AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-16, 06:47   Link #1101
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Really loved this series and I been expecting her to tell him that she loves him too and maybe even kiss, but nothing!

Demands a second season!
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 11:11   Link #1102
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Well I guess we get a "hope for the future" kind of ending.

Really, what would have been good was to tie up the Hatsujikai problem (which was EXTREMELY POSSIBLE last ep) and for the couple to give their confessions to eachother in the end. Ryouko could even still have that shy attitude (I'm glad she didn't punch him this time).

Eh, this good enough. It was thoroughly enjoyable, but not complete. That white haired guy is still prowling the depths, and Ryouko's trauma I don't believe is quite settled yet.
This is easily fixed with a second season, but I don't know how likely that is.

Overall, pretty good; a few cliches, a few strange developments, but the characters pulled through for me, so that's good. Ryoushi became much more of a man, and the romance quota was made. hmmm..... 7.5/10

AND THEY ALL HAPPILY EVER AFTER. THE END.

GO AWAY.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 11:34   Link #1103
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Machiko = Machu stiku = Matchstick = Matchstick girl?

Well this season finale wasn't as much a finale as an obvious lead in to a second season for the series.

Except maybe happily ever after which, you know, tends to be a more conclusive statement even in an open ended finale.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 12:04   Link #1104
Cabrini6000

I really, really, want a 2nd season. The ending was too open-ended.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Cabrini6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 13:44   Link #1105
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Best moment was Majo calling Ryoushi a bum.

Machiko was entertaining in the beginning, then quickly became a plot device to lead to the moment between Ryoushi and Ryouko at the end, which isn't even all that better than the one last week .... bit of a wasted episode.
You usually try to end the series with a bang, but they held back? Is a second season already planned or something???
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 14:05   Link #1106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah not the best ending they could have done. Plus still issues hanging overhead like Hatsujikai. At least Ryouko came close to admitting to someone how she felt about Ryoushi. Another season certainly seems possible.
Old 2010-09-16, 15:14   Link #1107
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
You usually try to end the series with a bang, but they held back? Is a second season already planned or something???
Either that or the open ending is intentional to increase Light Novel/Manga sales.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 15:22   Link #1108
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Either that or the open ending is intentional to increase Light Novel/Manga sales.

And ending the anime properly won't?

(and it's not even ending it, it's just confirming RxR's relationship)
Old 2010-09-16, 15:27   Link #1109
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
And ending the anime properly won't?
Admittedly if they ended it on Episode 11, it would've been equally open ended. Maybe they just wanted a Happily Ever After ending and couldn't do that after such a serious episode.

Quote:
(and it's not even ending it, it's just confirming RxR's relationship)
I think that was confirmed a loooooong time ago.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 15:36   Link #1110
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

I think that was confirmed a loooooong time ago.

Exactly. So what's a small little extra step? Just another example of this show falling short for me.
Old 2010-09-16, 18:23   Link #1111
TJR

Quote:
I don't think it's either. Most likely, the series has been left open in case it's successful enough for a sequel.

Unfortunately, popularity seems a little low (lacklustre DVD pre-orders; the light novels didn't sell much better either), so I'm not expecting a second season.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 23:27   Link #1112
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Another season certainly seems possible.
Looking at the sales (as mentioned the number of DVD pre-orders is low) and novel popularity - not really. Well at least now JC Staff can say that they didnt screw much of original source as it wasn;t all that great to begin with. Differently from ZnT where novels were popular while anime season 3 was far from that.

Maybe it will increase sales of novels but considering that anime itself was kind of 'meh' and didn't spark greater interest it is not particularly hopeful either.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 00:02   Link #1113
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Really loved this series and I been expecting her to tell him that she loves him too and maybe even kiss, but nothing!

Demands a second season!
I second this and give Ookami 8/10. Couple of flaws, but there's enough strengths to make up for it.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 10:15   Link #1114
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ep 11: A Man is (Re)born

Full series review to follow when I feel up to it...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 18:55   Link #1115
Dahak86
Classics never age

epi 12 was nice and funny! mostly thanks to Machiko, I immediately took a liking to this girl..

maybe it was because of this? =>
Spoiler for Machiko pantsu and bra:
also, Ringo teasing Ookami as usual was fun.

and, wow.. these lines =>
Spoiler for Machiko awesomeness:
overall a fun episode, pure Ookami-style...

so, here's best screens from ep12 =>
Spoiler for mostly Machiko:
ah, yea... last time I forgot to post the rest of the gifs from ep11, so here they are =>
Final thoughts: well, I kinda enjoyed this show; when I started watching it, first ep was meh, Ryoushi was a such a wimp at that time, well he has changed, so now he's way better than before. anyway, I was in this series just for the GIRLS from the beginning, so... hehe.
it was a fun ride. I give it 7/10.

and, to conclude, some fanarts to say good-bye to this series =>
Spoiler:
and...
they all lived happily ever after!
Old 2010-09-17, 21:13   Link #1116
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This series was good but not great so many thing left unfinished there needs to be a second season

There some thing evil about Ringo and her grin and where was she hiding those opera glasses
Old 2010-09-18, 08:39   Link #1117
Seiryuu

Indeed, it's full of unfinished business. This show had BETTER get a sequel, and considering some of the shows that keep going, I don't imagine it takes all THAT much popularity to keep things going. They might wait a while if the light novels have a ways to go so that they don't do the sort of thing we saw in the original Negima and others, but they have to finish it.

And I think this ep in a way suggests that they intend to. If they intended for this to be the end, then they would have tried to close loose ends a bit better, maybe deal with the apparent plans that are being set up for revenge (on both sides), but instead we got a run-of-the-mill setup that basically did nothing except maybe show that the characters really are growing. This was not an ending by any definition I'd care to acknowledge.

I personally liked this. The characters are amusing and interesting, and there's plenty going on under the surface. It seems like few of the significant characters are what they really seem. They mix numerous fairy-tale characters together, and often the surface appearance is far from who they really are.

It might be months, or even a year, but I believe this should most certainly continue.

And about this ep, Machiko was entertaining but I'm not really hoping for repeat appearances. And that's the first time I'd seen a girl fall and then intentionally change her position to "accidentally" show off her panties.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:54   Link #1118
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
There some thing evil about Ringo and her grin and where was she hiding those opera glasses
and her crying, it can totally fool the cops

how long we have to wait before knowing the truth about the Hatsujikai and Ryoko incident?

overall a very nice series with likable chars (the best male lead of the season), an excellent narrator and enough fan-service
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 22:50   Link #1119
Jze0
Hmmm...

After finishing the series just moments ago I have to say not enough Majo. Seriously, not a story arc or single episode for herself. She also didn't get nearly as much screen time as some of the other characters, what gives? Well, besides that problem I thought the series was for the most part pretty solid. I'm hoping for a second season sometime in the future since they left it open ended.
Old 2010-09-20, 12:50   Link #1120
sikvod00

It was an enjoyable series, but my main gripe is that they tried way too hard to show how "manly" and GAR the male lead was--to the point of beating the audience over the head with the fact.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen