AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-19, 10:32   Link #81
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

This series is great - wish I'd found out about it sooner! It's so cute...if only the animeforever archive bot wasn't always so clogged up with queued files...

I'm really enjoying it. A bit of a Harry Potter vibe, but more like The Worst Witch. Only good.

And it looks gorgeous, too!

But yeah, having Suikoden music popping up at the end was pretty odd...

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 09:42   Link #82
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon
This series is great - wish I'd found out about it sooner! It's so cute...if only the animeforever archive bot wasn't always so clogged up with queued files...

I'm really enjoying it. A bit of a Harry Potter vibe, but more like The Worst Witch. Only good.

And it looks gorgeous, too!

But yeah, having Suikoden music popping up at the end was pretty odd...

-BonBon
The soundtrack is by Tamiya Terashima, considering he's a former Falcom member and the arranger on the awesome Ys V Orchestra Version music it's not surprising it's very rpg-esque...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:09   Link #83
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
The soundtrack is by Tamiya Terashima, considering he's a former Falcom member and the arranger on the awesome Ys V Orchestra Version music it's not surprising it's very rpg-esque...
Mmm...but it actually WAS the music from Suikoden, as opposed to something similar...

I've caught up with animeforever's subs, and really can't wait for more. I love this series! It's just all a little bit different. Not the most original plot or characters in the world, but the animation and art is just a little more impressive and fun than the average, and Eva-chan is SO adorable...

-BonBon
Old 2004-11-22, 11:20   Link #84
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Which episode did the Suikoden track appear? I'm curious about this now, as I have the soundtrack and it seesm to be all original compositions...
Old 2004-11-22, 12:29   Link #85
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

It was on the end of the first episode; there was a preview/recap type thing, and over it was playing music from the first Genso Suikoden.
Old 2004-11-22, 14:32   Link #86
Freakman

It's a damn shame this series doesn't seem to have any following; watched up to 28 and i gotta say i love the direction the series has taken
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 15:43   Link #87
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon
It was on the end of the first episode; there was a preview/recap type thing, and over it was playing music from the first Genso Suikoden.
Well that track from Ep.1 definately isn't on the soundtrack, I'll have to check out that Suikoden ost as it is very similar to the tracks used in TW...
Old 2004-11-22, 20:07   Link #88
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
It's a damn shame this series doesn't seem to have any following; watched up to 28 and i gotta say i love the direction the series has taken
28? Subbed? *Salivates*

Or raw?
Old 2004-11-22, 20:13   Link #89
hooliganj
Team Player

It was my understanding that the series was stalled for now at episode 16, and was going to resume at a later date. 16 certainly seemed like a good place to pause for a while, since the story was about to change gears and head off in a radically different direction.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 20:17   Link #90
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
It was my understanding that the series was stalled for now at episode 16, and was going to resume at a later date. 16 certainly seemed like a good place to pause for a while, since the story was about to change gears and head off in a radically different direction.
I thought it was just that a different TV station started airing it, so they're waiting for that one, for some reason...
Old 2004-11-23, 01:46   Link #91
Freakman

Bonbon: Watched them raw
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 12:45   Link #92
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Animeforever just released! Yes!!!

Downloading now. I must've started watching at an opportune time. Not too long a wait! Oh, I can't wait - I'm really enjoying this series!

Could you tell? ^_^
Old 2004-11-23, 17:36   Link #93
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well ep17 certainly reconfirms the fact that Alice doesn't think before she acts. It was kinda annoying. The wizard realm seems nice, but apparently it's pretty phony and ofcourse Alice hates it cause you can't use magic there. Ohwell not much else to talk about, these episodes are just too short hehe.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 01:50   Link #94
Fronzel
Schmuck

If it looks like a chestnut, feels like a chestnut, and tastes like a chestnut, is it a chestnut?

Wow, this is like Bladerunner or something.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 08:07   Link #95
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
If it looks like a chestnut, feels like a chestnut, and tastes like a chestnut, is it a chestnut?

Wow, this is like Bladerunner or something.
Exactly what I thought. A very interesting new direction - it appears that in place of magic, the Wizard Kingdom has high technology that is effectively magical. It's always a link I'd made in sci-fi/fantasy, and I think the idea has a lot of promise.

But yeah. Alice (aRUsu?) definitely proved herself the stupid one in that situation. Like many current anime protagonists, she feels things very passionately and stands up for them, but often gets herself in trouble because she didn't think it through.

Oh, and whatever Eva was doing when her disguise came off, it looked like fun!
Old 2004-12-06, 09:39   Link #96
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Okay, despite appearing to be talking to myself, I enjoyed 18 and 19 enough to post again! This may not be the most-watched anime of the season (part of the blame has to be the title...), but these episodes were really brilliant. The whole science vs magic thing is obvious but done really well, and I love the clashing sci-fi and old-fashioned styles. Poor Eva was so cute in these episodes, and the action scenes were really fun.

Shame Will came and went so quickly - the 'old guard' of wizards resisting the replacement of magic with technology were interesting and I'd've liked to have seen them do more.

It's just such a great series...
Old 2004-12-06, 10:32   Link #97
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I don't know about brilliant, but it was interesting. Shame Will didn't make it out, it looks like the man he met might have been Alice's father. I wonder why they put forth all that effort just for Alice, is there something special about her?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 15:03   Link #98
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 06:45   Link #99
mintyfresh
Altoid

Wow, so there is a thread for this show -- well, I hope it's not too late to jump on the bandwagon, but I just got through watching this anime (for as far as it's been subbed), and I must say, I love it. I simple ADORE the animation style, and I think that episode 14 was a godsent.

I'm definitely watching this one for as long as it'll go. Can't wait to see more eps. ^^

Frankly, I think this may just be one of the best anime's no one's watching..
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 00:05   Link #100
TBox

So the pace of the past few episodes has been frenetic. Are they going to have a huge cliffhanger on every episode from now unto the end?

I dunno if my heart can take it.
TBox is offline   Reply With Quote