AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-28, 06:40   Link #41
Tenzen12

Maybe they did, but paper is degradable and irc settlement went through some rough times. It could simply be lost to time.
Old 2023-04-29, 10:16   Link #42
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Good episode. It's great to see Chrome come up with practical applications based on his newfound knowledge. The timeskip is very generous, but that's the nature of the show.

Only thing that concerns me is not having proper masks when dealing with asphalt, and one question I'm sure others have asked, but the show hasn't addressed (unless I completely missed this in season 1), which is why didn't the original space crew "invent" paper/ink or pass down their writing system/language/knowledge? If that had occurred, we would have a lot more "Chromes" and the advancement of their tribe would have been a bit further by the time Senku woke up.
On one hand, realistically speaking, it wouldn't have changed anything. Their descendants would have forgotten everything within a few generations anyway. On the other, realism doesn't exactly matter. I mean, they still call themselves Ishigami village after thousands of years.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-04, 16:09   Link #43
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Latest episode has more insight into Ryuusui's background. His "greed" and willpower knows no bounds!

The model ship becomes a real ship and most of the cast gets cherry picked to go aboard, even the not so good ones, but they're locked up!

It was a bit tear jerking as Minami pointed out the split up of the population. But hopefully Senku's reassurances kept her spirits up. Just curious why she was not called up or wanted to go sailing.

Sly sly Ginro...trying to look slick with his plan there at the end with the ladies but Senku had a hunch and Taiju goes retrieving. At least the duo are now back together.

Next episode should be interesting on the island.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-04, 19:08   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I know it's only episode 5, but I was starting to wonder if they'd never actually get this ship built. It felt like a year in reality just to get this thing in the water .

Fair enough that Senku was getting ready to scale things down. It was already taking a long time to get that ship ready. They couldn't afford to spend several years on it. But thankfully things worked out .

Ginro! Got exactly what he deserved!
Old 2023-05-04, 19:10   Link #45
grecefar

ginro doesn't know what karma is, still he looked good at the end so he should be happy.

btw ruri and kohaku's father is in the ship, I didn't remember that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-11, 13:59   Link #46
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

GPS??

Are the satellites still in orbit and functioning after a couple of millennia? I don't recall Senku launching any satellites.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-11, 16:00   Link #47
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Hmm...at first I thought it was one of Tsukasa's random henchmen, but it turns out this Soyuz guy (who didn't know his name at first and went nameless all his life, despite having a mother who found and raised him) was from the Treasure Island village.

I find it hard to believe that he would know where he came from (even if he was told by his "mother" he was found on the beach), since he got washed ashore as a baby. How would he remember what his original place look like, and wouldn't his allegiance be with the Ishigami village since he's basically all grown up now? Those tears as the island came to view made me quite skeptical. And for Senku and co. to so easily believe him and take his story in stride. Something doesn't really add up.

But other than that, loved the science part and the cut out of the ship, showing where everything was. Was a bit sad knowing that Senku's father and co. left all they could with the hopes that someone with superior knowledge/skills would find their treasures and revive humankind again, but they had to rely on those 100 tales and hope nothing got lost through each generation's tellings of the stories.
Old 2023-05-11, 21:31   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Senkuu: Man, this is great this Soyuz guy popped up to totally help us proceed in our goals!

Yeah... I love how just the right people in the right amount always pop up around you to further the plot...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-12, 00:09   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I wonder if they are being too optimistic here. True enough that reviving too many before they had the ability to create enough to save anyone and everyone is logical. But won't there still be chaos and bickering? Several billions have been petrified over the entire planet. There's still going to be a massive amount of discussion and debate about what regions to visit. It could take decades if not much more than that just to find all the people across the globe. But I guess that's an inevitable struggle. At least they won't have to struggle with the arguments about saving one person vs another. It just reaches a far larger scale about spreading out and sending out fleets of rescue parties.

But that's a long, long, long, way off. They still have to deal with whoever is on that island and the Why-Man who may or may not be involved with the petrifaction of humanity in the first place.

Nice little sea adventure, but will be back on land to work things out with the island people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Senkuu: Man, this is great this Soyuz guy popped up to totally help us proceed in our goals!

Yeah... I love how just the right people in the right amount always pop up around you to further the plot...
Honestly I think he's entirely unnecessary. He can't offer them directions...he was a baby when he left that island. And frankly it should have been obvious that people were living on that island even without this guy being there to prove it. Just pure deduction would have made it clear. Maybe he'll be useful for talking things out with the islanders? Hopefully he and his mother (?) were off trying to find new lands and weren't banished or something.
Old 2023-05-12, 05:27   Link #50
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
GPS??

Are the satellites still in orbit and functioning after a couple of millennia? I don't recall Senku launching any satellites.
My guess is they've got something more like a radio beacon which allows them to track a heading to/from that beacon, than a GPS which requires satellites.
The author just has them refer to it as a GPS as people know what that is and it saves having to explain stuff.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-12, 12:33   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
My guess is they've got something more like a radio beacon which allows them to track a heading to/from that beacon, than a GPS which requires satellites.
The author just has them refer to it as a GPS as people know what that is and it saves having to explain stuff.
Yes, the emitters are in Japan (on the ground) and not in space. Didn't he call radios "cell phones" too? It's the same thing.

Pretty lucky that the one successful migration was the one with the audio record.

Re: Dunbar's number. Though it's not actually named, there is a funny explanation of the concept there: https://www.cracked.com/article_1499...keysphere.html

Shame that the formatting is broken and the monkey pictures don't display. It's an old article.
Old 2023-05-13, 09:51   Link #52
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, it's not quite the same thing. GPS relies on triangulation from satellites. One radio beacon might be able to track them in one direction, but it can't provide the accuracy of real GPS. To set up anything similar, they would have had to sail across the ocean already and set up the other two beacons in distant locations away from Japan.

I'm losing patience with this series. Vacuum tubes and cellphones were unbelievable enough, but now they have a command center on the ship with a bunch of CRTs and alleged GPS. The quest for ever more implausible discoveries each episode may end this series for me. What's next? A nuclear reactor?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-13, 12:28   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Well, it's not quite the same thing. GPS relies on triangulation from satellites. One radio beacon might be able to track them in one direction, but it can't provide the accuracy of real GPS. To set up anything similar, they would have had to sail across the ocean already and set up the other two beacons in distant locations away from Japan.

I'm losing patience with this series. Vacuum tubes and cellphones were unbelievable enough, but now they have a command center on the ship with a bunch of CRTs and alleged GPS. The quest for ever more implausible discoveries each episode may end this series for me. What's next? A nuclear reactor?
I meant it's the same thing in terms of naming a Stone World gizmo after its much more evolved counterpart.

They have a beacon in Japan, they have compasses, they already know they're in the Pacific Ocean - that's enough to tell them where they are, even if it isn't super accurate.
Old 2023-05-18, 15:25   Link #54
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Wow, even so many thousands of years later, the threat of petrification is still very real, albeit on a smaller scale.

Crazy that it happened to all on board, no one was spared except the stowaway who ironically got "kicked off the boat". I wonder if the locked up criminals were lucky enough to avoid it since they were inside the ship and not on deck.

So the "most beautiful woman" on the island wishes to save her people from the evil ruler who has the power to petrify others. And she has quite the toolbox of womanly charms to achieve her goals....almost as scary as the Mentalist.

It looks like Soyuz will be providing hints here and there as his memory slowly returns. I wonder how integrated his past is/was with the other islanders.
Old 2023-05-18, 16:09   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Someone actually tried some Dr Stone crafting:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-05-18, 20:00   Link #56
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I wonder if the locked up criminals were lucky enough to avoid it since they were inside the ship and not on deck.
nice catch.

they should hope that yuzuriha is in one piece too, some of them are destroyed and if she is too it will be difficult, nobody has yuzuriha talent.
Old 2023-05-18, 22:16   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It took a while, but this season finally picked up some tension in a hurry. Certainly a terrifying concept that some lunatic on this island gained the petrification beam as a weapon. Though that raises all sorts of questions. Since we didn't get to see the cast on the ship get petrified it's hard to get a grasp on what kind of weapon system we're looking at here. Unless this thing has a varied attack range it would almost have to be different from the weapon used to petrify the entire planet in one shot. Though not impossible that it's all a matter of energy being put into the weapon.

Just a lot to unpack here. Plus the pressure lands in a hurry. Now it's not just about reviving people globally but getting their ship's crew back so they can even explore the world as a whole. Though depending on the answers they get here...they might not even need to travel to the source of the initial petrification blast.
Old 2023-05-25, 16:17   Link #58
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

So the 100 Tales was passed on to descendants and some of them migrated to other parts of Japan.

Weird how the petrification beam is able to be contained in a small item tied to a rope and is effectively launched. I wonder if this is a weaker version because it couldn't go through another person directly (or it did and Amaryllis was lucky she was just outside the radius). Also that hair rip was totally unscientific haha.

So Ukyo really did hit the target but it wasn't enough to deflect it back to Kirsame, or away from the boat. Lucky for Ginro he was still underwater and the deflection saved him. Poor Chrome's head got knocked off!

Tomboy/fighter girl Kohaku isn't bad looking, and she's definitely not shy about her body, undressing in front of everyone, but she doesn't have those womanly seductive charms Amaryllis has. I thought Gen/Senku/Amaryllis were going to doll Kohaku up, but her biggest issue is still her personality/demeanor so I'm not sure how it's going to go when they are presented to the master in a future episode.

Nevertheless, she fought as best she could while being held back by her new dress against Kirisama, who (and I think this is a plot hole) didn't realize everyone else was a foreigner when they played that romantic skit (who knew Kohaku could ham it up with a big kiss!) Was surprised Kirisama essentially left the rocks and went back to the boat, without reporting to the old guy.

So Suica created the perfect distraction to save Ginro in the barrel, and I now have high hopes for the Kingdom of Science. She is an SSR card after all!

Still no mention of whether the prisoners inside the boat are alive or petrified.

Lastly, what strikes me is Kirisama wanting to destroy the boat full of unknowns while the older guy wanted to capture and explore it.
Old 2023-05-25, 16:37   Link #59
grecefar

Indeed, suika is an SSR.
Old 2023-05-26, 03:16   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ginro is definitely a "I hate gacha" kind of pull. Thank goodness they've got Suika in there to basically carry this Lab recovery mission.

It did catch me by surprise with this girl being some superhuman fighter. But I guess it makes sense. That petrification weapon seems reliant on having a really good arm. I guess the rope and throw really makes all the difference since I can't imagine there's any way to control the actual range of that thing once it is activated. Thank goodness Kirisama is really naive/pure. Guess being raised as a weapon left her a bit weak to up front affection. Even if it was pretty poorly acted by both sides.

The mystery of this whole thing remains strong. Someone definitely came across this group of humans and gave them that weapon to control the population with. It seems they were allowed to continue living because their tech level wasn't high and are allowed to keep living so long as they remain relatively primitive. Food and resources was the reason the main group's civilization didn't advance very far. But this one is kept controlled by fear and power.

Honestly depending on who they are up against here this situation could be pretty horrible. Someone's clearly been checking out the planet for humans that survived and dealing with them depending on circumstances. So it's not like they can simply revive humanity and be fine. They need to be able to take down whoever started this in the first place. And if we're talking aliens I'm not sure Senku can science up space ships and crazy high tech weapons.

I'd presume the prisoners on the ship were petrified. The beam chased Ginro to nearly the bottom of the ocean. So it definitely passed through the ship. Unless they coincidentally made the prison resistant to beam weaponry we probably won't be seeing that bunch take part in this situation. Probably for the best.

Tags
adventure, sci-fi