AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-26, 08:03   Link #10161
novalysis

I wonder whether Ajimu in general has a great deal of interest... and affection for the Shiranui and Kurokami families.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 08:36   Link #10162
DawnEmperor

How many families have we seen so far? Hitoyoshi, Kurokami, Shiranui, Munakata...
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 08:45   Link #10163
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
How many families have we seen so far? Hitoyoshi, Kurokami, Shiranui, Munakata...
Unzen, Nienami, Kanaino, Kugurugi, Yuzuriha, Kotobuki, Momozono
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 11:12   Link #10164
ccie20012

Spoiler for 156:
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 12:18   Link #10165
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm.. for some reason, I think Medaka's father kind of dresses like.. Zenkichi.

Maybe it's just that all the male characters have the same flamboyant style to me :P
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 14:15   Link #10166
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
I didn't say Sol Falling was pedantic. I said Sol Falling would be right to call me pedantic, since with the names, I was simply being nit-picky.

Medaka didn't call him father, she said "someone I loved as a father". Also, Anshin'in said Medaka killed her father. I don't remember Medaka killing Fukurou, but simply being a factor in his death. So maybe Ajimu was just trying to be provocative and using father?

Medaka said Fukurou loved her as a daughter. There was no talk of adoption. It's not like Medaka lacks a father or was having problems with Kajiki that she was considering leaving the family altogether.

You are always looking at every nook and cranny when it comes to proving your own misguided points, so I assumed you'd entertain my silly little quest for clarity when it comes to characters. I apologize from you for that and that only.

And if I was being absolutely pedantic, I'd do this instead of talking about Medaka Box itself:

...Your essentially moaning that... "You are* essentially moaning that"
...Your pedantic, you knew what... "You are* pedantic, you knew what"

But I won't... I apologize from others who had to read this. Since it's clear who the father is, I won't try fixing your wording any longer.
Again in this chapter he's referred to as "other father" by Medaka's own father etc. Like I said, your simply moaning about the fact I forgot to put the word "father" in quotations despite meaning, to I just forgot ok.

What do you achieve by correcting me nothing, I was not causing confusion with anyone that had actually read the story, and anyone that didn't wouldn't care about what I'm saying.

That is what being pedantic means, in the end you achieved nothing and what point I was trying to get across was getting across perfectly fine without you moaning about it. It's not like we're even discussing an opinion on the story, you started a worthless discussion completely worthless I hope your happy.

My god I actually feel sorry for you, if this is the sorta stuff you do often... I do not even want to imagine it...
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 19:42   Link #10167
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Anyone think it is odd that only momozono does all the talking? The other 2 style users are always silent(except game time).

Yuzuriha(princess-looking) is my favorite style user. She's always smiling. I like that.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 23:24   Link #10168
DawnEmperor

I'm kind of confused about something...Momozono says she won't release Zenkichi no matter what...so what's the incentive of playing the game?
Old 2012-07-26, 23:29   Link #10169
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I'm kind of confused about something...Momozono says she won't release Zenkichi no matter what...so what's the incentive of playing the game?
No, she said that Medaka couldn't pick Zenkichi as one of the two that she could set free before the game (she picked Ajimu and Hanten). She'll set Zen's body free if she loses (or atleast that's the agreement)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 23:36   Link #10170
DawnEmperor

^Oh I see, thanks.

I wonder why they see him as that much of a threat though...or maybe it's because they know they can't really stop Medaka
Old 2012-07-26, 23:41   Link #10171
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
^Oh I see, thanks.

I wonder why they see him as that much of a threat though...or maybe it's because they know they can't really stop Medaka
It's not that they see him as a threat (I mean...there's still freaking Ajimu there) but Zen is the perfect hostage. I mean...she sealed away the man that Medaka loves the most and agreed to marry. Not only that but he's dead and while they can revive him, they need the body.
This makes him both a great hostage and a great psychological attack on Medaka.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 00:06   Link #10172
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Remember what Ajimu said to Tsurubami? They don't need actually beat Medaka but make her feel like she lost.
Old 2012-07-27, 01:26   Link #10173
DawnEmperor

I don't know, it's an interesting situation, but at the same time it's hard to feel much tension.
Old 2012-07-27, 02:22   Link #10174
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I understand that, the entire plot could be resolved in minutes if it weren't for those plot devices in the way. Nishio's constant trolling of his readers doesn't make things better.
Old 2012-07-27, 04:38   Link #10175
Tenchi Hou Take

It was pretty obvious the second Aijimu became a main character that any tension in this manga had all but disspeared. Really it does seem like a pretty stupid idea to make her as overpowered as she was, without making her final villain. He have simply made her significant more powerful than Kumagawa, without being practically unbeatable and her character would have large remained the same.
Old 2012-07-27, 04:50   Link #10176
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I think it's a bad idea to make such sweeping judgments when we are only now just starting to get into what appears to be the core of the arc.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 05:12   Link #10177
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think it's a bad idea to make such sweeping judgments when we are only now just starting to get into what appears to be the core of the arc.
Come on now, there's giving the author credit and then there's basic common sense. Either he nerfs Aijimu (which may in itself be hard to do without coming off as convulted), or the tension is pretty much gone. Either that or he practically take Aijimu out of story to the point where she doesn't want to interfere.

There's a very obvious reason for this Aijimu is a near godlike existence with no clearly defined limits hell her entire character is built on this fact. That means without a nerf, there's practically nothing the villains could do that it isn't logically possible for her to potentially overturn. Which removes pretty much all the tension.

This isn't going to change unless Nisio does one of two things, takes her out of the story or nerf, her. Those are pretty much his options. I'm not even sure Nisio really deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt with Aijimu this is the guy who converted a godlike existence in pretty the space of chapter, probably not even that.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:16   Link #10178
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm not saying you're wrong.
I'm just saying that you should wait before making statements like "all the tension is gone".
IIRC sixteen chapters into the last arc we were still in the Medatrials.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 20:47   Link #10179
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong.
I'm just saying that you should wait before making statements like "all the tension is gone".
IIRC sixteen chapters into the last arc we were still in the Medatrials.
Sixteen chapters into last arc, Aijimu was an antagonist, we knew Medaka would "win" but we didn't know how since there was no real logical way for her to win that we knew of at that time. Even back then there was more tension than we have now.

This situations the exact opposite, there's no real logical way for the heroes to lose as well as there being no real logical way to beat Aijimu in a straight confrontation in which Medaka ironically lost in the last arc. Hence why there's practically zero tension in this arc. The only real way to bring it back would be for the heroes to actually permanently lose or at least for Medaka's plan to fail but even that would not neccesarily bring back the tension as it would just make prevalent how convulted this entire plan was as Aijimu a god-like existence was willing to help.

Which leads us back to the original issue of Aijimu.
Old 2012-07-27, 21:27   Link #10180
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Even before Ajimu, Medkaa basically filled that position by sheer virtue of being the 'main character' that Ajimu (and on some level Kumagawa) spoke of. Medaka used to annoy fans back when the manga started but Ajimu makes things worse with 10,000,000,000 skills and abilities. Any 'fight' Ajimu enters will end in a curb stomp battle but Medaka isn't really that much better. Medaka will not lose even when she does, she even beat the person who was stronger than she was.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council