AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 22:08   Link #681
Gravitas Free Zone

I feel the need... the need for speed... and might bypass the BT-2 and use free XP to get right into the BT-7. It would join my M3, A13, and Pz38nA in the Too Fast For My Own Good department.

What worries me is that I've snap-shotted charging BT-7s to death because it's got pretty bad armor for Tier III. (Answer: Don't be those guys.)

Thoughts?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 22:15   Link #682
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Funny that the guy with the most "shooty" name drives the .. least shooty tanks..

A good scout is worth their weight in gold x 2 + a billion though!

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 03:01   Link #683
LeoXiao
思想工作

The Bt-2 is roughly similar to the BT-7, except that it only sees tanks of tiers 1-3 instead of 2-5. It is much easier to pwn in as a boss of the battlefield than the BT-7 which is really just a scout most of the time. If there's a tank you should skip it's the A-20. It's not fun as a scout, teh gun is horrible, and it takes 11500 xp to research the T-34, which is FAR superior in every way except absolute speed.
EDIT: Just upgraded my T-34 to historical 1941 standard, but it's very challenging to play with only 86mm of penetration. I can go by the tanks on Prokhorovka and think "I have that exact same one" though.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2012-12-12 at 04:20.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 05:18   Link #684
Sumeragi
Banned

I just noticed: GUP2 uses the Kuromorimine emblem for their clan.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 05:27   Link #685
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I feel the need... the need for speed... and might bypass the BT-2 and use free XP to get right into the BT-7. It would join my M3, A13, and Pz38nA in the Too Fast For My Own Good department.
if you want both speed and power, try to get the Cromwell.
Old 2012-12-12, 09:13   Link #686
Sumeragi
Banned

I've decide: Should the Löwe go on sale, I'm selling the Tiger and buying the Löwe.
Old 2012-12-12, 09:38   Link #687
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
The 3-inch howitzer?

That thing arcs as high as an SPG, can be outrun by a T-50, and doesn't give that much more alpha compared to the 2 pdr. Why would you want to suffer that?
Because I love the pain

Naa I found that out to my horror after I mounted.

That said it does alright in the urban maps and at least I'm not bouncing as many shots anymore and when it comes to the more barren landscape maps I generally hang around the flag and defend the arti.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 09:51   Link #688
willx
Nyaaan~~

Slightly off-topic, but I just noticed when I was checking my "special offers" link on the humble indie bundle (which is selling all the Company of Heroes games, plus others for dirt cheap) ..

That Wargaming.net paid over $1,500 for a copy of all the games (http://www.humblebundle.com/ - less than 9hrs left)

Outlook is positive

Last edited by willx; 2012-12-12 at 11:56.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 09:55   Link #689
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Here is the awesome LL Churchill game I promised I would upload a replay of a few days ago.

And this is probably the first time I've ever been on the right side of a 15-0 drubbing.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 10:23   Link #690
Gravitas Free Zone

Ended up putting the other fast tank decision on hold, because I gathered up enough XP to get myself a StuG. After all, as I said, I have a few fast tanks already.

I haven't done any evil cackling with the StuG yet, though. It needs upgrading to survive the extra tier.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:11   Link #691
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So tank vets... question time!

As I am on the verge of acquiring a Tiger II, I plan to use my Tiger as my training vehicle until my crew can get sufficiently trained before they transfer to the bigger cat. That being said, if my crews have several skills trained before moving on, would those skills become inactive because I will have to retrain my crews from a certain level while they operate the new tank, or would they be retained?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 14:13   Link #692
LeoXiao
思想工作

If you have skills and perks, they don't become inactive. They simply do not get trained further until the basic skill is at 100%.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:37   Link #693
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
If you have skills and perks, they don't become inactive. They simply do not get trained further until the basic skill is at 100%.
So say if I have deadeye trained. It will be retained and remain active even if my basic skill is not at 100%?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:38   Link #694
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
So say if I have deadeye trained. It will be retained and remain active even if my basic skill is not at 100%?

- Tak
Indeed, that is correct.

EDIT: Well at least it works with 6th sense. Don't see why Deadeye wouldn't qualify.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:44   Link #695
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Decide to go to French light tank branch. wish me luck

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 14:45   Link #696
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Decide to go to French light tank branch. wish me luck
Gasp!

I had respect for you!!

- Tak

Old 2012-12-12, 15:12   Link #697
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I still continue my US TD and Ger Med line.

I just want to get that ELC

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 15:25   Link #698
LeoXiao
思想工作

The ELC is a fun, stress-free little thing. Anything beyond that requires a high level of mastery because you will see tier 10s.
Old 2012-12-12, 15:45   Link #699
Gravitas Free Zone

I just watched an ELC AMX do its thing, get three kills... and dodge off a bridge into the river.

The really amusing part is that at game start, our team's ARL V39 also drove off a bridge. Just a lot more slowly.
Old 2012-12-12, 19:27   Link #700
Sumeragi
Banned

Got my fourth Ace Mastery Badge:

I could have gotten Top Gun, but I decided victory was more important. Still, can't figure out how I managed to kill all those tanks and also get a Steel Wall.....

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks