AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-17, 22:40   Link #81
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My experience is the same, there were much worse goings on in my middle school.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-20, 02:52   Link #82
scififan

Just a shout out, since no one has done so yet.

The school nurse looks like Takagi-san the prankster.

Spoiler:
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 13:29   Link #83
Frontier

Ichikawa is still trying to rationalize his "like" for Yamada, saying it's obviously not romantic feelings or anything of that sort...he just doesn't hate her! That's it! Though hey, at least it's a step in the right direction .

I love how Yamada had Ichikawa wrapped around her finger but didn't seriously want him to be her gopher. It's cuter just to have these two make Puruche together like dorks, even if they do get caught by the teacher .

I was surprised Yamada's nose still had a bandage on (which all her friends too turns writing on!) though I guess this episode was still dealing with the fallout of the basketball to the face. Rin wanted to apologize but had too much pride, not helped by the fact that she seemed to resent Yamada and Serina being friends since she and Serina used to be close in elementary school. But it was nice to see all the girls come together and get along, with a little prodding from Ichikawa of course .

What do you even do in the data processing club!? I guess I kind of get why Yamada couldn't do basketball any more, but I wonder if she will join Ichikawa's club...though really, if that smile said anything it's that she just really wants to spend more time with him in general .

Yamada is making Ichikawa bold! Bold enough to ride double on a bicycle in front of a police station and to be a little more outgoing! Yamada also gave him quite the view as she sat behind him .

I love Yamada's response to the teacher. "I wasn't the one who threw the wrapper in the trash!" not even actually denying she was eating snacks. This girl, I swear :innocents:.

Wait, is that...Yukari Tamura as Ichikawa's big sister!? Wow .

It was really nice to see Yamada and her friends in casual clothes, especially Yamada with that flattering and eye-catching loose-strapped dress and boots, and she couldn't help but go out of her way to flirt with Ichikawa while he's in the line at McDonalds. Though she missed that he got soft-serve for her, though it's the thought that counts .

Ichikawa destroying that teachers' accusation against Yamada with facts and logic! So much so it earned said teachers' respect and made Yamada want to be friends with him even more! Their relationship is making good progress .
Old 2023-04-22, 14:23   Link #84
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Nice to see Kana animated.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 18:16   Link #85
grecefar

Nice chapter, they are interacting more and more.

We know now that ichikawa has potential to be a lawyer.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 18:16   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was such a good episode. Yamada continues to be an absolute treasure, and Ichikawa is becoming more and more confident. He took a pretty big step standing up to the teacher. I think the best part is that she really wasn't the one who threw the wrapper in the bin, since we saw later that she keeps all of them in her pockets. She's a dork but she's not dumb!

Yukari Tamura in three shows I'm watching this season? It's been a while since that last happened.
Old 2023-04-22, 19:43   Link #87
Wandering Soul

It's nice to Ichikawa gain more confidence and become bold when it comes to his interactions with Yamada.
Old 2023-04-22, 20:27   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Some cute moments. And their interactions are getting more enjoyable as Yamada gets even more proactive in them. To the point of following Ichikawa but forgetting her wallet so her excuse of going down there to order food blew up on her.

Got her out of a tricky spot. Not that the teacher was really convinced, but I think he was just happy to see Ichikawa being so talkative and active. Probably a student the teachers were generally concerned about with him being rather isolated and...reading odd books. Going to bat for a girl is a much more positive development for him .
Old 2023-04-22, 21:08   Link #89
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It would be literally almost impossible to overstate how much I love these two. They're too much for me.

Also, Kana is an all-time Onee-san character. She's a legend.
Old 2023-04-26, 16:51   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Couple of BokuYaba images from mangaka to celebrate the anime (more to come this week) - Aka Akasaka (Oshi no Ko writer, Kaguya-sama), Osamu Nishi (Iruma-kun).

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2023-04-26 at 17:39.
Old 2023-04-29, 13:30   Link #91
Frontier

Time to form groups for work visits! And of course Adachi being his horny boy self wants in with the cute girl group...even though nobody wants Adachi. And Ichikawa is just along for the ride. Not that he wants to be part of Yamada's group of course. No sirree .

Kanzaki obviously wants to be in Hara's group, and luckily Ichikawa and Yamada are able to team-up to wingman him into the group...even if it means throwing Ichikawa's own intelligence under the bus (not that the girl group is dumb, Sekine is fifth in their year!). But luckily Yamada knows Ichikawa well enough to recognize he's smarter than that .

Girl Talk between Hara and Yamada! Hara wants things to go well with Kanzaki and they've even gone somewhere together, though she's still concerned about her weight. Meanwhile Yamada's never had a boyfriend though she's definitely got cute ideas about what she'd want to do with one...also I love how the conversation just kept coming back to Yamada and her snacks .

Ichikawa can definitely keep a secret, though Hara smugly seems to realize what's really going on between Ichikawa and Yamada .

Yamada wears Ichikawa's raincoat extremely well! Got that beautiful tall girl energy going for her! And I never though wearing someone else's raincoat could look so romantic .

So did Yamada pretend she didn't have an umbrella so she could wear Yamada's raincoat (she really seemed to enjoy that) and get an umbrella for them to walk home together with? Or so she'd have an excuse to get snacks? Well, really she didn't have to go to the trouble of hiding anything if she just wanted that, so she probably just wanted both .

Huh! Who would've thought Adachi, Sekine, and Serina would bond over a manga they all know ?

Baki art! That was unexpected. And them mentioning Beastars. I'm guessing this work is published by the same magazine or company ?

Adachi just had to ask about the fanservice art, huh ?

Elevator kabedon! It's especially powerful with Yamada's tall girl energy! Even Ichikawa closing his eyes (even though his face is literally inches away from her chest) can't negate how powerful her presence next to his is. And Yamada never took her eyes off of him .

Hey, I'd take any excuse to trade Shojo manga with a girl like Yamada. Granted I actually like Shojo manga, but still .

It was nice of Yamada to wait behind for Ichikawa...even though their friends didn't know to wait for them. So now the two are stuck alone together! What hijinks will they get into next ?
Old 2023-04-29, 16:33   Link #92
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 11:31.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 16:48   Link #93
grecefar

a lot of good moments from them, they are really cute. Him smiling at her with the baki manga and the elevator scene were my favorites.

I wonder if she started to like him before he gave her the drawing.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 17:09   Link #94
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

That was a kabedon for the ages. So far the adaptation isn't disappointing.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 18:25   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ichikawa is now in the "I like her but there's no way someone like her could like me" phase despite the fact Yamada goes out of her way to hang out with him. Understandable since she's a model. This is also so relatable it almost hurts. I hope he will find the courage to confess and get an answer (we already know what it will be), I never did and it still haunts me to this day. That was 20 fucking years ago.

Yamada and Ichikawa teaming up to act as wingmen for Kanzaki was sweet. I hope Hara and Kanzaki will return the favor at some point.

I found out the mangaka did Mitsudomoe not too long ago so not too surprised to see it name-dropped here. Although Ichikawa revealing to Yamada he reads a manga focusing on lolis feels out of character, that's the kind of thing he'd want to hide at all costs. Oh, and I'm sure glad they didn't get the same chara designer as the Mitsudomoe anime. Those little girls were so ugly.

I wonder what exactly Yamada was looking at that left her so speechless during the Kabedon scene. Could just be because Ichikawa had his eyes closed and looked like he was waiting for a kiss, I suppose.
Old 2023-04-29, 20:11   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Don't forget, by her own admission Anna has never had a BF and she doesn't even get all the double-entendres Hara does. I always interpreted that as her just being a bit overwhelmed by being so close to the boy she's crushing on for so long.
Old 2023-04-29, 21:15   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wholesome female friendship .
Old 2023-04-29, 21:47   Link #98
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
a lot of good moments from them, they are really cute. Him smiling at her with the baki manga and the elevator scene were my favorites.

I wonder if she started to like him before he gave her the drawing.
I don't think there's any question about it.
Old 2023-04-30, 02:57   Link #99
kuroyanagi

Ichikawa goes on how Kanzaki is a pervert, but Hara's mind is totally in the gutter too. They'll make a great pair

And I hope somebody does something about Adachi soon. It's one thing if he's being crass to classmates and friend, but he's also being crass and a creep towards women in general, in the most inappropriate contexts.
Old 2023-04-30, 08:50   Link #100
Wandering Soul

Yeah, compared to Adachi, Kanzaki is more retrained in his perversions. I guess it also helps that his crush can have a dirty mind too.

Tags
comedy, slice of life