AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-12-25, 21:25   Link #21
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
And when it does have melo moments, it works really well or has a purpose.

For example
When Dianna (disguised as Kihel) cries at Kihel's dad's grave, it's such a huge character development.
Or when the younger Willgem died in the cockpit, you really feel the cruelty of war. "Dianna-sama...I'm afraid that arm's all that's left..."

Turn A, such a timeless classic.

I have to agree with the part about the villains though...about Gym, and also Agrippa Maintainer. I still don't understand the argument they had before Agrippa died. And I didn't know why Midgard had to kill him. Gym was an interesting character though, Turn A felt like it could use maybe 5~10 more episodes towards the end when they switched to Century Color
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 01:05   Link #22
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Yes indeed, why did Midgard kill Arippa? and what was the point of thier argument as well?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 02:47   Link #23
4Tran

In my opinion, Turn A is the best of the Gundam TV shows. In fact, the beginning led me to believe that it would be the first Gundam show to become one of my personal favorites. Gundam shows tend to have very weak settings, but Turn A is a shining exception to this rule. I especially like the way the early episodes are immersed in this setting. However, I think that the show delved too much into its roots starting with the Moon episodes, and the ending never regained the charm that the earlier portions delivered. It still is my second favorite Gundam TV show.

I just want to add a bit more about the Dark History. I think that this idea works rather well if all the events took place within the Turn A universe. If you try to incorporate the other universes into the Dark History, then the entire concepts falls apart under its own weight.
Old 2005-12-29, 04:54   Link #24
flamingtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
I just want to add a bit more about the Dark History. I think that this idea works rather well if all the events took place within the Turn A universe. If you try to incorporate the other universes into the Dark History, then the entire concepts falls apart under its own weight.
I would think it was meant more as a theatrical "dark history" for Gundam in Tomino's view. So i guess there isn't really a great need for a "rational" explanation. And It would still fit the UC well enough if it had to make sense.
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 11:48   Link #25
sanghyun1990
상현

I just finished it, this is one of the best Gundam. I really liked the character and the story. Also about mech desgin it is not bad, I liked Turn A design. Even though head looks weird, the body part had good design. This series is opposite of Destiny, good stories, good characters, and orginal mech design.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 12:01   Link #26
SlugZilla
woofles

Corin Nander - I'm suprised the best character in Turn A doesn't get any props. He is like Gundam's own HG razor ramon. Turn A ain't the same without the crazy bald guy. He is the man, my favorite character in the series.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 16:15   Link #27
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

He's so crazy that no one seems to care that his suit has a big red arrow pointing to his pecker. Now THAT'S crazy.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 12:07   Link #28
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

No, that's just part of what makes him a pimp.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 15:04   Link #29
sandrum
MS Engineer

Just got the image of Corin poppin out of his ms with a big ol "FOOOOOOOOOO!!"
sandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 05:24   Link #30
GX9900_NTlv9

I don't know how many times they refer to the turn A gundam with moustache, LOL!
GX9900_NTlv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 12:10   Link #31
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

Actually the appropriate question would be, "How many times is the suit even referred too as the Turn-A Gundam or Turn-A?"

"White Doll" and "The Mustache" are the most commonly used nick-names for the suit. Loran doesn't even know it's a Gundam for the first 9 episodes, and doesn't know it's the Turn-A until ep 23.
Old 2006-01-02, 18:14   Link #32
Zedd
Its a trap!

What exactly was the relationship between Loran and Dianna at the end? Was her husband or simply her caretaker? The husband thing came from the fact that she was wearing a silver ring.
Zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 19:43   Link #33
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
That's kinda been up to debate I think. Personally I like to think of it as husband and wife. The two did become close through out the series. I like to think that while the two of them going off together married, that the seperate beds (as it appears) could mean that the two of them are taking it slow as they finally have time to enjoy life. Or it could just mean that while they are together and possibly have feelings for each other, Loran still thinks of her as the Queen and as such she gets her own room when the two aren't together. Or possiblely either of them are bad sleepers and thus seperate beds or she could have been sick due to it being winter and so that both of them don't get sick they sleep in sepereate rooms due to them being far from other people.

This is one of the things I really wish was better explained or expanded upon. I still hold that they were married and had feelings. When he kisses Sochie good buy the camera purposely shows Diana looking away from them while this happens. Either to give them privacy or because she doesn't want to see Loran kissing Sochie good bye (her being like a little sister and due to her feelings for Loran).
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 19:57   Link #34
Gattzu
Silent but Awesome

I just finished Turn-A a few seconds ago and just wow, god damn what a series.
One of the best Gundam series I've seen.
Gattzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 22:06   Link #35
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effect
That's kinda been up to debate I think. Personally I like to think of it as husband and wife. The two did become close through out the series. I like to think that while the two of them going off together married, that the seperate beds (as it appears) could mean that the two of them are taking it slow as they finally have time to enjoy life. Or it could just mean that while they are together and possibly have feelings for each other, Loran still thinks of her as the Queen and as such she gets her own room when the two aren't together. Or possiblely either of them are bad sleepers and thus seperate beds or she could have been sick due to it being winter and so that both of them don't get sick they sleep in sepereate rooms due to them being far from other people.

This is one of the things I really wish was better explained or expanded upon. I still hold that they were married and had feelings. When he kisses Sochie good buy the camera purposely shows Diana looking away from them while this happens. Either to give them privacy or because she doesn't want to see Loran kissing Sochie good bye (her being like a little sister and due to her feelings for Loran).
Or mabey Loran just isn't going to sleep yet? The world may never know....

Loran could also possibly be going out.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 23:28   Link #36
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
That's also true we just don't know.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 23:53   Link #37
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I hope he is going out, perhaps to see Miss Sochie (My favorite character of Turn A)...There relationship not being resolved was the only down-spot of the series...

It got vaporized in the hack, but this how I would have ended Turn A...

Miss Sochie and Loran would ride their bikes to the site of the moonlight Butterfly where the two mechs are now just a dirt hill (That great final scene music playing in the background)...Loren still doesn't really have a clue why and as they stand at the top of the hill she asks him to turn around and lifts his clothes (No not sodomy you jerks )...As he looks into the cold sky he feels a pinching sensation all across his back...It's Miss Sochie placing leeches on his back to finally finish the "coming of age ceremony" they were never able to complete...After alot of giggling and laffing over the moment their eyes meet and they embrace...Meanwhile the hill seems to have that Moonlight-Butterfly rainbow glimmer to it...As we look deeper inside the mountain the eyes of the Turn A (which can barely be seen) lights up one final time as does the night sky...

Yeah a bit cheesy, but I bet there wouldn't have been a dry-eye in the house...
Maybe Dianna is still in the car waiting who knows ...
Old 2006-01-02, 23:54   Link #38
thedonkiluminati

Is there a Turn A movie? And if so what is it about?
Old 2006-01-03, 01:03   Link #39
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

The Turn-A films are simply compilation movies, and very badly rushed ones. They try to compile 50 episodes into two films and don't add much of anything to the franchise in the process other than some very minor new scenes. Just about all of those scenes are merely intended to speed along the plot or replace TV series elements.

In short, you're not missing anything by avoiding them... and they should, above all else, NOT be used as a substitute for the TV series.
Old 2006-01-03, 03:29   Link #40
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I hope he is going out, perhaps to see Miss Sochie (My favorite character of Turn A)...There relationship not being resolved was the only down-spot of the series...
Yes it is, Loran picked Diana over Sochie I thought that much was clear by Sochie's reaction
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote