AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-21, 22:54   Link #121
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
In the end, I have a feeling that it's going to be CaptainxFonFon
i hope not. she seems to be the character type i hate the most. the "i want to be useful, but in the grand scheme of things, i'm not" type. of course she'll probably grow a little stronger over the course of the series, but Fon Fon will always overshadow her when it comes to combat.
Old 2009-02-21, 23:09   Link #122
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
EP 7 is going to make those who are for Nina and Layfon have their convictions stronger, not to mention those who are for Felli and Layfon too.
Old 2009-02-21, 23:10   Link #123
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i hope not. she seems to be the character type i hate the most. the "i want to be useful, but in the grand scheme of things, i'm not" type. of course she'll probably grow a little stronger over the course of the series, but Fon Fon will always overshadow her when it comes to combat.
I don't mind her since she's always trying her best so in a way, I don't think she's useless. She's one of those people who is not exactly born with a talent in fighting but she still tries her hardest which is perhaps one reason why she's the captain. There's other people who are born with a talent but instead of trying hard, they just slack off although the good thing is that I don't see anyone like that in Regios yet although I felt like Sharnid is a bit like that although not entirely especially since this episode also made me like him a bit more due to his concerns although he normally doesn't act like it.
Old 2009-02-22, 00:17   Link #124
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

I love Sharnid the most. But for Layfon's harem, I think Nina will get him. She's going to change Layfon into a true warrior with her ideals and a place to call home in their platoon. Loved episode 7.

Lilin who barely appeared for 7 episodes and suddenly taking the limelight (if this is true) as the main heroine doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to empathize with a character you barely see. I rather see Mei steal the limelight instead of Lilin. XD
Old 2009-02-22, 00:43   Link #125
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
I love Sharnid the most. But for Layfon's harem, I think Nina will get him. She's going to change Layfon into a true warrior with her ideals and a place to call home in their platoon. Loved episode 7.

Lilin who barely appeared for 7 episodes and suddenly taking the limelight (if this is true) as the main heroine doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to empathize with a character you barely see. I rather see Mei steal the limelight instead of Lilin. XD
It's not like she suddenly took the limelight. Rather it was hinted since the beginning how she will play a huge role later on as the story progresses. It's like introducing other important main characters slowly rather than just BAM there goes all of the main characters at the same time. Of course, I'm not saying that the other members of the platoon aren't main members. Rather I am saying that there are the main characters that are show right away, then early on, and finally the ones that will appear later on.
Old 2009-02-22, 00:50   Link #126
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
EP 7 is going to make those who are for Nina and Layfon have their convictions stronger, not to mention those who are for Felli and Layfon too.
l agree with the layfonxnina bit, but l fail to see the layfonxfelis scenes ._.
Old 2009-02-22, 01:02   Link #127
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Felli's getting more worried about Layfon as well as recognizing his will to fight (I don't think Felli can rest easy with that), as how I can see from the episode.

I might be wrong.
Old 2009-02-22, 05:04   Link #128
zibi88

Well all girls think Layfon is free so maybe let's make a move on him.... but that atmosphere is till Leerin appears ^^ than real war will start ^^

Well it seems things about Leerin will appear in episode 8 ^^ so maybe soon Leerin will appear at Zueli and all girls wont sleep easyly from now on with the biggest enemy that can steal Layfon easyly ;]

Maybe Mei had more screen time but its becouse they live in the same city....things will change with Leerin appearing there ^^ Childhood friend, most important person that he keeps thinking about very often and offcouse the person he shared his first kiss with ^^ so when Leerin will appear at Zueli things will change ^^

Besides even anime posters show Leerin on front of them so she is very important to the story so she will have more screen time... (she is important becouse queen herself said herself that she needs to protect her...)

Im for LayfonxLeerin since for her Layfon is the most important person (leerin for layfon is the same) both think about each other even when they are separeted for many kilometers (live in different cities now), both udnerstand each other the best and well Leerin doesnt care about Layfons pwoer but she cares who he is as person ^^

Leerin needs to go fast to Zueli so both would feel an ease on their feelings and worrying for each other ^^
Old 2009-02-22, 07:49   Link #129
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zibi88
Besides even anime posters show Leerin on front of them so she is very important to the story so she will have more screen time... (she is important becouse queen herself said herself that she needs to protect her...)
*cough* Felli and Nina right besides him looking *cough*

Higher chances for them maybe?
Old 2009-02-22, 09:16   Link #130
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Who knows...we're just past 7th episode from the 24...even Mei has a chance to drasticaly change and win Layton's affection(perhaps it would be extremely hillarious and weird)
Currently the 2 "high runer" is Nina(who don't want to admit her romantic feelings for him) and Leerin(who currently in another City...and remained unknown to the other girls mostly) at the moment. Strange as it seems that both of them currently partly "out" of the love wars and only participate "indirectly" while the 2 "active pursuers"(Mei and Felli) have lesser impact.
Old 2009-02-22, 09:54   Link #131
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Well all girls think Layfon is free so maybe let's make a move on him.... but that atmosphere is till Leerin appears ^^ than real war will start ^^

Well it seems things about Leerin will appear in episode 8 ^^ so maybe soon Leerin will appear at Zueli and all girls wont sleep easyly from now on with the biggest enemy that can steal Layfon easyly ;]

Maybe Mei had more screen time but its becouse they live in the same city....things will change with Leerin appearing there ^^ Childhood friend, most important person that he keeps thinking about very often and offcouse the person he shared his first kiss with ^^ so when Leerin will appear at Zueli things will change ^^

Im for LayfonxLeerin since for her Layfon is the most important person (leerin for layfon is the same) both think about each other even when they are separeted for many kilometers (live in different cities now), both udnerstand each other the best and well Leerin doesnt care about Layfons pwoer but she cares who he is as person ^^
The plot armor is thick, really really thick.

With episode 7, Nina gains some, Felli stands her ground, Mei drops a couple of points and Lilin/Leerin is unchanged for the most part but still up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Leerin needs to go fast to Zueli so both would feel an ease on their feelings and worrying for each other ^^
It's going to get ugly once this happens in ways more than one, and all Layfon wanted was a nice peaceful life!

We might be overthinking some of this stuff.
Old 2009-02-22, 09:58   Link #132
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Why do I have a feeling to speculate that

Spoiler for Spidey Sensey is tingley:

I don't like it being that tragic, but I wonder why I sensed it anyway.
Old 2009-02-22, 10:02   Link #133
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen
]It's going to get ugly once this happens in ways more than one, and all Layfon wanted was a nice peaceful life!

We might be overthinking some of this stuff.
Dude, seriously. It's gonna happen, sooner or later. Fon-fon is setting up a time bomb of which he himself didn't even realize it.

You know it, I know it, maybe everybody else here knows it. But we turn a blind eye about it pretending all will be alright. Time will tell.
Old 2009-02-22, 21:30   Link #134
TrueKnight

I just had the thought about Layfon’s potential love interests on their character development. So far they’ve developed for the better, let see.

- Felli, stuck up, selfish, reluctant, cold, unsocial, into finally a team player, willing to use her power to the fullest extent, and able to express her feeling a bit. I think her character grew considerably. Person responsible for this change, Layfon.

- Nina, from being reckless, emo, inferiority complex, jealous, into finally a team player, thinks tactically, acted as a leader who thinks of her subordinates and accepted her role in the team…..even if it’s as bait. I think her character grew significantly. Person responsible for this change, Layfon.

- Mei, from being a good baker into a better baker, hey if she’s cookin’ for someone she likes, it’ll just make her to do better. Insignificant, small character growth, why do I even bother? Person responsible for this change, Layfon.

- Leerin, no sufficient information gathered in order to judge this character aside from novel or manga.

*further waves Felli x Fonfon flag*
Old 2009-02-23, 10:46   Link #135
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

I make as stoic opinion as i can.
First off the captain.
Theres been no interaction whats so ever in a romantic way.
Only those as friends.
Replace her with a guy and it's normal their interaction.

Felli: Anyone else tired of the whole mysterious Girl Cliche?
I am! Her character needs to make sense before i even touch her with a romantic pov.
They spend a good amount of time but nothing past PLutonic.

Mei: The only girl that is close to him ( as in area) and is know to actually like him in a romantic way. Though she is sub character. This goes against her. IE Shirley, all other side character girls. They never get justice but oh well stuff happens.

Girl left behind: Actually to be quite honest i think if anyone gets reyfon's heart. It's this girl. Why is she even in the story. She's Imprtant! to what degree? Pretty important if the strongest person in that universe has taken interest in her. She also cares about the MC a lot ( in a romantic way)

Reyfon: Actually is pretty much an airhead. He doesn't see anyone i romantic light. Except in two instance it struck. One, when he was kissed, its hard to deny someones feelings when they do that. He thinks about her. This much is clear.

The other instance is Mei which was surprising. When he goes Superhero mode to save the town. He thinks about three people the three subplot girls.
While he thinks mei twice. Not once does he think about the captain although she is probably in over her head or felli. Or any of the other guys.
Though like many shounen anime i am gonna put my dice in Ambiguous.
When does it not end ambiguously? (sarcastic question do not answer it XD)
Old 2009-02-23, 11:00   Link #136
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Well, I love playing around with pair-ups, never to be serious with supporting one; if any of them entertains me more the better I like them. If it's enough to make me go "W00T!" in front of the keyboard then I'm in.

And episode 7 just showed me something that I had to greatly thank Sharnid for saying it. ;D
Old 2009-02-23, 11:10   Link #137
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Interesting.

I'm not exactly sure what is the mysterious side of Felli you're referring to. She's a potent Psychokinetitist or whatever it's called who feels that people only value her for that ability. She is tried of being defined by her innate talent and wishes to experience fulfillment in other areas of her life. (which is hampered by her psychic abilities) She draws paralells between herself and Layfon, neither of which really wants to use the powers they have, which apparently is leading to romantic feelings. Her feelings for Layfon continually cause her to reevaluate her philosophical stances and causes her to take a more proactive role in multiple aspects of her life. Felli hasn't done anything romantic with FonFon because she has a hard time expressing herself and Fon Fon doesn't seem to be taking a proactive role in their relationship.

I seem to be alone in this regard, but I don't think Layfon is an airhead. I think he understands that both Mei and Felli has romantic interests in him. Leerin or something to do with being a Heaven Blade is causing him to not get involved with anyone. Since their isn't any proof to either assumption I really don't want to waste time arguing the hypothesis since neither of us can prove the other wrong.

Also, I don't believe he saved the town because of Mei. I assume he envisions the three girls because they represent the working civilian side of Zeullni which has no interest in way but were forced into a life or death situation. I know one of the girls was a MA student but she has been portrayed in a very ineffectual manner so far so it doesn't really matter. Felli, Sharnid, Harley, and Nina are all people who've been displayed in combat roles who are familiar with the risks their lives lead. Layfon doesn't want people who are uninvolved to be killed due to his negligence so Mei + the two goombas were used to symbolicly represent this.

P.S. Layfon isn't the most powerful being in the universe . I assume many of the more veteran members of the HB are currently stronger, tho it's pure conjecture. The Queen is definitely much stronger than Layfon currently.
Old 2009-02-23, 12:25   Link #138
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

I'll use what Momosan said for reference here...

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what is the mysterious side of Felli you're referring to. She's a potent Psychokinetitist or whatever it's called who feels that people only value her for that ability.

She is tried of being defined by her innate talent and wishes to experience fulfillment in other areas of her life. (which is hampered by her psychic abilities) She draws paralells between herself and Layfon, neither of which really wants to use the powers they have, which apparently is leading to romantic feelings. Her feelings for Layfon continually cause her to reevaluate her philosophical stances and causes her to take a more proactive role in multiple aspects of her life.

Felli hasn't done anything romantic with FonFon because she has a hard time expressing herself and Fon Fon doesn't seem to be taking a proactive role in their relationship.
From that part, by now I am pretty much convinced that Felli is:

- She is a psychokinetist who, due to the nature of their abilities, have a hard time expressing feelings and emotion.
- The only way she can express herself to Layfon apart from conversation is by kicking him out of frustration (due to the inability to find the correct way to express it), because it's the only way she knows how. Remember from the "cockroach" from episode 1 till now, whenever she really wanted and tried to express something (jealousy, anger, frustration and anything counted in its league) it's always with that kick, because that's the only way she knows how to express herself.
- And we all pretty much knew that ever since she first had a conversation with Layfon she somewhat changed to being more expressive with her emotions. Although her expressions are still deadpan as ever, we can notice the way she actually feels by the slight change in her intonations and her pattern of speech (I'm by no means an expert in semantics, but it's enough for me to read what's on someone's mind well enough for me to get clear of "danger" ).
- And if she develops her character further in order to make Layfon understand (and perhaps appreciate) her better... that can develop into what we're hoping (and what I and some of us are predicting) to happen.

Quote:
I seem to be alone in this regard, but I don't think Layfon is an airhead. I think he understands that both Mei and Felli has romantic interests in him. Leerin or something to do with being a Heaven Blade is causing him to not get involved with anyone. Since their isn't any proof to either assumption I really don't want to waste time arguing the hypothesis since neither of us can prove the other wrong.
I think he's actually not sure (and still confused) about Felli and regards her as his senior (despite Felli's request to call her just by her name), and he regards Mei as one of his circle of first-year friends (you know that Mei, Mifi and Naruki are his lunch-mates :P), and I bet he is not the type to sense such things - or rather I'd say, he simply doesn't want to make any assumptions. In other words, he doesn't have this thought of: "Does she like me?"

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-02-23 at 12:43.
Old 2009-02-23, 13:18   Link #139
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
I make as stoic opinion as i can.
First off the captain.
Theres been no interaction whats so ever in a romantic way.
Only those as friends.
Replace her with a guy and it's normal their interaction.

Felli: Anyone else tired of the whole mysterious Girl Cliche?
I am! Her character needs to make sense before i even touch her with a romantic pov.
They spend a good amount of time but nothing past PLutonic.

Mei: The only girl that is close to him ( as in area) and is know to actually like him in a romantic way. Though she is sub character. This goes against her. IE Shirley, all other side character girls. They never get justice but oh well stuff happens.

Girl left behind: Actually to be quite honest i think if anyone gets reyfon's heart. It's this girl. Why is she even in the story. She's Imprtant! to what degree? Pretty important if the strongest person in that universe has taken interest in her. She also cares about the MC a lot ( in a romantic way)

Reyfon: Actually is pretty much an airhead. He doesn't see anyone i romantic light. Except in two instance it struck. One, when he was kissed, its hard to deny someones feelings when they do that. He thinks about her. This much is clear.

The other instance is Mei which was surprising. When he goes Superhero mode to save the town. He thinks about three people the three subplot girls.
While he thinks mei twice. Not once does he think about the captain although she is probably in over her head or felli. Or any of the other guys.
Though like many shounen anime i am gonna put my dice in Ambiguous.
When does it not end ambiguously? (sarcastic question do not answer it XD)
If we replace Nina's character with a male counterpart we got almost the same conversations(maybe some conversations and circumstances are different in ep 7) but we miss the whole fun of it. the headstrong male captain is too cliche doesn't it?
No matter that she and Layfon didn't got into a romantic situation even a little bit, but they're having the best chemistry for now. Thanks to him she'll gets stronger and become a real leader. In exchange Layfon leart a lot from her regarding the responsibilites with his powers and perhaps teamwork.
-Felli: She's changed by Layfon the most. She become somewhat active and have some sense of duty...not to mention that hse seems to showing some emotions thanks to him. Great developments but as i stated earlier i kinda doubt if she gets Fon-fon.
-Mei:she's ignored lately(i mean she's almost just a decoration) and seemingly don't push herself to get closer to Layton. She has the hero complex about him...something he willing to become the least.
-Leerin: Ok...we know the least from her...She's somewhat the emotional pillar to Layfon...Because she's got extremely little screen time(close to the engrish guy but maybe even less)
Regarding Layfon's obliviousness about the other girls' feelings i think the same as Soul Assassin: He's not interested in too much in girls...he has no intetion of getting a girlfriend and that's why he somewhat dumb to their feelings.
Old 2009-02-23, 13:22   Link #140
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

I agree, I doubt he wastes his time wondering who likes him. The difference is I don't think it's because he's incompetent, but because he has other things controlling his current actions. There could be some kind of stipulation about being a Heaven Blade or he might be devoted to Leerin which causes his to disregard the actions of the females around him. While they probably will turn him into another retarded harem lead stereotype, I'll hold out faith until the time comes I can't argue against it anymore.
Closed Thread