AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 54 40.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 32.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-24, 19:16   Link #21
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Sooo easy to take out of context:
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9...7947611961.jpg

By some Ayase shippers:
http://i.imgur.com/z0fEl.jpg

ED was unexpected but nice
Old 2010-10-24, 20:28   Link #22
type-R!

This episode really impressed me. Some scenes were really good adaptations from the novel. Could't have asked for a better scene of Kyousuke falling on top of Kirino.
The trance ED is awesome as well, definitely on my list.
Old 2010-10-24, 20:42   Link #23
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I really like how a certain blogger described this episode and the series as a whole.
Quote:
Imouto Gods, Thank You! This is already the real Oreimo! It’s true that the first episodes were a little, how to say, slower, but this is it, folks. This is it. From now on, Oreimo will be unstoppable, it will continue to become more and more awesome. I’m sure that after today’s episode and especially after a certain scene, many people who thought Oreimo was something with a completely different goal may even go as far as dropping it now that they’ve seen what it is like, but for the rest of us, true believers, this is it. No more waiting for the Imouto gods to bless us.
Old 2010-10-24, 20:55   Link #24
winkel

What is he referring to? What different goal, what exactly are we supposed to be seeing?
Old 2010-10-24, 20:59   Link #25
ion475
にこにこにー

The pacing of this episode is definitely fast...there goes 2 more chapter. They skip the Manami chapter as I expected (Although putting that chapter in another part doesn't really affect the overall plotline...)

Skipped a bunch of Kyousuke feeling on Comiket also, especially the Kyousuke-maid interaction (It's the funniest part of the chapter...). Kyousuke also set 2nd flag on Kirino (1st "flag" is end of last episode), a flag on Ayase, no flag on Kuroneko yet but that part comes up much later.

Other than that, they did spoiled Saori's real name much earlier than the novel and manga did (and actually show details about her address, which was never mentioned in either the novel nor the manga other than "being far from where Kirino lives").

An average ending theme...but I can't have high expectation for anime ED anyway unless it's something like K-On. Although I didn't expect an ending theme sing by Hayami Saori instead of Ayana...
Old 2010-10-24, 21:06   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow funny that I was thinking before the end of the episode that Kirino should open up to Ayase about her hobby. Then wow there she is right at the end . Seems like the type that would be understanding. I mean if she can watch Kyousuke pull a stunt like that and not freak out I doubt her hobby will be anything more than a surprise. That feeling seems even safer now. I mean if she was there that means she likely has the same hobby. What a cliffhanger though .

Nice to see the growing friendship with Kirino and Kuroneko. Those two are really amazing in terms of not being honest. Maybe one day they can have a conversation without needing to be so harsh with each other.

Interesting with the Kyousuke and Ayase moments though. Thought normal girl would be the easy lead, but seems Ayase might just end up in the middle of this.
Old 2010-10-24, 21:11   Link #27
Andrelol

Very good episode, but nothing special.

The next one will probably be a lot better.
Old 2010-10-24, 21:18   Link #28
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
What is he referring to? What different goal, what exactly are we supposed to be seeing?
He means how people who watched episode 3 thought that this series was about deep stuff like protecting you sister and standing up for what you believe in. In reality this series is just fluff. Hardcore sister on brother fluff. Basically like the doujinshis you find in Comiket.
Old 2010-10-24, 21:24   Link #29
winkel

But Kyousuke does protect his sister. He continues to do so throughout the entire series in various situations.

As for standing up for what you believe in... those moments will occur again too. The characters will indeed be tried again and again.

Quote:
Hardcore sister on brother fluff. Basically like the doujinshis you find in Comiket.
But... it's not like that?
Old 2010-10-24, 21:26   Link #30
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
But Kyousuke does protect his sister. He continues to do so throughout the entire series in various situations.

As for standing up for what you believe in... those moments will occur again too. The characters will indeed be tried again and again.

But... it's not like that?
Okay, maybe not hardcore hardcore but there's definitely something going on between them.
Old 2010-10-24, 21:30   Link #31
D-Gold
Aurum

So in this episode a little sister event was triggered and the little sister's best friend route was opened. This is getting interesting
Old 2010-10-24, 21:33   Link #32
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wow. Another great episode. I was waiting for something to happen with her friends and it proved to be really comical.

And this always bugs me, I know why they do it and why it happens like this but, why doesn't he just get up!?

Ayase is pretty win, I have to say. Understanding, cute and nice. I guess that's the only benefit to having a sister - her friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
What's with the mosaic?
Old 2010-10-24, 21:44   Link #33
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Wow. Another great episode. I was waiting for something to happen with her friends and it proved to be really comical.

And this always bugs me, I know why they do it and why it happens like this but, why doesn't he just get up!?

Ayase is pretty win, I have to say. Understanding, cute and nice. I guess that's the only benefit to having a sister - her friends.

What's with the mosaic?
Lets just say if their dad saw that picture kyousuke would get insta killed in the most horrific bad end ever.
Old 2010-10-24, 21:45   Link #34
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
"Pretend that you don't know what's going on until she screams or resists" is what I'd like to say for when you actually enjoy it. Well, I guess he didn't going from his expression and the fact it's his real sister... but he blushed and she didn't resist or scream. So... the only answer is stupidity.

Quote:
I can't agree more on Ayase.
Though that is definately not the only benefit of a little sister.

Quote:
What's with the mosaic?
It's already bad enough, you don't want it to be worse than it is... (or maybe you do)
Old 2010-10-24, 21:46   Link #35
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Sees picture.

My reaction
Old 2010-10-24, 21:59   Link #36
UchuOtaWho
宇宙オタWho

Send a message via AIM to UchuOtaWho
Good episode overall, looking forward to next episode the ending opens up a new area the show can go. The game reminds me of Magical Battle Arena.
Old 2010-10-24, 22:09   Link #37
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Love how Kuroneko and Kirino interact with each other. The next episode can't come fast enough
Old 2010-10-24, 22:11   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Almost pure and simple shipping fuel, that's what this is, even if to do that you have to take the entire scene out of context.
Old 2010-10-24, 22:13   Link #39
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'm actually rooting for an Ayase route but seeing the spoilers makes it seem impossible...
Old 2010-10-24, 22:17   Link #40
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
I don't really think this deserves a big 10 but it was pretty good. Good scenes, a LOT of times the Syscaplypse or something was used more than necessary... but overall a good episode.

I really liked the new ED and most of all, how the episode ended. AYASE-CHANNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Closed Thread