AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 16:36   Link #281
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One would suppose so, the VA have been kept since CLANNAD voiced version, it is by the same studio, and not even a year has passed since the first season to guarantee that a VA has died or something like that.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:30   Link #282
Harimo Haria

I'm hoping for a happy ending, but judging from the preview... that doesn't seem likely.
Harimo Haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 19:38   Link #283
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
One would suppose so, the VA have been kept since CLANNAD voiced version, it is by the same studio, and not even a year has passed since the first season to guarantee that a VA has died or something like that.
Not to mention it was already confirmed by the magazine expose that revealed AS that the staff and the voice cast would be the same(first page of this thread).
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 04:59   Link #284
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

TBS AnimeFesta this weekend! Hopefully we will finally get some hard details on this...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 15:35   Link #285
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
YAY details!!! Lucky people who get to see preview >.< I envy you guys! Then we can stop wondering everything!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 20:18   Link #286
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
i just want to see what all CONFIRMED characters are going to be in the second season.....i really hope the whole gang is there
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 02:32   Link #287
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

What I want is a new OP and new ED... both animation and music. I mean, it's still Clannad, but I just don't think that only replacing the title logo with CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ is going to do the new season justice... haha
Old 2008-08-13, 07:06   Link #288
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
What I want is a new OP and new ED... both animation and music. I mean, it's still Clannad, but I just don't think that only replacing the title logo with CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ is going to do the new season justice... haha
I doubt they'll change the opening-video, as it already shows one of the After Story-characters in the one they had in season 1. The ending might change though, and I honestly think it should. Dango Daikazoku is like, completely inapropriate for the extreme drama that apparently might take place in this season. I have to wonder though, IF they change it, what will they change it to? Kage Futatsu, Chiisana Te no Hira, the nonsensical engrish song that I hate so much or another anime-original song? Meh, guess we'll know once we get closer to the release.
Old 2008-08-13, 08:34   Link #289
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Really? I have always though that Dango Daikazoku is an extremely sad song when you know the context
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 09:18   Link #290
Ottocycle

Oh Proto, stop teasing.

I thought that making Dango Daikazoku the ED has the main objective of in-universe immersion, in that we'll be familiar with the show that Nagisa is ever so obsessed with. Being cute, suitable are probably just objectives that the music and ED animating people were working towards, even though these will be the factors that will endear the viewers to it first. If you are able to get empathy from your audience, you've won half the battle.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 12:26   Link #291
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

I hope they do not use A Tiny Palm for the ending. That would ruin the emotional impact for the end, end. Anything but that song. I expect a new OP sequence since they won't have the entire focus on the other 4 girls. If they include secondary cast they should be featured ^-^. Or have scenes from the illusionary world? Maybe it will have a new remix of megumeru?
Old 2008-08-13, 20:46   Link #292
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i wonder how many gallons of tears will i drop on this one
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 21:07   Link #293
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I'm guessing when this is released on DVD, I gotta collect the full set once again... *sighs*... there goes another few hundred dollars... T_T
Old 2008-08-13, 21:12   Link #294
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I'm guessing when this is released on DVD, I gotta collect the full set once again... *sighs*... there goes another few hundred dollars... T_T
it is "tears" well shed
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 04:21   Link #295
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
how about this song for an ED?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWwr-K2-ymo
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 05:13   Link #296
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I hope they do not use A Tiny Palm for the ending. That would ruin the emotional impact for the end, end. Anything but that song.
You've got a point there. I hope it'll be played at some point, being that I think it's the most beautiful song from the game, but playing it in every single episode would propably be a bit much... I'll just assume that they're either keeping Dango Daikazoku, or they're gonna use another anime-original. I don't really see any of the other songs in the game working as an ending-theme.
Old 2008-08-14, 13:02   Link #297
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Hmm, we have many songs left in the Soranado albums. I'm sure they can pick some from there ;D
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 14:51   Link #298
Kristen
*Author

The OP should have the same song, in my opinion. There's no real need to change it, unless they want to go with something sadder for the darker tone of After Story. But, I think the animation is going to probable change, focusing more on Nagisa, Tomoya, and the after story main focuses (focii?) Maybe Kyoani is going to make 2 OP animations for this season, one for the fall with the sides, and one for the winter with after (We can only hope).
As for ED, it needs to change. Maybe "Sora ni Hikaru" could work? No Chiisana Tenohira, oh no. That needs to be the ED for the last episode, and only the last episode. Heck, I cried through it.

I have faith in Kyoani. They do what's right.
Old 2008-08-14, 21:25   Link #299
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
I think "Sora no Hikaru" would be a pretty good ending.
The opening could stay as Mag Mell, but It hink it'd be interesting if they changed it up a bit or used a different version of Mag Mell. Ushio could sound nice? Maybe...
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 23:04   Link #300
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

A really good opening could be shoujo no gensou / 少女の幻想. Might be a bit too scary 0_0 depending on how the go with the series. This song without words scares me LOL. The illusionary world kinda scared me XD.

Maybe if no secondary routes it would be good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQs4esnWC88 to have a hear ^-^ (wait it has vocals lol)