AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Hottest guy in FMP?
Sousuke 194 65.99%
Kurz 36 12.24%
Kalinin 9 3.06%
Mardukas 3 1.02%
Shinji 3 1.02%
Gauron 6 2.04%
Ono-D 1 0.34%
Dr. Gates 7 2.38%
Leonard 26 8.84%
Hayashimizu 9 3.06%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-31, 19:43   Link #41
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom_ryder View Post
yes!! my vote definitely goes to sexy Sousuke! ... adds in Sousuke voice: that is all.
Or, "not a problem." Ooo, chills.....
Old 2007-02-05, 15:48   Link #42
Miko-sama

My vote definitely goes with Sousuke. His voice is so sexy (in the Japanese version). Ever heard him sing? ::Fangirl sigh:: Though, I must admit...guiltily...Leonard is sexy too.
Old 2007-03-13, 23:40   Link #43
velvet nightmare

this poll is kind of weird seeing as there arnt many candidates to choose from,lol

does anyone else think that leonard resembles a sephiroth?

they look similar to me
Old 2007-03-29, 19:50   Link #44
Autumnaki
Superstar

I LOOOOOVE TSUBAKI. His character is hilarious to me. A martial artist... who is blind as a bat... XD

But my vote goes to Sousuke. Theres just something about him I truely enjoy.
Old 2007-03-31, 11:22   Link #45
dpryciak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnaki View Post
I LOOOOOVE TSUBAKI. His character is hilarious to me. A martial artist... who is blind as a bat... XD

But my vote goes to Sousuke. Theres just something about him I truely enjoy.

like Ranma 1/2's Mousse
Old 2007-03-31, 11:54   Link #46
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
like Ranma 1/2's Mousse
ROFL... EXACTLY! XD

I didn't even think about that. LOL.
Old 2007-04-01, 00:48   Link #47
#ASprek8#

Sousuke !!!!!!! for sureeeee
Old 2007-07-22, 21:43   Link #48
RogueUNSC86
Nerdcore revolution

IM NOT GAY!!!!!! BUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT If I had to choose it would be Sousuke because my hair is like his
Old 2007-08-16, 13:19   Link #49
Keruri
Like a falling star

....Masatami Hyuga. *mauled*
Old 2007-08-17, 07:02   Link #50
dpryciak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko-sama View Post
My vote definitely goes with Sousuke. His voice is so sexy (in the Japanese version). Ever heard him sing? ::Fangirl sigh:: Though, I must admit...guiltily...Leonard is sexy too.
I've heard the English version sing in Daikon....urg!!! What a fiasco....

I will still vote for Hayashimizu...or that other character. Grr, name escapes me...the guy with a crush on Kaname that is in the martial arts club....gah!!! dumb brain!!!! Gotta rewatch the OAVs again...
Old 2008-01-13, 05:10   Link #51
Sgt.Sagara Souske

leonard is a prety boy baby face lol he needs sum facial hair like GAURON rofl that guy is the man althoguht i voted for kurz coz i thoguht the thread was on appearance bvut alot of ppl based there thoughts on personality so imight be wrong but heck kurz is a P.I.M.P XD
Old 2008-01-16, 20:57   Link #52
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

tessa is the hottest girl and kaname is the cutest.....i have no comment on dudes but i want to contribute to this thread

o yea i have a question why is sousuke so popular, is it becasue he is the protagonist, or is it because he is somewhat wierd pure and ignorant at the same time, or is it because if u girls go out with him he can beat/kill/destroy any danger and protect you from virtually anything that can harm you? i hear girls like it when thier man who can protect them indefinitely......, dont tell me he looks good cuz that so easy

i voted for kurz cuz he seems to be the funnest guy to hang out with....definitely wont be boring at the clubs/bars with him as a wing-man
Old 2008-01-23, 19:14   Link #53
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Why Sousuke of course! No contest.

Krutz is pretty great too though. But I just think he's funny...I don't really go all moe over him.^^

Quote:
o yea i have a question why is sousuke so popular, is it becasue he is the protagonist, or is it because he is somewhat wierd pure and ignorant at the same time, or is it because if u girls go out with him he can beat/kill/destroy any danger and protect you from virtually anything that can harm you? i hear girls like it when thier man who can protect them indefinitely......, dont tell me he looks good cuz that so easy
Well....I think it's because he's cute, a genius, an idiot, a comic relief, and can kick ass all at the same time.
And yes, the protection thing is romantic.
Old 2008-01-26, 13:31   Link #54
dpryciak

I do likely manly men...but I prefer a little more geek mixed in. Gotta have the brains (although, not intimidatingly so).

I think that's why I leaned more into Hayashimizu in the polls. Something mysterious about him, too.

Anybody ever explained more about THAT guy in the series?
Old 2008-02-05, 18:49   Link #55
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

How many gays *cough* i mean guys... do we have in this thread.
Old 2008-02-15, 22:45   Link #56
elevenstrikes
on the rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
i voted for kurz cuz he seems to be the funnest guy to hang out with....definitely wont be boring at the clubs/bars with him as a wing-man
You're right that just "looking good" is not a good answer. Leonard looks good, but he's a bastard, and I would hate to even meet a person like that in real life. Here are, in my opinion, what might be some of Sousuke's more attractive qualities (for the ladies... or whoever...):

- Integrity / transparency. Pretty much, he is who he says he is, and he speaks his mind while he's at it. He isn't trying to fool or impress anybody. The fact that he doesn't care too much about how other people see him is not only practical (hyper self-consciousness is a total waste of energy), it shows that he has nothing to hide, and isn't trying to manipulate his way into anyone's pants, either.
- Faith in his own convictions. Whether it's blowing up a shoe locker, or barging into the girl's changing room, there's always actually a reason for it. -_- The big thing here is, his ethics aren't wishy-washy or inconsistent.
- His work ethic / sense of responsiblity A lot of people, guys and girls, try to get away with putting as little effort in as possible, cutting corners, cheating their employers, etc. He doesn't. Let me just put it this way: laziness is not hot.
- The fact that he gives a damn. About Mithril, about Kaname, about other people and international security... heck, even about fishing and reading. He has priorities, and the ability to be passionate about something other than sex. Basically, even though he may secretly hope to jump Kaname's bones sometime in the future, his exercise of discipline and self-restraint is... well, noteworthy.
- Talent / skill / accomplishments. What I like is the fact that he's not just a smart guy sitting on his ass thinking, "I could do it if I wanted to." But he actually has the record to back it up. That's impressive.

Not to pick on you or anything, but since you asked: there's something that bothers me about the way you phrased the question, "Is it because he is somewhat weird, pure, and ignorant at the same time"? I'll try to break this down as well as I can:

The Weirdness Factor
Frankly, I think a large part of his apparent quirkiness consists of two characteristics I mentioned already: his total lack of self-consciousness, and the solidity of his convictions. Isn't it sad that we consider these "quirks"? ...Of course, these traits combined with his military background are exaggerated to the extreme for humor's sake, but in real life, these "quirks" show good moral character. So the short answer is... yes? "Weirdness" in and of itself doesn't mean anything, and so it can't be an attractive quality. Often times people who are attracted another person's quirks tire of them quickly (Kaname sure did!). Anyway, I tried to nuance the question a little--I hope this makes sense.

The "Pure and Ignorant" Factor
I'm lumping these two together only because you did. It's hard to know exactly what you mean by "pure" and "ignorant," but if you're talking sexually, then by all means, YES, virginity is attractive. Believe or not, this is more attractive than being experienced in bed (imho). I think the fact that Kaname is the more "street-wise" of the two actually helps her to feel safer around him. She can enjoy spending time with the weirdo rather than worry about being sexually manipulated and preyed upon all the time--the way a lot of girls in real life sometimes feel, unfortunately. You mentioned the protection thing. Girls generally like guys who can make them feel safe... but it doesn't mean much if they can't feel safe around YOU.

That's pretty much my two-cents on Sagara. You may have a point about him simply being the protagonist, though. Since the whole series revolves around him, viewers have more time to understand him / get attached.
Old 2008-02-15, 23:01   Link #57
elevenstrikes
on the rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
this poll is kind of weird seeing as there arnt many candidates to choose from,lol

does anyone else think that leonard resembles a sephiroth?

they look similar to me
Only if Sephiroth were about two feet shorter, and really, really gay.
Old 2008-02-17, 01:03   Link #58
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
LOL HAHAHAH omg that was great, eleven YOU ARE CORRECT SIR.... but he did kiss kaname so at least give him credit for being bi.
Old 2008-02-17, 18:49   Link #59
elevenstrikes
on the rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
but he did kiss kaname so at least give him credit for being bi.
He probably did that just to piss her off. I'll bet he's gay for Sousuke, just like everybody else. :O
Old 2008-02-18, 02:00   Link #60
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevenstrikes View Post
He probably did that just to piss her off. I'll bet he's gay for Sousuke, just like everybody else. :O
sousuke is an attractive man and can handle large caliber "weaponry" pfff how can u NOT be gay for him??? AHHAH xD
Closed Thread