AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-11, 23:19   Link #1061
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Every year, anime rag Animage (together with Newtype and Animedia, the biggest publication about japanese animation in Japan) make the ''Anime Grand Prix'', an award that elect's since 1979 the best's animes of the japanese fiscal year (beggining of Fall season - end of Winter season) according to the opinion of your editors, reader's and professionals of the industry.

BEST ANIME

MAGAZINE'S CHOICE -

01. K-ON!!
02. Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
03. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
04. Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei
05. Angel Beats!
06. The Borrower Arrietty
07. Durarara!!
08. Macross Frontier ~Sayonara no Tsubasa~
09. Kimi ni Todoke 2
10. HeartCatch Pretty Cure!
11. Bakuman
12. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - A Wakening of the Trailblazer -
13. Working!!
14. Hourou Musuko
15. To Aru Majutsu no Index II
16. Colorful
17. Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
18. Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto
19. Sengoku Basara 2
20. GIANT KILLING

21. Katanagatari
22. HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD
23. Shiki
24. Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
25. Bungaku Shoujo

Best Male Character :

1. Izaya Orihara (Durarara!!)
2. Sebastian Michaels (Kuroshitsuji II)
3. Yuzuru Otonashi (Angel Beats!)
4. Banagher Links (Gundam Unicorn)
5. Keima Katsuragi (The World God Only Knows)
6. Setsuna F. Seiei (Gundam 00)
7. Endou Mamoru (Inazuma Eleven)
8. Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara 2)
9. Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
10. Kamijou Touma (To Aru Majutsu no Index)

Last edited by I_am_Kami; 2011-05-11 at 23:58.
Old 2011-05-11, 23:24   Link #1062
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay thats abit way too off topic
Old 2011-05-11, 23:44   Link #1063
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Okay thats abit way too off topic
Touma in the top 10 and I don't know where to put index as number 15
Old 2011-05-11, 23:52   Link #1064
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Touma in the top 10 and I don't know where to put index as number 15
Yes, but that's less than 10% of your post
Old 2011-05-11, 23:56   Link #1065
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I have a hard time controlling copy and paste on my itouch
Old 2011-05-12, 00:22   Link #1066
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I sense that the poll for the popular (cough) male characters is somehow made of votes from...

... female voters.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-05-12, 00:28   Link #1067
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I have a hard time controlling copy and paste on my itouch
Yeah, I know the feeling, I'm forced to use my iTouch for the last week and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I sense that the poll for the popular (cough) male characters is somehow made of votes from...

... female voters.
That I can understand for Kira and Lelouch; A strong female fanbase is probably what kept them on for all these years. But since when is Kamijou Touma the type of character to appeal to girls ?

(Let along Ichika for that matter...)
Old 2011-05-12, 02:12   Link #1068
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
But since when is Kamijou Touma the type of character to appeal to girls ?

Considering Touma's luck in canon with girls, this isn't really that surprising

Ichika (from IS?), now that I have no clue. Probably just being similar to Touma with his (more) incredible density in relation matters and looks sort of like Touma?
Old 2011-05-12, 02:15   Link #1069
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
That I can understand for Kira and Lelouch; A strong female fanbase is probably what kept them on for all these years. But since when is Kamijou Touma the type of character to appeal to girls ?

Looks like Accelerator have to help out with the appeal
Old 2011-05-12, 05:03   Link #1070
tsunade666

how the heck ichika was in the top 10? I don't see him there. Though Charle fits her rank and deserve to be top 10.

Accelerator will kill, pawn and dismember that idiot ichika. His an utter failure MC ;_;
Old 2011-05-12, 05:41   Link #1071
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Considering Touma's luck in canon with girls, this isn't really that surprising
But just by having a harem doesn't assure one's popularity let alone with 3D girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Ichika (from IS?), now that I have no clue. Probably just being similar to Touma with his (more) incredible density in relation matters and looks sort of like Touma?
To be fair, alot of people don't see the good points in Touma... So I'm sure... Ichika has some- Has a good point that we don't see... Somewhere in that bottomless abyss of his...

...Or maybe in the Light Novel I don't know...
Old 2011-05-12, 05:59   Link #1072
tsunade666

-_- even in light novel news/reviews/comments of kuroishinigami I don't see a glimpse of light on him.
Old 2011-05-12, 07:52   Link #1073
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Yeah, I know the feeling, I'm forced to use my iTouch for the last week and a half.

So let's see what the Japanese side of the fandom has to say... from my observation.

Used in crossover jokes? A lot. Has a meme about himself? Yes. And it's still widely used in various crossover jokes. Look up そげぶ if you have time. But that mostly applies to 2ch denizens I guess. Yet again...

I think some, if not most, of us can agree that Touma's design is quite appealing for some reason. And promise me you won't be surprised how bishounen can the fanartists draw him, especially when it involves the KamiKoto pairing.

Old 2011-05-12, 10:34   Link #1074
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So let's see what the Japanese side of the fandom has to say... from my observation.

Used in crossover jokes? A lot. Has a meme about himself? Yes. And it's still widely used in various crossover jokes. Look up そげぶ if you have time. But that mostly applies to 2ch denizens I guess. Yet again...
How does that make him appeal to girls ?

Quote:
I think some, if not most, of us can agree that Touma's design is quite appealing for some reason. And promise me you won't be surprised how bishounen can the fanartists draw him, especially when it involves the KamiKoto pairing.
Touma is totally not a bishounenish character; where's the arrogant smirk and sly insults? Where's the glitters and flowers and rich parents? Where's the effortless perfection in everything he do ?

But for some reason... Well, you only need to look at the sig in the above poster to know that he's becoming 'Touma of the Radiant'...>.>

Then again, When he was first introduced, Accelerator had quite an ugly mug as well...
Old 2011-05-12, 11:03   Link #1075
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:

Touma is totally not a bishounenish character; where's the arrogant smirk and sly insults? Where's the glitters and flowers and rich parents? Where's the effortless perfection in everything he do ?

But for some reason... Well, you only need to look at the sig in the above poster to know that he's becoming 'Touma of the Radiant'...>.>

Then again, When he was first introduced, Accelerator had quite an ugly mug as well...
For the first one, like I said, that mostly applies to 2ch denizens and the like. Not girls. But I would like to assume that girls aren't the only voters. Even then, it would be obvious those ranked higher than him have better chance of getting more votes from female voters.

Well, I'm stating the reasons I can think of which explains why he would even be in the list though.

I don't know how popular he is with the non-fanartist fandom, but beware of fanarts: even the most plain of characters can be "beautified." You don't need that kind of description to have a character be fit to be called a bishounen, do you? Or do you still require that in your criteria which might or might not apply to some other people?

Old 2011-05-12, 14:39   Link #1076
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:

Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-05-12, 20:23   Link #1077
Sandinwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
That picture looks strange lol.
Old 2011-05-12, 21:54   Link #1078
Miraluka
Banned

Is Ban Midou, obviously.
Old 2011-05-13, 12:39   Link #1079
Shadow5YA

Most harems are created just from the fact that the main guy is kind to all girls. Touma and Ichika do have that in common. What also lets them have a harem and prevents them from ending up with a single girl is the fact that they're not romantically interested in anyone, so they overlook their harem's feelings.

That's where mileage may vary: you have Ichika, who just comes off as extremely dense to the point where it's annoying, but then you have Touma, where his tactlessness leads to some hilarious situations.
Old 2011-05-13, 13:21   Link #1080
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Most harems are created just from the fact that the main guy is kind to all girls. Touma and Ichika do have that in common. What also lets them have a harem and prevents them from ending up with a single girl is the fact that they're not romantically interested in anyone, so they overlook their harem's feelings.
Well it helps when you save their life from death or despair I guess, as least it's a step from just being a nice guy.

Also, I can't say for Ichika because I never read the LN, but Touma does deviate from the nice guy routine time to time, he occasionally tease and mock girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's where mileage may vary: you have Ichika, who just comes off as extremely dense to the point where it's annoying, but then you have Touma, where his tactlessness leads to some hilarious situations.
I don't know if I'm being bias, but in IS it just seems more obvious because well... There not much else to focus on.
Closed Thread