mess with him without being shot down, and he's not easy to deceive. It's possible Land is the only person who could spend a prolonged amount of time with her without either becoming her victim or killing her.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-19, 18:44   Link #711
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
I do question if this is the reason why she became so interested in him (aside from being intrigued by his magic). Maybe Ubel sees him as a challenging mark because she can't mess with him without being shot down, and he's not easy to deceive. It's possible Land is the only person who could spend a prolonged amount of time with her without either becoming her victim or killing her.
Ubel may show no remorse in battles but she has never killed anyone unprovoked.

The thieves she killed, Wirbel, and Noi the Special Forces Mage all attacked her first.
The one time she did initiate a fight was against Sense's clone, and she made sure to ask whether the fight was absolutely necessary first.

When she said that she could understand Wirbel's policy on killing, she meant it. The only difference is that she doesn't hesitate when it does turn into a fight while Wirbel holds back even when it does.
Old 2024-04-23, 06:57   Link #712
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Frieren's picture is mostly tragic because it can never be. Not like this seems to bug her much if at all, but that illusion they were stuck in makes me think she was not entirely opposed to the idea of marrying him.
That part confuses me. Was Frieren well aware that was of Himmel's illusion? Himmel never brings it up in that time travel arc directly if I recall other than saying he had a good dream thanks to the enemy.
Old 2024-04-23, 12:49   Link #713
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
That part confuses me. Was Frieren well aware that was of Himmel's illusion? Himmel never brings it up in that time travel arc directly if I recall other than saying he had a good dream thanks to the enemy.
It doesn't matter. It was an illusion from an enemy they had to beat.

That wasn't the time to be psychoanalyzing their feelings, not to mention it's questionable whether Frieren understands love in the first place.
Old 2024-04-23, 15:48   Link #714
GDB

Quote:
Results of the recent character popularity poll they had.

https://twitter.com/FRIEREN_PR/statu...42083987742889

#1 Frieren
#2 Himmel
#3 Fern
#4 Mimic
#5 Stark
#6 Übel
#7 Aura the Guillotine
#8 Denken
#9 Flamme
#10 Sein
I know you posted this last month, but I'm seeing a different result list now from what I assume is the manga, with Frieren being in fifth place and Aura second.

Or was the one you posted an anime popularity poll? Because this one today is absolutely a manga poll, given who was number 8 and 9.

*edit*
Looking into it, maybe the one I just saw was a "total votes", and the one you posted is with duplicate votes removed?
Old 2024-04-23, 17:57   Link #715
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 129:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I know you posted this last month, but I'm seeing a different result list now from what I assume is the manga, with Frieren being in fifth place and Aura second.

Or was the one you posted an anime popularity poll? Because this one today is absolutely a manga poll, given who was number 8 and 9.

*edit*
Looking into it, maybe the one I just saw was a "total votes", and the one you posted is with duplicate votes removed?
It's as surmised. The one you saw counted duplicate votes, the one posted by Shadow counted one vote per person. Obviously the latter gives us more accurate results.
Old 2024-04-23, 19:19   Link #716
Shadow5YA

It's not the focus of the chapter, but I like how Stark and Fern have grown close enough that they can share a blanket together without getting self-conscious about it.

Quote:
Spoiler for 129:
They've been able to sense monsters and demons that weren't mages up to this point. It's not like she's gauging their strength, just whether she can sense their presence or not.

I think it's reasonable for the Empire to be suspicious of an outsider powerful mage that's not under their control, but I don't see them being interested in spreading magic outside their borders either.
From everything that we've seen and heard of them, they appear to be fairly secretive.
Old 2024-04-24, 06:27   Link #717
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Is there anyone in the empire who's not part of one secret police or other?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-24, 06:33   Link #718
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Is there anyone in the empire who's not part of one secret police or other?
It's a secret police. They can't mention that
Old Yesterday, 17:00   Link #719
Shadow5YA

The series is going on an indefinite hiatus after this. The last time the series went on hiatus was for the anime adaptation (around ch110), so maybe a second season is coming.
(The normal skips don't count since they always announce when the next chapter is coming then)
Old Yesterday, 17:09   Link #720
GDB

With how well it did, I would not be surprised in the slightest by a second season.

Not sure why that causes a hiatus, but if it results in the quality we got for season one, bring it on.

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party