AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-08-17, 22:43   Link #81
psycopomp
yeah!!!!

Yay i'm glad that they will make this manga in to anime!
psycopomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 22:49   Link #82
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycopomp View Post
Yay i'm glad that they will make this manga in to anime!
First came the light novel, after came the manga. No one can tell now if the anime will follow the novel or they just taking the concept and messing around.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 00:55   Link #83
psycopomp
yeah!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
First came the light novel, after came the manga. No one can tell now if the anime will follow the novel or they just taking the cnd messing around.
Well i just love the characters o.o

They will as is likely get the concept from manga. It's hard to pinpoint whether they will get the stroy from novel or manga.However they will most likely get it on manga

Ain't manga and novel story are the same?O.o
psycopomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 08:53   Link #84
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycopomp View Post
Well i just love the characters o.o

They will as is likely get the concept from manga. It's hard to pinpoint whether they will get the stroy from novel or manga.However they will most likely get it on manga

Ain't manga and novel story are the same?O.o
but the novel came first, but the manga is doing a good job following the novel quite closely, but it won't be 100% the same, so in reality the manga will have some things different.

so at the moment it doesn't really matter which one the anime will follow.

however it make sense to follow the novel as there is more volumes of the Novel then the manga.

you naturally follow the medium that has more material, plus with a written medium you have more space to interpret some of the scenes and plots.

while still being true to the the material.
Old 2008-08-19, 12:55   Link #85
Vaelis
Black Panther

Firstly, the story of the manga is almost exactly the same than the novel (with less detail)
Secondly, the manga only covers the first volume of the novel. Ami hasn't appeared in the manga yet (and she will be in the anime). With only the manga they can only do 4-5 episodes.

-> the anime will be based on the novel.

I don't know the number of episodes but if it's 24 or 26, the anime will probably cover at least the first 5 volumes of the novel (I hope it will not be 13 episodes )
Vaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 14:19   Link #86
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelis View Post
Firstly, the story of the manga is almost exactly the same than the novel (with less detail)
Secondly, the manga only covers the first volume of the novel. Ami hasn't appeared in the manga yet (and she will be in the anime). With only the manga they can only do 4-5 episodes.

I don't know the number of episodes but if it's 24 or 26, the anime will probably cover at least the first 5 volumes of the novel (I hope it will not be 13 episodes )
itīs gonna be 42
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 23:56   Link #87
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelis View Post

Well, a lot of the detail described in the novels is easier to draw than expose in dialogue, so that's natural. Second, Volume 2 of the manga's uncompleted but appears t be covering the last few chapters of Volume 1 of the novel and then jumps to Volume 2's introduction of Ami.

... and is it just me, or is Ryuuji a born janitor?
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 23:59   Link #88
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Well, a lot of the detail described in the novels is easier to draw than expose in dialogue, so that's natural. Second, Volume 2 of the manga's uncompleted but appears t be covering the last few chapters of Volume 1 of the novel and then jumps to Volume 2's introduction of Ami.

... and is it just me, or is Ryuuji a born janitor?
Well i think that was what the authour was getting at. It's all part of the character quirkiness that the authour so loves to do, the fact that Ryuji looks like a delinquent but is as docile as a rabbit. Anyway the novel is really interesting, the cliffhanger at the end of chapter 2 is just too much lol i'm dying to find out how it's going to turn out, right now i'm resisting with all my power to click the 27% link to chapter 1 of volume 3.
Old 2008-08-23, 00:02   Link #89
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Well i think that was what the authour was getting at. It's all part of the character quirkiness that the authour so loves to do, the fact that Ryuji looks like a delinquent but is as docile as a rabbit. Anyway the novel is really interesting, the cliffhanger at the end of chapter 2 is just too much lol i'm dying to find out how it's going to turn out, right now i'm resisting with all my power to click the 27% link to chapter 1 of volume 3.
He's not docile - anyone who does what he and Taiga did at the end of the first novel isn't docile. Domesticated, but not docile.

Still, let's see how J.C. Staff can screw THIS up... given how they butchered the ZnT adaptation.
Old 2008-08-23, 00:13   Link #90
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
He's not docile - anyone who does what he and Taiga did at the end of the first novel isn't docile. Domesticated, but not docile.

Still, let's see how J.C. Staff can screw THIS up... given how they butchered the ZnT adaptation.
If by that you mean him

Spoiler for volumes 1:

He's so docile to the point of being a little wimpy.
Old 2008-08-23, 17:19   Link #91
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

He's domesticated, not docile like a bunny - else he wouldn't have been able to stand up to Taiga to tell her what he did...

Spoiler:

He's like a happy housewife more than a bunny rabbit.
Old 2008-08-23, 22:56   Link #92
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
He's domesticated, not docile like a bunny - else he wouldn't have been able to stand up to Taiga to tell her what he did...

Spoiler:

He's like a happy housewife more than a bunny rabbit.
With the mother he got, he have no choise to become a ''Housewife'', of his own will or not.
Old 2008-08-24, 01:32   Link #93
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

More PLIZ, and when is the first episode of the anime airing?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:25   Link #94
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
With the mother he got, he have no choise to become a ''Housewife'', of his own will or not.
There's a difference between being good at cleaning (a la Hayate Ayasaki) and lusting after Hermes towels. The first is due to circumstance - the second is a sign of an obsession...
Old 2008-08-24, 22:15   Link #95
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
There's a difference between being good at cleaning (a la Hayate Ayasaki) and lusting after Hermes towels. The first is due to circumstance - the second is a sign of an obsession...
Obsession do not came from nothing, a behavior coming from circunstance may becoming part of the person even obsession.
Old 2008-08-25, 00:21   Link #96
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Obsession do not came from nothing, a behavior coming from circunstance may becoming part of the person even obsession.
We're getting off track from the whole 'Ryuuji isn't docile - just domesticated' thing here... but still, just because he does cleaning doesn't make him automatically want things like curtains and Hermes towels.
Old 2008-08-25, 01:58   Link #97
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

I smell an anime-original story line here, but let's hope not as 'original' as they did ga-rei ZERO *belch*
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 02:58   Link #98
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
I smell an anime-original story line here, but let's hope not as 'original' as they did ga-rei ZERO *belch*
I hope they don't... but this IS J.C. Staff, and they've specialized in adding unnecessary fillers and completely ignoring the novel storylines in favor of making the abusive tsundere loli even more abusive.
Old 2008-08-25, 06:19   Link #99
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
but let's hope not as 'original' as they did ga-rei ZERO *belch*
That's not possible, since the official website has Ryuuji and Taiga (and co.) on it. Ga-Rei is not only planning to replace the original story, but planning to even replace the characters, after all.

Though it is possible they will do Toradora like Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, where they somewhat follow the novel, but mostly swap around and cut and stuff.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:00   Link #100
msuwildog80

Hi can I ask a quick question regarding this series?

I have read the chapters up until the recently translated chapters. And scouring the net, I found vague messages by people indicating that this series becomes both dark and serious (random quotes by people in reviewing the light novels).

As some of the posters seems to have indicated, they have finished up until the latest volumes (8?).

Is it possible to spoiler tag me some short summarys? Or can you by chance point me towards some light novel summaries. Being that I spend 3 hours googling different ways to find spoilers I figure the best way is to beg the experts.

Thank you for the time.
msuwildog80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, shounen